Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)
That is just Deluded... Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TheStarlessSkye

8,225 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:37 am
Well, my ex girlfriend is saying she's a "Witch" and that Witches aren't humans. And that she flies on a Broomstick. Saying that "Wiccans" aren't "real Witches" and Witchcraft is non-existant. Anyone else think she seems crazy or delusional?  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:47 am
And she sees herself as a "real witch?"

If that is so then if she actually believes herself she must be delusional. or she could be making fun of you? either way there is probably more to this story. you should elaborate on who she is, who you are, and how she became your ex. smile  

Daearen

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 12:11 pm
I think in some legends and stuff there's an element of "witch" that's viewed as a kind of "other than human" thing- so, maybe that's what she's thinking of, but it's still silly in my book for a human to say they're not- or for them to say their magic is "real" but Wicca's isn't.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 12:12 pm
Yep. She's not making fun of me. Her "Witch friend" has the same views, but is less immature and pathetic about it.  

TheStarlessSkye

8,225 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200

TheStarlessSkye

8,225 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 12:13 pm
Daearen
And she sees herself as a "real witch?"

If that is so then if she actually believes herself she must be delusional. or she could be making fun of you? either way there is probably more to this story. you should elaborate on who she is, who you are, and how she became your ex. smile
I know WHY she became my ex. I know how, too.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 12:15 pm
Esiris
I think in some legends and stuff there's an element of "witch" that's viewed as a kind of "other than human" thing- so, maybe that's what she's thinking of, but it's still silly in my book for a human to say they're not- or for them to say their magic is "real" but Wicca's isn't.

Yeah. When Witchcraft is an almost, if not an ancient practice. Which has many forms, branches and leaves. She even said: You're going to get lots of rain. That defies the law of Magic. You can't go against Nature (as far as I'm aware, anyway) and that Magic is natural.  

TheStarlessSkye

8,225 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200

oOGarrettOo

Greedy Conversationalist

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 5:13 pm
Last I checked I'm pretty damn human.

I'd chalk it up to her being a Playgan (we should create a term like that just for witches...). Saying you're not human sounds like a fantasy world situation people like to create.

Also, I'm not entirely sure what you're talking about in your last post. About the natural/unnatural thing.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 5:39 pm
Either (1) she truly believes what she says, ergo, she is deluded, or (2) she is having you on because she knows you're a Pagan. With the sparse information you have provided, the second option seems as likely as the first. For instance, if she is (still) angry about the breakup, her going on about being a real witch, non-human, &c. could be something she's doing just to irritate you. And if this is the case (rather than her actually being delusional), it looks like it's working, given you've gone seeking, in this thread, validation of your thought that she is delusional.

My response in both cases would be to roll my eyes and ignore her claims, and avoid the topic of witchcraft in future. It seems the simplest solution. (Unless, of course, it sounds like she is, in her delusions, a danger to herself, or those around her; then further action, like seeking professional intervention, may be needed.)

Azareas Aquarinus
She even said: You're going to get lots of rain. That defies the law of Magic. You can't go against Nature (as far as I'm aware, anyway) and that Magic is natural.

How is getting lots of rain not natural? Especially if you live anywhere near the Eastern coast of North America right now, what with a hurricane going through, lots of rain is a perfectly natural thing to happen.  

Katefox Tarnagona

Shameless Genius

TheStarlessSkye

8,225 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:06 am
oOGarrettOo

Also, I'm not entirely sure what you're talking about in your last post. About the natural/unnatural thing.

Some people like to believe magic is paranormal or supernatural. Magic's a natural force. And as far as I know, when you do magic, you can't go against the laws of nature. You go with it. Not against it. That's as far as I'm aware, anyway.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:12 am
Katefox Tarnagona
Either (1) she truly believes what she says, ergo, she is deluded, or (2) she is having you on because she knows you're a Pagan. With the sparse information you have provided, the second option seems as likely as the first. For instance, if she is (still) angry about the breakup, her going on about being a real witch, non-human, &c. could be something she's doing just to irritate you. And if this is the case (rather than her actually being delusional), it looks like it's working, given you've gone seeking, in this thread, validation of your thought that she is delusional.

My response in both cases would be to roll my eyes and ignore her claims, and avoid the topic of witchcraft in future. It seems the simplest solution. (Unless, of course, it sounds like she is, in her delusions, a danger to herself, or those around her; then further action, like seeking professional intervention, may be needed.)

Azareas Aquarinus
She even said: You're going to get lots of rain. That defies the law of Magic. You can't go against Nature (as far as I'm aware, anyway) and that Magic is natural.

How is getting lots of rain not natural? Especially if you live anywhere near the Eastern coast of North America right now, what with a hurricane going through, lots of rain is a perfectly natural thing to happen.

She's been going on about that she's a "Witch" and at "Halloween" she'll say a spell and unlock her "Magic". She's been telling me that even before the break up, and before I told her I was Pagan. Since I don't rabble it to everyone. So I don't think she's making fun of me.

I don't think she'd be angry about the break up. She finished me.

About the rain thing: She said she'll "make" it rain lots where I live. Which is where I argue: When you do magic, you can't control nature to do your will, you go with the flow of nature, not against it.  

TheStarlessSkye

8,225 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200

oOGarrettOo

Greedy Conversationalist

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:04 am
Azareas Aquarinus

About the rain thing: She said she'll "make" it rain lots where I live. Which is where I argue: When you do magic, you can't control nature to do your will, you go with the flow of nature, not against it.
You can, actually. If you're really good, you can redirect or "summon" rain. Is it a good idea? No, not really, as you'll be taking it away from somewhere else or likely redirecting it somewhere that probably doesn't need it. Messing with the weather is generally frowned upon, among other things.

I think it's highly unlikely she'll be able to do more than look up your local weather and inform you that it's going to be raining neutral  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:28 am
oOGarrettOo
Azareas Aquarinus

You can, actually. If you're really good, you can redirect or "summon" rain. Is it a good idea? No, not really, as you'll be taking it away from somewhere else or likely redirecting it somewhere that probably doesn't need it. Messing with the weather is generally frowned upon, among other things.

I think it's highly unlikely she'll be able to do more than look up your local weather and inform you that it's going to be raining neutral

Ah, I see. Would it be advanced Witchcraft?

Yeah. It rains here a lot, anyway. And I love rain. The energy with and after a shower's amazing! Plus, my element's Water.  

TheStarlessSkye

8,225 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200

Yanueh

Shameless Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:28 am
It sounds to me like she's really gullible and/or mentally ill.

If she truly believes she flies around on a broomstick, I'd say the latter is highly likely.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:27 am
Azareas Aquarinus

I don't label things that way. It makes it sound like you want to work towards it, or that you're free to do it when you get that good. Weather magic is just stupid, plain and simple. It's far too sensitive an area for someone to fuss with. I won't touch it. I don't think anyone should touch it.

But definitely wouldn't be something someone who isn't experienced would be able to accomplish anyway.  

oOGarrettOo

Greedy Conversationalist

TheStarlessSkye

8,225 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:46 pm
oOGarrettOo
Azareas Aquarinus

I don't label things that way. It makes it sound like you want to work towards it, or that you're free to do it when you get that good. Weather magic is just stupid, plain and simple. It's far too sensitive an area for someone to fuss with. I won't touch it. I don't think anyone should touch it.

But definitely wouldn't be something someone who isn't experienced would be able to accomplish anyway.
Ah, I see. Why would it be stupid?  
*~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games