Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Gaia Gun Enthusiasts
Why do you need a gun? Do you expect to be robbed?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:13 am
More copypasta from /k/. GREAT story, though:

Quote:
As my girlfriend and I slept in peace...

The sound of gun fire and glass breaking registers into my ears and i explode out of my bed. Immediately my brain re-acts to what is going on and I grab my pistol (Springfield XD-9) off the nightstand. Pitch blackness... Gun ready I run out into the hallway and witness somebody violently entering my window gun in hand. My body takes over and begins to fire towards a man running through my living room shooting. I fire as fast as possible, but he is still charging me like a bull. At this point I'm thinking "Why isn't he going down?" I retreat into the bedroom and take cover waiting for him to come in. It never happens. I peek into the hallway and there he is face down on the carpet. With the grace of god he was hit. He lay screaming "kill me" while attempting to reload his weapon. I decided to wrestle the gun away. 3 minutes later PD arrives on scene (girlfriend phoned 911) and EMS transported the BG to ryder trauma with 6 gunshot wounds.

Due to the immediate response and top notch medical team the guy survived!!!! From time of injury to surgery in <30 minutes!

Regardless... BG is in custody facing 4 felonies and I am scratch free. Bullet holes on both sides of the concrete hallway in which I was using as cover.

I had my Springfield loaded with 16 rounds of Federal 9mm "Hydra-Shok" personal defensive ammo, one in the chamber for just such a situation. The guy ran through the first five shots like they were spit balls. Only reason he finally went down is because one hit him in the left femur shattering it into dust. CSI teams says I fired 14 shots.

BG Injury report: GSW to the neck, right shoulder, stomach, left lower abdomen, groin, left femur, graze to wrist and lacerations on hands from glass. Pulmonary embolism and chronic infections while he waits the trial.

Turns out the guy was my girlfriends ex-husband who had been stalking her and after receiving news she was staying at my apartment, he got drunk and came over for a double murder suicide. He never got to the bed room where she was and he didn't get his "death wish."

SIDENOTES: He tried to shoot the door locks off and was unsuccessful... then he went and shot through the window.
Good thing he announced himself and didn't kick in the door. He would have had the jump on me.

*First shot grazed his trigger hand and damaged the base of his glock .40 cal causing the magazine to fall out. He didn't even realize and while running towards me pulling the trigger the only round he had left was in the chamber. (thanks god)

All I have to say is be careful who you date... they most likely have baggage and by baggage I mean a psycho loser ex-husband.

There was a female neighbor sleeping right on the other side of the wall where one of the rounds hit. She said it "shook the apartment!" Luckily the dividing walls are solid concrete and did a great job in stopping any penetration. From what I heard the whole building called 911 at 02:13am and said it sounded like a war was going on at the 3rd floor. One guy even opened their door and saw the BG shooting. Crazy!

Both my girlfriend and I were taken to the PD station for statements and the apartment was worked by CSI for 12 hours. They confiscated my 9mm pistol until the trial is over. The cops were really cool and said they would have done the same exact thing. They even roped off the downstairs to get the news camera's away. Turns out it still made the news "A paramedic was shot in a domestic dispute early sunday morning." Idiots.

I bought my first "Gun" (the Springfield) 3 weeks before this incident as a Christmas present to myself. Turns out It was the best gift I have ever received.

When retreating into the bedroom I knew I was almost out of ammo and expected round 2 any second. Turns out the spare magazine was locked away and I was trembling to the fact i might only have one round left in the gun.

When asked at the interview after the incident "How many times do you think you fired," I answered "I think between 4 and 8..."

Boy was I off... My original thought that I was almost empty was correct! Had only 2 rounds left.

Why do you need a gun? Because you just never know.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:13 pm
So he tried shooting off the lock and that failed so he tried shooting out a window.

Sounded like a war zone on the 3rd floor of the apartment complex.

This seems odd to me.
1. He could have tried shooting out a window on the door and unlocking it from the inside. I've NEVER seen an apartment with a window in it though. It's always been all wood/metal and a peep hole.

2. He could have tried shooting out a window in the wall and climbing through the window, but how many apartment doors have a window right next to it? Once again I have never seen this happen.

3. He could have tried entering the window of another room. On the ground floor this would make sense, but on the 3rd floor right below the window is usually a drop straight down unless he tried shooting the lock off, then went down stairs, found the fire escape, climbed up it, and shot out the back window. This seems least likely of all since the shots to open the lock would have gotten the guy plenty of attention before he had a chance to get to the back window.

Any other ideas?  

Das Rabble Rouser

Invisible Phantom

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:41 pm
Das Rabble Rouser
So he tried shooting off the lock and that failed so he tried shooting out a window.

Sounded like a war zone on the 3rd floor of the apartment complex.

This seems odd to me.
1. He could have tried shooting out a window on the door and unlocking it from the inside. I've NEVER seen an apartment with a window in it though. It's always been all wood/metal and a peep hole.

2. He could have tried shooting out a window in the wall and climbing through the window, but how many apartment doors have a window right next to it? Once again I have never seen this happen.

3. He could have tried entering the window of another room. On the ground floor this would make sense, but on the 3rd floor right below the window is usually a drop straight down unless he tried shooting the lock off, then went down stairs, found the fire escape, climbed up it, and shot out the back window. This seems least likely of all since the shots to open the lock would have gotten the guy plenty of attention before he had a chance to get to the back window.

Any other ideas?
I think the window was next to the door. I've seen apartments like that before.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:43 pm
Fresnel
That's what I was thinking too, but I have never seen an apartment like that.  

Das Rabble Rouser

Invisible Phantom

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:57 pm
Das Rabble Rouser
Fresnel
That's what I was thinking too, but I have never seen an apartment like that.
Here's the link to the story:

http://archive.no-ip.org/k/thread/9382053

The thumbnailed images are all you get, any attempt to open a fullsize gets you a "no hotlinking" image. But it appears to show the entry point window, and the walkway on the other side.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:01 pm
Ah ok  

Das Rabble Rouser

Invisible Phantom

Gaia Gun Enthusiasts

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out