Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:12 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Katua had been a bit of a pain in the a** lately. For the past few months, he had been between happy and depressed, keeping to himself and only doing the minimal amount of work. Really, he was lucky that the Lord hadn't taken notice of the fact that he had been slacking - it was known how harsh the Lord of the West could be, especially as he was nearing his 'retirement'.

Katua wandered the beautiful lands that Tianxia claimed, his paws taking him no where in particular. How he wished he could leave again, but he didn't want to risk it. He had been gone for over a week, and to disappear like that again without permission could get him killed. He sighed, his thoughts turning dark. He could never completely cut ties with his homeland though....what was he to do?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:49 pm
User Image

Nyayo was in a very good mood, very happy to keep busy. As a bard, it was easy to keep herself occupied without feeling overworked, she really only had to be social and she was happy to chat. And, when she managed to shut up, she was happy to listen and learn new stories to build from. What she really missed, though, was having cubs around. Cubs were a far better audience.

Truthfully, she hadn't really noticed her brother's disappearance until he had reappeared into the background of day-to-day life. And it took her a while to really pick up on his mood swings but she had decidedly stayed out of it. The longer it went on, though, the harder it was to ignore and when she saw their paths near crossing while wandering the lands, she decided it was time to check in with him.

Making no effort to hide her approach, she cleared her throat when she was within earshot.  

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:51 pm
Katua jumped when he heard someone clearing their throat, and his wide eyes glanced around to meet his sister's. s**t. Especially Nyayo....knowing her, everyone would know about his presumed 'transgressions' as soon as he opened his own mouth. She was very good at what she did.

"Er, hi Nyayo. Uh, how're you today?" He stumbled through a greeting, clearly being quite a failure at it, as well as feeling a bit cornered. It was his own fault, as he hadn't really been paying much attention to....anything, really. Now he might not be able to keep this to himself anymore....he was lonely.

User Image  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:57 pm
She noticed immediately how he seemed reluctant to talk to her. They weren't the best of friends but it kind of hurt he couldn't even manage to to act like he was happy to see her. But that had to mean something really was up with him, right?

"Not too bad, Katua," she said, perhaps a bit more brightly to make up for his low tone, "I was just out for a walk, what are you up to?"  

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:36 pm
"Um, well...just kind of doing the same, I guess." She seemed disappointed in him, but it was hard to let his eyes lock with her's. Shame? There was nothing shameful in being in love, if it was love. It was just hard, imagining splitting his life between two different places, especially the distance between it. He had not seen that female until he had left, only a couple days after meeting her. She had seemed alright, and he hadn't realized how sad he felt until he returned home, surrounded by everything that hadn't changed much in the week he'd been gone. More than a week, really.

"Just kind of bored with home, aren't you?" he asked, trying to open that door of conversation.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:58 pm
Nyayo smiled but noticed his refusal to meet her gaze. He had disappeared once before and had since been more morose than she recalled him ever being, was she interrupting a possible departure? His next remark as good as confirmed her suspicion but.. she didn't know how to react.

"No, I'm quite happy here," she said carefully, tilting her head, "What do you mean, 'bored'?"

It was obvious as soon as she questioned him that she was suspicious, even accusing. It was hard to be neutral and supporting when she wasn't sure what was going on and she hardly liked the idea of him wandering away with no other information to go on.  

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:32 pm
Oops. He had said the wrong word, and was paying for it dearly.

"Ok...don't....don't be mean about it." He was terrified of telling someone, but he didn't feel like he could tell his "mother", and there really wasn't another parent-like figure to ask advice for. Or just....to ramble to.

"I left, for curiosity's sake. It was wrong, and I know that I could have been banished for it...somehow I haven't been. But....I think I fell in love? And even though I came back, I still see bits of her, here and there. Like I can't escape it."

Oh man, like how he wanted to escape the situation that he had put himself into right now.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:39 pm
For someone who spent her days being overly dramatic and emotional for more enjoyable storytelling, it was a struggle to hide the pain she felt when he said not to be mean- but she tried her best. Nyayo never wanted to be mean, she didn't like to think someone would need to say that- she was a bard specifically to entertain and cheer up.

She was silent until he said he fell in love. Her jaw dropped ever so slightly but she couldn't interrupt him.

"You fell in love?" she asked quietly.  

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 5:01 pm
"Yes." He felt ashamed. But, only because of one reason. "I didn't realize it at first. And there's...no way to make it work. And the visions have not been helping me at all..."

Should he even mention the cubs that he sees? There was no denying the colours that he saw matched to his colourful mane. It hurt, that they'd never know him. He knew that Biski would only say nice things, but that absence hurt him. He knew all too well what it was like to not have a father...and here he had done it to his own offspring.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 5:04 pm
Nyayo frowned at her brother, having mixed feelings on the subject. She didn't like his pessimism but she had no other information to work from, and adding visions to the mix made her even more uncertain. She never had visions, not that she was aware of at least. The subjects of her dreams were all strangers, though there were some recurring characters.

"Are you sure?" she asked, "That is can't work, I mean. What have you been seeing?"  

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 5:36 pm
"She lives very far away," he said, really admitting that he had left the pride's lands...and far. "Happy with her home...and as much as I wish it wasn't so, I don't really think I could leave here. Family, y'know?" He smiled weakly at Nyayo, who didn't seem pleased but wasn't quite yelling at him.

Probably because he looked so pathetic!

"Just bits of what I assume her life is right now. Nothing definite, its almost like seeing someone walking between the trees. Just glimpses."

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:48 pm
This explained a lot, Nyayo realized. Where he had gone, why it had been so long and why he had been so bitter since he had come back. She was silent for a moment after he finished talking, looking him up and down and not bothering to hide it. She had no experience in this kind of thing, she had only stories to work from and very few of them were particularly romantic.

"Are the visions haunting you or are you seeking them?" she asked, trying to figure out exactly what situation he was in. He sounded certain that he couldn't leave and she wouldn't come here, but the way he spoke of it.. he was clinging to it. That was no way to move past something.  

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:01 pm
"They're not helping," Katua said. "I don't....I want to move past this. I guess. So I don't want them. They crop up often enough that its hard to shake the memories." Not enough to drive him crazy, just enough to make him depressed.

"Sorry for unloading this on you." He swished his tail sadly, his dark eye's meeting Nyayo's for only a moment. It was hard to really look at her, probably because she was a female and perhaps saw a different side to it? Katua wasn't sure if that was a good thing or not.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:15 pm
"Don't be sorry," she said after he apologized, her tail swaying in time with his. She frowned again when he met her eyes. He wanted to move on but she wasn't entirely convinced of that.

"Speaking as part of your family, I don't want you to be trapped here by us, sad and bitter as you've been the last little while," Nyayo said honestly, knowing her words supported his leaving more than his staying, "Stop guessing and decide."

She had plenty of suggestions and ideas for helping him get over it here but his hesitation was making it hard to push it on him. She could push him to decide but she couldn't push what her coping mechanism would be on him if he kept stammering, "I guess"ing and refusing to look her in the eye.  

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:26 pm
"I don't think I could bear the thought of never being allowed to return. Plus...." And this was the main reason that he hadn't just bailed on them all. "I'm not certain if she feels the same. At least to the same magnitude. Why throw it all away to end up with nothing? I just...have to learn to work through this, I guess."

It almost reminded him of the story of their adoptive-mother's brother. How he could never return here, as the Lord would kill him on sight. Nia's words had been a warning to her children to respect the code that the Central House had laid down to all the houses. Traitor and deserters were not welcome. He had deserted to a point, and didn't intend to repeat that mistake.

[IC] Tianxia Lands [IC]

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff