Submit

Bat Weasel

7,300 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:50 am
http://www.thereadystore.com/mre?gclid=CM-l-vP1xKkCFcbBKgodA0UOJg

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/SearchResults.aspx?catid=294&site=All+Products&num=15&q=Meals+ready+to+eat

http://www.mreinfo.com/civilian/mre/buying-civilian-mres.html

User Image
User Image
Note: The packets say Not for Resale but they meant by the singles not by the box. You can't sell a single MRE but the whole pack is fine.

Hahaha! Who would thought that the Packet inside the MRE can be used as an Explosive Device? Beautiful Thermite! Beautiful Beautiful Thermite heart heart heart heart heart heart

Anyways Off topic there:▲

I have tried these MRE rations they are pretty good but they are high in Carb and Cal. So after eating one you be ready to puke or exercise. These are not meals to be used on a daily basis if you are just gonna sit down after wards and veg out. But they are also good to keep around for 5 years tops. And they are great to use to keep warm too just slap that Pack under your coat and that s**t will keep ya burning for 20 minutes lol. Some actually can last up to 10 years so read carefully and see whats in the box. Some do require water to heat and some don't. Some are actually optional to eat warm or cold.

They are also called Meals Ready to Eject back when. That joke has long gone since they have been improved. Great for hunting trips, Hiking, and camping in the basement after your home implodes on its self.

Anyone here has ever tried an MRE? If so which is your favorite?
Mine is the Salisbury steak ^-^. May not look it but i think it is...Could be Beef Stew for all I know.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:24 am
Bat Weasel
And they are great to use to keep warm too just slap that Pack under your coat and that s**t will keep ya burning for 20 minutes lol.
"Burning" is perhaps more apt than you'd realize. Those packs get HOT. Like, "boil a cup of water on it" hot.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:13 pm
cheese tortellinni is the most edible meal in my opinion

second would be the manicotti

I couldnt bring myself to eat much else, so whenever I didnt get what I wanted I always just dealt with eating the sides or trading with someone else  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:24 am
Fresnel
Bat Weasel
And they are great to use to keep warm too just slap that Pack under your coat and that s**t will keep ya burning for 20 minutes lol.
"Burning" is perhaps more apt than you'd realize. Those packs get HOT. Like, "boil a cup of water on it" hot.

Actually if you know how to layer it well it can be your only way means of survival in cold areas. 3nodding Also I would recommend eating whats in the pack before stuffing it anywhere on your body. By then the heat would die down from Boiling to luke warm  

Bat Weasel

7,300 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Flatterer 200

Bat Weasel

7,300 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:29 am
Recon_Ninja_985
cheese tortellinni is the most edible meal in my opinion

second would be the manicotti

I couldnt bring myself to eat much else, so whenever I didnt get what I wanted I always just dealt with eating the sides or trading with someone else

Lol! True some meals are hard to swallow. And at times the bag makes the meal taste funny. I suppose the Manicotti would over power the smell. xd

Trade ya my M&Ms for your snickers. I don't think I am going anywhere for a while lol  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:56 am
Bat Weasel
Fresnel
Bat Weasel

Actually if you know how to layer it well it can be your only way means of survival in cold areas. 3nodding Also I would recommend eating whats in the pack before stuffing it anywhere on your body. By then the heat would die down from Boiling to luke warm
I'm pretty sure the heat packs are separate units. You have to tear them open and pour water in them to activate them, and then they get Sterno-hot really damn fast. These ain't your momma's glove warmers.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Bat Weasel

7,300 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:20 am
Fresnel
Bat Weasel
Fresnel
Bat Weasel

I'm pretty sure the heat packs are separate units. You have to tear them open and pour water in them to activate them, and then they get Sterno-hot really damn fast. These ain't your momma's glove warmers.
lol.

Well I did say "Burning" That would be a hint that it would not be a good idea unless you're really desperate for heat. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:35 am
Bat Weasel
Fresnel
Bat Weasel
Fresnel
Bat Weasel

lol.

Well I did say "Burning" That would be a hint that it would not be a good idea unless you're really desperate for heat. sweatdrop
I guess if you have a tent or similar small shelter, it's probably not a bad idea at all to just toss one on the ground in the tent and use it as a space heater. xd  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Bat Weasel

7,300 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:48 am
Fresnel
Bat Weasel
Fresnel
Bat Weasel
Fresnel
Bat Weasel

lol.

I guess if you have a tent or similar small shelter, it's probably not a bad idea at all to just toss one on the ground in the tent and use it as a space heater. xd

That would work rofl
A very inexpensive and edible content space heater. You won't get a better deal than that.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:09 am
Bat Weasel
Fresnel
Bat Weasel
Fresnel
Bat Weasel

lol.

That would work rofl
A very inexpensive and edible content space heater. You won't get a better deal than that.
Also explosives. xd  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Bat Weasel

7,300 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:22 am
Fresnel
Bat Weasel
Fresnel
Bat Weasel
Fresnel
Bat Weasel

lol.

That would work rofl
Also explosives. xd

Ohh god yes! Lets not forget to mention what we can do with the bag whee

^-^ Thermite, Napalm, You name it, it can possible be used with that bag.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:25 am
Bat Weasel
Fresnel
Bat Weasel
Fresnel
Bat Weasel
lol.

That would work rofl
Also explosives. xd

I'm not sure which would be worse for you to have included in a meal... gasoline, or powdered aluminum. In either case though, I don't think it gets hot enough to light either of those substances, and it damn sure doesn't include the ingredients to make them.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Bat Weasel

7,300 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:55 am
Fresnel
Bat Weasel
Fresnel
Bat Weasel
Fresnel
Bat Weasel
lol.

That would work rofl
Also explosives. xd

I'm not sure which would be worse for you to have included in a meal... gasoline, or powdered aluminum. In either case though, I don't think it gets hot enough to light either of those substances, and it damn sure doesn't include the ingredients to make them.

You can make an IED with it. That's Military talk for Road Side Explosive i think.

Anyways you'd need more than just one MRE some matter of fact it would be a rather expensive explosive if anyone was going to make it. Just requires some very very very very old Cooking oil, a bottle of ******* and a ********* and when you twist the ******* tight enough ****** the ****** and watch it *********

Sorry the asterisks are for my safety and others. I do not want to give out a recipe that is considered a Federal Offense and even though the FBI or CIA or whatever organization that fingers suspects I don't want to be one of them and sure as hell don't want to be banned from Gaia for giving out the information. o.o god knows what kids will do these days if they get their hands on one of them and found out how to make one...I tremble at the thought....and I hate it to be on my conscious too. sad  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:05 pm
Bat Weasel
Fresnel
Bat Weasel
Fresnel
Bat Weasel

That would work rofl
Also explosives. xd

You can make an IED with it. That's Military talk for Road Side Explosive i think.
It's an acronym. Improvised Explosive Device. Technically, it's anything that explodes but wasn't made in a factory.

Quote:
Anyways you'd need more than just one MRE some matter of fact it would be a rather expensive explosive if anyone was going to make it. Just requires some very very very very old Cooking oil, a bottle of ******* and a ********* and when you twist the ******* tight enough ****** the ****** and watch it *********

Sorry the asterisks are for my safety and others.
I highly doubt this. If you really cared, you wouldn't have said anything at all.
Quote:
I do not want to give out a recipe that is considered a Federal Offense
Except it's not. First Amendment rights.

Quote:
and even though the FBI or CIA or whatever organization that fingers suspects
FBI, NSA, DHS... not CIA. CIA is strictly external, they only deal with other countries. Legally, that is.
Quote:
I don't want to be one of them and sure as hell don't want to be banned from Gaia for giving out the information.
THAT is legitimate, at least. They can ban you for that, but probably won't. There's maybe two dozen omni-mods at most and barely short of a hundred thousand guilds. You do the math.
Quote:
o.o god knows what kids will do these days if they get their hands on one of them and found out how to make one...I tremble at the thought....and I hate it to be on my conscious too. sad
You know, there's this thing called "Google", and not everyone on the internet has your scruples. Or any scruples. Hell, a copy of TM 21-210 is pretty easy to come by, in print or in PDF, and it's got WAY worse stuff than whatever you were going to post. So does the Anarchist's Handbook and the Poor Man's James Bond, although those are more likely to blow up you then whatever it is you want exploded.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:14 pm
MRE heaters arent strong enough to blow up s**t  
Survival (NOW OPEN)