Submit

Buffy_the_Bloody

Tipsy Bloodsucker

10,100 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:34 pm
Things were better than they had been in awhile. She had taken up refuge in the pride that Dromio had spent time showing her. Everyone was rather kind, except for the ones that would tell her that she was ugly because her pelt wasnt purple. Luckily those were few and far in between, and she didnt let them get her down. Dulce knew that she was pretty, and she was pretty sure that color didn't make her such. She stretched, exiting the hut that she had turned into a little shop. She had taken to making furs, and she had a good assortment hanging over the walls.

She often found herself wondering about Dromio, but she didn't see him as often as she liked. Today she was planning on going to find him. She had no idea where he would be, or if he was even in the area she was allowed. But she knew that she was curious about him and he had been on her mind for a good while.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:42 pm
Dromio had left his mountain top home to explore the lower venues of the pride, always happy to spend time with the lower classes. They proved a lot more interesting to him than the nobles on most days- at least they seemed to have fun. Of course, his father didn’t mind.

After all, one of his brothers was a player- a lower class entertainer. He had picked the life himself, deciding not to be a noble despite being almost as purple as his father. Dromio liked that about his brother from another mother. Such free will. Such ability to see past stupid old rules, like whose pelt color said what about them.

When he was king, he would make sure the rule faded even more into obscurity.

Cajanic
Crew

Generous Unicorn

Buffy_the_Bloody

Tipsy Bloodsucker

10,100 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:46 pm
Wrapping one of the fluffy white furs around her shoulders, she was ready to depart. Stepping out of the hut, she looked around. The shops were busy as usual, the market like atmosphere usually keeping a good group of customers around. This was definitely a good place to have a talent, but still.. Sometimes she needed to get away. She wasn't doing poorly, and could manage to take one evening off.

Her white tipped paws stepped over the earth as she 'windowshopped' the other merchants goods. They were well made, and some of them made her wish she was in the habit of buying things from others. But today she walked past them all with a nod of the head and a kind smile.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:58 pm
It didn’t take long for Dromio to notice Dulce, a bright smile spreading over his face. Would she even remember him? Perhaps not, but still, sometimes he thought about her. And it was a good opportunity to find out how she was doing.

So he approached her with a smile.

“Hello there!” he offered merrily, ignoring the stares of the pride members around them. Some seemed a bit shocked to see the heir wandering around, despite how many times he appeared. Maybe just the idea of being so close to royalty constantly shocked them, like it was something new and amazing.

“How are you, Dulce?”

Cajanic
Crew

Generous Unicorn

Buffy_the_Bloody

Tipsy Bloodsucker

10,100 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:03 pm
If there was one thing Dulce didnt do, was treat Dromio as if he was royalty. She didn't see him as such, which was likely an insult to him. But she couldn't help but just see him as him. The handsome white lion with the fantastical purple markings that made her eyes go crossed because she wanted tos tare too long.

That same male called to her, and she smiled wide. She almost seemed to light up, she knew this guy! She was still a stranger to the most common of shoppers, but it was nice that someone knew who she was. Someone thought she was their friend.

"Dromio! Why, what a sight for sore eyes!" She said, her smile seeming to grow.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:12 pm
He chuckled lightly, sitting himself down in front of her. “It’s good to see you fitting in,” he hummed, “how are you liking things in this pride? It can be a bit crazy around here, I know, but they’re good folk for the most part.” He scanned the pride, seeing no one he would mark outside of that ‘most part’ comment. The ones she needed to watch out for were, thankfully, the same ones who tended to avoid the clearing like the plague.

Helped keep the peace that they were too afraid to come near.

“Did you get to speak with your brother after all?” He asked after a moment, smiling still. It wasn’t every day he got to speak to someone who didn’t treat him like he was somehow more important than everyone else.

He liked it.

Cajanic
Crew

Generous Unicorn

Buffy_the_Bloody

Tipsy Bloodsucker

10,100 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:51 pm
Cajanic

When he sat and made himself comfortable, Dulce' found herself quite happy that she had put on her accessories before she had left. She felt like she had prepared to meet him again, though in truth she hadn't realized that was in the agenda.

"I'm enjoying it quite well! Though I noticed that you have to really be good at what you do for anyone to stop by to look at your wares. I've sold a few trinkets though." She said cheerily. She hadn't been sure she was very good at making anything, so it was a compliment when others purchased her crafts.

She watched him look around, and smiled warmly, looking back to him. "Oh everyone is rather kind around here. I have ran into a few that I could do without seenig again. But I'm a big girl." She chuckled.

"I haven't! Though I think I've seen him a few times." She smiled again, it seemed she couldn't help herself!

"What of you, Dromio? How are you this fine day?"

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:11 pm
Dromio frowned. “Well, I could always kick them out of the pride for you,” he chuckled, though left it at that. He knew not everyone was the nicest, particularly among the noble set. But they could change, he knew it. All they needed was a push in the right direction. His being king was going to be the first step in the pride entering a new age. His father had started things off, and he was going to push to make the changes bolder than ever.

What good was being a leader if you weren’t one who did things to the fullest of their ability? His grandfather had been misguided and evil, but he had known how to use drive, that was for sure. Dromio wouldn’t be afraid of it.

Bwana could be afraid of his roots if he wanted to be.

“I’m doing good,” he hummed lightly, “I can’t imagine a day where my mood is sour here. Actually, recently I’ve been in an even better mood than usual. I wonder why that is?” He offered her a smile and a bit of a perplexed shrug, not really considering the connections that were right in front of him.

“Maybe you’ll get more business if I wear something you make,” he offered after a moment, “nothing like the best kind of advertisement, right?”  

Cajanic
Crew

Generous Unicorn

Buffy_the_Bloody

Tipsy Bloodsucker

10,100 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:19 pm
Cajanic

When he made the light hearted comment, she rolled her eyes, pushing him gently with her paw. Had she known he had the power to actually do it, she probably would have been a bit more hesitant to push him, no matter how gently.

"Oh, Right, I'm sure." She chuckled, and then moved on from it. Even if he could do it, she wouldn't have asked it. She was a pretty tolerant lioness, and she accepted all types. Even ones that probably shouldn't have been so easily accepted. But she supposed the past had a lot to do with how others were. Maybe they hadn't had it so easy.

"I'm glad to hear it! No sour moods. You are far more handsome when you smile." She said, though the words brought a blush to her cheeks. It was the truth, but still she blushed.

When he said he would wear something of hers, she smiled again with her eyes a bit wider than they had been.

"Oh would you? That would be awesome of you. I wouldn't mind making you something that would have all the ladies gawking at you." She winked at him, though a pang went through her. Only a little one, but enough for her to notice. She wasn't sure she wanted all the ladies gawking at him!  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:21 pm
Dromio then realized he was being a bit too casual- he needed to be more discreet, didn't he? So he didn't make her think differently of him. So their relationship wasn't marred by the fact that he was going to be the ruler of the place. It was almost frightening to think that he would eventually have to reveal his little secret. It was difficult to walk about the pride lands without being bowed to or called by some royal title.

Still, he liked how things were at that moment.

"The only reason I would want the ladies gawking would be if they were so impressed with what you made for me," he told her lightly, "otherwise, they can keep their eyes to themselves." He chuckled, wondering if there were many in the pride who would even give him the love face. His was not a very purple coat, yet he was more powerful than any noble.

Some weren't too happy about that.

"So what would you make me? You know, theoretically. What do you think suits a lion like me?"  

Cajanic
Crew

Generous Unicorn

Buffy_the_Bloody

Tipsy Bloodsucker

10,100 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:12 pm
Cajanic

She didn't realize being casual with him right now was such a big deal. She thought nothing of it. He was definitely a charmer, that was sure. She felt her heart thud a little wildly in her chest like a bird. She withheld her blush and chuckled.

"Oh you.." She looked up at him and smiled. "Ya know. I don't think I have ever met someone quite like you." And it was the truth.

Then he got her thinking. She looked him over, focusing on her thoughts. She made a lot of 'hmmm' and 'ummmmm...' sounds while she looked. Finally after a few moments she met his eyes again.

"I'm thinking masculine. Charming.. People would think you a king!" She said with a giggle. She was merely teasing, and was no where near thinking it were actually true.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:49 pm
Buffy_the_Bloody

“I don’t think I’ve met anyone like you, either,” he hummed.

Dromio laughed a little too loudly at her joke, before taking on a very serious air. “You know, I feel like I’m not being entirely honest with you… I haven’t told you everything thing there is to know about me.” He beat his tail against the ground, wondering if he really needed to be open with her so soon. They were just friends, right? Still, if you weren’t honest with your friends, what were they really?

“Um,” He huffed, “It’s kind of weird to say, but I want you to know that I’m not… quite like everyone else around here. See…. I’m…. I’m, uh, the son of the king… um. More than that, I’m actually… the heir to the throne.”

He frowned, watching her. That was probably a little too forward, wasn’t it? He needed to work on his explanation skills.  

Cajanic
Crew

Generous Unicorn

Buffy_the_Bloody

Tipsy Bloodsucker

10,100 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:14 pm
Cajanic

When he laughed at her joke, she smiled. She always liked when someone got her jokes. When she was forced to explain them, she sort of lost interest. Then he cleared his throat, and she noticed his smile fading. He looked so serious, that she grew a little concerned.

"Oh? I'm sure it's not too big a somethin-" She started, before he finished his sentence. And then when he did, her eyes widened only slightly. Though she was much more surprised than it might have looked.

"Y-You.. are the heir?" She asked, arching an eyebrow as she looked at him. She didn't disbelieve what he said, but what a huge secret that had been to keep.

She suddenly felt like the wind had been knocked out of her lungs. What would happen to them? Would he stop being friends with her now that she knew? She wasn't very purple..

"That is definitely a secret." She said, her voice still warm. And she even allowed a little smile.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:54 pm
Buffy_the_Bloody

Dromio smiled at dulce. It seemed like she was very surprised by what she had heard. Maybe he shouldn't have been expecting anything else- it wasn't like hearing that you were actually hanging out with the future king of the pride was an easy thing to swallow. Still, it wasn't like he had wanted to keep it from her, either. It had just been the kind of thing he was used to others already knowing about him. It was awkward to bring up when they didn't, and normally he just left it off the table altogether.

But things were different with her- he wanted to be honest with her, because he liked being near her. Enjoying her company. If she had found out through someone else, it might have compromised everything.

"I hope it doesn't change anything," he said lightly, "I want to be around you... so I wanted you to know about me. I don't plan on hiding anything from you." he smiled faintly.

"I don't really like secrets, you know?"  

Cajanic
Crew

Generous Unicorn

Buffy_the_Bloody

Tipsy Bloodsucker

10,100 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 8:56 pm
Cajanic

"It would take a great deal more than that to change things." She mused. Though she honestly wasn't sure that she could change the way she felt. He was friendly, and warm.. And apparently honest. She liked that, and in the rogue lands.. It was hard to find. She smiled sweetly, a small blush tinging her green cheeks pink.

"I want to be around you too. And I'd appreciate no secrets.. I'll do the same for you. Honest." She said, leaning in to nose his cheek gently.

"That would explain why you are so pretty though." She chuckled, teasing with a wink.  
[IC] Suka'Fumo Lands [IC]

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff