Captain's Office Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hymn of the Silent
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:01 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

At first glance this office looks less like an office and more like an indoor garden. Filled with plants and fertile earth, a small path of stones leads the way to the back of the room, where Shan's small office lay. The desk itself is low to the ground in traditional Japanese style, and when he is in the office he sits there diligently, often fulfilling whatever duties he is asked.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:26 pm
All was well in the office of the captain. The faint smell of earth and plant life permeated everything, the sound of a gurgling fountain hidden somewhere in the foliage created a subtle ambiance that was more peaceful than just simple silence. But above that there was humming. An old, long forgotten tune that jaunted its way through the calm air, filling the rather large space with its melody. The captain was not in his office, instead raking the soft sands of his gigantic zen garden, standing upon a rock in the center of it's magnificent designs. He was not wearing his poncho, and his haori was folded neatly on the ground next to the sand.

He was completely at peace, here, having finished his paperwork early and been given no request. Men in the Ninth had to get peace however they could; it was stressful having the responsibility of taking care of troublesome shinigami and the defense of the Seireitei. It wasn't often that they were called out to battle, but when they did it was for something severe. Whenever the captain had a spare moment, he reveled in all things creative and wonderful. Things that brought him peace and tranquility.

But since there was nothing at the moment to do he continued to rake, humming his old familiar tune. In this stance, and with his hair down, it would be hard to distinguish him as either a male or female. At least until he spoke.

Hymn of the Silent
Crew

Hymn of the Silent
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:29 pm
He had just finished the last part of his design when a courier came in with a message. He took the missive with a bow, and let the courier leave. He put his rake away and walked over to his office to open the paper with his letter-opener to read it. He put the knife away and unfurled the paper, reading them patiently from his cross-legged position in front of his ground-level desk. He finished reading and closed it up. Standing up, he placed the letter into a small cabinet along with a series of letters that looked incredibly similar. He closed it soon after, and donned his haori once more, and then the strange coat over that. He tied his hair up in a ponytail and then flipped the hood over his head. When he left, he left a note on the door.

I apologize for any inconvenience.
I am currently on patrol and do not know when I will be back. If it is an emergency, send for me and I will come as soon as I can.
Thank you,
Captain Hokori of the Ninth Division

He closed the door behind him and locked it, and promptly started on his patrol. It wasn't a daily occurrance. He patrolled sometimes in his free time, but when he was asked to it was for a reason. A reason he was never told of, but a reason nonetheless.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:36 pm
Shan returned a couple hours from his assignment, carefully removing the sign from his door as not to damage it, and re-entered his office. He let out a heavy sigh because of his line of work, as it often caused him to stress a fair lot more than most others. It was a tough line of work, having to police the Seireitei. Having to bring your own soul reapers to task for their own crimes, minor or no. He set the sign away in a small cubby of other signs he used from time to time, and hung up his overcoat on the rack by the door. Shan rolled his shoulders to loosen them up a little, and unfurled his hair from its pinned place behind his head, letting it hang loose in long, curly flows.

He whistled a tune as he walked through the garden pathways of his office, finding a place next to a babbling brook to sit down and meditate. He closed his eyes and folded his legs into each other, placing his hands on his knees as he did so, letting the soft sounds of his office soothe his mind into a state of tranquility. Calm, peace, and beauty. These were the things he favored above all else. Now that he had reached a position of notoriety in the Gotei, and brought favor to his clan, he was allowed these moments of bliss. And he took them every moment that he could.

Calm, sweet serenity. Nothing could feel better.

Hymn of the Silent
Crew

Elemental Zanpaktou
Crew

2,650 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Consumer 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:44 am
User Image

Torik Ishikawa
Lieutenant of Squad 9

Torik had returned to the Squad barracks after completing his assigned patrol duty and was now walking toward his Captains office. His long white hair was slowly dancing with the breeze as he walked, it was a nice relaxing day. Torik had noticed that his Lieutenant badge was slightly crooked, o he adjusted it to be presentable to his Captain. He was a fairly new Lieutenant so he had to keep up his appearance and still prove that he was worthy of this title and his Captain's trust. When he came to the door of the office he took a knee and bowed his head. "Captain Hokori, may I come in? This is Lieutenant Ishikawa." He stated formally and respectively, not knowing he was meditating. Torik had been in Shan's office a few times before as a 5th seat, he had always loved the beauty of the room and how relaxing the environment was. But he did not come for relaxation, he had wanted to see if there was any work that he could do for his Captain as the newly appointed Lieutenant of Squad 9.

User Image  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:31 pm
Shan let out a long, soft sigh when something stirred him from his meditation. It was not unwelcome, as he had bee meditating for a while before someone came knocking. He stirred, and slowly rose to stand. There was a shadow at the door, kneeling there in respect. He smiled for a moment, and composed himself a little. He wondered if he should tie his hair up, but at the moment he didn't rightly care. Padding over to his door, he slowly slid it open, revealing Torik Ishikawa, his Lieutenant. He shook his head a little at Torik, and then turned to walk back into the office. "Come in, Ishikawa. This is your office as well as mine, now. It will take a little getting used to, I am sure." He walked over to his zen garden, that he had so recently raked, and waited for his lieutenant to follow.

"Come in, make yourself at home. Let me know if there is anything I can do for you." This was the first lieutenant he had allowed after a while, his last disappointing him so much that he refused to let that spot be filled. Better to have a competent third seat than a thick-headed lieutenant. But Torik had shown a great amount of promise. Shan would make no assumptions to the contrary, but he refused to put faith in him until he was given a reason.

Hymn of the Silent
Crew

Elemental Zanpaktou
Crew

2,650 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Consumer 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:47 pm
User Image

Torik Ishikawa
Lieutenant of Squad 9

Torik was slightly embarrassed when the Captain had to remind him that this was his office as well. Being only recently promoted to Lieutenant, it was truly something to get use to. He walked in a followed Shan to the zen garden, placing his hands in his pockets. This was truly a beautiful and relaxing place, he could feel his nerves and tensions loosening. "I was just wondering if you had any work or assignments for me to do." At a time of peace like this it was hard to believe that there would be an work to do, but there was always work in the Seiretei. Torik didn't want to appear to be a slacker, so keeping up with his work seemed like the thing to do. He wanted to surpass the previous Lieutenant and prove he was a worthy replacement.

"If there is any work I would gladly take care of it, Captain Hokori." Torik didn't want to come off as a kiss a** either, he just wanted to keep himself busy. So far all he was doing was patrol duty, which was pretty boring, but he never complained. It has also been a while since he got his zanpaktou dirty as well, seeing as there were on attacks on the Seiretei recently. But times of peace like this was rare, as much as he would like to enjoy it, if there was work to be done he would not hesitated to get the work done.

User Image  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 3:16 pm
Shan looked over at his lieutenant and smiled thinly. "It is good to see you so eager to prove yourself. Thankfully for now it seems that all is peaceful at the Seireitei, and all our assignments have been finished. You will find all your belongings have been brought here, for you to arrange as you so choose. Hm." Shan paused for a moment, staring at the delicate patterns in the sand. "You have raised through the ranks impressively fast, have you kept up with your training? I ask not to sound offensive but merely to know. Are you at a lieutenant's level yet? If not, then perhaps a lesson might be in order?" He retreated his hand hand from the rail and looked at Torik.

"However if you believe you are up to the task, then we may find something else to do."

Hymn of the Silent
Crew

Elemental Zanpaktou
Crew

2,650 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Consumer 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 5:28 pm
User Image

Torik Ishikawa
Lieutenant of Squad 9

Torik saw that his things have been brought to the office, he was proud to be the Lieutenant and proud of his quick progression. However, he was not sure that he was actually at Lieutenant level combat wise. Though he had obtained Bankai, he was not sure if he had trained enough to know how to use it effectively in at fight yet. "To be completely honest Captain, I'm not sure if my skills are at Lieutenant level yet." Torik should, truthfully, have more confidence in his abilities for making it this far. He wasn't quite sure why he felt so low about his power, maybe it was because he rose through the ranks so quickly. "Maybe I need a test of sorts, maybe a spar perhaps? Torik was hinting at the idea of having a practice match with Shan before he had an official assignment. Though he knew he wouldn't be able to defeat his Captain, he wanted to know how he stood against such a power.

User Image  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 6:03 pm
"Hm. Humble in your abilities. I like that. Never brag. If you are stronger than you let on, everyone will marvel at your strength." The Captain promptly began walking towards the door, waving at his lieutenant to follow. "But if you brag, you will always be looked down upon. Be confident, not a boaster." He walked out of the room and headed elsewhere. "Close the door behind you." Shan noted to Torik, pacing towards the dojo across the the way. It was open-aired and had no walls. In fact, it didn't seem much like a dojo at all. But it was the sanctioned dojo of the Ninth Division and it always found its uses.  

Hymn of the Silent
Crew

Elemental Zanpaktou
Crew

2,650 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Consumer 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 6:12 pm
User Image

Torik Ishikawa
Lieutenant of Squad 9

Torik nodded in agreement, following behind his Captain. "Of course, boasting and bragging aren't my style Captain." As they left the office, Torik turned around to slide the door shut as Shan had requested. He followed his Captain to the dojo, Torik liked that it was open-aired with no walls. He didn't like being confound in small spaces, and truthfully, his zanpaktou's power worked better in open spaces. Torik admired his sword, Kaze Senshu, for as long as there was air and winds he was difficult to defeat. But he knew that even his wind power wouldn't be enough to defeat his Captain, Shan Hokori; whose power was of earth.

User Image  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:09 pm
Sayuri Yamazaki
Aura Radiantis

User Image

Walking with a joyful step, Sayuri walked along the path leading to the Captain's Office. New to Squad Nine, Sayuri felt that the first thing she should do would be to go and visit her new captain; bring him food, offer help, the whole "I'm new and I hope you like me" shabang. Accompanied by her zanpakuto spirit, Awaihiko, Sayuri walked happily up to the sliding wooden doors that lead to the Captain's Office, her silken black hair and empty saya swinging with her steps. Awaihiko was hot on her heels, his formal and shimmering hakama not matching the picture he created with a large bundle of food leaning precariously on his right arm. "Don't just stand by the door, Sayuri! Knock!" Awaihiko whispered hotly as he struggled to balance the food. Sayuri flushed, "Don't you dare drop that, Awai! You do and I'm having roast spirit for dinner!" Sayuri smiled playfully as she made a cranking motion to her spirit. "The quicker you move the less chance I have to drop it!" "Fine, fine, Awai!" Sayuri whispered in mock dissapointment as she gently nocked on the door with her knuckles.

Quod mutatur determinatio mundi......postremo me capere possis tuam congreget
User ImageUser ImageUser Image
OCC: Blank!

MeroMerokono

Hymn of the Silent
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:36 pm
"Excuse me." A voice called from behind them as it approached. "I just have to get by." Shan slid past the duo, and opened the door to the office. "Come in, come in." He waved to them, Torik as well who would be no doubt behind him. "Sayuri Yamaki, correct? And given the fact that I have no fourth seat currently I am guessing that is your zanpaku-to spirit?" It was quite obvious, if you looked close enough. No being is made of pure reiatsu and yet completely hollow. That and it's reiatsu matched Sayuri's perfectly. "Make yourself at home, but feel free to bring your package into my office." He walked across the wooden bridge, and around the corner to his inner sanctum. "Oh, and try to stay on the path. I just trimmed everything yesterday."  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:36 pm
Sayuri Yamazaki
Aura Radiantis

User Image

Sayuri listened in total shock, her face burning brightly as she struggled to make a good impression. Both Awaihiko and Sayuri knew that arguing in front of the captain's office in plain sight and earshot of the captain was not a good idea. In relaxed captains it was funny at best and usually just plain strange. What would her new captain think? "Y-yes, sir, this is my zanpakuto spirit, Awaihiko." Sayuri said as she straightened her posture and followed her captain into his office. "Actually, this package is meant for you, Captain. I wasn't sure what kinds of food you liked so I brought you a couple of different kinds." Sayuri was clearly in her element, her rich purple eyes glinted happily. Awaihiko stood behind her, the package now held in both hands to prevent it from leaning. Sayuri, oblivious to the room for the moment, didn't notice just how unusuall the office actually was. Instead of the standard office, Captain Hokori's office was much more akin to an indoor garden. Awaihiko allowed the edges of his mouth to turn up slightly, just enough to show how much he loved the room. To save the captain from one of Sayuri's food rants, Awaihiko spoke in explanation, "What she means to tell you is that she made a couple of boxes of food for you, Captain. One box is filled with sweets, one box holds japanese style cooking, and so on."

Quod mutatur determinatio mundi......postremo me capere possis tuam congreget
User ImageUser ImageUser Image
OCC: messing with font sizes, sorry.

MeroMerokono

Hymn of the Silent
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:56 pm
"Hm. Well I suspect you brought far more than one man could hope to eat in one sitting." He chuckled lightly as he sat behind his desk, crossing his legs as he sat upon the ground. This part of his office had an actual floor, to spare others from having to sit on the earth. "So I suppose it is a good thing that there are three shinigami here, eh?" Shan offered his hand to the ground before his desk as places to sit. His desk was clean enough to take the boxes of food that she had brought, and he smiled at his newest member.

"Sit. We will eat now and, perhaps, we may all get to know each other better. I've gotten to know Torik fairly well through the years, but I have yet to properly read through your file, Sayuri, and I can't help but assume that neither of you know each other. Besides, it is a peaceful time here in the Seireitei and I am doing everything I can to enjoy it. True peace rarely lasts, in this world of spirits." He smiled faintly, and fluffed his hair out a little for comfort. If he had more time he might tie it behind him but it's not like his own division would call him a girl. At least, for their sakes, he hoped they wouldn't.

[[Completely okay.]]  
Squad 9-Internal Affairs

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces