Start a new GGE?
  Yes
  No, because reasons.
View Results

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:18 pm
So what do you guys think? Should I start up a new GGE guild so that we can have full administrative control over the GGE once more? The reasons for 'yes' are obvious, I think, but if you vote 'no', please explain why. All points of view will be taken into account, and I'm genuinely interested to hear some feedback.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 7:37 pm
Well I stated my reasons for no. I am a sentimental fool and I want to keep this guild. This guild is 4 years old with almost 46,000 posts and that was all us. I had a lot of good memories of this place even if it is a digital location rather than a physical one. Besides, as Fres mentioned in another thread we need to focus more on activity. I've been in guilds before that have closed down and opened a v2 or v3 of the guild. For maybe a week we get good activity then the new guild dies. I would rather we just recruit new people here.

The only practical reason I agree on where we need a new guild is just to change the guild banner and sending out guild announcements. As Fres also mentioned subforums are a waste of money and space. They don't really get used.  

Das Rabble Rouser

Invisible Phantom

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:37 pm
Das Rabble Rouser
I've been in guilds before that have closed down and opened a v2 or v3 of the guild. For maybe a week we get good activity then the new guild dies.
This is another good point. I've seen this happen a few times before as well. While I like to think that we would be different, I can't say for certain that we would be.

And while I agree on the sentimentality thing, I personally wouldn't let that alone be the deciding factor, because I think we'd all like for someone to have the ability to change the banner and front page, and send out announcements.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:40 am
We should try to talk to some site admins and see if they can help us.  

Buki_Actual

9,050 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Generous 100
  • Signature Look 250

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:21 am
Capt Buckner CTO
We should try to talk to some site admins and see if they can help us.
I think this has been done. The answer was that we need to get Freak to prove he's Freak and then they'll talk, but nobody's seen Freak in months and nobody knows how to get ahold of him.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:48 am
Fresnel
Das Rabble Rouser
I've been in guilds before that have closed down and opened a v2 or v3 of the guild. For maybe a week we get good activity then the new guild dies.
This is another good point. I've seen this happen a few times before as well. While I like to think that we would be different, I can't say for certain that we would be.

And while I agree on the sentimentality thing, I personally wouldn't let that alone be the deciding factor, because I think we'd all like for someone to have the ability to change the banner and front page, and send out announcements.
Every time we made a v2 guild I told myself we would be prosperous this time and make a lot more posts. After that first week or two it's dead again. If we make a mass migration I'm guessing less than 20 people would actually move to the new guild.

Changing the banner and sending out announcements would be nice and really those are the only real reasons to make a new guild that I can think of. I just don't think we will get enough new activity and new members to actually make it worth our time.

And like I said before my sentimental feelings alone aren't the only point I am making.  

Das Rabble Rouser

Invisible Phantom

Das Rabble Rouser

Invisible Phantom

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:00 am
If we DO make a GGE 2.0 I vote Ivan Chesnokov to be the guild captain. It will be awesome and funny. biggrin

And for those who don't know that is a mule account I made. If you want Fresnel to be the new captain I'm pretty sure he has the password to that account too.

Fres should at least be VC. I vote that Armas, Buckner, and myself also be VC since we're the oldest guild members that are still active. Also if we make a new guild there I think shouldn't be any subforums since they don't really get used unless you're in a guild that forces people to use the sub forums rather than the main which is a pretty stupid idea. The subforums just clutter the place.

That's just what I think though.

EDIT: Also if we make a new GGE I ask that Fres not delete everything in this guild. There are a lot of times I remember we did something in this guild and I like to search through the old threads for a specific picture or link. I know you do this too Fres so I'm guessing you wouldn't want to either. Still I'm just mentioning this just in case. It's the lazy way to get s**t done anyway. biggrin Seriously half the guilds I've been in that make a 2.0 will delete everything from the old guild which is a lot of pointless work.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:19 pm
Das Rabble Rouser
If we DO make a GGE 2.0 I vote Ivan Chesnokov to be the guild captain. It will be awesome and funny. biggrin

And for those who don't know that is a mule account I made. If you want Fresnel to be the new captain I'm pretty sure he has the password to that account too.

Fres should at least be VC. I vote that Armas, Buckner, and myself also be VC since we're the oldest guild members that are still active. Also if we make a new guild there I think shouldn't be any subforums since they don't really get used unless you're in a guild that forces people to use the sub forums rather than the main which is a pretty stupid idea. The subforums just clutter the place.

Hey, if by some miracle we do get the admins on our side, why not just vote Ivan up to captain anyways?  

AINGELPROJECT667

Shy Lunatic

5,550 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Trader 100
  • Partygoer 500

Das Rabble Rouser

Invisible Phantom

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:34 pm
AINGELPROJECT667
Das Rabble Rouser

Hey, if by some miracle we do get the admins on our side, why not just vote Ivan up to captain anyways?
We can do that too. Like Fres mentioned before though we brought this up with the mods.

Nana_Wing
Das Rabble Rouser
Hi there. I've got a bit of a problem I hope you can help me with. I'm from the Gaia Gun Enthusiasts guild. A couple years really, the old captain, Lord Plate, became inactive on gaia. The current captain, Freak_090, took over and didn't make any co captains. Freak forgot his login information and hasn't been on in a good 15 months. He forgot the email too so he can't recover the account and thus the high leadership of the GGE is unavailable. There are some crew members but Fresnel is the only one still active. I know we're supposed to make co captains just for such reasons, but I was wondering if you would be able to switch around the leadership to make Fresnel the new captain. I would greatly appreciate it if you would.

Unfortunately we cannot. If the old captain came back he could cry foul and get people in trouble. Freak_090 can get back into his account if he contacts customer service, they can even send his password to a new email for him.

>.>

This was the conversation we had. If we want a captain we either need a new guild or we need to contact Freak. Nobody here seems to have his contact info.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:40 pm
Das Rabble Rouser
AINGELPROJECT667
Das Rabble Rouser

We can do that too. Like Fres mentioned before though we brought this up with the mods.

Nana_Wing
Das Rabble Rouser
Hi there. I've got a bit of a problem I hope you can help me with. I'm from the Gaia Gun Enthusiasts guild. A couple years really, the old captain, Lord Plate, became inactive on gaia. The current captain, Freak_090, took over and didn't make any co captains. Freak forgot his login information and hasn't been on in a good 15 months. He forgot the email too so he can't recover the account and thus the high leadership of the GGE is unavailable. There are some crew members but Fresnel is the only one still active. I know we're supposed to make co captains just for such reasons, but I was wondering if you would be able to switch around the leadership to make Fresnel the new captain. I would greatly appreciate it if you would.

Unfortunately we cannot. If the old captain came back he could cry foul and get people in trouble. Freak_090 can get back into his account if he contacts customer service, they can even send his password to a new email for him.

>.>

This was the conversation we had. If we want a captain we either need a new guild or we need to contact Freak. Nobody here seems to have his contact info.

Does the guild banner come from his Photobucket account? Or has he fallen out of activity on that one, too?  

AINGELPROJECT667

Shy Lunatic

5,550 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Trader 100
  • Partygoer 500

Das Rabble Rouser

Invisible Phantom

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:44 pm
AINGELPROJECT667

Does the guild banner come from his Photobucket account? Or has he fallen out of activity on that one, too?
Yeah I guess if we uploaded another banner with the same file name to the same album that would change the banner as well, but as I recall photobucket doesn't have a communication system. I don't know if he is still active there or not but if he is that is a long shot.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:49 pm
Das Rabble Rouser
AINGELPROJECT667

Yeah I guess if we uploaded another banner with the same file name to the same album that would change the banner as well, but as I recall photobucket doesn't have a communication system. I don't know if he is still active there or not but if he is that is a long shot.

Yes. As to my opinion of making another guild, one of my RP guilds, the GMCC, actually had a transfer a while back, after a lot of people becoming inactive caused the guild to actually be too large for the few that were still active to use effectively. It actually helped us a lot, because it helped us weed out those who were no longer active, and gave us some room to recruit. In the end, we got ourselves back on our feet quite well.

Unfortunately, or success was in large part due to the multiple announcements and co-operation with our captain, and, since GGE's captain it AWOL, that may not work as well for us. Short of hiring a hacker, I'm not really sure what to do. And I DON'T want to hire a hacker.

"One more soldier reporting, sir. I've served my time in Hell."

AINGELPROJECT667

Shy Lunatic

5,550 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Trader 100
  • Partygoer 500

Das Rabble Rouser

Invisible Phantom

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:55 pm
AINGELPROJECT667
Das Rabble Rouser
AINGELPROJECT667

Yes. As to my opinion of making another guild, one of my RP guilds, the GMCC, actually had a transfer a while back, after a lot of people becoming inactive caused the guild to actually be too large for the few that were still active to use effectively. It actually helped us a lot, because it helped us weed out those who were no longer active, and gave us some room to recruit. In the end, we got ourselves back on our feet quite well.

Unfortunately, or success was in large part due to the multiple announcements and co-operation with our captain, and, since GGE's captain it AWOL, that may not work as well for us. Short of hiring a hacker, I'm not really sure what to do. And I DON'T want to hire a hacker.

"One more soldier reporting, sir. I've served my time in Hell."
That's a good point as well. Guilds don't have a member limit so I don't really see a need to weed out inactive members. Getting more activity via announcements would help a lot, but to get the announcement out to inactive members they would have to join the new guild. If they're not active here they won't know about the new place so that only becomes helpful after recruiting new members.

Bottom line it doesn't really matter what we do if we don't get more active members. A new guild will be a waste of time and this guild will finally die off completely.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:00 pm
Das Rabble Rouser

That's a good point as well. Guilds don't have a member limit so I don't really see a need to weed out inactive members. Getting more activity via announcements would help a lot, but to get the announcement out to inactive members they would have to join the new guild. If they're not active here they won't know about the new place so that only becomes helpful after recruiting new members.

Bottom line it doesn't really matter what we do if we don't get more active members. A new guild will be a waste of time and this guild will finally die off completely.

It would be sad to see this guild die, though I understand that we're in between a rock and a hard place. I wish that the admins could bump one of us up to Vice Captain or maybe even crew so we could at least change the banner, but their hands are probably as tied as ours.  

AINGELPROJECT667

Shy Lunatic

5,550 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Trader 100
  • Partygoer 500
Gaia Gun Enthusiasts

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers