Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sims Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for all things Sims created by Maxis/EA. 

Tags: simulation, god games, story telling, custom, Sims 

Reply The Sims Guild
Oops... *sweatdrops* Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Scathach13

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 3:00 pm
I was in the downtown section of the Sims, and built this great new lot - it was perfect by my standards, and had taken a REALLY long time to finish.

But then I noticed: There was no phone!!!

I must have deleted it using the move objects code by accident. crying

Now that place is nothing more than a death trap!

Does anyone know how to get a phone back, or is that just it? Is this lot doomed forever?  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 9:52 am
Hmmm... that could be problematic... You must've had the "move objects" cheat on. That one is a little dangerous. xp

If sims have cell phones, they can call out, but I'm pretty sure a lack of phone is like a lack of mail box at the house, it'll cause the game to glitch. You should to to http://www.modthesims2.com/ and search there. I'm sure there's a way to put it back.  

Banana-nana

Evil Murklins
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 11:00 am
Just... go back into the lot (build mode) and you can find a new phone under electronics.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 1:12 pm
AnnoyingEvil1
Just... go back into the lot (build mode) and you can find a new phone under electronics.

But isn't the original phone past the boundry where you can put stuff? I need to look at my community lots. xd  

Banana-nana

Scathach13

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 1:12 pm
AnnoyingEvil1

It can't be purchased. It simply isn't meant to be deleted.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 3:52 pm
I thought there was a purchasable one.... So you could put another one on the lot.

*shrug* I thought I saw one. Other than that, I dont know.  

Evil Murklins
Vice Captain

Scathach13

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 6:15 pm
Nope - I looked EVERYWHERE. Nothing.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 11:09 pm
There are puchasable pay phones, they might be under Street Items I'm not sure but, and believe me I know, THERE ARE PAY PHONES THERE! I built a lot, a really massive lot with a fake street through the middle and to give it an authentic touch I got the pay phones and put them in. They work as well.

Mind you, maybe you need to have the main one for it to work. Just search through everything until you find it.  

Spoilt_lil_missy

Scathach13

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 1:05 pm
This is the downtown kind you're talking about, right? The yellow and blue ones?  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 3:05 pm
Yes, the downtown ones in Nightlife. I made this massive lot and added a few to it, so they're definitely there.  

Spoilt_lil_missy

Scathach13

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 4:29 pm
Well... I just looked through the whole thing, and I didn't see--

Wait. Nightlife? Isn't that for the Sims 2? I'm talking about the older one...  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 6:44 pm
gods, sorry, I'm just constantly in Sims 2 mode these days, I don't even remember that anyone plays the Sims 1. Sorry to get your hopes up, there's nothing you can do. Well, not that I know of.  

Spoilt_lil_missy

Scathach13

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 4:12 pm
*falls over and sweatdrops*

... Thanks.

But actually, I would be playing the Sims 2 all the time - but for some reason it doesn't work on any log on on my computer except for the admin! Which, I do not have access to! stressed AND THE ADMIN (not naming names) BLACKMAILS ME WITH IT!!! evil  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 8:08 pm
I actually reinstalled Sims 1 not long ago when i couldn't play the Sims 2. It was fun, but compared to the Sims 2 it just seemed so...so...not as good. Though obviously better than any other game I play.  

Spoilt_lil_missy

Scathach13

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 9:29 am
I know what you mean - one taste of the Sims2, and it was like comparing Pong to Kingdom Hearts.

...Okay, maybe not that extreme, but still. smile  
The Sims Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces