Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:00 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Mio sighed as she reclined near what could constitute as a throne. It was a cleared out area with a stone nearby, and some flowers that Mio did her best to cultivate. It was hard growing flowers when you didn't know much about them, and paws didn't work very well in being tender with them. She let her eyes wander over their beauty as she tried to not let herself get too upset at her daughter.

The pain was coming from the fact that it was a little too close to home for Mio. She hadn't had much of a choice, being with Zahi, but she had made it work. Even when her past finally caught up with her, she had decided to be with Zahi, as painful as it had been.

Ria had a choice, in a way. She was the one who had approved Alizeti, and helped to bring him back to the pride's lands. Sure, he was pretty low on the class scale in the Mwezi'Johari, but it was the connection to an outside pride that had been more important to Zahi and Mio than just his class. Still, as soon as they had returned it seemed like Ria was trying to change her mind, but it was too late to do that.

With another sigh, the Lady of the House hoped that her daughter wouldn't be gone for too long. She didn't want to have to send the royal guards after her.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:10 pm
User Image

Fuu had a plan, now, something to do. Even if it was as simple as relaying a message, it was more than he'd been doing before and he was OK with that. He figured he could use it as an opportunity to chat about everything that had been going on, it would be less nosy seeming if he had a reason to start a conversation about it.. right?

He hadn't seen his father on his walk inward but he recognized the form of his mother from a distance. He wondered where exactly Zahi had gone, though he assumed it was best he wasn't around if he was cranky, too.

"Mother," he called when he was close enough to be heard. He might have been spotted but he figured it would be polite to speak first.

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:21 pm
Her mind wandering with thoughts, it took her a moment to recognize him. Mainly because....so much of their family looked alike. She smiled on that thought. "Oh, Chao," she said with a smile. "My little Fuu. Please, come here."

She shifted over so that he could come rest near her. Mio was always one that never followed tradition, or at least to a T. She wanted to make sure that her children knew that she loved them, and didn't need to act completely proper in front of her when they were alone, or just them s family.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:31 pm
He always liked sitting with his mother, though he thought chatting about what was going on might make it a little less pleasant than normal. Still, he smiled and took a seat by her side.

"I heard there was an argument 'round here earlier," he said casually, though he clearly knew more than what he indicated. He would have preferred a more optimistic 'how are you' but this was probably the main thing going on right now. It didn't seem that she was simply relaxing here by herself.

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:38 pm
Mio sighed. "Ria has always had a big mouth. I wish she would put it to bigger use than trying to kill my eardrums." The Lady shifted a bit, feeling agitated which made it hard to feel comfortable. "She was the one who had decided on Alizeti, and here she is trying to act like she had no choice in the matter!"

Mio's tail twitched, feeling irritated as she reflected on her earlier thoughts. Really, the girl needed a swift kick, but it was a pity that Akasha was a little too loose in the head to assign that task too. Akasha wouldn't quite know where to stop, unless her son oversaw her.

"Anyway, I just wish that she would get married to him already. We haven't had a marriage in the House for a while too. I think everyone would enjoy a time of celebration rather than just working."

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:52 pm
Fuu frowned. It was one thing when Ria was upset but it was another thing entirely when Mio was upset. Perhaps it would depend on who he was around but if he had to pick a side he would have picked his mother and, by association, his father. He had sympathy for Ria but this was how things were.

"I ran into her on my way back from my walk, she asked me to tell you she's sorry," he said, "And that she'll be back by sunset."

He was quiet for a moment after that, thinking about what Mio said. A celebration would liven things up around here a bit.

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:59 pm
Mio rubbed her forepaw over the other one, not feeling very comforted by the words that Fuu relayed. She understood that he was just being a good brother to Ria. "Thank you," Mio answered. "I hope her words turn into actions soon."

A moment passed, and she started to feel herself relaxing a bit. "Well, how have you been. Chao?"

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:09 pm
"Can't complain," he said with a small shrug, "Trying to keep busy but there's not much to do when you don't have anything to do."

He wrinkled his nose as he thought about what he'd just said. It was a little odd sounding but it was basically right. He didn't really have a job so he didn't have anything he was supposed to be doing. Of course, he could take a job if he wanted but it seemed everybody was a little shy of stepping up and making things change around here.

"How about you?" he added, glancing over to Mio. Stress was obvious but hopefully there was something more pleasant in her life than dealing with two of the crankiest lions in the house.

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:20 pm
"Oh?" Mio asked with a smirk on her face. "You could go train with the Royal Guard if you really are that bored..." She didn't think that he actually would, but still, it was an amusing prospect. And it would give him something to do!

"I've been better," Mio admitted. "I think once this mess between Alizeti and your sister is done your father and I can retire in a way. Running a house is a lot of work, and I think that'll be the best way for Ria to grow up."

Hm, well. Maybe she herself was saying too much, but it was Fuu, and not the temperamental Zahi.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:41 pm
Hmmm. Fuu wasn't so sure he'd do any good with the royal guard but it was something to think about if he got bored enough. Sometimes he just liked to talk and plan but not everything came into being.

"That'd be nice," he said thoughtfully, though quickly added on, "Well, you getting to take it easy. I think by the time it is done, you'll need a break."

It was serious but a bit of a joke, too, and he couldn't help but smile. Ria had to be almost there, she'd been a part of the preparations and everything, maybe she just needed one last struggle to show she could before giving in.

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:03 pm
Mio sighed. As she had aged, mentally and literally, she had started to grow a bit of a humorous side around her offspring. "Well, unless I decide to push her off of a cliff and marry Alizeti to one of your other sister," she said with a laugh. "Oh, that girl has been nothing but trouble since she was young, but trust me when I say that you'd always want her on your side of a fight."

Mio nodded her head a few times, letting that last sentence linger in the air. "She's never been the type to back down. I just hope I don't have to flex the power of the House to get her to finally settle down."

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:29 pm
Fuu chuckled at the idea of pushing Ria off a cliff. it was a dangerous sort of joke that really only Mio could make, but he could appreciate it.

"I don't think it'll come to that," he said, still smiling, "The cliff or forcing her. She knows what she's got to do, maybe it just makes her feel better to make a big fuss about it while she can."

Whether or not it was true, it was a nice thought. And probably one of the few keeping them from actually making her settle down.

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:40 pm
"True," Mio said. "Just don't forget that there are a lot of females out there that like to do this sort of thing. I hope that you don't have to go through that once you find yourself in a situation with a female."

All of her children were potentially fodder for arraigned marriages, but Mio personally hoped that it was something she didn't need to do often. She liked the fact that some of them may be able to find mates on their own.

User Image  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:49 pm
"Let's hope not," he said, his smile becoming slightly more serious for a moment but he was still fairly easy-going about it, "I'd like to think if it did happen, I'd handle it as well as Alizeti has been. How's the poor guy doing?"

Well, maybe he shouldn't have called him 'the poor guy' but he was dragged away from home for this and now he got to be that awkward lion that the heiress was supposed to marry but was vehemently denying for the time being.

If anybody deserved sympathy, maybe it was him.

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:55 pm
"He's doing pretty well," she said with a nod. "I think a lot of that is because he comes from a lower class, so dealing with those...well, 'us' in the upper class isn't quite as overwhelming as it could be."

And he was related to the queen over at the Mwezi'Johari. That could easily be part of it.

"Maybe you could see for yourself? I'm certain that only having your father as company isn't the best for him," she said with a smirk.

[IC] Tianxia Lands [IC]

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff