Welcome to Gaia! ::

Angel's Charity

Back to Guilds

Giving gold and items to gaians in need 

Tags: Charity, Quests, Free, Gold, Items 

Reply Contests and Games (Win Items and / or Gold Prizes!)
Naxts' Observatory Of Creativity. Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:39 pm

Naxts
Crew
[+More]
  • Elemental Wings
  • Flame Sword
  • Fondue the Chocolate Bunny
  • Fox Ears
  • Green Corallus Egg 2nd gen.
  • Green Corallus Egg 2nd gen.
  • Heavenly Awesome
  • Skeleton
See those Items up there? I'm going to give those out for you guys.
However, If you know me, then you know I don't just give things away for nothing.

So here's how this is going to work out. You have two choices

I want a story.
Write a story about whatever you want. I don't care if its a children's tale, or a erotica. I want to read something amazing from your minds.
If it's good, I'll let you pick out one of those items have to have.
If it's amazing. I'll let you pick out two of those items.
If it's absolutely beautiful. 100k gold is yours.

Or you can draw me avatar art.
If you can draw me something decent. You can have an item.
If you draw me something god amazing. You can have two items.
If It end's up being absolute tear-jerking beautiful. You can have 100k gold.

Here's how to enter.
If you're going to write me a story. Give me a PM that's titled "Participant Entry - Story". And just tell me a little info about yourself.
if you're going to draw me Avatar art. Give me a PM titled "Participant Entry - Art". And tell me a little about yourself.

This is just to let me know how many people are going to be sending me stuff.

I will stop accepting entries on the 18th of October, which is a week from now.

Now. About the rewards. Here's how its going to work. There are 8 items. 4 of those items are going to the writers, and 4 are going to artists.
That 100k gold reward is only going to one writer, and one artist.

I'll actually begin the contest later after I receive all the participants.
Meaning, please don't start working until I give the go.
Any questions?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:13 am
Participants so far.

Story writing-
Whora The Explorer
shikuzaru
CobaltSDragon

Art-

Naxts
Crew

CobaltSDragon

3,500 Points
  • Market Browser 100
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:38 pm
"Miracle"

She was so young back then; she’s older and much more
mature now. Let me take you way back before now when it all changed.

There was once a happy family who lived in an old town
called Greensbury. Their daughter’s name was Sophie. Her mother,
Amy, was a teacher. Sophie’s dad, Joe, worked as an actor
in a theatre. But Sophie wanted to spend time with her parents;
they never had the time. One day, she got really sick and her parents had an important conference that day. When her
temperature dropped, her parents decided to leave Sophie alone
hoping that when they got back, she’d be better. They were
wrong.

When Joe, Sophie’s dad, got back, there lay Sophie in the snow
unconscious. Then they realized that they had made the wrong
decision leaving Sophie alone at home. Sophie had waited for them
and became even more sick. Immediately, Amy and Joe called the
ambulance. They waited and waited and waited, praying that their
sick, weak daughter was going to live. Later, the doctor (along
with the ambulance) arrived at their house. After examining
Sophie, the doctor shaking his head sadly said, “I’m sorry,
Mr. and Mrs. Jonas. Your daughter has become very sick that
there’s a very good chance that she might not live.”

“No, no, no, no! Sophie……” cried Amy, sobbing with her hands to her face. Then Joe bolted out of the house, not looking where he was going. He ended up in a dark, foggy forest. It was cold and chilly too. In a way, the forest reminded Joe of his sick, weary
daughter, fighting for her life back at the hospital. He fell down on his knees and started to pray and cry out, “ God, please help my poor, sick daughter! Please, let her live!” Just then a bright, holy
light started to shine out of the sky, all of the dark clouds and fog disappearing.
When Joe returned back home, Sophie was in bed, smiling and talking to her mother. He ran and hugged the both of them. All of them in one piece. It was a true miracle. Together as one happy, thankful family.

After that, Amy and Joe both quit their jobs and together opened up a hat shop at home. Sometimes Sophie would help out too.
Amy and Joe never left Sophie alone after that like they used to. But like I said, Sophie’s much older now. Sophie doesn’t remember anything about it though. She shouldn’t have to know what her parents went through that day or herself. They’ve still been a happy, close family then.

THE END  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 2:00 pm
CobaltSDragon
"Miracle"

they never had the time. One day, she got really sick and her parents had an important conference that day. When her
wrong.

“No, no, no, no! Sophie……” cried Amy, sobbing with her hands to her face. Then Joe bolted out of the house, not looking where he was going. He ended up in a dark, foggy forest. It was cold and chilly too. In a way, the forest reminded Joe of his sick, weary
daughter, fighting for her life back at the hospital. He fell down on his knees and started to pray and cry out, “ God, please help my poor, sick daughter! Please, let her live!” Just then a bright, holy
light started to shine out of the sky, all of the dark clouds and fog disappearing.
When Joe returned back home, Sophie was in bed, smiling and talking to her mother. He ran and hugged the both of them. All of them in one piece. It was a true miracle. Together as one happy, thankful family.

After that, Amy and Joe both quit their jobs and together opened up a hat shop at home. Sometimes Sophie would help out too.
Amy and Joe never left Sophie alone after that like they used to. But like I said, Sophie’s much older now. Sophie doesn’t remember anything about it though. She shouldn’t have to know what her parents went through that day or herself. They’ve still been a happy, close family then.

THE END

Good Job Cabots! It makes me think of this extremely boring book I read, not that yours is boring, it has a similar plot. There's this girl and she has polio and the nurse says that she's going to die. Her parents ask her what she wants and she says that she wants a chocolate milkshake, but milkshakes aren't good for people with polio and could increase the chance that the girl will die. Her parents got her the chocolate milkshake anyway and it improved her condition. Anyway Good Luck! I was thinking of writing a story too, but I don't know what to write about now. O and BTW I think that you were supposed to PM it to him.  

carnivorouskuma

Timid Wildcat

Naxts
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 2:21 pm
Maybe I should have made it clear that I hadn't exactly started the contest yet. I'm just collecting participants right now just to see if there's even going to be a contest.

Oh well. Thank you for the story! It was a nice read, though there seemed to be a lot of errors and the writing style was quite confusing. It was short and sweet.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:20 pm
Naxts_The_Demon
Maybe I should have made it clear that I hadn't exactly started the contest yet. I'm just collecting participants right now just to see if there's even going to be a contest.

Oh well. Thank you for the story! It was a nice read, though there seemed to be a lot of errors and the writing style was quite confusing. It was short and sweet.

o oops I just sent mine  

carnivorouskuma

Timid Wildcat

Naxts
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:18 pm
fizzyorangesoda
Naxts_The_Demon

o oops I just sent mine

That's alright.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:54 pm
fizzyorangesoda
CobaltSDragon
"Miracle"

wrong.

THE END

Good Job Cabots! It makes me think of this extremely boring book I read, not that yours is boring, it has a similar plot. There's this girl and she has polio and the nurse says that she's going to die. Her parents ask her what she wants and she says that she wants a chocolate milkshake, but milkshakes aren't good for people with polio and could increase the chance that the girl will die. Her parents got her the chocolate milkshake anyway and it improved her condition. Anyway Good Luck! I was thinking of writing a story too, but I don't know what to write about now. O and BTW I think that you were supposed to PM it to him.

Thanks fizzy! Yeah I did PM him but he didn't respond yet.......  

CobaltSDragon

3,500 Points
  • Market Browser 100
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Naxts
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:16 pm
CobaltSDragon
fizzyorangesoda
CobaltSDragon
"Miracle"

wrong.

THE END

Thanks fizzy! Yeah I did PM him but he didn't respond yet.......

Read the post I made earlier.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:18 pm
So yes. According to the original post. I said that today, I would stop taking participants.

However, there clearly aren't enough participants to have this contest, so I'm going to extend it for another week.

Meaning, I'm going to stop taking participants on the 25th of October.

Naxts
Crew

ToTheButts
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:25 pm
its the 25th can i still do this T..T  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:07 pm
sapphira_eve
its the 25th can i still do this T..T

Even with you. We still only have 5 participants.
Which isn't nearly enough. I excepted to get at least 8 people.

But things aren't a good sign when there's more rewards then there are participants.

I'm unsure if I want to extend it again or just cancel the whole thing.

Naxts
Crew

Naxts
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:03 pm
We now have 6 participants.

Here's how I'm going to do things. Because this has gone on way longer then it should have.

I'm going to extend accepting participants one last time.

If two more people don't join by the time Halloween rolls around. Then this is canceled.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:25 pm
is this still on or is it cancelled? because if it's still on, and you're accepting participants- then I'd like to join.

Also, I'd suggest changing the first post (if you are still accepting). I read it and was like "oh, only twas til the 18th. a darn shame." but I kept on reading posts because I saw a story. (and who doesn't like a free short story? Seriously?)

derp.  

Jacklyna

Kawaii Kitten

Naxts
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 7:30 am
Jacklyna
is this still on or is it cancelled? because if it's still on, and you're accepting participants- then I'd like to join.

Also, I'd suggest changing the first post (if you are still accepting). I read it and was like "oh, only twas til the 18th. a darn shame." but I kept on reading posts because I saw a story. (and who doesn't like a free short story? Seriously?)

derp.

I'm extending it one last time. And since you joined.

I only need just one more until Halloween and this will go on.
If not, It's canceled.

Contests and Games (Win Items and / or Gold Prizes!)

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games