Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Valkyrie Hatter

7,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:21 pm
First off does anybody here actually own an original M16A1 or XM16E1?

If you do give me an opinion: can the Adams Arms piston conversion for the 20 inch barrel length or an AR15 be used for an M16A1?  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:30 pm
one day I may invest in a transferable M16a1 just for the lower.

I know the ones made by sendra are usually the cheapest

still way too much money

the m16a1 uppers are s**t so you might just wanna get a different one..
the super thin profile barrels are NOT ideal for full auto firing, idk why they even bothered making it full auto if it could barely handle it.

a dedicated piston upper may have a different BCG that wont work with the m16 lower so you might wanna stay away from that (the gas key is replaced by a solid piece and it most likely wont be cut for an m16's FCG)

if you do get one just make sure it's compatible with the m16 BCG because it's stronger and it's cut differently to accommodate the selector and FCG

OR if the BCG that comes with it is already compatible.

your best option is to just go with any DI AR15 upper of your choosing, convert it to piston, and use your M16 bolt carrier group with it.

and save the m16a1 upper to pretty much trash and do magdumps with so you wont have to abuse your good upper  

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:48 pm
another thing you could do is buy a pre 86 registered lightning link and install it on any AR15 of your choosing.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:42 pm
Yes, they can.  

Whence it Flows

Dangerous Elder

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:59 pm
Recon_Ninja_985
if you do get one just make sure it's compatible with the m16 BCG because it's stronger and it's cut differently to accommodate the selector and FCG

The only difference between the piston and DI bolts is the gas key, which can easily be changed out with the use of a hex wrench. Or star driver, I forget which. But yeah, one's got a tube, the other has a flat push plate.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:44 pm
Fresnel
Recon_Ninja_985

The only difference between the piston and DI bolts is the gas key, which can easily be changed out with the use of a hex wrench. Or star driver, I forget which. But yeah, one's got a tube, the other has a flat push plate.
Or just by swapping the whole BCG out.  

Whence it Flows

Dangerous Elder

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:54 pm
Divine Ordos
Fresnel
Recon_Ninja_985

well you cant just do that. it wouldnt work unless it is specifically made to work in an m16

the BCG of an M16 is cut differently than an AR15's BCG

User Image

an m16 BCG will work in an AR15 but not the other way around when you go to put an AR BCG into an m16  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:06 pm
Recon_Ninja_985
Divine Ordos
Fresnel
Recon_Ninja_985

well you cant just do that. it wouldnt work unless it is specifically made to work in an m16

User Image

an m16 BCG will work in an AR15 but not the other way around when you go to put an AR BCG into an m16
You can, however, find full auto BCGs on the civilian market, for not a whole lot more.  

Whence it Flows

Dangerous Elder

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:16 pm
Divine Ordos
Recon_Ninja_985
Divine Ordos
Fresnel
Recon_Ninja_985

User Image

You can, however, find full auto BCGs on the civilian market, for not a whole lot more.
never heard of a full auto BCG. nothing in a BCG makes it F/A. its all in the fire control group.

unless of course you mean it's cut for and treated to handle F/A  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:17 pm
Recon_Ninja_985
Divine Ordos
Recon_Ninja_985
Divine Ordos
Fresnel
Recon_Ninja_985

User Image

never heard of a full auto BCG. nothing in a BCG makes it F/A. its all in the fire control group
Yes, but certain BCGs are made to be used in full auto weapons.  

Whence it Flows

Dangerous Elder

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:18 pm
Divine Ordos
Recon_Ninja_985
Divine Ordos
Recon_Ninja_985
Divine Ordos

User Image

never heard of a full auto BCG. nothing in a BCG makes it F/A. its all in the fire control group
Yes, but certain BCGs are made to be used in full auto weapons.
yup, those are the ones that are cut and heat treated I believe to handle F/A  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:18 pm
Recon_Ninja_985

still way too much money

the super thin profile barrels are NOT ideal for full auto firing, idk why they even bothered making it full auto if it could barely handle it.

a dedicated piston upper may have a different BCG that wont work with the m16 lower so you might wanna stay away from that (the gas key is replaced by a solid piece and it most likely wont be cut for an m16's FCG)

your best option is to just go with any DI AR15 upper of your choosing, convert it to piston, and use your M16 bolt carrier group with it.

and save the m16a1 upper to pretty much trash and do magdumps with so you wont have to abuse your good upper
Know any companies that sell a good A1 style upper? Or possibly a way to just buy a new barrel and replace the old one that smells of carrots and cheap 7.62mm corrossive propellant?

Also the Adams Arms piston conversion isn't an upper. It's a set of parts that fixes inside the DI tube. Might jam up like a HK416 for all I know.  

Valkyrie Hatter

7,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:24 pm
Valkyrie Hatter
Recon_Ninja_985

still way too much money

Anyway to save the grips and just change the barrel? I kind of want to keep the birdcage flash suppressor.

Also the Adams Arms piston conversion isn't an upper. It's a set of parts that fixes inside the DI tube. Might jam up like a HK416 for all I know.
to my knowledge it's not a birdcage. it's the 3 prong "weedgrabber" flash hider

i'd do alot of research of how to refit a barrel, and you're going to need the barrel wrench and all necessary tools for getting off the gas tube and all that junk.

you wont be able to re use the triangular handguard retainer as it only fit on the thin barrel, youll need to buy one that fits on the govt profile, hbar or whichever barrel you decide to get and the handguards should work with that.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:33 pm
Recon_Ninja_985
Valkyrie Hatter
Recon_Ninja_985

still way too much money

Anyway to save the grips and just change the barrel? I kind of want to keep the birdcage flash suppressor.

i'd do alot of research of how to refit a barrel, and you're going to need the barrel wrench and all necessary tools for getting off the gas tube and all that junk.

you wont be able to re use the triangular handguard retainer as it only fit on the thin barrel, youll need to buy one that fits on the govt profile, hbar or whichever barrel you decide to get and the handguards should work with that.
la France makes custom uppers in short configurations which is what I want so ill get them to make me my very own m16k with a heavy barrel. Call me a kid but I'm a fan of sbrs.  

Valkyrie Hatter

7,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100

Valkyrie Hatter

7,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:49 pm
Recon_Ninja_985
Valkyrie Hatter
Recon_Ninja_985

still way too much money

la France makes custom uppers in short configurations which is what I want so ill get them to make me my very own m16k with a heavy barrel. Call me a kid but I'm a fan of sbrs.  
Q&A (Are YOU using this?)

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff