Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Daffodil Movement

Back to Guilds

Guild for the Daffodil Movement, a cancer awareness movement here on Gaia. 

Tags: cancer, awareness, daffodils, daffodil, movement 

Reply Archives [threads from previous years of the event]
.: Team Clear Lung :. Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Vote for your Favorite Avatar!!! (See entries below)
1. PuddingCow
16%
 16%  [ 2 ]
2. September Wolf
41%
 41%  [ 5 ]
3. GuardFrog
8%
 8%  [ 1 ]
4. Rannchan
33%
 33%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 12

Lenty

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:34 pm
User Image

Welcome to Team Lung!!!

For those of you that are new here, welcome! For those of you returning, welcome back!

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User Image
1.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.2.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.3.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.4.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

April 30th: Last day of TDM for this year, but please help me finish up the dice roll game. Anyone can roll, win cool prizes!!!
April 30th: Voting for the Avatar Contest is now over!!! Check out the results below!!!
April 26th: Voting for the Avatar Contest is now open!!! Please vote for your favorite by April 29th!!!
April 14th: Congratulations September Wolf for winning the picture post contest. The bracelet is lovely!
April 14th: Events board updated. New dice roll event with tons of prizes! Be sure to check it out.
April 5th: Tektek Contest and Art Contests will open. Be sure to be watching. I want as many people joining as possible!!! There will be prizes!!!
April 1st: The Movement starts up again! Before we begin, if any of you would like to help out in this thread, or have ideas for events or contests, please get in touch with me. I really want tons of participation from everyone this year!

.: Welcome .:. Rules .:. About Lung Cancer .:. Ribbons & Daffodils :.
. . . : Captain & Team .:. Tektek & Art Contest .:. Event :. . . .

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:35 pm
User Image

Quote:
►Follow Gaia's ToS
►Do not quote any large blocks of text, such as any of the posts on the front page of the main thread or a team's thread.
►Please read the FAQs before asking a question. That way we can be sure that we have plenty of time to answer any unusual or specific questions, instead of answering the same common ones over and over.
►Contacting Blaize/crew: We are likely to be very busy around this time. Not only do we have to organize many things here at once, virtually all of TDM's staff is in college or high school. For us, April not only means TDM, it means term papers and exams. Questions and Yellow Wall entries will have priority over any art or banners you send, or affiliate/Turn TDM requests. Please be patient with us.
►Be supportive of one another! Try to get along.
►And most importantly, strive for positivity. I encourage you to share your stories and feelings concerning cancer, cancer awareness, and the like, but this will not be a pity-party. Many people may be going through cancer themselves or seeing someone they love dealing with it. We’re here to hope for the best.

.: The above rules are absolute for everyone in the TDM, but here I have a few more.
.: Use English grammar to the best of your ability. No L337, please.
.: We DO NOT discriminate. You don't have to agree to tolerate.
.: Do not swear. I am a lady and DO NOT tolerate foul language, especially towards others.
.: Do not PM me unless I specifically say to. If it is not specified, then just post.

. . . : Captain & Team .:. Tektek & Art Contest .:. Events :. . . .

Lenty

Lenty

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:36 pm
User Image

"Lung cancer is cancer that starts in the lungs.

The lungs are located in the chest. When you breathe, air goes through your nose, down your windpipe (trachea), and into the lungs, where it spreads through tubes called bronchi. Most lung cancer begins in the cells that line these tubes.

There are two main types of lung cancer:
.: Non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) is the most common type of lung cancer.
.: Small cell lung cancer makes up about 20% of all lung cancer cases.

If the lung cancer is made up of both types, it is called mixed small cell/large cell cancer. If the cancer started somewhere else in the body and spread to the lungs, it is called metastatic cancer to the lung.

Lung cancer is the deadliest type of cancer for both men and women. Each year, more people die of lung cancer than of breast, colon, and prostate cancers combined. Lung cancer is more common in older adults. It is rare in people under age 45.

Cigarette smoking is the leading cause of lung cancer. The more cigarettes you smoke per day and the earlier you started smoking, the greater your risk for lung cancer. There is no evidence that smoking low-tar cigarettes lowers the risk. However, lung cancer has occurred in people who have never smoked.

Secondhand smoke (breathing the smoke of others) increases your risk for lung cancer. According to the American Cancer Society, an estimated 3,000 nonsmoking adults will die each year from lung cancer related to breathing secondhand smoke."
-PubMed Health

................................___________________________................................

For those of you who have lost or have a loved one battling this, or any other type of cancer, post their story, picture, name, whatever you feel is appropriate on the Yellow Wall, the guild-wide memorial.

.: Welcome.:. Rules .:. About Lung Cancer .:. Ribbons, Banners & Daffodils :.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:38 pm
User Image

User Image
[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewforum.php?f=28977][img]http://tinyurl.com/ca9vth[/img][/url]

[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewforum.php?f=28977][img]http://xrl.us/bekmg9/sm-whi.gif[/img][/url]

User Image
[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewforum.php?f=28977][img]http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a91/jewelflo/daffodilvaseclearribbon.png[/img][/url]

User Image
[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewforum.php?f=28977][img]http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w92/krizalprowess/ribbon-lm.png[/img][/url]

[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewforum.php?f=28977][img]http://i42.tinypic.com/2lcog05.gif[/img][/url]

User Image
A big part of TDM is wearing daffodils. If you are in need of a bouquet, please let me know so I can get you one. And since it is difficult to find transparent items, we encourage you to wear white in honor of Team Lung this month. If you need help obtaining white clothing, once again please let me know.

Lenty

Lenty

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:39 pm
User Image

Your Captain ~Please take care of me!

.: For those of you that don't know me, I am Selente. You may call me Selente or Lenty. I am a pretty normal person, I work nonstop and am currently getting back into school as a Business Major after taking some time off. I start this summer (yay)! I like pink, red, dolls, and drawing. As a forewarning, I am very forgetful (ha ha). Also, I'm a brony!
.: This is my 4th year in this group, and I don't know if I've ever said why I joined Team Lung. My grandfather died from mesothelioma due to asbestos poisoning when I was 7. Later, after years of smoking, my aunt when I was 12. I was close with both of them, hence my devotion to Team Lung.

Your Team ~May we all work together!

.: GuardFrog
.: September Wolf
.: DaynaDanish
.: Eggfish
.: Puddingcow
.:

*Just post saying you'd like to join. Everyone and anyone is welcome!

. . . :
Captain & Team .:. Tektek & Art Contest .:. Events :. . . .

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:42 pm
User Image

User Image

Starts April 5th .:. Ends April 20th

Submit by posting a Tektek wearing our team colours of white/clear. You may use other colours, but I do ask that you 1) try to stick with white/clear as the majority, and 2) include flowers on your avatar (they don't have the right daffodils on tektek, so just flowers~). Everything else is up to your imaginations.

Winners will be announced April 25th!

First Place: September Wolf
Second Place: Rannchan
Third Place: PuddingCow

Examples:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Entries:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User Image
Starts April 5th .:. Ends April 28th

Enter by either posting or PMing me a link to your artwork. The theme is 'Tektek Contest'. I want you to get inspiration from the tekteks submitted for the tektek contest. You do NOT have to draw the tektek exactly. It can be a loose/abstract interpretation inspired by one of the tekteks.

-Any style of art is accepted (traditional, digital, sculpture, realism, anime, ect)
-Including daffodils is a plus, but not required.
-Try to stick with white/clear as the majority colour-scheme for Team Lung.
-Keep it PG.

Judging will be on concept and composition not quality and quantity. I know it's a short deadline.

Winners will be announced April 30th!

First Place: Courtly Love + Golden Dragon + 25,000 gold
Second Place: Faithful Mechanic + Sir Ceph the Dapper Octopus + 15,000 gold
Third Place: Xin the Lucky Dragon + Lunar Celebration + 10,000 gold

Entries:
.:. Rannchan
1st Place

. . . : Captain & Team .:.
Tektek & Art Contest .:. Events :. . . .

Lenty

Lenty

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:43 pm
User Image

April 5th-April 30th~Weekly Givaway. Everyone who posts throughout the week will have their names put into a drawing for a chance to win 1k! Winners will be picked every Sunday!
Only one entry per person per week

April 8th-14th~Picture Post Week. I wanna see some team white propaganda!!! Find/create images and post them up in the thread! Best pic gets featured on the Team front page!!!

April 14th-30th~Dice Game. When you post, set your post style to |roll dice|-|100 sided|-|10 die|. First to roll 1,000 gets the grand prize - Pora Ice!!!
Smaller, white coloured prizes will be awarded for rolling 900, 800, 700, 600, 500, 400, 300, 200, and 100.

. . . : Captain & Team .:. Tektek & Art Contest .:.
Events :. . . .

Archives [threads from previous years of the event]

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces