Welcome to Gaia! ::

The World is Ours // CLOSED

Back to Guilds

The roleplay haven. Join for endless fun~ 

Tags: Roleplaying, Literate, Fantasy, Action, Adventure 

Reply {{::Dead Threads::}}
As Cold as the New Fallen Snow (me and PoppiHollaPuddelz) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Luna De Fuego Caelum

Generous Hunter

5,850 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 7:37 pm
In this world, its always cold and it always snows. The sun hadn't shown itself since ten years before Bianca was born. The world is cased in a clouded darkness. Most people have died. Only few survived the first wave of winter, her mother and father were part of that group. Even till this day, Bianca hadn't known why she survived the first year of birth. It had always been this way. Every day was a struggle for survival. She had always wished for the sun to make the earth whole again. Most say she's foolish, driven by the birthmark of a sun on her right wrist. Maybe she was, but she still believed. She believed someone would come to find her. To show her how to get the sun back, the warmth, the life. But little did she know that the man would show up on her 17th birthday with wings on his back and a promise for a new future. What will happen when she sets out on a journey for life? What will happen between her and the man sent to help her?

Name: Bianca Renalds
Personality: speaks her mind, Brave, insecure at times
Appearance:
User Image  
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 9:42 pm
Luna De Fuego Caelum

User Imagexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Name: Isaac Shay

Personality:Thoughtful and tends to take things slowly. Always tries to find the meanings behind things. Tends to avoid conflict, but he will fight if need be.

Angstbucket Edgelord
Captain

Shadowy Phantom

Luna De Fuego Caelum

Generous Hunter

5,850 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 10:47 pm
PoppiHollaPuddelz

"Happy Birthday To You. Happy Birthday To you..." Bianca laughed as her friends and family sang offbeat and out of tune for her birthday. When they were finished, she sliced the meat for all to have. It had taken all day just to find the meat, but oh it was worth it. The ice had taken almost all the food, but those who survived did what they could. Bianca looked at her wrist, smiling down at the sun shape that was etched into her skin.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 11:01 pm
Luna De Fuego Caelum

Everything was drab and gray. Blue-black shadows, the frosty chill of everlasting sleep permeating the air. He remembered back to the times that he could just feel the ice on his back and the sun on his face - those times were long gone. The purples and pinks of a glowing sky hadn't been seen since, only the stark monochrome of ice fields.
Still, they were beautiful, the frosty flowers. Tracing the shapes absentmindedly, Isaac was surprised to feel a blossoming warmth on the snowflake. Crystal stained red, only as he realised he hadn't seen such an explosion of colour for so long. Already, the prickles of liquid were beginning to freeze solid. Beautiful red flowerings of spring - how he'd missed them.
A few metres away, beyond a giant mound of snow, voices echoed on the still air. There was a solid lead weight of despair behind the false cheerfulness, as the humans hoped desperately to see the sun again.

Angstbucket Edgelord
Captain

Shadowy Phantom

Luna De Fuego Caelum

Generous Hunter

5,850 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 8:50 am
PoppiHollaPuddelz

User Image

Bianca smiled at the crowd that gathered in bundles around small fires. They came to celebrate her 17 years of survival. Survival, not living. She found a time to sneak away from the group. She hugged her shoulders tightly, cushioning herself from the cold. She looked up at the sky. There were no stars. There never was. Only dark, brooding clouds lay over head as she looked longingly at the night sky. She sighed and looked at her wrist. She wondered if any thing would ever change.
The cold had gone on long enough. Whatever made the sun go away wasn't natural. That much she was sure of. Unfortunately, everyone thought her to be crazy and brushed her notions to the side. She didn't understand most of the world, but she understood that the ice that now lay under her feet was not natural. She shuddered and held her shoulders more tightly, trying to shield herself from the cold as she looked back at the sky,  
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 9:00 pm
Luna De Fuego Caelum

There was a breathless tension in the cold air, interspersed by the tiny dollops of light in the form of flickering fires. He knew that they'd die within hours - to the cold wasteland, only mere hints of defiance. The people couldn't hold their own against such a vast foe without the sun.
And there was calm acceptance on their faces. They didn't believe that they could indeed fight, unlike the girl they were singing for. Tonight's star, a brave brightness to light their way to tomorrow. Bianca was a fighter.
Before the endless night was broken, Bianca would know her duty, and realise that she wasn't alone.

Angstbucket Edgelord
Captain

Shadowy Phantom

Luna De Fuego Caelum

Generous Hunter

5,850 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 10:27 pm
PoppiHollaPuddelz

User Image

Bianca looked ahead of her towards the mountains, caked in ice and snow. "The clouds." She said, swallowing back the sorrow that threatened to push out her bravery. "They are getting blacker. That can only mean one thing." She looked back at her friends and family. "Not long now." She said closing her eyes.
"Bianca." Her mother came from behind and put her arm around her. "Do not fret. Its nothing we haven't survived before throughout these 27 years of winter." She assured. "We don't need the sun to be alive."
"How sure can you be?" Bianca looked at her mother. "I see the fear behind your eyes. And everyone else's too. I only pray i could do something to bring the sun back. I want to help. Theres got to be a reason why I have this birthmark." She looked back at her wrist. Her mother put a hand over the sun shape.
"Its because you are the warmth and light of our life, your father and I that is. You are the only sun we need."
"Don't." Bianca said looking away. "Just don't."
"Don't stay out here too long, Birthday Girl. The wind is picking up and its getting colder. Come back soon, kay?"
"Ill only be a short while."
"I love you Bianca. Remember that."
"Don't make this seem like a goodbye. Have hope."
"We do." With that, her mother left Bianca to her thoughts.  
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 4:47 am
Luna De Fuego Caelum

The singing ceased. Isaac closed his eyes, feeling the frosty air bite deep. There was a toneless tinkle as the glistening shards slid off a nearby heap of crystals. Her footsteps, light but by no means soundless, sent tiny shivers throughout the earth. Almost - as if it could reach out and grasp a hint of its saviour.
"Don't stay out here too long, Birthday Girl. The wind is picking up and its getting colder. Come back soon, kay?"
"Ill only be a short while."

"A little white lie never hurt anybody, but don't you think your promise will cut them deep?"
Isaac flashed his recently scarred palm at the approaching girl, sending the icy shard of a culprit spinning through the air.

Angstbucket Edgelord
Captain

Shadowy Phantom

Luna De Fuego Caelum

Generous Hunter

5,850 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 3:31 pm
PoppiHollaPuddelz

User Image

"A little white lie never hurt anybody, but don't you think your promise will cut them deep?" The voice was unfamiliar and caused Bianca to whirl around. There was a blur of motion and a thud. She looked at her feet and saw something icy laying at her feet. She took a quick step back, looking back up at the man that stood before her. He, obviously, wasn't normal. Bianca lifted her chin and balled her fist, ready to defend herself if need be.
"Who are you? What do you want?" She asked, her eyes fixed on the man. She wasn't sure what would happen next. She wasn't sure if she should trust the man or not. But somehow, she felt like she could trust him.  
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 2:54 am
Luna De Fuego Caelum

A hint of amusement flitted across Isaac's expression as Bianca reacted. So she was as fiercely loyal and headstrong as the rumours had mentioned her to be - though it should really have been no surprise.
It always seemed funny to him, how humans demanded to know "who" and "what" and "why", when an unbroken silence could convey much more than words ever could. Truth be told, he wasn't entirely sure about how to answer this one - giving his name surely wouldn't be of any use. Isaac could be as much a friend as an enemy.
A pause. Reconsidering, words slotting themselves into order in the fractured puzzle pieces of his mind.
"I'm a friend, Bianca. A friend to all who seek the sun, those who want the same thing as myself."
He stretched out his hand hesitantly, an offer and a request in the single movement.

Angstbucket Edgelord
Captain

Shadowy Phantom

Luna De Fuego Caelum

Generous Hunter

5,850 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 4:23 pm
PoppiHollaPuddelz

User Image
Bianca hesitated, eyeing the man curiously. After what seemed an eternity of silence, her expression soften and she took his hand gratefully.
"I see no intent to harm in your eyes. Only sorrow and longing for the sun as much as I or anyone else. I see you as a friend." She said tilting her head softly. "For now." she added with a small smile. "What brings you here?" She asked looking at the sky again. "I know what brings me." She added softly with a sigh.
It has gone on too long. This frost is too much. We will all die. I don't want to die. I don't want anyone to die.
Those thoughts seemed to be the only thing that could ever swim about in her mind on a daily basis. They never went a way. And as she thought those thoughts now, she could feel a little bit of warmth caressing her cheek.  
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 5:53 am
Luna De Fuego Caelum

Hi! I'm so sorry, I'm pretty busy now but I'll probably post within a week. Those damned exams are giving me writer's block D;  

Angstbucket Edgelord
Captain

Shadowy Phantom

Angstbucket Edgelord
Captain

Shadowy Phantom

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 6:09 am
Luna De Fuego Caelum

In response to her words, Isaac flipped over their joined hands, ruching back Bianca's sleeve to expose the mark.
"The bearer of the Sol mark. I'd assume that you were one of the ones who had the strongest ties to the sun, one of the ones who wanted this the most."
A minute of quiet contemplation, admiration of the fine, spiralling lines on pale skin. Isaac wondered who else believed. Previously, it would have been possible for the combined strength of the humans' willpower to push back the cold, but now the hope dwindled with what little remained of light. Bianca's flame burned bright as ever, though there seemed to be a barrier of sorts pushing it back. The mark.
Again it caught his eye. But Isaac realised now. Not a mark, but a seal, to hold in the overflowing energy inside the girl. If they were to make the journey, she'd have to be prepared.
"I'm sorry for having to do this, Bianca. It'll be over quickly."
The same shard that had cut him sliced cleanly through, leaving a trail of red over the mark. The gates fell back. A single drop of red coloured the ice.
One for the homeland.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 3:07 pm
User Image
PoppiHollaPuddelz

Bianca gasped and winced as the blade swept across her pale wrist. She pulled back her hand from the man, eyes widening in rage as she gripped her wrist in her other hand. "What in gods name are you doing?" She said looking at her wrist. Her eyes widened as she realized what was happening. The wound that once bled onto the ice was beginning to heel, and the birthmark had changed. She looked at the man. "What the..." She said, her forehead creasing in confusion.
The birthmark that was once full of interloping lines was now an outline of the sun it once was. Now, nothing filled the inside of the sun; it was blank. "What is going on?" She asked looking at him. "Would you like to explain?"
Before she could get the answer, something prompted her to look at the sky. Before her very eyes, she could see the sun. It was still cold, which led her to believe the sun was not really there. She put her arm up to reach for the sun but as soon as it came, it disappeared, morphing back into the colorless, depressive sky that it was.  

Luna De Fuego Caelum

Generous Hunter

5,850 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
{{::Dead Threads::}}

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers