Welcome to Gaia! ::

PINOY IWONCLAN EXTREME

Back to Guilds

Extreme ang saya! Extreme ang kwentuhan! Extreme ang pa-premyo! Extreme ang barkadahan! 

Tags: Filipino, Pinoy, Philippines, Pilipinas, iwonclan 

Reply FREEDOM WALL (IWC's Chatterbox) ~ I Was Once a Newbie Clan
10 Years From Now... Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

I Ced I

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:20 am
Sensya na, gusto ko lang ishare to dito and see if people are gonna answer. razz
Pinost ko to sa ibang forum (not owned by Gaia) and still waiting for replies, gusto ko lang sana icompare yung mga responses from here and there and see the similarities and differences of both forums.

Quote:
What's your view of yourself? What could be your profession? Would you have a family? Where would you be living?

These are just common thoughts that always run around my mind. In my case, however, I'm not exactly sure of what I want to be or where and who do I want to be with. I keep thinking to myself what's the ideal thing to do with my life and still couldn't find answers for it. I've thought of becoming an engineer but I wasn't sure if I could make it past university and get my degree because I find most of the topics quite difficult. I've also thought of becoming a high school teacher but then I'm not your average Joe who can just speak my mind out, I am shy and I tend not to talk much when I'm with strangers. Last but not the least, I've also thought of becoming an astronaut. Hey, isn't that quite similar to engineering? Sure it could be, but it really depends on the major you're talking about. Aerospace engineering would probably be the closest resemblance of the two professions. So why can't I become an astronaut? Because there's only quite a few universities here in Canada that offer it as a major or a degree (not even sure if it's a branch of sciences).

Problem is, why is it always like that? You want something but you can't achieve it because of obstacles in life. So I want to ask you, what's your ideal self 10 years from now and if you are willing to change something that's been a part of you, would you do it in order to reach your dreams?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:05 pm
10 years from now, I'd be 28 years old. Got my Bachelor's Degree in Psychology. Fresh from Medicine school.
Possibly have already passed the licensing exam, but yet to start on my internship which will last a year.
And afterwards, working on my residency for Neurosurgery - which would take another 6 to 8 years.

I'd be living in the Philippines, where Medschool is much much cheaper with less loans. Well, atleast until I achieve all of my pre-career goals.
So I'm also planning to take the licensing exam back here in California in the middle of all that, since I could probably end up running back here.
I can possibly be married and with a child. I heard doctors in the Philippines only make 18k to 35k per month..
And if that isn't enough for my luho and family, I know what I have to do.

I've always been certain that I was gonna be a medical doctor, it was pretty much a first choice. Though I did go back and forth between Med school and Law school through highschool after my uncles and grandfather suggested that I would be a proper lawyer.. Anyway, both of my parents are doctors. So that "career path" has always been there, waiting for me to make that one decision. And I've been around hospitals since I was a little girl, so that pushed me further that way. With all that, I can't really say I've experienced wanting something that I can't achieve since I always had it. My parents are willing to pay for everything until I become a doctor, what more can you ask for.

P.S. I suggest you do what you want to do, what you can imagine yourself doing for years. You can't really just stop there because there are obstacles, you gotta overcome them. It's gonna be your career. It's gonna stick to you. Would you really want to just work instead of doing what you love to do? There's a difference.

Glitter Orgasm

Bloodsucker

I Ced I

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:15 pm
Grabe, you're a professional writer haha. Alam mo talaga kung alin yung dapat lagyan ng emphasis so ginagawa mong bold, wala lang comment lang. emotion_yatta

Anyway, I have to agree on your last few statements. Doing what you love is really the point of living your life. I guess it's better to struggle through all those hardships rather than ending up with something you didn't wish for. Easy to say but hard to do, better to commit now to what I really want to do. Although, I'm really undecided on which path should I take.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:49 pm
I Ced I
Grabe, you're a professional writer haha. Alam mo talaga kung alin yung dapat lagyan ng emphasis so ginagawa mong bold, wala lang comment lang. emotion_yatta

Anyway, I have to agree on your last few statements. Doing what you love is really the point of living your life. I guess it's better to struggle through all those hardships rather than ending up with something you didn't wish for. Easy to say but hard to do, better to commit now to what I really want to do. Although, I'm really undecided on which path should I take.

So you're even undecided on what you really want?
What do you see yourself doing everyday? Coming home possibly exhausted from working your butt off since you're a ______? Of course you have to remember it's also a matter of survival. Need cash to make it. So you need a good-paying job you can commit to.

Glitter Orgasm

Bloodsucker

I Ced I

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:29 pm
Glitter Orgasm
So you're even undecided on what you really want?
What do you see yourself doing everyday? Coming home possibly exhausted from working your butt off since you're a ______? Of course you have to remember it's also a matter of survival. Need cash to make it. So you need a good-paying job you can commit to.

Pretty much yes. Given the fact that I want to do lots of things at once and cannot pick one, I would say I'm really undecided. I like that fill in the blanks question, it really made me think of what would I want to be.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:35 am
10 years from now, hopefully, I'm already a CPA. Di ko hinahangad ang marangyang buhay pero gusto ko yung sapat lang. Sapat na pambuhay sa aking pamilya. Sana may isa akong responsableng asawa, yung hindi katulad ng aking ama. Masayang buhay lang.  

Happy Pantherlily
Crew

8,350 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250

Miku Yukii

Sparkly Lunatic

8,550 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:14 am
10 years from now.. I am still pursuing my dreams.. marami akong pangarap sorry.. xp

Quote:
just a background..so you'll know what part am I in my plans..
i am already a Medical Health Associate (certificate given as a pre-optometry course though our certificates weren't given.. FAIL YOU REGISTRAR..so technically im not..but i can always get it..just too lazy..) I also graduated as a Doctor of Optometry, passed my licensure exams and garnered the nth rank nationwide..

As a continuation 10 yrs from now...I'll be having my 3rd degree...Doctor of Medicine.. Probably, taken the International Board for Medicine.. By then I am also done with my residency as an Ophthalmologist.. What I am not sure of is will I able to have my sub-specialty in Centro de Oftalmología Barraquer (Spain) or will I take my residency there prior to my sub-specialty.. Well, I need to study spanish for a while.. I am interested in Pediatric, Neuro, Low Vision and Binocular Vision as sub-specialties.. So I really don't know what to choose as of the moment..

On the other hand..it really depends with
Arch Angel Neko

if that by moment he would have already proposed to me.. and have our babies of our own..

As of after 10 years.. I'll have my own hospital and doing medical missions for the needy within our country and also other countries like Africa or wherever someone needs me.. And I understand I need lots of money to do that.. *sighs*...oh well!

Sana nagustuhan mo sagot ko..
I Ced I

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:43 am
When I was just in my HS/elem life, I have tons of things I wanna do, I wanna achieve and I wanna get. Things that perhaps impossible to get but possible if you will put all yourself to it.

10 years from now, Ill be like what I am today...... a student and of course, a professor and an Engineer. Building, constructing things and educating people are my passion. I wanna share my experiences and knowledge to everyone. Share everything I know to my soon to be students while gaining more knowledge and information from my experiences and instructors. I dont wanna stop learning, I wanna explore everything and absorb them fully with understanding.  

Siops

Sex Symbol

6,000 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Gender Swap 100

Arch Angel Neko

Dangerous Tycoon

10,350 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:36 am
10 years from now,

I'd probably be rich. Filthy rich, (I hope so!) So that I can come back and forth the country. Probably have a dual citizenship. During those 10 years I wish that I could have proposed to my to be soon wifey already and be married to her. Now, I want to be filthy rich for the following reasons. I want to study medicine and specialize in pediatric care. I love kids and babies. That's why I want to specialize in those fields. Neuro surgery would be my first option, but it seems far off already since, I'll be too old by then. I do want to enjoy my life too. I'd probably have visited 1/4 of the world by then. She know's exactly what I want. *points to neoh*  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:00 am
I Ced I

The best thing you could do is to know yourself and know what you really want. Do not say you cannot be what you want just because it is difficult. Nothing is difficult if you will put everything to it. Ask yourself... do you really want to become an engineer? If you do, you have to work hard and give your best to be able to achieve it. Someone once said, Make your passion your profession. ( I think I got this from the movie called 3diots.)  

Siops

Sex Symbol

6,000 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Gender Swap 100

Miku Yukii

Sparkly Lunatic

8,550 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:11 am
Siops
I Ced I

The best thing you could do is to know yourself and know what you really want. Do not say you cannot be what you want just because it is difficult. Nothing is difficult if you will put everything to it. Ask yourself... do you really want to become an engineer? If you do, you have to work hard and give your best to be able to achieve it. Someone once said, Make your passion your profession. ( I think I got this from the movie called 3diots.)

napanuod ko yun!!!!
choobidoobidoo param choobidoo parampam!!XDDD

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:29 am
neoh-miE
Siops
I Ced I

napanuod ko yun!!!!

Kakainspire noh? emotion_kirakira  

Siops

Sex Symbol

6,000 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Gender Swap 100

CookiehoIic

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:28 am
Ten years from now, I would probably be ready for a happy life with my partner. I wouldn't exactly know when but my ideal age to get married is when I'm 27 years old. I would be a confident businesswoman handling my family's company along with my siblings. I'd probably earn millions each month within the span of the ten years and that would be from my own efforts. I'd travel around along side with my hubby. I've always wanted to raise a family in Palawan so that might be where I would live from then on. If not, I'd still be living in Cebu. I also intend to keep a low-profile for the rest of my life. Well, that's how me and my sibs are raised.

Yeah, I would try to improve myself in any way possible. Haha.

Well, it seems idealistic but that's probably what would happen to me. Seems too-good-to-be-true, right? x)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:58 pm
Siops
neoh-miE
Siops
I Ced I

napanuod ko yun!!!!

Kakainspire noh? emotion_kirakira

YEAH!!
thanks to my sister!!!* U *
di nawala kalahati ng buhay koo!

Miku Yukii

Sparkly Lunatic

8,550 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Generous 100

I Ced I

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:59 pm
neoh-miE
Sana nagustuhan mo sagot ko..

Are you kidding? I definitely did! Three degrees, that's just..eh, too much I guess? I don't even know if I'll be able to get one of my own. xd Haha, just kidding. razz

Didn't know you're that obsessed with human eyes. rofl Joke only. rofl

Arch Angel Neko

Quarter of the world huh? That's an interesting journey. Good luck with that!

Siops

So true, like Glitter said in one of the previous posts I should know how to commit to what I really want to be especially if that's the path I'm going to walk through the rest of my life. This also made me reflect to myself on what I've been doing these past few years. With that, I've decided to prioritize my studies first especially on the following years until I get my degree and get a legitimate job. Once I'm through with all that, I'd like to think back and visualize myself if I haven't done any accomplishments in my life.  
FREEDOM WALL (IWC's Chatterbox) ~ I Was Once a Newbie Clan

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff