Reply The Clan Sanctuary - Main Forum
Is anyone here? Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lieutenant Turel

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 7:00 pm
The guild has been extensively inactive for a while. So I must inquire: are we still interested in being a guild? To be honest given the sparse replies to any and all threads along with long time absences, I'm not sure if existing is something anyone is interested anymore.

-If we want to exist, what can we as individuals do? In order to survive we must be active. We can't get new members if we refuse to post for unknown reasons. One common reason I hear is "I feel awful for us being inactive so I won't post"- an issue that makes the problem worse

-If we no longer wish to exist, shall we go out with a bang? Or simply fade away?

The future rests in your hands guild. What do you want and what will you do to make it happen?  
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 7:37 pm
Lieutenant Turel
The guild has been extensively inactive for a while. So I must inquire: are we still interested in being a guild? To be honest given the sparse replies to any and all threads along with long time absences, I'm not sure if existing is something anyone is interested anymore.

-If we want to exist, what can we as individuals do? In order to survive we must be active. We can't get new members if we refuse to post for unknown reasons. One common reason I hear is "I feel awful for us being inactive so I won't post"- an issue that makes the problem worse

-If we no longer wish to exist, shall we go out with a bang? Or simply fade away?

The future rests in your hands guild. What do you want and what will you do to make it happen?

I know I haven't been posting recently. That hasn't been due to my disinterest in the guild. I have been taking more activity in my studies for this semester.

If you ask me I think when summer hits it might be a bit easier for activity to continue.

I haven't been posting because I 'feel awful for being inactive'. That isn't my reasoning.

School came first this semester. I ******** it up last semester and didn't want to do that.

Think of it this way with the only active members we have left. Though Kitty is not our Guild Owner anymore, does Kitty still post?

Sam posts I know still and so does Tabby. Sera unfortunately does not have internet access so it is a little harder for her too.

I TRULY think we all need to work together and gather more members.

I mean we can go out on it individually and I tried once with a thread I made to recruit new members and it got nowhere. I still have that thread so if anyone would like to help me with that I will post the link here.

I know I haven't posted in that thread for a while but I'd like to get it started back up again.

I do wish to voice that...I don't have a problem with MLP and I get we're kind of having fun with it but I really don't think it makes sense to talk about it in our LoK guild.

It's different if we make Nosgoth Ponies but...at the same time when we have a couple threads in here, recent ones...it feels like they were kind of killed from all the ponies.

Again it's fun to talk about and I get we're just being silly but if we want to get this guild back up and running again we need to stop talking about the ponies in the threads. We need to get ourselves together.

I know Kain once said: "As long as a single one of us stands: We are Legion." But I think we need more than one person to stand as legion this time around.  

MadxHatterxTeapot
Vice Captain

Dapper Prophet

11,700 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Explorer 100

Samt03
Crew

Deadly Elder

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 7:39 pm
@Turel: Send a guild announcement for this so the others know to come.  
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 7:48 pm
Samt03

Sadly, I never learned to do that. Would it be possible to ask you to do that or do you want me to make an attempt? I can draft it out for you

@Hatter: I remember being active while pursuing two bachelor's degree's, working, and doing a ton of school activities- including student government. My point of concern is that since there are so few of us anyways and so few of us post. Honestly the pony thing got replies for a bit. But genuine LoK themed threads rarely hit it off
ex: http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=22682827
ex: http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=22394157
ex (?) http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=22506745
ex: http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=22858625

Most threads that take off, even for a bit, are about non-LoK things. To be honest it feels like a general forum here with a minor mutual interest in the series  

Lieutenant Turel

MadxHatterxTeapot
Vice Captain

Dapper Prophet

11,700 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 7:52 pm
Lieutenant Turel
Samt03

Sadly, I never learned to do that. Would it be possible to ask you to do that or do you want me to make an attempt? I can draft it out for you

@Hatter: I remember being active while pursuing two bachelor's degree's, working, and doing a ton of school activities- including student government. My point of concern is that since there are so few of us anyways and so few of us post. Honestly the pony thing got replies for a bit. But genuine LoK themed threads rarely hit it off
ex: http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=22682827
ex: http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=22394157
ex (?) http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=22506745
ex: http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=22858625

Most threads that take off, even for a bit, are about non-LoK things. To be honest it feels like a general forum here with a minor mutual interest in the series

I understand that Rel. I don't expect your experience and mine to be the same in terms of activity. I'm just expressing my own inactivity. I'm not trying to compare it to yours in any way.

I understand that there is little interest in LoK which is why I suggest a recruitment thread.

I just mentioned it and think we should try it out. It's the least we can do. Last I checked I feel like I was the only one that tried. I'm not saying I AM the only one but I think more should be done.  
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 8:00 pm
Lieutenant Turel
Samt03

I can't get on Kain right now.

Go to:
Moderator Panel
Sent guild announcements.
Type it in there using BB tags when needed. Make sure you put url tags around any links you wanted hyperlinked.
Preview what it looks like before you send it. What you see is how it will send.
Then hit send.  

Samt03
Crew

Deadly Elder

Lieutenant Turel

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 8:00 pm
I've been posting in the Gaming threads where I can advertise the game as well. Most kids have never heard of the game and only care about Call of Duty type stuff. It's rather tragic. I have been wandering around cosplay town as well. It's actually a fun place to be but my Castlevania mule is more likely to get recognized than my Raziel mule. I've been putting him around and trying to comment on arenas with both Turel and Raziel as well. Getting more active in the AA threads.  
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 8:04 pm
I understand that and that is fine but if we're not getting anywhere individually why don't we try something together. You know to make it seem like we're not alone and it's not just 'one person' posting about this stuff.

We want to let others know there are more of us out there. Hence the recruitment thread. We ALL post in it.

I mean I'm not sure if we can advertise guilds in the gaming threads but if we can we can put our guild there in there or in the guild search threads.

I just want us all to work together in one thread instead of individually. I mean we can do that but I think it would benefit us more to post in the same thread and have that thread active WHILE we're individually asking.

Say for instance You post a thread rel in the gaming thread. As silly as it sounds, you could send me a message to me that you've made this thread and I'll come over to post in it.

I know that it seems like: 'Well you should come to it anyways'. I might not know about it unless I'm linked to it.

Do you understand what I mean?

I'm trying to help you understand from my perspective on this issue.  

MadxHatterxTeapot
Vice Captain

Dapper Prophet

11,700 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Explorer 100

Lieutenant Turel

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 8:11 pm
Group threads are fine; we need to post them in appropriate sub forums though if we are talking about LoK. I'd hate to see us get warnings for jabbering on about LoK in say, a general anime thread. I do the gaming thread because the series is a gaming series and thus it felt appropriate. I'd like to get a group in cosplay town too.

@Sam Announcements are confusing but I'm reviewing it so I hope it looks good. I keep feeling like I sound dumb in these.  
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 8:14 pm
Lieutenant Turel
Group threads are fine; we need to post them in appropriate sub forums though if we are talking about LoK. I'd hate to see us get warnings for jabbering on about LoK in say, a general anime thread. I do the gaming thread because the series is a gaming series and thus it felt appropriate. I'd like to get a group in cosplay town too.

@Sam Announcements are confusing but I'm reviewing it so I hope it looks good. I keep feeling like I sound dumb in these.

If you need a second opinion you could always send a draft to me too Rel.

Right. I mean we're obviously not going to post a LoK thread in an anime forum. For one there isn't a cartoon on the series so we can't anyways.

Could you name a few forums in which we can post about our series?

I think a group thread is a great idea. The cosplay theme in towns is a nice idea. The visual aspect might help a bit. My only concern is how long we should be in a town per way of advertising our guild. I mean. I don't know which character I would be if I LoKified myself. I could try for Ariel if you'd like. I haven't cosplayed as a LoK character before.

SO that might be a good idea.  

MadxHatterxTeapot
Vice Captain

Dapper Prophet

11,700 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Explorer 100

Lieutenant Turel

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 8:19 pm
@Hatter
Look at Sei's profile. Now back to me. Now back to Sei's profile. Now back to me. I have a lot of cosplay mules. And if you want to borrow one, I'm happy to to do that. Look up, look down- you've so many choices- with the mule you could be cosplaying. Look at their designs- there are so many. Look again- the cosplays took a lot of time. Anything is possible when you have a lot of mules. I'm on a horse. (I wish)

Edit: we're making more  
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 8:22 pm
There was a comic for it though.... so ya know... a/m/C wink

Anyway I gotta get back to work here.  

Samt03
Crew

Deadly Elder

Lieutenant Turel

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 8:24 pm
Samt03
There was a comic for it though.... so ya know... a/m/C wink

Anyway I gotta get back to work here.

Oh! I forgot about the SR1 comic! Thanks for that Sam. Hey, did you want to borrow mule too? I need to make two more to be happy.  
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 8:32 pm
Lieutenant Turel
@Hatter
Look at Sei's profile. Now back to me. Now back to Sei's profile. Now back to me. I have a lot of cosplay mules. And if you want to borrow one, I'm happy to to do that. Look up, look down- you've so many choices- with the mule you could be cosplaying. Look at their designs- there are so many. Look again- the cosplays took a lot of time. Anything is possible when you have a lot of mules. I'm on a horse. (I wish)

Edit: we're making more

Thank you Rel. That's very nice of you but Ariel's design is fairly simply and I'm working on saving up more gold. I'm sure I can rustle up some more stuff to make for her. :3

I'll take care of it.  

MadxHatterxTeapot
Vice Captain

Dapper Prophet

11,700 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Explorer 100

Lieutenant Turel

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 8:35 pm
That's fine. I'm just saying that I worked hard on them so I would be flattered if they were used. After all, I can only be on so many accounts at a time. On my desktop I only have two browsers. If I load the laptop that's an additional 4 more and if I use my Nook I can make it 7.  
The Clan Sanctuary - Main Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff