Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
I was wondering...................... Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

AccentualWolf

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 12:17 pm
I recently joined up to this guild and I was hoping to find others who do macrme`or chinese knotting. I have done all kinds of Jewelry and I hoping to get my scanner fixed and get pics up soon. I was wondering what do you guys think about this craft??  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 1:12 pm
I've been tempted once or twice by macrame, I've never actually gotten around to trying it. sweatdrop I think it's awesome though! I found this book that my mom had in the 70s with instructions, but I think I've misplaced it. I would love to see pictures though, maybe it'll give me proper motivation to start.  

curli

AccentualWolf

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 1:56 pm
I try to get something up soon. I'm just dying to show off some of my necklaces.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 2:30 pm
it sounds cool as,
but I have to say that I don't know anything about it  

I be me
Vice Captain

Moira Nazumi

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 10:34 pm
macrame has been something I've wanted to get into, especially for the plant hangers....but the cost seems pretty high. The one store I can find the right materials at, it's like 8 dollars a skein. sweatdrop And one doesn't seem to be enough.

So I guess my suggestion is check around and see if you can get supplies, they are getting few and far between it seems.

That said I still want to try it some day. I've done small projects years ago and I like the rythem, it can be very relaxing yet takes some thought.

Good luck smile  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 9:26 am
i make friendship bracelets which is kinda like macrame((spelling?)) its fun 3nodding  

Torisami

curli

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 5:17 pm
Torisami
i make friendship bracelets which is kinda like macrame((spelling?)) its fun 3nodding
Yeah, I guess making bracelets like that would be sort of like macrame. You're right though, they are a bunch of fun. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 3:09 pm
one time i tried to make a purse with macrame, i never finished though.....where did i put it...?  

Torisami

KariudoMegami

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 5:04 am
I've tried a little bit of macrame. Key word being little. sweatdrop It was ok, but I didn't get hooked on it or nething.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 9:08 pm
rawr.. I knot in the Chinese fashion..
sometimes.
when i'm feeling saucy, i'll even go as far as doing it with wire! surprised i am such a rebel..
but it's mostly because i can never find the right kind of string.. -__-

macrame's a semi-familiar craft as well.  

Progidus

Halliann

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 5:18 pm
I'd like to try that. Next time I visit the library I'll sign out a book on it and pick up some thread and stuff on my way home.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 1:27 am
Halliann
I'd like to try that. Next time I visit the library I'll sign out a book on it and pick up some thread and stuff on my way home.
Yay!
I am not the only geek who likes the library!  

I be me
Vice Captain

Dances with Squirrels

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 9:52 pm
I wanted to try the Chinese knotting, but so far I've stuck with plain ol' macrame. My mom taught me, from when she used to do it in college. I swear, every single crafty thing I know how to do, I learnt from her.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 1:02 pm
Dances with Squirrels
I wanted to try the Chinese knotting, but so far I've stuck with plain ol' macrame. My mom taught me, from when she used to do it in college. I swear, every single crafty thing I know how to do, I learnt from her.
cool! I was introduced into sewing by my mom, but it's my sister that showed me most of the crafty things I love. Then it's Maggie the costume maker that taught me most of the things I know about stage costumes. Man, I love the people surrounding me! 4laugh  

curli

fashionista468

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 5:00 pm
AccentualWolf
I recently joined up to this guild and I was hoping to find others who do macrme`or chinese knotting. I have done all kinds of Jewelry and I hoping to get my scanner fixed and get pics up soon. I was wondering what do you guys think about this craft??

i would like to do macrme, but for now i am just knitting  
Craftin'

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces