Welcome to Gaia! ::

PINOY IWONCLAN EXTREME

Back to Guilds

Extreme ang saya! Extreme ang kwentuhan! Extreme ang pa-premyo! Extreme ang barkadahan! 

Tags: Filipino, Pinoy, Philippines, Pilipinas, iwonclan 

Reply FREEDOM WALL (IWC's Chatterbox) ~ I Was Once a Newbie Clan
Sen. Mirriam Santiago Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

STRFKR

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:48 am
Fr. Catalino Arevalo—the spiritual adviser of the late President Corazon Aquino—said in his March 4 (First Saturday) homily at the Our Lady of Edsa Shrine, "If you call anybody ‘you fool,’ you are worthy of the fires of hell. And she called them gago, which is Filipino for fool, before millions of people." Though he didn't name who he was referring to in his homily, Arevalo later told a reporter who asked if he was indeed referring to Senator Miriam Defensor Santiago that he "did not have to name her"

Santiago—who has a master's degree in theology—has released a statement in reponse to Arevalo's pronouncement. In her statement, Santiago pointed out: "Under [the Second Vatican Council], there is no hell; but even if there is, there is nobody there. Unfortunately, some of the religious refuse to accept the changes started by Vatican 2." Santiago clarified that according to theology, hell is not a geographical place but is "a metaphor for distance from God."

(source smile click here
------
Anong say niyo guys? biggrin

Well I for one is with Senator Mirriam Santiago, she really without a doubt did a good counter attack! awesome! emotion_kirakira

ps. I don't know where to put this thread eh, sorry ;p  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:32 am
I believe!
Alumni siya ng skul ko.  

Mrs Amvk

STRFKR

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:35 am
Roniiel
I believe!
Alumni siya ng skul ko.

Feeling ko dapat ipost ko toh sa debating forum :s

Anong school mo? ;o

--
Like I said, Religion and Politics are different it should not mix with both.
This is why I don't like the church, they interfere with everything, as if they control the nation. neutral  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:07 pm
I love Madame Santiago. My mom thinks she's "crazy" and her remarks are sometimes quite disrespectful but honestly, she's one of the best senators the Philippines ever had.

STRFKR
That is why I don't like the church, they interfere with everything as if they control the nation.

^ This remark, however, is too generalized. You can't say that the church interferes with Philippines' politics when the only person who actually commented on Santiago's rant was this certain Fr. Catalino Arevalo. One priest is not the whole church. But if you're talking about a whole new incident regarding Religion vs Politics, I'm not too updated on that. sweatdrop  

Lady Whimsical

STRFKR

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:40 pm
Lady Whimsical
I love Madame Santiago. My mom thinks she's "crazy" and her remarks are sometimes quite disrespectful but honestly, she's one of the best senators the Philippines ever had.

STRFKR
That is why I don't like the church, they interfere with everything as if they control the nation.

^ This remark, however, is too generalized. You can't say that the church interferes with Philippines' politics when the only person who actually commented on Santiago's rant was this certain Fr. Catalino Arevalo. One priest is not the whole church. But if you're talking about a whole new incident regarding Religion vs Politics, I'm not too updated on that. sweatdrop

First of all, thank you! for replying here because no one seems to be interested in this thread of mine. emo

Actually you maybe correct about me generalizing the whole church but it's not just about Fr. Catalino Arevalo. What about President Noy noy and the whole church who condemns him for the RH bill? Like I said, Politics and Religion does not go together, people will just fight about it. And i'm not updated on the politics vs religion too.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:07 pm
STRFKR
Lady Whimsical

STRFKR

First of all, thank you! for replying here because no one seems to be interested in this thread of mine. emo

Actually you maybe correct about me generalizing the whole church but it's not just about Fr. Catalino Arevalo. What about President Noy noy and the whole church who condemns him for the RH bill? Like I said, Politics and Religion does not go together, people will just fight about it. And i'm not updated on the politics vs religion too.

No problem. My mom watches the Impeachment coverage sa TFC so medyo opinionated ako dun smile

About dun sa RH Bill, medyo nakikialam nga yung simbahan pero I think they have the right to? Kasi diba Philippines consist of about 80% Catholics (and maybe 90% Christian) so parang they represent the whole Catholic community. And from what I heard sabi raw sa Bible bawal yung contraceptives. So parang the church is only fighting for what the Catholics should believe in.

Ewan ko rin. I'm for RH Bill pero iba iba naman lahat. smile  

Lady Whimsical

STRFKR

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:00 pm
Lady Whimsical
STRFKR
Lady Whimsical

STRFKR

No problem. My mom watches the Impeachment coverage sa TFC so medyo opinionated ako dun smile

About dun sa RH Bill, medyo nakikialam nga yung simbahan pero I think they have the right to? Kasi diba Philippines consist of about 80% Catholics (and maybe 90% Christian) so parang they represent the whole Catholic community. And from what I heard sabi raw sa Bible bawal yung contraceptives. So parang the church is only fighting for what the Catholics should believe in.

TFC? so that explains why you're online at this time xD

Well yeah you are right lol but then again the other 10% are other religions like muslims and etc.. so it's kinda hard to say something o.o
Yes, it is said that it's a sin for a married couple not to have babies, it's also a sin if a man does not impregnate a woman, and a woman is considered dirty when she is on her period. I read that in the bible ;p it's somewhere in the leviticus. smile  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:06 pm
STRFKR
Lady Whimsical
STRFKR
Lady Whimsical

STRFKR

Well yeah you are right lol but then again the other 10% are other religions like muslims and etc.. so it's kinda hard to say something o.o
Yes, it is said that it's a sin for a married couple not to have babies, it's also a sin if a man does not impregnate a woman, and a woman is considered dirty when she is on her period. I read that in the bible ;p it's somewhere in the leviticus. smile

Oh you read the Bible? Impressive! In my opinion, the Bible is a composition of mysteries and riddles that can sometimes be misinterpreted. I respect that book a lot though smile

You just reminded me, I should start reading it. Need to get in touch with my religious side! LOOL  

Lady Whimsical

STRFKR

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:22 pm
Lady Whimsical
STRFKR
Lady Whimsical
STRFKR
Lady Whimsical

STRFKR

Oh you read the Bible? Impressive! In my opinion, the Bible is a composition of mysteries and riddles that can sometimes be misinterpreted. I respect that book a lot though smile

You just reminded me, I should start reading it. Need to get in touch with my religious side! LOOL

Yes, I read the bible haha and also, we were taught that one should read the bible to reflect on xD

oh sure go ahead and read it! 3nodding
May the light embrace you. emotion_awesome  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:38 pm
STRFKR
Lady Whimsical
STRFKR
Lady Whimsical
STRFKR

Yes, I read the bible haha and also, we were taught that one should read the bible to reflect on xD

I thought you aren't religious since you said you don't like the church? gonk

Or was that pure sarcasm? scream  

Lady Whimsical

STRFKR

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:55 pm
Lady Whimsical
STRFKR
Lady Whimsical
STRFKR
Lady Whimsical
STRFKR

no that's not sarcasm lol
well if religious you mean the one that prays a lot and never missed the sunday's mass well that's not me. sweatdrop But I do believe in Him and I have tons of respect for him. It's just that I want to learn more about different kinds of religion. lol

but I think, Religion is the rudest subject to talk about since you'll never know who will you offend ;p  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:05 pm
STRFKR
Lady Whimsical
STRFKR
Lady Whimsical
STRFKR

well if religious you mean the one that prays a lot and never missed the sunday's mass well that's not me. sweatdrop But I do believe in Him and I have tons of respect for him. It's just that I want to learn more about different kinds of religion. lol

but I think, Religion is the rudest subject to talk about since you'll never know who will you offend ;p

Oh yeah we're on the same boat. I'm not very religious pero parang Agnostic-Catholic ako. Lately nga parang I'm liking Judaism. smile hahaha so random.
Well, I wish you well! Nice discussion here 3nodding  

Lady Whimsical

STRFKR

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:13 pm
Lady Whimsical
STRFKR
Lady Whimsical
STRFKR
Lady Whimsical
STRFKR

Oh yeah we're on the same boat. I'm not very religious pero parang Agnostic-Catholic ako. Lately nga parang I'm liking Judaism. smile hahaha so random.

Please do tell me about Agnostic-Catholic and Judaism, I am intrigued o.o
More in more I feel like welcoming Buddhism in my life. o.o

yes, it is a nice discussion emotion_awesome  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:42 pm
STRFKR
Lady Whimsical
STRFKR
Lady Whimsical
STRFKR

Judaism is Jesus' religion. Predominant religion in Israel during His time smile

Nabanggit ko yung Agnostic-Catholic kasi honestly, we have no proof that God exists. It will only be proven if He, Himself, appears in front of us and perform miracles. So ako, I believe in God even if walang proof. Parang, I know He is out there somewhere kahit hindi ko Siya nakikita. I believe na merong Higher Power na nandun para satin kahit na walang concretong proweba.

Ayun. Nakakahiya naman. Sobrang spiritual ng answer ko! Hahaha. mrgreen  

Lady Whimsical

STRFKR

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:13 pm
Lady Whimsical
STRFKR
Lady Whimsical
STRFKR
Lady Whimsical
STRFKR

Judaism is Jesus' religion. Predominant religion in Israel during His time smile

Nabanggit ko yung Agnostic-Catholic kasi honestly, we have no proof that God exists. It will only be proven if He, Himself, appears in front of us and perform miracles. So ako, I believe in God even if walang proof. Parang, I know He is out there somewhere kahit hindi ko Siya nakikita. I believe na merong Higher Power na nandun para satin kahit na walang concretong proweba.

Ayun. Nakakahiya naman. Sobrang spiritual ng answer ko! Hahaha. mrgreen

during his time? what happened then? paano lumaganap ang christianism?

Yes, that's right but I according to the bible it's a sin to question God XP and with what you said, there's a passage where in i don't know if that's paul but when Jesus appeared to the disciples after his death, one of them didn't believe that he was the real jesus, so jesus let that person insert his hand sa wound sa hand ni jesus by the nail, i think he got napagalitan. because he was doubtful xDD sweatdrop

In my school, i'm afraid to talk about that stuff because I know they will not listen to me. because most of them a really very true christian. My opinion is quite open and broad but them, it's kind strictly christian. it's kinda hard to act what you want when you are being watched.

let us sing a song: xD
click here  
FREEDOM WALL (IWC's Chatterbox) ~ I Was Once a Newbie Clan

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas