Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reality: Resurrection!

Back to Guilds

relax with us 

Tags: contests, games, variety 

Reply 50: Halloween Quiz Contest (Halloween 2011 Resurrection Event)
Snow's answers to Halloween quiz Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

pure as snow

Fashionable Fairy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:46 pm
1. Another name for Halloween is ____Day of the Dead <3___.
2. How many bones does a skeleton have? 206 ?
3. What device is used to contact the spirits? ouija board
4. Frankenstein was written by ______. ( I know this! I'm reading it in English <33 ) Mary Shelley ( I hope you meant the 1st book not the "newer" ones made xD
5. Chocolate candy bars top the list as the most popular candy for trick or treaters. What candy bar was #1? Snickers? lol this is hard.
These post are for answering Halloween Quiz Contest heart

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:05 pm
6. The largest pumpkin pie ever made was more than five feet in diameter and weighed more than 350 pounds. It used 80 pounds of cooked pumpkin, 36 pounds of sugar, and 12 dozen eggs, and it took six hours to bake. True? lol
7. Halloween had its beginnings in an ancient, pre-Christian Celtic festival of the dead. True xD
8. All Hallows Eve is the evening before All Saints Day which is celebrated on November 1 False
9. Only one species of bat out of almost 950, drink blood. It is the Vampire Bat that lives in Central and South America. And the blood it prefers is NOT human blood, but blood of cattle and birds. True
10. El día de los muertos(Day of the Dead), a fiesta observed in Mexico and other Spanish-speaking cultures on Nov. 1 shares some of its history and roots with Halloween. mm True? I mean they are both 2 different things but do celebrate the dead spirits that come back.
11. A haunting is a kind of 'recording' of a past event on an environment, such as a house, building or a battlefield. True
12. In Ireland, it has been frequently claimed that gems and crystals possess the power to hold curses. True
13. Once a celebrated luxury ocean liner, when it ended its sailing days the Queen Mary was purchased by the city of Long Beach, California in 1967 and transformed into a hotel. The most haunted area of the ship is the engine room where a 17-year-old sailor was crushed to death trying to escape a fire.
True. lol I don't know if it still is. xD
14. Bram Stoker's novel, Dracula, published in 1897, was based loosely on the real-life Vlad Dracula (1431-1476). He was a prince who actually did live in Transylvania in the Carpathian Mountains of Romania. True
15. Trick-or-treating developed during the 1930s as a means to control young people's Halloween night pranks. True?
16. Tootsie Rolls were the first wrapped penny candy in America. True?
17. Halloween is the 2nd most commercially successful holiday, with Christmas being the first. SO True! >.> I think it's the 1st though xD lol.
18. Black cats were once believed to be witch's familiars who protected their powers. pff. True. Everyone knows that <.< >.> or maybe it's because I'm a witch xD

This is fun ^^ Thanks for killing my boredness heart
o.O Wow This just made me wonder how much I need to update my halloween knowledge xD I know nothing about candy I just eat it

pure as snow

Fashionable Fairy

pure as snow

Fashionable Fairy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:49 pm
19. Name another color in which pumpkins can be found in. White, green, red, yellow
20. Orange and black are Halloween colors. What does Orange represent? Autumn and pumpkins heart
21. What does black represent? I beilve it has to do with dark or death?
22. What are the mythical beings who defy death by sucking the blood of humans called? Vampire
23. A unibrow, hair palms, tattoos, and a long middle finger are signs that would mark a person as being what common Halloween creature? werewolf?
24. What phobia do you suffer from if you have an intense fear of Halloween?
Samhainophobia
25. The first Jack-o-Lanterns were made out of what? rutabagas, potatoes, turnips, and beets? lol there is so many where they did it.
26. If you see a spider on Halloween, what does it mean? That you have a bug promble xD but really it means someone is watching over you.
27. According to superstition, if you stare into a mirror at midnight on Halloween, what will you see? spouse?
28. What do folk traditionally "bob" for at Halloween parties? Apples. lol
29. What are male witches called? warlock
30. What is the name of the serial killer in the film "Halloween"? Micheal Myers
31. Samhainophobia is the fear of ________. Halloween DuH
32. Halloween is the day before what Christian holiday? All saints day?
33. Who sat in the pumpkin patch waiting for the Great Pumpkin in the classic "It's The Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown"? Linus ?
34. When was candy corn invented? George Renninger
35. Transylvania is a historic region in ________. Romania
36. Witches brew potions in a _________. Kettle
37. Is a pumpkin a fruit or vegetable? Fruit o.O I mean it has seeds ;.;
38. What is holy water? water that has been sanctified by a priest
39. A child who is born at a particular time of day is said to possess the ability to see ghosts. What is the time? hours of midnight and one o'clock in the morning
40. What type of cloth is worn everyday by many people to ward off potential ghostly visitations? cotton?
41. What is a khu? What Ancient Egyptians believed that a human soul was made up of five parts: the Ren, the Ba, the Ka, the Sheut, and the Ib heart heart
42. What is the name of a spirit that is supposedly born from fire, or created by crafty magicians. djinn?
43. What common household seasoning is a classic defense against evil spirits? Salt
44. What was the name of the very first werewolf movie? werewolf of London
45. Werewolf hunters believe that you can obtain sanctuary from a predatory werewolf by climbing into what kind of tree? Pine tree?
46. In addition to the word, 'lycanthrope,' what other term is most often used when referring to a werewolf? lol a hairy person or big foot. lol jk mm lycan

pfff I so did not know that ^^

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:03 pm
Edit 10/16/11
47. Did you know that it is widely believed that ghosts loathe holy water and are unable to cross any water running over ground Yes I did know that xD Although I don't see why they would I mean shouldn't they be going to heaven ^^
48. Did you know that ghosts are fond of silver? Yup. It's shiny. When I am a ghost I am going for silvers.
49. Did you know that the ancient Egyptians believed that the spirit left the body when it died, and were considered responsible for illnesses and misfortune of the deceased person's family? Yup. This nerd knows a lot from books xD * starts to read a book *
50. Did you know that the Irish would bury the corpse of a person suspected of being the victim of a vampire, face down? No I did not. Interesting, I wonder if they still do that ^^;
51. Did you know that in Italy, there is a belief that anyone born at a particular time of day is prone to become a werewolf o.O No, lol i didn't think werewolfs where born just made ^^
52. Did you know that in Argentina as late into modern times as the 20th century, the seventh male child was always thought to become a werewolf? No I did not. Ill keep that in mind now when I visit ^^
53. Did you know that for this reason, dozens of newborn children were murdered and their bodies disposed of? o.o that is crazy, no i didn't
54. Did you also know that in the 1920's, to prevent this belief from festering further, the Argentine President gave a reward to parents who preserved the life of their seventh born male child? o: no, I bet they would just do it for the reward :/
55. Did you also know that in Belgium, black cats are considered unlucky on ships? o.O no i did not. I wonder why on ships.
56. Did you know that in China, the Halloween festival is known as Teng Chieh? xD No I didn't. I thought they didn't have halloween. I need to look this up. Seems interesting
57. Did you know that until the last 20 years France didn't celebrate Halloween at all? o.O No I did not. I wonder why. Poor kids
58. Did you know that in Germany, they put away all their knives for Halloween? lol Funny. No i didn't but I think that is a good idea we should do it here
59. Did you know in Hong Kong the name for Halloween is "Yue Lan" (Festival of the Hungry Ghosts)? Nope I didn't xD

Did you know the number 4 is unlucky in China and it's also means murder xD That is why you never see any 4 numbers on the buildings of China xD heart
lol. This is fun. I like the yes and no question ^^ 2 more weeks until halloween ^^
I wonder if our answers are going to be checked ^^

pure as snow

Fashionable Fairy

pure as snow

Fashionable Fairy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:07 pm
question surprised
Wait I just answered these xD

60. What is the name given a corpse that rises from the grave at night and roams the earth searching to satisfy its insatiable thirst for blood by sucking it out of the living? Zombie
61. What is the color of spider's blood? Blue/Green Almost like human blood xD but without the green. Or maybe it is green hmm
62. What is a spider's web made of? Fibroid and sericin
63. How many eyes do most spiders have? 8 or 6

To be or not to be. That is the question ^^

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:22 pm
64. Dressing up or handing out candy? DRESSING UP! That is the best part of Halloween heart
65. Eggs or toilet paper? toilet papers. Eggs are just ew
66. Vampire or werewolf? hmm I like Vampires but because of twilight it's lame and I like werewolf because of jacob xD but they are too hairy. Soo Vampires ^^ <3 I love my pale skin
67. Snickers or Milky Way? Snickers
68. Graveyard or Cemetery? o.O Is there a different. Graveyard. It's scary ;.;
69. Ghost or Ghouls? Ghost. At least I think they are real
70. Blood or Chocolate? o.O hmm I like Chocolate to eat. Maybe when Im dead I can have blood ^^
71. Pumpkins or Turnips? Pumpkins, they are a good way to use a FAT fruit ^^
72. Spiders or Bats? Bats, my city is well known for their bats ^^
73. Witch or Warlock? Witch
74. Trick or Treating or Pranks? Treat ^^
75. Black or Orange? Black
76. Orange or Purple Purple
77. Halloween or Christmas? HELLO Halloween! Why else would I do this quiz
78. Scary or Cute? Both. I'm going to be a vampire fairy ^^
79. Candy Apples or Caramel Apples? Candy Apples, although they both give cavities :/
80. Full Moon or Crest Moon? I love how the spotlight on a full moon shines and I love how the crest moon looks so both ^^ It's my goddess because I am a water element.
81. Skeletons or Zombies Skeleton at least I won't get eaten xD
82. Ol' Halloween Night or Fright Night? Ol' Halloween Night
83. Raven or Crow Raven.
84. Witches Hat or Witches Cat? Witches Hat
85. Black Cat or Pet Cemetery Cat? Black Cat
86. Jason or Freddie? Ew none
87. Haunted House or Fun House? Haunted House ^^ As long as I am with my boyfriend biggrin heart
88. Bite Marks or Hickey? Bike Mark. Hickeys are just gross looking
89. Silver Bullets or Holy Water? Holy Water, at least I can escape from it. Unless I'm a vampire
90. Trick or Treating Around Town or In The Shops? Around Shops, it's faster
91. Crave A Pumpkin or Smash A Pumpkin? Crave a pumpkin ^^ Boo heart heart
92. Dracula or Lestat? Dracula, because he is real and not an actor xD
93. Virgin or The Mother Mary? o.O Aren't they the same person
94. Frankenstein or Lurch? Lurch. I love the movie of Adams Family
95. Weeping Willow or Whomping Tree? OMGOSH WEEPING WILLOW! They are so cool and yet creepy. They look like bleeding trees. I only heard of them in stories never seen them before
96. Magic Spells or Pixie Dust? Pixie Dust
97. Chainsaw or Knife? Knife, chainsaw is to loud, >.> I mean do you want zombies to come?
98. Book of Shadows or Holy Bible? o.O umm the Holy Bible
99. Scary Costume or Sexy Costume? Sexy Costumes
100. Candy Popcorn or Butter Popcorn? Butter Popcorn
101. Broom or Cauldron? Broom. Weeee I want to fly ^^
102. Midnight or Midday? Midnight ^^ or midday biggrin I will be wake at those times MUAHAHA
103. Burned At The Stake or Holy Water? Holy Water biggrin I mean you can run out of it ^^
104. Trick or Treat?! Treat! Yum

YAY! I did it to 104. *parties* ^^ I'm going to paint my face skull like for the day of the dead biggrin  

pure as snow

Fashionable Fairy

pure as snow

Fashionable Fairy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:27 pm
105. Bobbing for __apples_____
106. Little girls like to put on a crown and dress up like a ____princess____.
107. To make a Jack o'Lantern you need to carve a face on a __pumpkin_____.
108. A __vampire_____ costume is scary because he wears fangs.
109. It's fun, but a little scary to go into the Haunted ___House__ on Halloween.
110. You can dress up like a __devil____ on Halloween and wear red horns and a tail.
111. Witches love to fly around on a __Broom___.
112. Witches brew potions in a ___kettle____.
113. Kids love to get ___Candy!__ when they go "trick or treating"
114. Put a light in the __Jack o'Lantern_____ to light up its face.
115. Beware of a _Black____ cat crossing your path! They say it's bad luck.
116. 'Casper the friendly _ghost____.'

I will be sad when October is over ;.; heart heart heart heart  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:44 pm
117. Witches are commonly known to have this skin problem. wrinkled skin and pimples?
118. Werewolves are known to come out at what time? Full moon
119. Monsters with one eye are known as what? Cyclops
120. Edgar Allen Poe wrote a poem with a dark mood about which bird? The Raven, oh my gosh I remember that story in middle school, I really didn't understand it but know I really appreciate it ^^
121. Ghosts that do pranks are known as what? poltergeists.
122. Bodies that are wrapped in cloth and stored in tombs are known as what? mummy ^^
123. What is the purpose of a witch's familiar?
124. Vampires are known to dislike the smell of which vegetable? Garlic
125. According to superstition, what does it mean if you see a spider on Halloween? Love one is watching you
126.According to another Halloween superstition, what should you do if you want to see a witch? You break a branch, doesn't remember what type ^^;
127. Legend has it that if a girl wants to see or dream of her future husband, on Halloween night she must do what? carry a broken egg in a glass
128. According to superstition, on Halloween night owls would swoop down and feast on the souls of the dying. How could you protect yourself from hungry owls? Turn your pockets out, and leave them hanging. Sew a penny in your sleeve, or walk around your house three times backwards? o.O
129. It was believed that on Halloween, spirits and other evil creatures roamed the earth. How could you protect yourself from evil? Dress up
130. Which country celebrates the Day of the Dead starting at midnight Oct. 31? Ireland, Germany, Mexico or China?
131. The ancient Celts began the tradition of wearing masks and costumes on Halloween. Why? To trick evil spirits, to avoid being recognized to honor the dead, or just for fun
132. According to superstition, what purpose does the jack o'lantern serve? To keep jack away or to find his way xD I don't remember
133. How did Trick-or-Treat originate? Scotland is recorded in 1895, where masqueraders in disguise carrying lanterns made out of scooped out turnips, visit homes to be rewarded with cakes, fruit and money
134. The 1978 “Halloween” movie was made in how many days? 21 days
135. How many "witches" were burned at the stake in the Salem With Trial? NONE! Duh! They were all hanged. lol If you seen the Crucible or read it. It never never said burn
136. What is the name given to a group of witches? Coven
137. What famous horror movie character is the most filmed character of all time? Dracula muahahaa
138. At the end of "It's The Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown" who is to be the Great Pumpkin? Snoopy lol
139. From which movie came the line, 'A census taker once tried to test me. I ate his liver, with some fava beans and a nice chianti.'? The Silence of the Lambs >.> I hate that movie...
140. Who was the only actor ever to play each of the following characters: Dracula, The Wolfman, Frankenstein and The Mummy? pff I'm going to say Christopher Lee because he is an amazing male actor ( even for being old ) plus he makes THE BEST VILLIAN characters <33 heart
FYI: If you have european history classes ^^ like I do. Keep an eye out for Christopher Lee he plays in history stories xD Which I didn't even know because he looks so different!

Fun Fact About Myself: I was born 300 years after the Salem Witch Trials.
lol and my birth-date is 30 of Oct xD heart I knew my birthday meant something ^^

pure as snow

Fashionable Fairy

pure as snow

Fashionable Fairy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:00 am
141. Place the names of each of 7 members of the Addams Family in separate posts.

1. Gomez  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:01 am
141. Place the names of each of 7 members of the Addams Family in separate posts.

2. Morticia  

pure as snow

Fashionable Fairy

pure as snow

Fashionable Fairy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:01 am

3.Uncle Fester  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:03 am

4. Lurch  

pure as snow

Fashionable Fairy

pure as snow

Fashionable Fairy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:04 am

5. I don't know if you would count Grandma ^^ or The Thing ^^  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:07 am

6. Wednesday  

pure as snow

Fashionable Fairy

pure as snow

Fashionable Fairy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:08 am
141. Place the names of each of 7 members of the Addams Family in separate posts. heart

7. Pugsley  
50: Halloween Quiz Contest (Halloween 2011 Resurrection Event)

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games