Welcome to Gaia! ::

Legend of Korra: Spirits of Past, Present and Future.

Back to Guilds

This is a guild for the discussion and later on roleplays for Legend of Korra. We're also big on Avatar: The Last Airbender. 

Tags: Avatar: The Last Airbender, Legend of Korra, Roleplay, Discussion, Nickelodeon 

Reply Pro-bending Arena [Roleplay]
Main Story Role play Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Jack_C_Trade_4

14,175 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:38 pm
This is where we will role play for TLK.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:51 pm
Sora groaned as she slumped on the deck of the fairy to Airbender Island, feeling a little sick of the rocking of the boat. She had been assigned to watch over Korra as one of the strongest members of the Kyoshi Warriors. Not to mention her medical skills would be useful to aid Tenzen's pregnant wife.  

Jack_C_Trade_4

14,175 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Gender Swap 100

The Ink Slinger
Crew

3,100 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:18 pm

Technically, he shouldn't have been in the gym at that moment, but he was. He needed to be in peak physical form in order to keep them going strong in the tournament.
Mako landed a hard kick on the bag, and listened as it tore. Soon, the bag was on the ground, spilling its sand out. He grinned, and dusted off his hands. Probending was one part boxing, one part firebending, and at least three parts staying cool and calm. As long as he didn't whip out any lightning moves in a match, he was golden.
He looked around and groaned. It would have been good for Bolin to be here- making clean up faster, but as he wasn't, he quickly swept the bag and rehung it. there was no evidence he was there, out of his time spot. What he could use was a break before the match, to go out and get his mind calm. Instead, he climbed to his apartment.
He took a moment, and was glad with where they were. They had overcome so much in such a short time. It made him glad.
Looking out at the island, he was aware that every day he had to look at the air temple, one of the wealthier spots in the city.
It didn't matter to him though, there was nothing important for him there.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:34 pm
User Image

Bolin
EarthProbender

Bolin had a tendency to go off on his own into Republic City. Mako didn't mind, as long as Bolin kept himself out of trouble. Which most of the time he did. He was preparing himself for his upcoming probending match. He needed to get some food in him, because after all, he was a growing boy. The match would be in a few days and he guessed that Mako had already started training. They were low on yuans, as usual, so he had to be careful how much he spent.

Today, he had decided to stop by one of the bakery's in Republic City, which often gave the best prices for bread and buns. The baker greeted him as we walked in and congratulated him on his victory in the last probending tournament.
Bolin simply replied, "Hey, I couldn't lose to those chumps."
After he had purchased the bread, which was enough to ration between Mako, Pabu, and himself, he started back toward the probending arena, where they lived.

Probender
Captain

Popular Pirate

Captain Syrus Haley
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:58 pm
As he sat meditating with other young monks, Syrus opened his eyes ever so slightly to observe the ferry approaching Air Temple Island. As he peered through the slits in his eyes, a wooden cane suddenly came out of nowhere and smacked him on the head.
"Just because you can Airbend doesn't make you a monk!" said the old meditation supervisor. "Pay attention and focus!"
He scowled and rubbed his head, but then closed his eyes and was still again.
But his mind couldn't help but wander.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:03 pm

Luna was currently out on her run around the city, to keep her in shape. She was pretty well known for a probender- an unfortunate side affect of her long, white hair. It currently chased her as she picked up speed, heading into the park. She hit the fountain, jumping in it, causing long arcs of electricity to bounce around her.
Hitting the other side, she jumped down, and went to her favorite spot in the grass. Laying out, she took a deep breath, and started watching the sky. It was peaceful out here, away from the arena, where the energy just got to much. Like static. Maybe it was because she was a fire bender, but the more emotional it got, the more she felt like she was drowning.
She sighed, and sat up, feeling her wet clothes clinging to her. Looking around, she heard the same old equalists getting started up about equality.

Like they could know. Even though Zuko was trying to right the wrongs of the world, the fire nation was still distrusted.

The Ink Slinger
Crew

3,100 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100

Jack_C_Trade_4

14,175 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:09 pm
Sora eagerly rushed off the boat, slightly hyperventilating. Large bodies of water where never friendly with her.

Once calmed she looked up at the temple, she could only see a few guards that had a white lotus on there armor.

She picked up her measly travel bag and walked up to the buildings.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:40 am
Koga let out a sigh, watching the crazy Equalist dogs ramble on about being "Oppressed." If they were the victims, why attack and kill an innocent man? Koga lost his father, the only bender he didn't hate, to Amon's dogs. His attention was taken from them when he spotted a flash of lightning coming from the park fountain. Lightning with no clouds meant one thing: Firebenders. Koga hated benders as well, for the death of his mother, but he wasn't going to start anything right in the street. He would be no better than Amon if he did that.

He would keep it civil. He walked over to the girl and waved his hand, but his other hand was on the handmade pistol hidden beneath his vest. Benders always made him a bit paranoid, but realistically, anyone who can shoot lightning from their body was a risk factor for a normal guy like himself. "Quite the light show you put on just now." He said.  

vader-lifer14
Crew

Overcharged Lunatic

The Ink Slinger
Crew

3,100 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 7:14 am

Luna opened one eye, looking at the boy as she tried to catch her breath. Nodding, she stood up. Steam rolled off of her, as she attempted to dry her soggy clothes.
"Sorry, I realize that it's not the smartest thing to do, but every now and then it happens. Like.. pressure. It gets so intense it arcs."
She looked over at the boy and smiled, straightening up. He was taller than her, and about the same age.
"I'm Luna," she said.
The steam stopped as her clothes dried, and knowing that her skin was no longer burning, held it out for a handshake.
"I'm sorry if you didn't like the show, I know a lot of people don't these days. I just know that I don't have to worry... whether I like it or not, people always know I'm a bender anyway."

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 7:53 am
Koga, seeing that Luna wasn't a threat for now, removed his other hand from his vest, his firearm still hidden. "It's alright. My father was a bender, and he said learning to control it wasn't that easy. I, myself, am not, so I'll take his word for it." He said. He saw her hand, and was a bit hesitant to shake hands with a bender, but he extended his own and did it anyway. "I'm Koga." He said, offering a smile, though, there was some uneasiness to it. Hey, benders DID kill his mother, after all, and his father was the only one he really admired or trusted, or even knew long enough.  

vader-lifer14
Crew

Overcharged Lunatic

The Ink Slinger
Crew

3,100 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 12:53 pm
"It's nice to meet you," she said, smiling gently. She sighed, and looked up at the sky. "Sorry, I'm not so normally out of breath. It's been a few days since I got out on a run. They want the benders to stay inside, until this rabble quiets down," she said.
She looked at Koga, and finally managed to breath easier. "It drives me nuts. They talk about equality and know nothing about it. I'm a fire bender...and I am distrusted because I was born with a gift I didn't want. I was even forced to join something by my family... they'd have kitten squirrels if they knew that I was here."
She looked at him, running a hand through her white hair.
"Want to go somewhere and get away from the park? it makes me uneasy lately."

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 1:04 pm
Listening a bit to Luna's story, he wondered what she meant by joining something she didn't want to. She got the distrusted part right. Even Koga still had a grudge against people with the gift, but he hated the Equalists too. Koga represent a form of middle ground, one that was sick of the conflict going on, one of the civilians that paid for the actions of both sides. He heard the white haired girl's offer to go somewhere else, and the red haired boy nodded. "Sure. Lead the way." He said. Koga wanted to get away from the rantings of these fools. They were giving him a headache, and if this girl could be a good distraction to take his mind off the chaos going on lately, he would hang with her for a while.  

vader-lifer14
Crew

Overcharged Lunatic

The Ink Slinger
Crew

3,100 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 2:33 pm
"This way then!" she said. She pulled her hair over her shoulder, revealing the big white lotus tattoo on her back. She started her way out of the park, and was walking along the water line.
"I'll take you to where my team lives- the other two Knights are out and about, so we can go up to the roof or something, hang out," she said. "We got an abandoned warehouse, so we get a great view!" she said.
She ducked into one of the buildings, and it opened up into a great floor gym, meant for both bending and non bending training. She smiled. "Welcome to my home!" she called out, listening to the echoes.

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 2:44 pm
Getting a good look at Luna's tattoo, which made him curious, Koga followed her to the big warehouse. Hearing that she was on a pro bending team was a bit of a surprise, but it WAS a popular sport, so a lot of benders would be into it by now. He let out a low whistle, clearly impressed. "Nice place you got here." He said. The place was huge, and there were targets set up for bending and non bending training as well. Maybe if Luna would let him, he could practice with his pistol here. Then again, he was the only one out there who even thought of making a handheld firearm in the world of bending, so it could be a bit of a shock to the firebender. "So, you're part of a pro bending team? That's pretty cool." He said with a smile. "Hey, Luna? Mind if I use one of those targets over there for a second?" He asked. He decided to go through with it after all, but he would ask Luna first. Besides, showing off his invention to one girl couldn't hurt.  

vader-lifer14
Crew

Overcharged Lunatic

The Ink Slinger
Crew

3,100 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 3:02 pm
"Sure!" She said. "Though... I'm not sure what you can do. Do you have a weapon or something?"
She stepped back, and looked at the targets she signified. "I only have a gym from what I earned while I was in the white lotus. My teacher was okay with me leaving for my own dream, instead of my parents. He just wishes he could have gotten rid of the Tattoo for me," she said.

Pro-bending Arena [Roleplay]

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff