Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Net Slum [a guild for .hack fans]

Back to Guilds

A guild for fans of the anime/game series, dot hack. 

Tags: dot hack, .hack//sign, .hack//G.U., .hack, skeeeeeeeeiiiiiiiittthhh 

Reply @Home
Good Animators, Writers, etc.! Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Is this a good idea?
  Yes!
  No!
  Maybe
View Results

Robotic Draconian

Invisible Phantom

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:20 pm
Okay, obviously .hack// isn't doing so well these days, but I want to change that. I first need to know if there are any good animators, writers, artists, musicians and things such as that, in this guild.

If possible, I want to get a team together to start filling sites such as newgrounds and youtube (mostly newgrounds) with great animations to start getting people interested again.

My true motive for this is: if we can get enough attention on .hack// then maybe, the directors will take notice of it's popularity and make some more game, anime, etc. I know this probably won't happen, but we won't know, unless we try.

So, who's with me?!  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:37 am
I can't draw that great and don't have a scanner, but I'm not too bad at writing when I have the inspiration.  

Tay Lorien

Lonely Knight

63,925 Points
  • Team Rina 200
  • Fashionable Fancy Dress: Cute 100
  • Wing Mastery 100

Robotic Draconian

Invisible Phantom

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 4:03 pm
Tay Lorien
I can't draw that great and don't have a scanner, but I'm not too bad at writing when I have the inspiration.

Great, then you can write scripts!  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:14 pm
Anybody else in. We need an animator, or animators.  

Robotic Draconian

Invisible Phantom

Prussian Imperial Guard

Fashionable Lunatic

8,650 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:34 am
This won't work, but I'm all for futile attempts at awesome things. I can write well, so if you need more than one writer, I'm in.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 4:06 pm
Barrett Jaeger
This won't work, but I'm all for futile attempts at awesome things. I can write well, so if you need more than one writer, I'm in.

Kind of a pessimistic attitude, but whatever. Yeah we need more than one writer!  

Robotic Draconian

Invisible Phantom

Prussian Imperial Guard

Fashionable Lunatic

8,650 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 4:15 pm
I was being a smart-a**. Anyhow, if you need/want an example of my writing, the best example I have to date would be here.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 4:17 pm
it's not pessimesim just his strange way to make a pointless task seam like fun. i would offer my skills as a wrighter, but there are pleanty from what i see, i would also help with trying to make a fan game, but.... my programming skills are still in the early parts, and the only type of programming i can do i don't know how to do in flash. (collage game programmer drop out) and then if you want i could make make one in my free time, though it's with a simple game programming skills and a lame programm that needs next to no coding even makes you download if you want to play.

my only example X

if you want to see that is go ahead, i will say it sucked, and on top of that i got a high grade on it... somehow. 98 and i did a major bunch of last moment fixings in it the night before. if you want to see anything of get to know the controles hit F1 i would have made it as a .hack// game but couldn't find any sprite sheets sadly

also if you want from that link you can download the game making program for yourself and try it out, not sure what the direct link to the download for the gamemaker program is though  

gecloud

Dangerous Prophet

9,175 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Robotic Draconian

Invisible Phantom

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:05 pm
gecloud
it's not pessimesim just his strange way to make a pointless task seam like fun. i would offer my skills as a wrighter, but there are pleanty from what i see, i would also help with trying to make a fan game, but.... my programming skills are still in the early parts, and the only type of programming i can do i don't know how to do in flash. (collage game programmer drop out) and then if you want i could make make one in my free time, though it's with a simple game programming skills and a lame programm that needs next to no coding even makes you download if you want to play.

my only example X

if you want to see that is go ahead, i will say it sucked, and on top of that i got a high grade on it... somehow. 98 and i did a major bunch of last moment fixings in it the night before. if you want to see anything of get to know the controles hit F1 i would have made it as a .hack// game but couldn't find any sprite sheets sadly

also if you want from that link you can download the game making program for yourself and try it out, not sure what the direct link to the download for the gamemaker program is though

I ask that you make a small one, so I can see your skills.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:06 pm
Barrett Jaeger
I was being a smart-a**. Anyhow, if you need/want an example of my writing, the best example I have to date would be here.

Not bad.  

Robotic Draconian

Invisible Phantom

gecloud

Dangerous Prophet

9,175 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:37 pm
http://sandbox.yoyogames.com/games/178341-links-escape-from-confrazlation that was the only one i had made, can't realy think of how to make a new one right now, yet alone how be able to find the insperatio to make one and find all the resources to make one. and if i spend a bit more time actualy doing this one and not blowing it off like i did that one it could have a way to fight and what not, but it depends on if i can get the program working right once more, and ask a few old classmate for there GMK files so i can see how they worked the program to make there games.

as for resorces i would need if i were to make a game
sprite sheets for playable people, and simpe things like walls keys doors chimchims what ever you see besideds the background/ground
a pic for the background/ground
music (not mp3 forgot the format needed)
sound effect (not mp3 not sure on format)

but after all those the hardest part is editing the stuff after i get the basics down for it all along with collison masks and all. and then again i can only finish the game as an execuatable can't make it into a flash game, and we need a artist to make sprite sheets as i havent seen any of any of the .hack people. (mostly wanted one of alkaid)  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:44 pm
gecloud
http://sandbox.yoyogames.com/games/178341-links-escape-from-confrazlation that was the only one i had made, can't realy think of how to make a new one right now, yet alone how be able to find the insperatio to make one and find all the resources to make one. and if i spend a bit more time actualy doing this one and not blowing it off like i did that one it could have a way to fight and what not, but it depends on if i can get the program working right once more, and ask a few old classmate for there GMK files so i can see how they worked the program to make there games.

as for resorces i would need if i were to make a game
sprite sheets for playable people, and simpe things like walls keys doors chimchims what ever you see besideds the background/ground
a pic for the background/ground
music (not mp3 forgot the format needed)
sound effect (not mp3 not sure on format)

but after all those the hardest part is editing the stuff after i get the basics down for it all along with collison masks and all. and then again i can only finish the game as an execuatable can't make it into a flash game, and we need a artist to make sprite sheets as i havent seen any of any of the .hack people. (mostly wanted one of alkaid)

Why can't you make your own sprite sheets?  

Robotic Draconian

Invisible Phantom

gecloud

Dangerous Prophet

9,175 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 5:22 am
well simply put i can't do pixel based art too well, every time i try my best work is impossible to tell what it was meant to be, and on top of that i lost my artist eye for things a while back which makes making any form of art much harder other then words  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 5:04 pm
gecloud
well simply put i can't do pixel based art too well, every time i try my best work is impossible to tell what it was meant to be, and on top of that i lost my artist eye for things a while back which makes making any form of art much harder other then words

So, what you're telling me...is that we're going to need another animator...?  

Robotic Draconian

Invisible Phantom

gecloud

Dangerous Prophet

9,175 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 5:15 pm
animator no, just a artist or two that can make mutipal pics of the same person like 2 or 3 for them walking one way then the same for the other 3 basic derections. since a gif would mess up the program a bit.

guess i forgot to say the size of the sprite too lol 32x32 pixels to keep it consistant, and the same for the basic otherers, but larger things would need to be 64x64 so it keeps things sized the same, other then some of the monsters and what not.

and just a fyi i can only make a top down

http://tsgk.captainn.net/index.php?p=showsheets&t=sr&sr=214

just a refrence of what a sprite sheet is

also note i don't know if i'll have the time to work on the game as life has been taking many downward spirals and what not  
@Home

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff