Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)
Your Dreams Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Will you take my quiz?
  yes
  no
View Results

Musical_Vampire_Socks

27,300 Points
  • The Sweetest 250
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Converting 100 items 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:40 pm
My Dream Quiz,
I want to know about your dreams I have always been rather curious about people and their dreams what they dream about how are their dreams different from mine and others?
So I made a quiz to learn more about dreams and how other people experience them.
You only have a reply to whichever questions you feel comfortable with if any at all.
Either way I hope you find my questions thought provoking and maybe even a little useful in determining how you feel about your own dreams.
Thank You.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dream Quiz Questions:

1. Are your dreams in black and white or color?

2. When you are dreaming are you often male, female or do you not know?

3. Do you have nightmares? And if so what is the scariest nightmare you have ever remember having?

4. When having a dream are you always human? Or are you sometimes an animal or something else?

5. Do you have lucid dreams where you have control of them and can change your dream?
Or when you have a dream are you just along for the ride?

6. Is there anything that is a common factor in your dreams? Like normally have a special ability in each of your dreams? It’s always a certain season in your dreams or something like that? Or is it most the time fully different?

7. Are you interested in or ever looked into dream interpretation? Do you think that any of your dreams have been prolific or had deeper meanings about your life?

8. How do you compare day dreaming to dreaming when you are a sleep? Would you say they are very different in your mind or are they in many ways similar?

9. What is the first dream you ever remember having? And/or what is the most meaningful dream you have ever had?

10. How important are dreams to you? Are they just something that happens some nights? Or is it something you look forward to and enjoy?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
you might see this quiz a couple places since I will be posting it in more the one guild hoping to get more responses, I thought I would let you know just so you would be aware, I'm sorry if this might cause any kind of confusion or annoyance  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:52 am
1. Color

2. Male

3. I have common nightmares, the most prominent being the one where my grandmother burns me alive.

4. I'm usually human, though the raven can be found in my dreams.

5. I sometimes have lucid dreams, but I never realize I am dreaming, so I have no effect.

6. The common denominators are always the raven and that it is night, I can never see the sun or the moon.

7. I don't have time to learn about the things I already plan to study, one more would be a bit much. I hope my dreams have no meaning, but there's never a way to know.

8. In a day dream, I'm in control, I make that world. A dream is one I just... fall into.

9. The first dream I remember is this: I'm being chased down the street, by what, I don't know. All I know is, I'm scared. When I get to the house, I see an indestict shape coming toward me from inside the house.Everything gets darker and the sun starts to fade. Then, a raven flies through an open window, and I wake up, feeling safe and relaxed, despite the state of fear in my dream. This was the first time I've seen the raven in my dreams.

10. Thats a complicated question. I don't always have dreams, and most nights I forget them. But the ones I do remember always bring peace, even the nightmares. I can't explain it.  

Dr. H. Lecter

Dangerous Prophet

7,800 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Member 100

Musical_Vampire_Socks

27,300 Points
  • The Sweetest 250
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Converting 100 items 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:37 pm
1. some are in black & white and other color.

2. I often don't know what gender i am in a dream, but sometimes I do know and sometimes I'm male and other times female or my gender will change during different parts of the dream.

3.i do have nightmares and the scariest i remember having is when i dreamed that burgles came into the house shot my parents and then came upstairs for me but since I have a lock on my door it was taking them sometime to get in so I hide in my closet and tried to hide and when I woke up I thought it might really happen so I slept the rest of the night in the closet

4. most times i'm human but sometimes I just feel like a spirit just traveling around

5. i would say its half and half sometimes I'm just around for the ride but other times I feel I can determine where the dream goes next

6. in most my dreams i seem to have the ability to float/glide and my dreams aren't so much images as feels and just knowing things like where I am and what is happening i don't so much visualize what I dream

7. i don't think any off my dreams have predicted the future but sometimes I do feel like they can relate to how I'm feeling about my life currently on a more subconscious level so emotions are being expressed like the ones I have been feeling most of that day or that week but just in a different way because now I'm sleeping and not awake

8. i would compare my day dreams much like lucid dreaming to me
when i day dream i can sometimes fall deep in thought and someone can be talking or waving at me but i won't really notice it or acknowledge like i normally would cause my mind is off somewhere else

9. the first dream i remember having is when i was five years old i had a black and white nightmare about an alligator eating my whole family and then me
i had never really experienced a nightmare like it before and so when that young i didn't really know/understand what it was so that is why i think i remember it so well after i woke up i went and crawled into bed with my mother cause it was so frightening to me

10. i like dreaming, i like to know that my mind is still awake and in a way doing something even if i'm just laying their sleeping it organizing and backing up my memory's of that day and in a way communicating with me at the same time i like to have strange or happy dreams and just waking up like whoa that was cool how did my mind think that up, etc.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:40 pm
1. Are your dreams in black and white or color? Usually color, rarely in black and white.

2. When you are dreaming are you often male, female or do you not know? Female

3. Do you have nightmares? And if so what is the scariest nightmare you have ever remember having? I have frequent nightmares, although not as much as I used to. The scariest one I've had was about being alone in a house and being chased by this creature that was sort of human-like, but looked and moved more like an animal. It followed me outside when I escaped the house, and started tearing into me under a swing-set. I could feel the pain, every bit of it.

4. When having a dream are you always human? Or are you sometimes an animal or something else? Always human.

5. Do you have lucid dreams where you have control of them and can change your dream?
Or when you have a dream are you just along for the ride? I rarely have lucid dreams, usually I don't have any control over them. Only a few times have I been able to control what happens in my dream.

6. Is there anything that is a common factor in your dreams? Like normally have a special ability in each of your dreams? It’s always a certain season in your dreams or something like that? I do have a couple common factors in my dreams. I dream about my significant other a lot as well as being chased, hurt or killed in my nightmares.

7. Are you interested in or ever looked into dream interpretation? Do you think that any of your dreams have been prolific or had deeper meanings about your life? I looked into dream interpretation once a very long time ago, I'm interested in finding out more. I think that my nightmares are my mind's way of dealing with stress and maybe remembering past events where I have felt less than safe.

8. How do you compare day dreaming to dreaming when you are a sleep? Would you say they are very different in your mind or are they in many ways similar? I love day dreaming, and I love dreaming. I usually day dream until I fall asleep, trying to dream about a certain thing or someone. I would say they're closely related, but I can't control anything in my dreams like I could in my day dreams.

9. What is the first dream you ever remember having? And/or what is the most meaningful dream you have ever had? The first dream I remember having was something about pink dolls, I don't remember much of anything about it though. I don't think I could just pick one meaningful dream.

10. How important are dreams to you? Are they just something that happens some nights? Or is it something you look forward to and enjoy? Dreams are pretty important to me. I love the dreams I have of my significant other, and enjoy them. Dreaming about fun things and loves ones is always awesome. I'm also more appreciative of the good dreams that I do have I think, since I seem to have so many nightmares.  

xMoonlitShadowsx

Romantic Vampire

5,950 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Bunny Spotter 50

the dead poet

5,100 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 2:31 am
1. Color

2. Female

3. Yes, they're normally very gruesome gory horrific and extremely detailed.. when I have them I will often avoid sleep

4. Most of the time human though now and then I'll have antlers, a tail or wings..

5. Normally I'm unable to change my dream

6. In all my dreams everything is a realistic as everyday life is

7. Yes, often I'll try to figure out what my dreams are trying to tell me..

8. Day dreaming with me usually is just thoughts rambling.. or wishful thinking

9. Unable to currently recall one :/

10. They'll usually something that just happens when I sleep ..though when I wake up I tend to dwell on them as I try to figure out they're thus giving them importance  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:32 am
1. Colour.

2. I think I'm female - I 've had no reason to think otherwise so far.

3. I've not have nightmares for years - but I remember having a nightmare about corpses once.

4. I'm usually human - I can't remember if I haven't been.

5. I'm just along for the ride most of the time.

6. I only occasionally have re-occurring dreams, but other than that each dream has different elements to it.

7. I sometimes wonder what my dreams mean but I've never really looked into it.

8. Day dreaming I can control to a certain extent what the outcomes will be, when I am asleep I have no control.

9. The first dream I remember having was that I got into my dad's car and it started driving off, somewhere during the dream it changed into my mum's car and it drove me back home after I think a week or something. As for meaningful dreams, there are none that I can think of.

10. There are some nights were I don't really bother with worrying about my dreams and there are some nights when I do look forward to what my dreams will bring.  

iKillCaustic

Ruthless Hunter

18,040 Points
  • Novice Mage 100
  • Nostalgic Scrapbooker 50
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Venra Axel Prey

Wealthy Werewolf

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:12 pm
1. Are your dreams in black and white or color? Always in colour. Usually also very vivid.

2. When you are dreaming are you often male, female or do you not know? Usually female, though I've been male at least once. I was a lion once, if that is at all relevant.

3. Do you have nightmares? And if so what is the scariest nightmare you have ever remember having? Frequently. The worst one would have to be the one where everything was flooded and zombie orcas were eating people. I realize it sounds silly, but it was so vivid I know have an extreme fear of water and orcas.

4. When having a dream are you always human? Or are you sometimes an animal or something else? Usually human, but in this one I was a lioness in the savannahs...it was strange.

Or when you have a dream are you just along for the ride? Whenever I am lucid I always wake myself up and reget it later -_- so I try to just go along for the ride

6. Is there anything that is a common factor in your dreams? Like normally have a special ability in each of your dreams? It’s always a certain season in your dreams or something like that? Or is it most the time fully different? Usually something bad happens.

7. Are you interested in or ever looked into dream interpretation? Do you think that any of your dreams have been prolific or had deeper meanings about your life? All of my prophetic dreams have been about silly things--someone will wear this shirt, I will have a sustitute teacher, there will be pizza for lunch, ect. I have had a few that I went 'Wow, that was what that meant...' though I can't remember an example now.

8. How do you compare day dreaming to dreaming when you are a sleep? Would you say they are very different in your mind or are they in many ways similar? Actually sleeping during daylight hours usually gives me more vivid, easy to remember dreams. 'Daydreaming' I can't really do...I sort of do I guess, but I am completely in control and not really asleep so I dont think it counts :/

9. What is the first dream you ever remember having? And/or what is the most meaningful dream you have ever had? When I was about three I had a dream where that thing from the famous painting 'scream' was made of eggs and tried to kill me. Most meaningful? Hmmm...There was one where it was me climbing up a rickety wooden ladder to this place in the sky, suspended between the sides of a deep gorge/valley thing. A friend of mine was climbin up the side on the other end of the gorge, and when my ladder broke I saw him falling as I did...Not sure what it means even years later, but it felt meaningful.

10. How important are dreams to you? Are they just something that happens some nights? Or is it something you look forward to and enjoy? I don't remember them often, but I wish I did. I like trying to figue out what they mean.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:15 pm
Oh, and when I was little I used to dream I was a pokemon or pokemon trainer :/
If I was a pokemon it was usually Houndoom.  

Venra Axel Prey

Wealthy Werewolf

User 27225319

Anxious Fairy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:20 am
Color
Female, Im usually me in my dreams
3. Do you have nightmares? And if so what is the scariest nightmare you have ever remember having?
Yes, i don't know about scariest but ive had some pretty terrifying ones
4. When having a dream are you always human? Or are you sometimes an animal or something else?
Human, usually. Sometimes im a human with super powers and such
Ive never had a lucid dream :/
6. Is there anything that is a common factor in your dreams? Like normally have a special ability in each of your dreams? It’s always a certain season in your dreams or something like that? Or is it most the time fully different?
They are usually totally different
7. Are you interested in or ever looked into dream interpretation? Do you think that any of your dreams have been prolific or had deeper meanings about your life?
Ive looked into it before but i don't think it really means anything. I usually dream about what i was thinking about before i fell asleep
8. How do you compare day dreaming to dreaming when you are a sleep? Would you say they are very different in your mind or are they in many ways similar?
I'd say they have some similarities and some differences
9. What is the first dream you ever remember having? And/or what is the most meaningful dream you have ever had?
First(that i remember), I was at a burnt down school and evil midgets dressed as nurses lived in the garage. Meaningful, I don't know my dreams are always crazy and random, not very meaningful
10. How important are dreams to you? Are they just something that happens some nights? Or is it something you look forward to and enjoy?
I love dreaming! I think its so much fun, even the stressful ones. I like waking up in the morning and remembering my dreams.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:43 pm
1. Color

2. Mostly male

3. Being attacked by colorful robots in my school parking lot. I cried for help but the people right there just stood there looking concerned... >: (

4. Mostly human. But once I was a dog.

5. Sometimes I'll lucid dream, but more than often I just dream with no control.

6. Half the time to really often my two best friends would occur in my dream.

7. Yes to all questions

8. Very different. Day dreaming is all about food and friends, dreams are just random.

9. My first dream I remember was a nightmare I had that I had very often when I was little. It was a rhombus shape that was everywhere I saw. When I closed my eyes, hid, and opened my eyes. When I woke up my eyes would still be groggy so I would see the rhombus pattern in real life when I closed my eyes and opened them. It would wear off when I told my sister to beat up the 'monsters'. I don't have meaningful dreams at all. Every one has something silly in it.

10. Yes. I look forward to remembering my dreams, but not really to the dream its self.  

BlizzardAndTwo

necrofade

Romantic Shapeshifter

7,250 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:38 pm
Both color and Black&White
Mostly Female but on RARE occasions, male
Ohhh yes. 2 honestly. The first was I was in this shower trying to plug something into a surge protector. after getting it plugged in I realized water was falling all around me. I accidentally drop it into the water and the shock makes me fall into water that fills over my head. I can't move and I can FEEL the shock running through my body. The second Is where i am being chased but cannot scream, I have no voice and cant see because my sight has hazed into nothing but what I can see from my peripherals.
Always human, though human with something odd about my form occasionally.
I've never had a lucid dream in my life.
almost every dream is different. Though i've noticed over the years my dreams have made my own little town. i've gone there a few times, always with months between, but I start to recognize it and add to it.
i'm curious, occasionally I feel they might mean more than just what I dream. I'm not an oracle, i've no claim to that, but my dreams will have a theme or key moment/thing that ties to something later that day. Simple as seeing a baby in my dream and hearing about a friends relative going into labor.
Very different. I don't really recognize day dreaming because its TOTALLY in my control but actual dreaming is not.
They are one and the same. I was at a carnival and was lost and scared, alot younger than i am now in RL but in the dream old enough. A young man i remember feeling totally safe with found me and started leading me out. any time i was threatened he would scare off the danger. Even picked me up and carried me at one point. At no time did I ever hear his voice or see his face, but I knew he was something special to me. Meeting my now fiance years later, i think they were one and the same.
I look forward to them, they are my second reality I sometimes think.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 12:27 am
1. Color

2. Female most often. Sometimes I can't tell. Rarely am I male.

3. I have nightmares occasionally. The scariest would be either the ones where someone is going to kill me, or when I'm alone but can hear voices and know people are after me.

4. Generally, I'm human. I think I've been animals on occasion. But rarely.

5. When I dream, sometimes, I know that I am dreaming, and can rationalize such, but I've never been able to change the scenery or whatnot. Most of the time, I'm along for the ride.

6. My dreams are sporadic. The only thing that seems to be common enough to say it's common, is that I tend to do a lot of flying in my dreams. Or running, from people that mean to harm me.

7. Yes, I'm interested. Yes, I've looked into it. Sometimes, I can see future events. Again, very rarely does this happen. Most times, the only special meanings I have, is even though i may not see the person clearly, I know exactly who I'm dreaming about.

8. Day dreams and Sleeping in Dreams are extremely different for me. My daydreams are not vivid as my sleeping dreams.

9. I honestly don't remember. And I think the most meaningful dreams I have, are the ones when I'm talking to people that have died, or when I'm dreaming about someone I talk to regularly and they say things out of the ordinary.

10. My dreams are extremely important to me. They don't happen all the time, but I wish they would. They're very precious to me.  

StellaLuna SkyWind

Devoted Wife

15,225 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Pie Enabler 100

Erise Crewe

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 12:51 am
My dreams are on such crack, I don't think they have any real meaning sometimes. But moving on...

color

don't know my dreams change perspectives a lot- sometimes I'm an onlooker, sometime's I'm a character.. usually I'm female/myself once I dreamt i was a sim (like from the video game, green crystal and all) gonk

yes I have a hard time remembering my dreams... I know I've had really scary ones though.. I've had dreams of being shot in the head, but for some reason I was not really scared eek

almost always human

not lucid I've never been able to control my dreams. usually I don't even know I'm dreaming, everything in a dream no matter how ridiculous feels real to me at the time

no common factor I have a hard time remembering my dreams, but sometimes I'll dream up a place and have recurring dreams. Like in my dreams, my boyfriend lives across the street in a field. In reality he lives a 10 hour drive away. But I've had several dreams with that same setting- where he lived a street away in a 2 story white wooden house

yes but my dreams are incredibly random. The weirdest one was where a ratman tried to rape me in my home and I threw him down the stairs from the top floor. In the dream it was actually a mutated man rat sweatdrop

daydreams are more sane my sleep dreams are hard to remember and incredibly random. My day dreams involve my ambitions, fantasies, good memories, etc.

do not remember the majority of my dreams Most meaningful dream... One of the ones I remember most was when I was an adolescent and I was suffering from unrequited love. I dreamt that the guy called me and told me he wanted to be together. It was very convincing. I woke up disappointed. I don't know why I still remember this, we have since been together and broken up. I'm now happily involved with someone else

moderately important, rare, not sure Sometimes I wonder if my dreams have a deeper meaning. It is very rare for me to remember a dream, usually a strong emotion is attached to it for me to remember it at all. Sometimes I look forward to it, other times there is a lot of fear in some of the nightmares. I don't remember any of the details, only a feeling that there are dreams that have been unpleasant.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:05 am
Dream Quiz Questions:

always color

I always know what gender I am, but my gender changes depending on the dream, sometimes I'm characters from tv or movies, sometimes random made up people.

Often, I witnessed a man rape my sister. I dunno if that was the worst, but it stands out when I read that.

I've had dreams where I was a ghost, or human with superpowers. (I read a lot of comics)

sometimes they are lucid, but when i realize I am dreaming I either wake up, or everything starts getting weird fast- and in a bad way. Kinda like a bad drug trip.

I often dream I have some kind of ability, usually flying, but no matter what the ability is It's hard to use and becomes harder to use the more I use it.
>> I also dream of having sex a lot. Like a LOT a lot. xp
and sometimes those two are combined... (you asked...)

sometimes yes. But mine seem more obvious, not much interpretation needed. If I dream I'm making out with a friend, then I assume I must have a crush on that friend.

Basically the same with one difference, my day dreams are much more vivid and 'story line' is more continuous. Normal dreams I find I jump around a lot from dream to dream.

First one is a nightmare I use to have as a kid where I'm running barefoot on a wooden street, I trip on a nail and all the skin on my body is ripped off.

I don't think I have a particularly meaningful one.

I actually really enjoy and look forward to dreaming Sometimes really cool stuff happens in them  

Vlad T

Dapper Cultist

MaeveAisling

6,900 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Consumer 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:38 pm
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dream Quiz Questions:

color.
I do not know.
3. Do you have nightmares? And if so what is the scariest nightmare you have ever remember having? I remember having a nightmare about a woman and when I woke up I knew I was awake I saw her.

Or when you have a dream are you just along for the ride?I am just along for the ride.

It's always different.

7. Are you interested in or ever looked into dream interpretation? Do you think that any of your dreams have been prolific or had deeper meanings about your life? Yes I have looked into dream interpretation they have had deeper meanings in my life.

8. How do you compare day dreaming to dreaming when you are a sleep? Would you say they are very different in your mind or are they in many ways similar? I can't say I've day dreamed before.

9. What is the first dream you ever remember having? And/or what is the most meaningful dream you have ever had? Well I remember actually having a violent dream of bloody Mary killing all my friends except my Bestie and me.

10. How important are dreams to you? Are they just something that happens some nights? Or is it something you look forward to and enjoy? They are very important to me they are basically what my subconscious wants to tell me.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games