Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Dubbed Anime Discussion - Watching Naruto on Toonami? Come discuss here!
Who can't stand the dubbed version? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

subbed vs dubbed
  subbed!
  dubbed!
View Results

enjay babe

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 8:28 am
------------------------

I can't.

I recently caught an episode of Naruto on Toonami, and it was the episode with Haku and Zabuza. Naruto was screaming at Zabuza for just forgetting Haku like that.

Now, it's supposed to be an emotional scene, but I burst out laughing. Naruto sounded so constipated!!! lol

I really dislike the voice actors they chose for the dubbed version. They make the characters seem so arrogant/snotty compared to the original.

xp

------------------------

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 1:57 pm
I'm pretty sure everybody likes the subbed version more. The totally screwed up the voices. Naruto sounds like he has throat problems and Sakura, if you put her in a cheerleading outfit, dye her hair blond and throw her on to some High School or Middle School Football team, you couldn't tell the difference. She'd blend right in. Sasuke's fine. Kinda. POOR TENTEN SOUNDS LIKE A PREPPY PREP!! crying  

JhonnyRaincloud

Dapper Member

churrlo

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 3:48 pm
Well I can't say I like the subbed better. This is because I've never seen it Japanese sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 8:20 pm
I think it's something that'll grow on you if you watch it enough. I couldn't stand the dubbed Inuyasha after being spoiled by subs for so long, but after watching it a few times it just grew on me. Although, I don't have cable and therefore don't really have much choice if I'm going to watch the dubbed Naruto or not... oh darn... rolleyes  

Satch

enjay babe

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 9:43 pm
JhonnyRaincloud
I'm pretty sure everybody likes the subbed version more. The totally screwed up the voices. Naruto sounds like he has throat problems and Sakura, if you put her in a cheerleading outfit, dye her hair blond and throw her on to some High School or Middle School Football team, you couldn't tell the difference. She'd blend right in. Sasuke's fine. Kinda. POOR TENTEN SOUNDS LIKE A PREPPY PREP!! crying
Really? I've never heard her talk yet.

Now I want to.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 2:21 pm
ah, I don't really mind it, then again, I chose Naruto on Toonami because it does not cost me anything, and it doesn't make me read the subtitles (I'm not very used to it, only sometimes do I read subtitles, and they are so hard to read on my tv)  

Maniacal Melody

JhonnyRaincloud

Dapper Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 7:04 pm
enjay babe
JhonnyRaincloud
Really? I've never heard her talk yet.

Now I want to.

I hate whoever dubbed Naruto. I complement them for not taking anything out (Or I think they didn't...I'm kinda afraid to watch the dub. I think it was Viz Media or something.) but they made Tenten's voice like a prep!! "What a jerk." Excuse me as I curl up and die.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 5:09 pm
I personaly enjoy the dubbed Naruto. Certainly not as much as the subbed, but I think just about everyones voices are fine, and they censore out what they think would be to wrong for the time that they show it. I was a tad annoyed with the pronounciations at first, but I got over them. I personaly don't see what the big deal is? confused  

Mr._Stabby

Missing00

Invisible Guildsman

9,100 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 2:52 pm
Mr._Stabby
I personaly enjoy the dubbed Naruto. Certainly not as much as the subbed, but I think just about everyones voices are fine, and they censore out what they think would be to wrong for the time that they show it. I was a tad annoyed with the pronounciations at first, but I got over them. I personaly don't see what the big deal is? confused

I agree with you, I personally think that the dub is just fine. Some of the voices could use some work but other than that I enjoy it.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 8:17 pm
the anime child
ah, I don't really mind it, then again, I chose Naruto on Toonami because it does not cost me anything, and it doesn't make me read the subtitles (I'm not very used to it, only sometimes do I read subtitles, and they are so hard to read on my tv)
you can watch it on your tv? gonk i have to watch episodes on the computer from youtube (which the picture sometimes really sucks) cuz i can't download the episodes gonk  

Historical

Historical

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 8:20 pm
i agree with missing nin itachi and mr stabbby, i like the dub but i like the sub better, i mean if you guys don't like the dubbed then just don't watch it instead of going on and on about hating it, i mean at first i thought this was a subforum for people to discuss the dubbed version not discuss hating the dubbed version, it's just gettin a little old confused  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 5:39 pm
The subbed version is of course millions of times better, but the voices do fit, narutos voice is annoying and retarded like the japanese, sauskes is a badass wannabe sakuras, shes alright and kakashi... he has the badass voice still sort of.  

DarkLordKoji

Hatake_gaiden

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 7:03 pm
I love the sub version and I cant stand the dubbed version. some of the voices are okay but when you hear them in japanese you want them to stay that way.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 10:49 am
In the Japanese version its way better than the dubbed version, WTF? Orochimaru is a girl? Hes a guy  

XGreen Eggs And SpamX

Dubbed Anime Discussion - Watching Naruto on Toonami? Come discuss here!

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games