Gun related crime

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Das Rabble Rouser

Invisible Phantom

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:37 pm
So according to an anti gun movement in Portland 34 people die from guns every day. According to portlandcrime.com 19 weapon related crimes have been committed over the last 30 days. So either every other day someone is snapping and killing about 50 people, a lot of these crimes are going unreported, or the anti gun movement is spewing a lot of bullshit. I'm pretty sure we can all agree on which one is most likely.

This is why I like living in small towns. Where I live 3 people have died from guns in the last 15 years in this town. I'm not sure about other weapon related crimes, but as far as murders go you don't have to worry about s**t out here.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:26 am
I love how they leave out how many of those deaths were suicides and perps that have been shot by police or by a civilian in self defense.

anything that helps their agenda they'll feel free to add to and leave out whatever useful info there is until they have everyone dumbed down enough to convince them that the gun is the problem.

I think they do see the truth, but that would interfere with their plans...so they make sure to leave out every important detail and hope that nobody else finds out.  

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:11 am
Recon_Ninja_985
they make sure to leave out every important detail and hope that nobody else finds out.
Have you ever tried that in the ED? Seriously, s**t's EFFECTIVE. 85% of the time, nobody calls you on it. 99%, nobody calls you on it twice. I've based entire arguments around it and won. Don't overdo it though, only leave out one or two details, no more.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:55 pm
Recon_Ninja_985
I love how they leave out how many of those deaths were suicides and perps that have been shot by police or by a civilian in self defense.

anything that helps their agenda they'll feel free to add to and leave out whatever useful info there is until they have everyone dumbed down enough to convince them that the gun is the problem.

I think they do see the truth, but that would interfere with their plans...so they make sure to leave out every important detail and hope that nobody else finds out.
If I'm not mistaken suicide is considered a crime so suicide should be considered in that 19 gun crimes in the past 30 days.

Still that's one crime every day and a half which is a lot less than I would have been expecting for Portland but more importantly is a lot less than the statistic indicates unless each crime killed about 50 people.  

Das Rabble Rouser

Invisible Phantom

AINGELPROJECT667

Shy Lunatic

5,550 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Trader 100
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:21 pm
All right, listen up, because I've got some info that can wipe the smug grins right off those Anti-gun fanatics' faces.

I live in Georgia, and we have a city down here called Kennesaw. You may have heard of it, considering it's the site of Kennesaw Mountain National Battlefield, but that's irrelevant. What is relevant is it's gun laws. Back in 1982, they made a law that requires every head of the household in Kennesaw to own at least one handgun and ammunition for the defense of their home. Here's the kicker: Over the next two years, Kennesaw's annual burglary rate dropped more than EIGHTY PERCENT.

How do you like dem apples?  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:38 pm
AINGELPROJECT667
All right, listen up, because I've got some info that can wipe the smug grins right off those Anti-gun fanatics' faces.

I live in Georgia, and we have a city down here called Kennesaw. You may have heard of it, considering it's the site of Kennesaw Mountain National Battlefield, but that's irrelevant. What is relevant is it's gun laws. Back in 1982, they made a law that requires every head of the household in Kennesaw to own at least one handgun and ammunition for the defense of their home. Here's the kicker: Over the next two years, Kennesaw's annual burglary rate dropped more than EIGHTY PERCENT.

And in Switzerland when you turn 18 you join the national militia or something. After you complete your service you get to keep your rifle. Same concept.  

Das Rabble Rouser

Invisible Phantom

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:30 pm
Das Rabble Rouser
AINGELPROJECT667

And in Switzerland when you turn 18 you join the national militia or something. After you complete your service you get to keep your rifle. Same concept.
Unfortunately, Switzerland has not so much gun control, but ammo control is tight.  
Gaia Gun Enthusiasts

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games