Submit

[-Erik-]

Durem Citizen

7,700 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Generous 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:04 pm
Let's face it, we've had better times, but right now it just doesn't seem like we're going to get anywhere as things are.

Who the hell knows what happened. People just stopped coming, it's just us, a handful of furries trying to kill some time. And say what? I ain't even a furry, I was here for the drama, but now not even the dramatic llamas are poking their heads in anymore.

Makes me sad, really...

Everytime I get onto the forums I get the feeling that I am in a house with no furniture, blank walls giving off an atmosphere of solitude caracteristic of a 90's grunge music video and a few boxes laying around pilled on top of each other, indicating that whoever lives in here is packing their stuff and leaving, taking the midnight train going aaaaaanywheeere.

RIP, AFG, aka AFtG.

May you one day awaken from your eternal slumber.

Now, to ease the pain in your hearts I present to you one of my favoritest i
mages on the whole web.

User Image  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:27 pm
Once this RP business is taken care of, I intend to open up a thread or two for RPs.

Dunno what to do about the other stuff...
I've tried my hand asking for art, didn't work.

Perhaps more playful threads need to be opened up.
Not really serious discussion stuff, or at least not a thread specifically dedicated to debate (though those are fun), but a simple thread of "What are you doing for the summer?" or "What are you in college/what have you graduated with/what do you want to do when you get older/what's your dream job?" (Lots of plots for that one).

We have some ones for anime, but there are lots (in other Furry guilds) that bring people with common interests together, bring up post count, and decrease the amount of drama llamas (as hilarious as they are).

~Shrug~
Garek wants to fix some of that stuff, so he's opening up some threads this weekend to discuss it.
I'd be interested to see what other ideas some people have.

DarkWolfLove

Toothsome Werewolf

14,175 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
  • Lavish Tipper 200

Creeped

Tiny Nerd

18,950 Points
  • 1000 High Score 100
  • Magical Gems 500
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:24 pm
Well its not just this guild thats been infected with the silence of doom a lot of others have to  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:07 pm
I know I just recently joined a few months back, but I can see why this guild was so active in the past. What it could use is a bit more cleaning out of old threads and a re-boot in other sections. I wonder if anyone has suggested these before:

- update tags - might help bring up the guild's name more than once if we clearly define ourselves.
- cut/lock dead threads - anything over a year old since the last post should go 'bye bye'.
- make a few attraction threads - I know chatter box, general discussion, lifestyle, and that one textile thread are the least likely places you'd designate for furry anything, but I think the scene/hobby/culture is very much deeply in rooted in these things and to me make it that much more attractive to me, at least.
- re-purpose or narrow down requirements for entry- I know, I know, we can't just let anyone in. As said before, the present requirements didn't keep out the drama or the occasional troll. Then again, that's to be expected? ...I forget where I was going with this, but just a thought.

I can elaborate on that more, but I'll save it for another time. I have a feeling there's been contests, but I can't say whether that helps or not.

As easy as it is to say a guild is 'dead'; it can just as quickly be alive again. Might take a few tries, but it does happen.  

EmerBunny

Garek Maxwell

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:21 pm
This guild ain't over yet and I plan to stick around 'til the end. Just because Mort stopped being a mod doesn't mean this is dead. It's dead when there's only about a post every few weeks.

DarkWolfLove
Perhaps more playful threads need to be opened up.
Not really serious discussion stuff, or at least not a thread specifically dedicated to debate (though those are fun), but a simple thread of "What are you doing for the summer?" or "What are you in college/what have you graduated with/what do you want to do when you get older/what's your dream job?" (Lots of plots for that one).

These threads used to be very common on AFG. That's also the kind of stuff I'd like to see. Not just a chat thread or two, but topics about fun stuff that people can chat about! heart

Speaking of threads I need to work on... *Does so.*

Edit: EmerBunny, all those things listed are things I'm going to be working on. xd Good to see other's are thinking the same thing. It means I'm not making horrible mistakes. razz  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:37 pm
gaia is generally something people grow out of i figure.  

Jungle Boots

Garek Maxwell

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:53 pm
To be honest, if it weren't for this guild and dressing up my avatar, I'd have left long ago. Without one of the two, I'd probably just leave shortly after.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:19 am
It's sad really, not even Lee talks on here anymore. :/

I miss his antics. :T  

XxDemonic_FagxX

Zuri-kai

8,350 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 5:16 pm
Garek Maxwell
To be honest, if it weren't for this guild and dressing up my avatar, I'd have left long ago. Without one of the two, I'd probably just leave shortly after.

I'm the exact same way. This guild, and my strange fascination with playing virtual dress up with these avis is all that really keeps me here. razz  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:42 pm
I too love dressing up virtual avatars!

And speaking to weird folks.

So speak up, you bunch of weirdos <3  

[-Erik-]

Durem Citizen

7,700 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Generous 100
  • First step to fame 200

Garek Maxwell

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:41 am
Zuri-kai
I'm the exact same way. This guild, and my strange fascination with playing virtual dress up with these avis is all that really keeps me here. razz

[-Erik-]

It's like they found some sort of virtual crack! gonk

And we are talking! But! Who's the weirder one? The weirdos or the one who likes to hang around the weirdos? razz  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:54 am
Garek Maxwell
Zuri-kai

[-Erik-]

It's like they found some sort of virtual crack! gonk

And we are talking! But! Who's the weirder one? The weirdos or the one who likes to hang around the weirdos? razz

Sometimes people like to hang around weirdos to feel normal.

When I want to feel prettier I start up google and search for pictures of fatties.

Nothing better to remind me how handsome I am than that cool  

[-Erik-]

Durem Citizen

7,700 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Generous 100
  • First step to fame 200

Garek Maxwell

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:03 am
[-Erik-]
Sometimes people like to hang around weirdos to feel normal.

When I want to feel prettier I start up google and search for pictures of fatties.

Nothing better to remind me how handsome I am than that cool

Teehee, Erik likes to feel pretty! heart

Well! When I want to feel pretty I just dress sexy and pose for a camera so I can look like a fashion model. It's not all that hard when you undergo pre-shoot doll-ups, strike the right pose with the camera, and use photoshop to fix the tiny imperfections (mainly lighting for me. Damn yellow casting lights...).  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:41 am
Who needs dolling up when you have GUNS like mine? cool

A dude with an ugly face, that is.

Which is not my case.  

[-Erik-]

Durem Citizen

7,700 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Generous 100
  • First step to fame 200

Garek Maxwell

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:48 am
[-Erik-]
Who needs dolling up when you have GUNS like mine? cool

A dude with an ugly face, that is.

Which is not my case.

If you want to look like a model in your photos, you gotta doll up at least a little. talk2hand

No, seriously, like, even the most beautiful people in the world go through tons of make-up and getting their hair done for potentially hours just for maybe an hour-long photoshoot, only to then have a photoshop artist come in and do the impossible without surgery.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYhCn0jf46U
Dove - Evolution

Perfect example of what I mean that I like to throw around. Anyone can look like a model with these sorts of resources. razz  
Adult Furries Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff