Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sims Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for all things Sims created by Maxis/EA. 

Tags: simulation, god games, story telling, custom, Sims 

Reply The Sims Guild
How much custom content do you have in your Sims/Sims2 Game? Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SkittlesxP

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 9:00 am
Me, myself...well when I opened one of my games it was like a big... BANG! It almost gave me a noose bleed how much custom content I have in my sim2 game. @w@

So any way... I was wondering how much other people have in their game! surprised  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 11:09 am
You know... I don't really know... It's a lot, but not as much as some other people.

I like getting clothes for the girl sims. ANd for a short while, I was into getting furniture. whee  

Banana-nana

SkittlesxP

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 12:04 pm
Banana-nana
You know... I don't really know... It's a lot, but not as much as some other people.

I like getting clothes for the girl sims. ANd for a short while, I was into getting furniture. whee
Same here I love getting the furiture...I 'm kinda thinking of making my own story but i am still working out the kinks.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 12:38 pm
I have more custom hair than I realized. I deleted a lot of it. xD I don't have any custom furniture, not even maxis made, because of that annoying "Do you want to enable content?" window that comes up everytime I start the game. So I figure, if it's gonna lag, unistall stuff I don't love.

xD But I have a lot of stuff that I do love still on there.

aMus

Banana-nana

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 5:38 pm
aMus
I have more custom hair than I realized. I deleted a lot of it. xD I don't have any custom furniture, not even maxis made, because of that annoying "Do you want to enable content?" window that comes up everytime I start the game. So I figure, if it's gonna lag, unistall stuff I don't love.

Slightly off topic... but your avy = hot for pixels. xd

And I never get that "enable content" question. O_o

I love to get the custom furniture when I can get whole sets, especially new meshes, because it lets me make the place more my own. Sometimes at The Sims Resource there are free sets, and I scoup them up.

I got this charming country kitchen set with overhead cubbords, a knife set for the counter, a pretty dish cuboard, and some little side tables with fruits. It was a truely beautiful and creative mesh!  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 6:50 pm
aMus

you know, there is a way to get ridof that box
just go into options <(one of the buttons)< top box says something relating to 'custom content'  

kara_neko

SkittlesxP

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 9:59 pm
kara_neko
aMus

you know, there is a way to get ridof that box
just go into options <(one of the buttons)< top box says something relating to 'custom content'
What he said. xD  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 11:56 am
... i have about 8000 downloaded new mesh/recolor files in my dl folder. that's not including the hundreds of wall papers, floors, clothing, hair, acessories, and makeup that I've accumulated either, cause I delete the installation files after I load them up... so I really have no idea.... probably over 10,000 total... and yes it takes forever to load. I'm hoping that either a future ep or maybe a future sims3 or something, will have a better organization system for custom content. It gets so confusing with so manny items! takes me forever to find what I'm looking for!

This snap shot was taken a couple of months ago (BEFORE I had a paid subscription to TSR, so you can imagine what it'd be like now!!!)
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
this was every style and recolor of chair and bed I had and they completely covered a 5x6 lot! eek  

amandapace7

Spoilt_lil_missy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 2:37 pm
I don't have much custom furniture, well, a silver and pink pool table. I have a few custom cars, a very cool Harley from ModtheSims2 but I have LOADS of hair and clothes. I love female hair, I love hair for Male sims as well but it's harder to find. And I love female clothes, I have so much now that it takes ages for me to go through a wardrobe in CAS and get to the actual Sim clothing...not that I mind.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 10:33 am
amandapace7
... i have about 8000 downloaded new mesh/recolor files in my dl folder. that's not including the hundreds of wall papers, floors, clothing, hair, acessories, and makeup that I've accumulated either, cause I delete the installation files after I load them up... so I really have no idea.... probably over 10,000 total... and yes it takes forever to load. I'm hoping that either a future ep or maybe a future sims3 or something, will have a better organization system for custom content. It gets so confusing with so manny items! takes me forever to find what I'm looking for!

This snap shot was taken a couple of months ago (BEFORE I had a paid subscription to TSR, so you can imagine what it'd be like now!!!)
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
this was every style and recolor of chair and bed I had and they completely covered a 5x6 lot! eek
thats alot! surprised  

SkittlesxP

amandapace7

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 12:00 pm
yeah... it is a lot. I'm trying to go through all of it and put them into collection folders cause it just takes so long to dig through it to find what I'm looking for! That's the only drawback of having so many options!  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 9:46 am
let me quote one of the dudes who work at Maxis

Maxis' Hunter Howe
It depends on how much your computer can hold
which basicly means- infinante just so long as it doesn't fill up your hard drive or slow down your game 3nodding that should answer your question  

Zwiebelsaft!

kara_neko

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 6:28 pm
wouldn't it be absolutely amazing if maxis would automatically send all downloads to EAgamesit must be done! i am so sick of that process!

(btw, i have about...4,000 meshes + recolours &such downloads for my game)  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 10:09 pm
Most of my game is custom.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  

MaTtHeW240

MaTtHeW240

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 10:09 pm
can some1 tell me how to put up a pic for all to see?  
The Sims Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff