Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:35 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
(pre-Emperor, he's just a consort in this rp)

Hanjari was not really ready for this. He hadn't been raised as the heir in the Pridelands, and as such didn't really need to know much about being a leader. Now....well, he was going to have to be one. At least Ari knew what she was doing, and he was happy to follow her lead. He was still learning the mannerisms of the pride, and as such was kept to himself to make sure he wasn't....an embarrassment. It wouldn't impress the other Houses if he insulted them by accident.

He knew better than to wander alone, and so he kept close to the small Central House, still letting his paws get used to the different ground, his nose with the different smells in the air. It was drastically different than his homelands, but it was starting to grow on him.

"A....no, don't call her by that name," he told himself. "I've got to get the hang of this..."

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:55 pm
She had dismissed her big brute for the day, because even though Jian was quite good at hiding, Ting Lan knew when she was there and sometimes it was annoying. Good to have someone to count on… but annoying. Besides, now she wasn’t visiting any of the other houses, she was ‘home’ (truly, all of Tianxia was home). The empress had just come back from a brief visit to the North House that morning, and after a nap had decided there were things here she needed to give attention to.

She eventually found one of them out by himself, and she briefly wondered if he was lost, since from what she knew of the pridelands, it was very different from here. Hanjari… Ting Lan briefly felt bad for him, because she imagined she hadn’t quite been giving the lion as much attention as he deserved. Maybe she was a bit too involved in her work. Or maybe, if this lion could be considered part of her work, she wasn't involved enough... Well, she didn't want to think that way. Hanjari shouldn't be work for her, no husband should be. Nor a wife.

So the red lioness made her way over, relaxed after her nap, resolving to try and spend some quality time with him. “Miandui Tiaozhàn.” She greeted, then in an attempt to be cheerful and friendly, added. “I should give you a nickname.”

wooga Paes

Shirtless Explorer

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:04 pm
Hanjari's ears flicked around, hearing his betrothed's voice. It was strange, being called that name. He would grow used to it at some point, but right now it just made him realize even more how little he knew of his new home.

"Ting Lan," he said in reply, offering her a nod. "Miandui would be easier to say, I'm sure." He chuckled, realizing that he was a bit more relaxed being around her than in the beginning. That had to be some sort of progress, and he reminded himself about it.

"How are you today?" he asked, since he hadn't seen her for a bit. Which...was fine, and yet not. He was lonely, and right now she was the one he knew best in these lands, as little as he knew.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:24 pm
Amusingly enough, since she had known Hanjari for quite a while simply by his common name, even Ting Lan found it a little amusing to call him something different. "Miandui, alright." She was determined to keep her tone of voice and manner of speaking casual, even if it felt odd to her. If it made things easier on the pridelander, that was okay.

Let's start with some chit chat. "Enjoying an afternoon out?" It was quite a nice day, she supposed. Wind had never bothered her, but it did feel nice on the days when there was none, or less, and her fur wasn't getting blown into her eyes if she looked the wrong way. And, though there were clouds in the sky, there was still sun popping out here and there.

wooga Paes

Shirtless Explorer

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:43 pm
Hanjari was a bit disappointed in her dismissal of his question, but to be honest, he did sort of deserve it. It was a boring question to ask, but he wasn't comfortable enough to begin asking her about the affairs of the other Houses. He still hadn't been formally introduced, and might not be until he was officially married to Ari...Ting Lan.

"Yes," he said, deciding to take a bit of a different approach. Being timid here was not wise, and he needed to remember to keep his wits easily accessible. "I am beginning to find familiarity with the foliage and the ground, and it is more comforting than when I first arrived. I'm glad that I can have the freedom to roam in private." No need to worry about a random stranger interrupting him in the central house.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:53 pm
"That's good." She said, and realized the response was almost automatic. She was so accustomed to being polite, sometimes she didn't even think much about her response. But Ting Lan truly thought it was good that Hanjari-- Miandui was beginning to grow used to the lands.

The fact that he sentiment was sincere didn't make this encounter any more entertaining, and she was beginning to worry that at this rate he may grow used to the pride, and fond of the lands, but never of her. Ugh, this was strange. Ting Lan had never had to worry about making friends before, let alone objectively trying to like someone. Maybe her issue was with this being planned, and it having happened so late in her life. As a cub, she would have been more spontaneous and fun, better capable of growing close to Hanjari, even knowing they were supposed to get married one day.

Maybe that was what she should try to do. Learn to like someone a way a cub does. "Want to play a game?" She asked about, because games were the first childish thing she could think of.

wooga Paes

Shirtless Explorer

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:01 pm
Miandui was a little...confused. "A game?" He resisted the urge to add on some sort of respective title like 'my lady', as he wasn't sure she'd like that. How formal was he to be with her? One that has been raised in nothing but a formal setting her whole life? His assumptions could clearly be wrong, mainly because the Pridelands were so....open. Tianxia was not.

"I'm certain we can do something," he said, his face starting to crack with a grin. He was trying not to laugh, as he'd at least earn a slap across the face if he laughed at her!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:09 pm
Okay, at least she was getting him to smile. Maybe there was yet hope for the two of them. "Very we-- okay." Lets stop it with the ready answers then. She was actually kind of enjoying this idea, it was kind of like she was already playing a game. At least it was different.

But then Ting Lan came to the realization that there was a problem with this suggestion of a game. "I don't know any games. Do you?" Not that she had never played before. sure, she had played with her siblings. But she hardly thought simply rough-and-tumble was really considered a game. And they had never really done it often. And Ting Lan in particular had been a very busy cub because she was learning about becoming an empress, aside from general education, and occasionally accompanying her parents to affairs so she could learn even more about becoming an empress.

At least Ari would never lack in knowledge of being an empress.

wooga Paes

Shirtless Explorer

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:12 pm
Ha....Miandui sat down, the first time he had in a bit, actually, to think. "Well....there's lots of silly cub games in the Pridelands. A lot of it involved tag, to be honest. We didn't have that many hiding places, unless you count hiding behind the adults. Umm...seeing how many bugs we could catch in a set amount of time. Mainly a lot of cub games."

Perhaps this was a ploy for her to get him to talk about himself more, in a more informal setting? It was working.

"There was never a shortage of willing players." Something that was hard to ignore here. There were always cubs in the Pridelands, but here? It almost seemed rare.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:22 pm
Ting Lan sometimes forgot about how big the Pridelands were supposed to be. Though she imagined her pride as great, she did recognize that, as far as numbers went, they were lacking. This was one thing she intended to remedy. One day her home would have many, and more would be wishing to join, because why wouldn't they?

"Catching bugs? That's odd." She remembered batting at a few bugs once or twice, but had quickly grown out of that. Tyro was probably more the sort to catch small animals. And sometimes torture them. Even though Hanjari hadn't conclusively stated that was the game he wanted to play, the empress looked to the ground around her paws, attempting to find an insect. She found some sort of dead beetle, and delicately stuck a claw through it, then held it up. "I win." She declared, mostly to see if she got any pleasure out of it.

... Nope, not much pleasure in getting more dead beetles than her opponent, who hadn't even been trying. "I don't know if tag really works with only two." It seemed like it would be too much back-and-forth. "I suppose if we can't find a game we could make one up."

wooga Paes

Shirtless Explorer

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:28 pm
A lot of things were going through his mind, but Miandui was having a hard time thinking of what to suggest to Ting Lan as a game. What did adults play? He hadn't really seen adults play...perhaps because when he was an adult he just stopped really caring, or even socializing very much. Part of being a Prince, he assumed, as it was harder to ignore the stipulations of being a royal.

Miandui blinked at the dead beetle on Ting Lan's claw, as it was just so unexpected. He didn't think that she would actually try something like that.

And so, he just....laughed at her because it was that ridiculous in his mind.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:35 pm
Perhaps Ting Lan would laugh, too. Because usually when others laughed you laughed, because that seemed almost the polite thing to do. But she didn't outright laugh, so she just offered him a sort of I'm-kind-of-laughing smile. "I take it this isn't how you play the bug catching game." A ridiculous idea popped up in her mind that she would one day be very good at the bug-catching game. But that was just because Ting Lan was naturally competitive.

Most of the time Ting Lan would hate being laughed at, and would probably find it very disrespectful. But her future-husband was probably automatically at the level of intimacy required to be permitted to laugh at her. So long as it wasn't mockery, anyways.

wooga Paes

Shirtless Explorer

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:10 pm
"S-sorry," he said, starting to recover from his laughing fit. He was normally so composed, but...having to deal with someone who didn't understand the concept of catching cubs was puzzling. Her way of 'trying' it without really trying had been more than amusing. At least she didn't see that pissed off at him - she would have had ample reason to be angry.

"Normally you get more than a second to catch bugs...." Oh no. He wasn't going to let himself laugh again. Time to change the subject.

"Did you ever play games when you were young?" He was curious....and wanted to know more about this Empress that oversaw such a large amount of land.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:14 am
"It's okay." She said, flicking the beetle off her claw. Having him laugh at her was better than an awkward chat about the weather, but she hoped that fun wouldn't always be at her expense. Still, she offered Hanjari a smile.

Well, yes. It made sense to have more time if they were trying to see who caught the most bugs. She was a little disappointed with her own lack of comprehension, considering Ting Lan was usually quite sharp. Maybe she was feeling slow after her nap. Or, maybe she was actually trying to be funny.

Huh, imagine that! The empress of Tianxia trying to be amusing. "More time does make sense." At his question, she shrugged. "Not much. I was busy." And my siblings aren't usually easy to get along with, and there were no other cubs around at the same time. When she though about it, she had probably played most with her father, and that had probably been his way of getting her to learn some fighting skills early on.

wooga Paes

Shirtless Explorer

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:30 pm
Miandui was learning a lot about his future wife in just this small exchange. He realized that there were a lot of things she had missed out on, but a lot of experiences that would make her a supreme Empress. It was strange, how they were both royalty and yet raised so completely differently.

It made him miss home. But it also made him want to stay here. He wanted to see what else Ting Lan had to show him, whether she realized it or not. Her other strengths, and her other weaknesses.

He was so...intrigued. And all it took was a small conversation about their cubhoods.

"Well, I'll have to teach you some things from my homeland." He glanced around, still knowing that for the most part they were alone. "When we're alone like this, at least."

[IC] Tianxia Lands [IC]

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff