Welcome to Gaia! ::

1x1 H E A V E N

Back to Guilds

A meetup guild for 1x1 roleplayers. 

Tags: 1x1 rp, partner, search, roleplaying, roleplays 

Reply The Main Hall -- Search threads go here!
Give me your ear, I'll spin you a tale. (Veteran RPer here!) Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

So, what do you think?
  Interested! Sending a PM!
  Not interested, leaving thread.
  Semi-interested, posting with comment.
View Results

Hyeo

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:00 pm
Simply call me "Hyeo," if you would be so kind.
I'm "21+", and would prefer to play with people in the same age range. Older is fine, lower (particularly below 18,) you need to have a great plot.
US Pacific Time Zone, but my sleeping habits are so bizarre that this shouldn't be a problem. Simply assume I'm always awake.
I post constantly and immediately when I get a response, so long as the prior post gives me a good amount to go off. I do have my "burnt out" spells like anyone else, however, but I will warn you when i feel these slumps coming on.
I'm an Advanced Literate roleplayer in respect to grammar, spelling, and punctuation, but I won't snap at you or look down on you for making mistakes.
I'm not a "giant wall of text" roleplayer. I usually do 4 to 5 bulky paragraphs in my introductory post, and this (understandably) whittles down as we progress.
I've been roleplaying for ten years now, and have no intentions of stopping any time soon.
I tend to research RPs only when its something I have no knowledge of, or will require specifics. If you'd like me to research, simply tell me so.
Genres...? Um... Any? Fantasy, modern, mystery, thriller, sci-fi, adventure, "slice-of-life," historical pieces... Any genre is great with the right plot!
Genres I don't enjoy... I'll just say that any genre can also be awful with the right plot.
I don't do "Fandoms." If you're a fan of a series, we can both us OC's in that series' world, but not cannon characters.
I RP through PMs
I play hetero sexual males. Period. Their personalities can vary to any degree imaginable, and I can play non-main characters as other genders or sexualities. I tend not to "double," but "Static/NPC/Insulary" characters are good.
Sample: (Not my best! I'm sorry...)

Quote:
Cathal's boots sounded far more hollow than usual as he set them upon the lighter wood this foreign land built their docks from. He'd hardly left his small vessel and already he stood out- here, the men wore their hair cropped close, and their clothing was of simple design and drab colors- browns and greys seemed exceptionally popular. His home-spun indigo shirt, sheen catching in the sun from its fine material, marked his as a foreigner already, and his loose-fitting green leggings did him no better. The wind caught his hair as he strode toward the city, a single tightly-wound braid that reached down between his shoulder blades, a deep natural brown with the slightest copper shine in the sun. His eyes scanned the unknown behaviors and devices around him as his sharp features quizically contorted- Several of the oddities these people used as tools had never been witnessed by his twin emerald irises before. He noted that none of these men wore a blade at their hip as he did- though the blade he wore was shorter and had a slight curve compared to any these folks had ever born. A crowd slowly gathered around him as he touched down from the docks, enticed by the unknown nature of this strangely garbed man. He lifted his right palm, focusing slowly upon it. A tiny-but-dazzling fit of orange light played across it after a moment, and slowly shaped itself into a vague arrow leading to the center of town. Many of the crowd left then, murmuring what they would about 'another damned magician taking up space in our hard-working society,' though a few entertained adults and more than a few dazzled children remained. It was to the latter he turned, hunkering down into a squat to speak on their level. "Hello, child." His voice was civil, practiced honey to the ear but with the calm ease of one who knew they could work they way from danger. "Your shores here seem strange to me, and I fear I can't find my way. Might you direct me to your magic-using peoples? I do believe they can answer what I seek."

A short walk later, Cathal was convinced the child had taken him for a fool. He stood outside of a tavern upon their direction, the noises of which rang loudly into the street, even during the mid-day. He stepped inside, taking the first free seat and looking around. There did seem to be a few of the most minor practisioners of his art here- performing the most basic of tricks for coin, and not making much of a living doing it if his observations were correct. Before he realized it, a rather energetic serving woman was at his table, her boisterous voice cawing into his ear like a crow demanding scraps. "What c'n I get for ya, foreigner?" Cathal reeled about to face her, caught off his guard. "Well... Bread and soup I suppose. And a summer-wine, that would be pleasant. Strawberry, if you have any." When the woman didn't leave his table, he was certain he'd said something wrong, but all at once the fact that she was waiting for payment struck him. He reached into his doublet, extracting a single thumbnail-sized gold coin and placing it onto the table. "Will that cover it?" For the briefest of moments, the coin's true value played across her face, but practiced ways quickly blanked it out and she departed with a shrug. When she had left, he opened his palm to the sky again, causing the vague orange indicator to form once more and noting the direction it pointed.

His meal arrived shortly, and he proceeded straight into the soup- and found his face coiling in disgust. The tastes here clearly weren't one with his, or in a more likely case, this soup was terrible. He waved his hand over it, a faint blue dust-like glow falling from it into the bowl. He tried tasting it once again, the spell should have changed its taste to what he had in mind originally- and yet, it didn't. The awful taste had been lessened a bit, but not changed entirely as it should have. Perplexed, he stared into the bowl, searching for some hidden rune that would suggest his magic would be rejected, but he found no such thing. Mildly panicked, he turned his gaze to the candle at the end of his table. It was extinguished, as it should be in these daylight hours, but perfect for his needs. He focused on the wick, thinking again and again of igniting, letting his will and energies upon the spot-
But not a spark.. The candle remained inert. Cathal rose from his chair and quickly set about the tavern, searching the walls and floor like a madman, convinced that this building must have some sort of warding that was blocking his talents.

I'm best at coming up with a plot once we've established a genre/setting.
Currently craved plots:
-Modern treasure hunters
-Nearly-modern militaristic drama
-Damn near any good "medieval" plot. I'm what people call a "Classic" nerd, D&D and the like, and a good sword-and-sorcery (or in my more often case, ancient guile and subterfuge) story always gets my mind going!

I do not decorate posts. You can if you enjoy it, but I find it unnecessary.
I don't do profiles either. I give in-depth descriptions and notes in my posts. If you NEED profiles, they can be arranged.

If you're interested, please send me a PM. No specific title necessary.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:40 am
Exciting story alert!
So, this is an idea based on one of my old D&D characters, yes yes I am a gamer, moving on. I've been trying to run it for years, but have had no such luck so far.
If you run it, and run it well (and it is intended to be a fairly long-term one at that, with a lengthy and mysterious plot that unravels one step at a time!) I will freaking love you forever.
Basic summary: Medieval Witch-Hunter RP

Advanced Plot Description:

Most of civilization no longer believe in the things that go bump in the night, they've convinced themselves that such stories are nothing more than tales to scare children into behaving. For the most part, their notion is correct. Goblins are a work of fiction, vampires just the stuff of nightmares, corpses don't rise from the grave, and witches are just a myth-
At least that is the belief. In the fringes of society, hidden away behind secrets, magic, and lies, the dark and mystical practices go on, unnoticed by the world above. Nowhere else in the world has magic ever existed, and by no other hand has so much blood been shed. Children are taken from their homes in the night, replaced with spells of illusions and turned into a meal for the gnarled and twisted she-beasts. Only the reflection of such a creature in fine steel reveals their true shape, and those who know that secret are far and few between.

Just as witches lurk in shadows, so too do those who seek to end their dark reign. Under the guise of hunters, adventurers, and mercenaries, a chosen few wield the tools necessary to seek and slay the craven forces. Cillian Ingrahm is one of such hunters, working in secrecy to rid the world of this evil from the veil of a traveling cartographer, knowing his true identity would see him cast from regular society as if he were deranged. He's currently tracking down the heiress of an ancient witch's bloodline, though the girl seems to have no signs of practicing such arts.

Slowly, the lass in question comes to be his apprentice, learning the ways of witch-hunting as the two of them explore her past further, slowly unlocking the dark destiny her kind has set forth for her...  

Hyeo

MeMe SweetHeart

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:31 am
I am searching for a partner I just joined yesterday. I haven't had a plot like this but I am willing to try if given the chance. I am 19 I can do 3 to 4 paragraphs at a time and I try to stay as correct as possible when it comes to grammar.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:36 am
Alrighty, send me a PM and we can hash out the details 3nodding  

Hyeo

Hyeo

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:38 pm
Oh dear, I'd fallen from the first page! How terrible!
Well, no longer! Bwahahaha! pirate  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:12 pm
Tisk, tisk, fallen from the first page again? How unacceptable.
Lets see, anyone who's reading this far down, I'd like to mention that I'm currently feeling something... Assassin-y. Either ninja (no, not Naruto, I mean realistic) or medieval, perhaps Assassin x Client or the ever-popular Assassin x Target.  

Hyeo

Hyeo

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:18 pm
And another bump, as I'd nearly fallen onto page three.
Discouraging, but a rather nice sign of the guild's growth.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:24 pm
Hyeo
Lets see, anyone who's reading this far down, I'd like to mention that I'm currently feeling something... Assassin-y. Either ninja (no, not Naruto, I mean realistic) or medieval, perhaps Assassin x Client or the ever-popular Assassin x Target.

Oh why hello there~

On terms of literacy...I tend to post what I am given but I know for certain I can post at least two paragraphs...
But, if you see one of my rps and you don't see that many: It's because I wasn't given much to work with.

Now, I abosultely, positvely, LOVE assassin rps. I never get to do them enough because they always die on me. {Which makes me quite depressed}.

Do you currently have any type of plot set up~?  

Katiyana de Frost

Shirtless Prophet

Hyeo

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:34 pm
xIcey Rose
Hyeo

Oh why hello there~

On terms of literacy...I tend to post what I am given but I know for certain I can post at least two paragraphs...
But, if you see one of my rps and you don't see that many: It's because I wasn't given much to work with.

Now, I abosultely, positvely, LOVE assassin rps. I never get to do them enough because they always die on me. {Which makes me quite depressed}.

There were a few listed toward the top of the thread, a nice quoted section in that ridiculously gigantic post, but if neither of those are to your liking we can hash out a new one.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:45 pm
Hyeo
xIcey Rose
Hyeo

Oh why hello there~

There were a few listed toward the top of the thread, a nice quoted section in that ridiculously gigantic post, but if neither of those are to your liking we can hash out a new one.

I am abosultely in LOVE with Silent Disjunction!  

Katiyana de Frost

Shirtless Prophet

Hyeo

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:22 pm
Whoo! That's one new RP today, lets see if I can go for two!  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:46 pm
What plots do you have in mind? (:  

instantxxramen

Dapper Phantom

Hyeo

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:58 pm
instantxxramen
What plots do you have in mind? (:

Notifications system needs some adjustments @_@
Anything listed here, plus... Well, whatever lol Give me a setting and a genre and I'm good at coming up with stories on the spot, and if you have any you would like to try you can run them by me.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 2:45 pm
And a little bump here~  

Hyeo

Call Me Nefret

Sweet Egg

57,525 Points
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Battery 500
  • Master Converter 500
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:42 pm
Hey, I'm nefret2011, but you can call me Nef or Net. From your first post, it looks like we have very similar writing styles. I only decorate my posts if someone else suggests. The writing should speak for itself. What most intrigues me, however, is your plots. I'm very much an action RPer. A story line isn't fun until someone's life is on the line. And while I don't mind a little romance on the side, I get bored very fast with RPs that focus on the romance alone.

The plotlines that intrigue me the most are Outside Interests and the one you wrote in the second post, although I think I'd prefer Outside Interests.

I am on Gaia several times a day and I always check my RP threads. If you'd like a sample of my work, click here It's a 1x1, with a completely original plotline. (The first few pages are just brainstorming. The actual story starts on the 3rd)  
The Main Hall -- Search threads go here!

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games