Reply Sacred Sources -The Outer Forum -
Pagan or not? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

x__CrimsonRegret

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 4:04 am
I was watching "How clean is your house" last night, and they had this one woman who I found most interesting. She was kind of pale, had long red hair and a green shirt that gave her a very Earthy vibe. I'm not sure if they had said anything about it (only caught the last 10 minutes) but I was convinced she was a Pagan or Wiccan. When she spoke about a ghost that she no longer felt a vibe from once the house is clean, I was sure she was. And then I noticed dream catchers spread through the home. So yes, I'm sure that woman was Pagan/Wiccan.

In any case, here we'll discuss people you see on television (well known or not) whom you think is a Pagan, Wiccan, or something that's definately keeping you from thinking they're something else!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 4:07 am
And since we're on the subject of it, the two women on "How Clean is your House".. The ones that actually host the show. I've noticed how in nearly every episode there's some sort of Occult mentioning. Such as when they dressed up as witches, or went to a pyschic.

The one with the light blonde hair really gives me an odd vibe that she's a Pagan. As for the shorter one (I forget their names, sorry) I get a vibe from her, as well. It just something that never clicked untill I saw the Earty woman mentioned in the first post 3nodding

x__CrimsonRegret

Jameta
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 3:44 pm
She may have just been one of those really Earthy, Hippie-like people. *shrugs*

The only person in the media I can accurately say is a Pagan is one of the stars of The Craft; she played the girl with short, black hair and a few piercings... I don't feel like getting out of my chair and looking up her name, though. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 5:01 pm
Jameta

The only person in the media I can accurately say is a Pagan is one of the stars of The Craft; she played the girl with short, black hair and a few piercings... I don't feel like getting out of my chair and looking up her name, though. sweatdrop

You mean the movie with all the witches and stuff?
Everytime I mention that movie at least 5 people jump on me saying it was "completely innaccurate" and a "fluff fest".

Really, I found alot (if not some) of it accurate.

I loved the movie though. I remember when the one girl (the newest one in the coven or something) went to the shop lady, and the lady lit one candle and they all lit up.

At a young age that amused me greatly razz

x__CrimsonRegret

Jameta
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 6:15 am
x__CrimsonRegret
Jameta

Everytime I mention that movie at least 5 people jump on me saying it was "completely innaccurate" and a "fluff fest".

I loved the movie though. I remember when the one girl (the newest one in the coven or something) went to the shop lady, and the lady lit one candle and they all lit up.

Yep, that one. I own The Craft on DVD, so I'm able to watch stuff like 'The Making of the Movie', and they did have a real Wiccan priestess on hand... couldn't tell you her path off the top of my hand. sweatdrop Except for changing the names and associations of some things (like in the circle, I've found the poers they associate the elements with are off with most of the towers), as well as the special effects part, it is very accurate of what happens when anyone still learning gets a taste of major power, be it in the form of religion or otherwise. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 1:15 pm
x__CrimsonRegret
Jameta

see what bothers me about people calling it stuff like a fluff fest and stuff is that the plane and simple fact is it is a movie over all else. it was made to entertain and not to " teach wicca" or something.

but on to the matter at hand. has any one listened to Otep? I think she is more then likely Pagan of some sort.  

wicked_hat

x__CrimsonRegret

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 1:17 pm
Violent_D
x__CrimsonRegret
Jameta

see what bothers me about people calling it stuff like a fluff fest and stuff is that the plane and simple fact is it is a movie over all else. it was made to entertain and not to " teach wicca" or something.

but on to the matter at hand. has any one listened to Otep? I think she is more then likely Pagan of some sort.

My friend was telling me about her today.. she said that's what she thought..  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 4:54 pm
Who's Otep?  

Atma311
Crew

4,350 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Conversationalist 100

x__CrimsonRegret

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 4:58 pm
Atma311
Who's Otep?

A band/singer I guess.. she said someone stole her Otep CD..  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 5:19 pm
Jameta
x__CrimsonRegret
Jameta

Yep, that one. I own The Craft on DVD, so I'm able to watch stuff like 'The Making of the Movie', and they did have a real Wiccan priestess on hand... couldn't tell you her path off the top of my hand. sweatdrop Except for changing the names and associations of some things (like in the circle, I've found the poers they associate the elements with are off with most of the towers), as well as the special effects part, it is very accurate of what happens when anyone still learning gets a taste of major power, be it in the form of religion or otherwise. 3nodding
Yeah, but when do we get to learn levitation spells?! LMAO

I feel The Craft put more negative light on Wicca than positive though. Sure, it gave wiccans publicity, but I feel it would have been better had it been accurately portrayed.  

blukattt
Crew

x__CrimsonRegret

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 5:37 pm
blukattt
Jameta
x__CrimsonRegret
Jameta

I feel The Craft put more negative light on Wicca than positive though. Sure, it gave wiccans publicity, but I feel it would have been better had it been accurately portrayed.

We had 5 people and lifted up my 170+ pound friend using just 2 fingers and chanting the "Light as a feather stiff as a board". And we tried doing it without chanting, to no avail. So I'm convinced.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 6:03 pm
x__CrimsonRegret
blukattt

We had 5 people and lifted up my 170+ pound friend using just 2 fingers and chanting the "Light as a feather stiff as a board". And we tried doing it without chanting, to no avail. So I'm convinced.
Yeah, I know of that one, but I was talking about the end part where the others go after the main character, and all three start floating up. wink  

blukattt
Crew

x__CrimsonRegret

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 6:08 pm
blukattt
x__CrimsonRegret
blukattt

Yeah, I know of that one, but I was talking about the end part where the others go after the main character, and all three start floating up. wink

I like when the onme girl tried to stab the other girl (IMSOSPECIFICLOLZ) and she just disappeared, and her clothes stayed there.. I was like I WANT MAGICAL NAKEY POWERS sad  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 6:16 pm
x__CrimsonRegret
blukattt
x__CrimsonRegret
blukattt

I like when the onme girl tried to stab the other girl (IMSOSPECIFICLOLZ) and she just disappeared, and her clothes stayed there.. I was like I WANT MAGICAL NAKEY POWERS sad
Same here! LOL xd  

blukattt
Crew

QueenCrystal

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 7:12 pm
I'm not Pagan or Wiccan, but Which religion has more to do with being pure and nature?

Btw, I do love the dream catchers, that I do. :3

Sacred Sources -The Outer Forum -

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces