Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
sewing in public Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

curli

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 5:32 pm
So, my friend's a big teddy bear maker, and often times she brings her hand-stiching work to school and does some while eating lunch. I thought it was a really cool idea and so I've started to do so myself.

The only downside, she told me, is sewing on the bus. The bumpy ride can cause some unexpected stabs....

So, have any of you ever sewn in public? Did you like it?  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 9:31 pm
I can like sewing in public. Well atleast with friends. I can even prefer it sometimes. The sewing keeps my hands busy, my friends keep my mind busy. When I roleplay I'll sometimes take along my crochette or a small hand sew project, like a bag or scarf. Usually there a time crunch involved, like halloween or a wedding to attend and I need the garment or accessory usually the next day . sweatdrop  

Moira Nazumi

curli

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 3:41 pm
That's cool! I have another friend that's constantly knitting. In class, at lunch, anywhere. She's just always knitting something.

As for me, I only knit a little bit, so I don't bring any of that in public. i like sewing in public though. Especially when I'm going to my grand mothers, because it can get pretty dull and sewing keeps me occupied. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 7:23 pm
most of the sewing I do I do with a sewing machine,
so I cant really lug that around everywere with me

but I also do all of my cutting out on the front verandah, cos it has the only table large enough and clean enough
so at night when I have the light on anybody walking past can see me plain as day struggling with fabrics and my cat who has a likeing to sitting on fabrics  

I be me
Vice Captain

Torisami

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 9:21 am
sometimes i knot in public but once my step-mom got mad at me for not doing "teenager things". so i don't knit around her anymore xp  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 5:16 pm
Wow, my mom never got mad at me for knitting in public. I've gotten weird looks from strangers before, but never real scolding.  

curli

Talena6669

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 5:42 pm
I knit in between classes and at my knitting group. I've also done a little sewing on a train to a convention putting a few last touch on a costume, but thats about it.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 6:00 pm
I've just started knitting quite a lot, but I'm not that good at it that I don't have to look at it pretty much all the time. I think my boyfriend gets a little annoyed sometimes when we're sitting around the same room and I'm just concentrating and looking down. smile
Any sewing I've done lately has been on the machine, so it's staying at home.  

cryahp

Squirrel of Doom

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 1:16 am
I'm not too hot with the old hand sewing, so I usually use my machine but I knit lots, I'm too scared to knit in public, I think the funny looks would get to me too much!  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 7:38 am
Squirrel of Doom
I'm not too hot with the old hand sewing, so I usually use my machine but I knit lots, I'm too scared to knit in public, I think the funny looks would get to me too much!

This is just to say I love your sig piccy. What a beautiful rattie smile I love that wing idea....mine would never allow it wink  

Moira Nazumi

I be me
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 2:53 pm
Squirrel of Doom
I am HORRIBLE with handsewing
I had to hand sew the underside of my ears and kind of pulled it out of shape a little
its barely noticable, but still, its there and I know its there

and your rattie picture is very cute
I assume its photoshoped cos my ratties wouldn't let me stick wings to them, nomatter how many ricebubbles I bribed them with  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 9:30 am
Squirrel of Doom
It is indeed Photoshopped, I think I'd get more than a few bites and scratches if I tried to stick wings to them! However, I am holding out for the day when someone develops some sort of rat/bird hybrid, I would buy winged rats! blaugh
hey
theres a use for genetic modifacation I bet nobody has thaught of
Ooooh
I want a winged frog!
and a bunnycat!  

Squirrel of Doom

I be me
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 5:12 pm
Squirrel of Doom
Squirrel of Doom
It is indeed Photoshopped, I think I'd get more than a few bites and scratches if I tried to stick wings to them! However, I am holding out for the day when someone develops some sort of rat/bird hybrid, I would buy winged rats! blaugh
hey
Ooooh
I want a winged frog!
and a bunnycat!
WHAT THE HELL!
I said that
why is it in your post!

I musta pushed the edit button instead of the quote button rolleyes  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 5:15 pm
I be me
Squirrel of Doom
Squirrel of Doom
hey
Ooooh
I want a winged frog!
and a bunnycat!
WHAT THE HELL!
I said that
why is it in your post!

I know that feeling. I've done that in my own guild about a million times. It's kind of entertaining though.  

curli

Squirrel of Doom

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 9:10 am
I be me
Squirrel of Doom
Squirrel of Doom
hey
Ooooh
I want a winged frog!
and a bunnycat!
WHAT THE HELL!
I said that
why is it in your post!

I was very very very confused for a minute there! I didn't remember typing that!  
Craftin'

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff