+ The Discordant Theatre – [ORP] Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Yokai Manekineko

Beloved Gawker

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:05 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

+ The Discordant Theatre - [ORP] +

[Disclaimer: For those of you who aren’t familiar with the way I label threads, ORP stands for Open Role Play. That means, even if your character is engaged in a thread elsewhere, this thread has no time, and you may post in this thread as much as you’d like.]

An intimate crooner’s lounge located at the fringes of the Thirteenth Division, The Discordant Theatre stands as a misnomer. Relatively small, the building has a max floor seating of twenty round the five circular tables arranged in no real order, a small bar to left of the entrance and full functioning kitchen hidden just out of sight. Straight ahead sits a stage large enough to house a baby grand piano, a single bench seat and a lone microphone and stand sit resolute at dead center of the space. The lighting is dim, enclosing the space further and offering a respite from the bright lights and bustle of squad life. Each nook and cranny is decorated with dark woods, stained near black while the only exception remains the stage floor, stained a light cherry purposefully to reduce the need for lighting. Heavy velveteen curtains frame the stage, deep crimson and crimped to the near walls with antiqued gold ties.

Not a single wall is without some music iconography, cleverly depicted in the Captains favored colors of red, gold, white and black, besides the dark backdrop of the stage. Although not as prosperous as it once was, Aine finds solace in the intentionally dark atmosphere and spends more time tickling out melodies from the piano then sitting in her office diligently doing paperwork. Now a days, the Theatre is silence, save for the footfalls of the nondescript waiting staff, a long shot from the past where each night was filled with the echoes of voices, the serenades of those brave enough to take the stage.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:07 pm

Other then the soft scratch of pen on paper, or rustle of loose fabric, the theatre sat dead with the only soul in sight scribing note after note on a blank sheet. Occasionally, the low thrum of a guitar base line would shiver across the air as if from nowhere, unless one were to take note of the minute fluxes of reiatsu emanating from the little Captain that sat cross-legged on the bench before the mahogany baby grand. Her bright white haori gleamed pristinely beneath the single soft stage light, the only brilliance within the theatre’s dark confines.

Once her emerald gaze flashed to the doorway while she caused the ivories beneath her slim fingers to dance as she switched instruments, only to turn back when the tiny knock she’d heard was just the wood of the old joint settling after a strong passing wind. Discouraged for what had to be the thousandth time, she returned to her work, but the longing for her little lounge to be filled with the mirth of old came flooding back. Quickly finding her fingers lacking the strength to continue their artful movements, Aine sat quietly, contemplating the sound of silence until her reverie was broken by a baritone voice at her ear.

“Kurodori, do not dwell on what was,” begged the living shadow, her zanpakutou spirit settled his alabaster hands on her tensed shoulders, wishing to take away the lonely quality of her remembrance. “What is it you’ve been working on?” Peeping over her shoulder, the spirit was merely on his knees, but able to notch his chin comfortably over the swell of her right shoulder.

Under normal pretenses, she would have shrugged An-ei off, literally and figuratively, except he was right in his worry. The older generations would have called it being caught in a funk, and Aine’s depressed state was in full swing. Breaking from her tradition of pushing the spirit away, instead she twisted backwards to loop her arm about his neck, placing her forehead at the crown of his own, hiding her face as her free hand tangled in the cold effervescent fall of his perpetually swaying hair. The spirit remained stunned for some time, but in inches relaxed into her hold and reciprocated the gesture by enrobing her waist in with his own dark arms.

“The depth of darkness to which you can descend and still live is an exact measure of the height to which you can aspire to reach.”

Yokai Manekineko

Beloved Gawker

Dark Bunny Lord
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:28 am
Yasumeh had continued his time wandering randomly through the streets and into different squads on his quite common evening strolls. They weren't fully for the relaxation it brought nor a solution to boredom but rather simply as a way to avoid paperwork, hoping his more diligent lieutenant would do most of said work for him. He had been chastised for it many times before but in truth she seemed to enjoy the paper work, or if enjoyment was not the actual feeling she at least never complained despite reminding him from time to time when the stacks got to high for even her to manage alone. Coming across the thirteenth he stumbled upon a small theater, the image of the building bringing a slight tug of nostalgia of something a bit more grand but lost to his shadowed life from which, as most that had died, was long forgotten.
Wandering in at his own accord, never one much for knocking, he looked around letting out a whistle. "Nice place" he said noticing Aine sitting alone working away at her paperwork. As if ignorant of common courtesy he plopped down in a seat near her without so much as waiting for a word of response, an act he would blame partially on the alcohol if needs be. Though he oddly didn't smell of it, choosing something slightly less potent than normal to inhibit his dreams. "Doesn't look like it gets used often" he said noting dust collecting along the large curtains before them.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 11:01 am

The effect of Yasumeh’s entrance was grandiose.

An-ei twisted, a malevolent hiss scaring the silence as he bared his needle teeth at the other Captain and possessively tightened his hold on Aine’s waist. Her eyes shot up, the pink tingeing at the edges of her eyes was lost to her confused countenance only to quickly shift directly into annoyance. Not at Yasumeh, but the spirit currently squeezing her hard enough to cut off her breath. With a snarl of her own, the small woman unwound her legs from their crossed position, braced her booted feet on the cherry wood floor and shoved the living shadow’s head as from her torso as possible. An-ei stiffened, amethyst eyes widened as he was startled from his threat display and lost his grip on his wielder, toppling to the side where his form dispersed from view in a splash of a blackened mist.

Collecting her scattered emotions, Aine made a show of straightening the back of her oddly cut haori and traversed the few steps and a jump from the stage to where Yasumeh had taken up residence at the forward most table. Hooking one of the oak chairs with her foot, she flipped it around and plopped down, her hands resting upon the back of the chair and her chin upon her hands. Emerald eyes stared, with no real purpose at the ragamuffin Captain and only shifted when her quick departure from the stage had set her sheet music askew, causing them to fall in a rush, that would normally a hushed noise, echoed deafeningly in the quiet theatre. Aine placed a hand to her temple and rubbed softly, embarrassed at having been found slacking off and emotional, but covering her lapse with a façade of annoyance.

“Not at all, use’ta be filled with music all the time. Now it’s pretty dead. Staff’ll still make ya whatever ya wanna eat or drink though.”

“The depth of darkness to which you can descend and still live is an exact measure of the height to which you can aspire to reach.”

Yokai Manekineko

Beloved Gawker

Dark Bunny Lord
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 11:40 am
"Shame really, not enough of the arts around here" he said propping his feet up. "You're zanpaktou's spirit... I noticed when I came in, it must be quite protective of you isn't it? Must be nice. Mine just wants to stay sheathed as long as possible and sleep, guess it doesn't help my image much" Yasumeh said with a slight chuckle.
Carefully he took off his wide brimmed straw hat and hung it off the back of a nearby chair, his long disheveled hair pulled back into a tail so as to stay out of his face. His eyes scanned the auditorium then closed solemnly as he imagined the acoustics that it might deliver in it's earlier days.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 11:59 am

Stopping her distracting fingers after rubbing at her left eye gingerly, “you’d have to study An-ei much longer then just a glimpse to understand him. I’ll just leave the subject at him being amorous towards me and excessively jealous.” Somewhat grateful that Yasumeh had kept her from wallowing in grim nostalgia, she cocked her head to the side, voice returning to her typical lack of enunciation. “N’ you’re right; ya really don’t need help seem’in lazy.” Quirking her lips in a half smirk, Aine had to look away when his expression fell into solemnity, it only caused the tugs at her heart-strings to sting just a bit more.

In an effort to keep her composure, she let out a shrill whistle and a young man stepped out from behind the low black curtaining behind the bar. “Usual n’ out best nigori, glass n’ bottle.” With her order established, the blonde haired youth bowed his head and retreated.

“So, you lazy good for nothing, what brings you all the way out to my theatre? Hmm?” She inserted, sarcasm slathered good naturedly over her nonchalant question. “I’m going to guess escaping from paperwork, like most of us do, and having absolutely nothing else to do that you felt like putting effort into.”

Yokai Manekineko

Beloved Gawker

Dark Bunny Lord
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:12 pm
Yasumeh kept his grin at the comment of escaping paperwork, "It's not what I signed up for and they have yet to fire me for shirking it yet. Besides recruits have been low as of late, I suppose the idea of charting plans on a map, discussing physics to turn a persons power against them and other such aspects of my squad aren't as interesting to the youth as smash smash, big light go boom" he said with a slight sigh, "not that I'd want those filled by such aspects in my squad anyways, but it wouldn't hurt my view of where the next generation is going to see that at least a few would wisen up. That or what face I've set up for myself as a defense has worked slightly against me... or for me in terms of doing the same thing I'm doing now" he said in reference to avoiding the workload. Yasumeh realized he was likely coming off as a bit pretentious, but he of all people appreciated every squad even if he didn't outright say it. Like a chess player every piece was valuable and while the king or queen might be more powerful in his sight he recognized how necessary even the lowly pawn was and that, in the right situations, was far more important than even the most powerful piece.
"And you captain? You where writing something" he said glancing at the papers but not letting his eyes idle to long upon them lest he be prying into a matter best left private.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:43 pm

“Oh! He admits he plays the lazy slob,”Aine interjected with an only slightly smug grin, sitting a bit straighter as it was followed by her chiming laugh. She’d been waiting for a chance to point the finger at his act, but she left that subject in rush when he asked what she’d been writing.

“First, I’m not Captain at any time to you, or when I’m relaxing. So, use my name alright. Second, I was working on the base line and piano accompaniment to a song that’s still in the works.” For a moment, Aine must have seemed excitable, and she was, music was as much a part of her life as breathing. “You enjoy music much?” Before she could press further, her order came out on a single tray carried by the blonde boy and left without word next to her elbow. Without looking to Yasumeh, she removed the small cup and tall bottle of nigori, setting it before him and then snatched one of her own order from the tray. Mango mochi, her beloved snack food, Aine chewed quickly, her free hand pointing to the bottle as she swallowed. “Thought you might enjoy something other then the throat burning sake you carry around. That there cost about as much as one of my month pay, and is just about as potent, but sweet instead of pucker dry.”

Yokai Manekineko

Beloved Gawker

Dark Bunny Lord
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:54 pm
"Obliged then, Aine-chan, formalities and all tend to be a standard go to lest company be offended and I would certainly extend the same privilege" he said not truly knowing why he had the inclination to use title amongst equal ranks but something at the back of his head had always nagged him to do so. Taking the bottle and popping it's stopper he poured it slightly into the cup before raising it to his nose and sniffing it's scent. Gradually he sipped at it before returning it before him.

"Appreciated, but I don't drink for the taste nor enjoyment, but that's a story for another day. As for music, I do enjoy it. I marvel at it's ability to manipulate the emotions of those it reaches out to. You see it in shops, ceremonies, entertainment... all used to not just convey a story or feeling but to, often, force that feeling in a way almost unnoticed, or at least uncared by the recipients..." he stopped for a moment shaking his head. "You'll have to forgive me for the... tactical jarble as I'm sure it wasn't your desired answer but occasionally I can't seem to control my thoughts, could be the alcohol but I doubt it" he said raising the cup again in jest.
"...but yes, I do enjoy music quite a bit. Symphonies or calming melodies mostly, I find both not only enjoyable but useful within my own grounds."

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:07 pm
User Image
Ⓙⓘⓢⓐⓚⓤ Ⓜⓞⓡⓘⓜⓞⓣⓞ
Third Seat of Squad 13

((All right. Let's give this a shot))

The door slid open again. Jisaku's glasses glinted for an instant as he went inside. This place was nice to do some origami in. Unfortunately, they don't make stage shows for that. The fact that the Squad 13 Captain was here didn't surprise him, but the Squad 6 Captain sure did. "Good afternoon, Captain Kirihara."

Gamebrain25

Timid Gaian

Yokai Manekineko

Beloved Gawker

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:18 pm

“No worries Yasumeh, considering the company I keep with Ketsu and his crew, I do enjoy a more intellectual approach to conversation on occasion. I mean, I can only stand so much yelling and pissing contests.” Shrugging lightly, she placed another chunk of mochi in her mouth while her green gaze came to rest on the fallen sheet music. “Good to know your preferences on music too.” The deep tones of a piano turning over a cadence began to emanate from the stage, soon met the twang of acoustic guitar, the thump of a low drum and sweet shrill notes of two entwining flutes. The song was slow, a background that thrummed throughout the small space, filling the desolate corners of the theatre with the weight of the disguised solemn tone echoing from the counter melody of the piano.

“I’m not partial to any variety of music, but I do enjoy the challenge that comes with what you spoke of. Impressing and electing emotions without the listener consciously noticing.” There was no sound system in the theatre beyond the mic hook ups, but the calm serenade continued. The only production coming directly from the small Captain as her reiatsu ebbed and flowed to shape the sound.

“Haven’t seen ya around here, ever, Jisaku.” Aine had made it a point to look directly at the white haired youth as he entered, somewhat disappointed that her conversation would now have another participant, but equally happy to have the chance to relax with one of her squad members. She rarely had to the chance to. “Have ya met Yasumeh Uratigi, our Sixth Division Captain yet?”

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:24 pm
User Image
Ⓙⓘⓢⓐⓚⓤ Ⓜⓞⓡⓘⓜⓞⓣⓞ
Third Seat of Squad 13

"Well, I've been on the Squad for a short while," Jisaku said with a sheepish grin. "I haven't had the chance to come here until now." He took a moment to listen to the music, which had some sort of jazz vibe to it. Wait. Yasumeh? What kind of name was that? "Oh! It's nice to meet you, sir," Jisaku said with a polite bow.

Gamebrain25

Timid Gaian

Dark Bunny Lord
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 3:23 pm
Yasumeh enjoyed the music that started playing, a tad bit confused about it's source or cause but not bothering to question it and instead simply take it for what it was. His attention however was interrupted, drawn to the doorway where upon he spotted the new arrival, a recruit to the thirteenth. As he was bowed to he gave a small acknowledgment back, "No need to bow to me, it's not a time of war or a formal occasion, nor am I your captain. None the less greetings Jisaku-kun it's a pleasure for myself as well"

Yasumeh took another sip of the nigori, the effects of the substance long lost on his conscious mind as he had grown a heavy tolerance over his centuries of excessive intake.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 3:33 pm
((What's nigori?))  

Gamebrain25

Timid Gaian

Exiled Time Lord

Unbeatable Phantom

6,800 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:10 pm
((Nigori is sake with very high alcool content.))
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tekketsu Shiso
Lieutenant of Squad 13

Tekketsu slid the door open as he strolled into the theatre. He was immediately greeted on his arrival by a beautiful piece of piano music. Tekketsu turned to find the source of the lovely melodies, and saw his captain sitting behind a miniature grand piano, which came as no surprise to him, as he was somewhat aware of his captain's musical tendencies. Aside from his captain, there were two other men present in the theatre. One of them was the new third seat, Jisaku Morimoto. The other one was a captain, based on his haori. Addressing his Captain and the third seat, Tekketsu bowed and said, "Good morning, Captain Kirihara and Third seat Morimoto. I apologize for my interruption." Tekketsu then turned to the other man and silently bowed to him as well. He then stepped further inside, and stood in a corner of the theatre near its other inhabitants.

Squad 13-Divine Protectors

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff