Submit

Jeremiah Saint Cloud

Eloquent Capitalist

8,200 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 6:06 pm
The Gates are the only entrance into the Eastern Air Temple. Like the Southern Temple, the Eastern Temple needs airbending to be opened. Two Airbenders stand in front of the Temple at all times as a means to open it for any who aren't an enemy of the Air Nomads.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 4:16 pm
User ImageXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX The city is f a l l i ng . . . XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX on m e . . .XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX and I can't h o l d it . . .
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX The city is f a l l i ng . . . XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX on m e . . .XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX and I can't h o l d it . . .
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX The city is f a l l i ng . . . XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX on m e . . .XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX and I can't h o l d it . . .

XXXXXXXXXXXXX______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
User Image
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXMy eyes XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXfor my country XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXand its demise
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXMy eyes XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXfor my country XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXand its demise

XXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXX⤴⤴XXXX XXXX⤴⤴XXXX
XXXXUser Image
XXXXXXX"I am the ocean..."
The boy arrived at the Eastern Air Temple to begin his study on the Airbenders. He believed he could make a waterbending style based on airbending, and that was reason enough to come here. The people of the Tribes could handle themselves while he was gone. "Knock knock!" He called to the people manning the gates. Once they opened for him, he walked in with a big, dumb style on his face.

The Wild Hunt
Captain

Shirtless Giver

9,625 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Critic 0

Jeremiah Saint Cloud

Eloquent Capitalist

8,200 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 4:20 pm
Lorio Helix | Air Nomad | Adept
|| Airbender || Grandmaster Lorio ||

User Image

Lorio's body formed outside the gates, a smirk on his face and his hands behind his head. He stared at the guards who had opened the door for the foreigner. "Ah, ah, my friend." He formed a ball of wind underneath himself and rolled around in front of the man. Then, the air disappeared and he bowed before him. "Hello, there. I am Lorio Helix, the Grandmaster of this, here, Temple, and that other one that I like just as much. What would you like of the fine people of this land?"

Current Allegiance: [The Air Temples]

"I am Lorio Helix, the Nomadic Grandmaster of the Airbenders."  
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 4:41 pm
User ImageXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX The city is f a l l i ng . . . XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX on m e . . .XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX and I can't h o l d it . . .

XXXXXXXXXXXXX______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
User Image

XXXXX
XXXXUser Image
"I'd like to kill all of you," The boy rolled his eyes. "Just kidding. I kinda wanna study airbenders because... well, I'm the avatar, and--" The boy laughed ridiculously, correcting himself once more. "Kidding again! I'm the Water Tribe Chieftain, and that's not a joke. I want to learn from the airbenders so that I can make a style of waterbending that benefits from the knowledge of our combined history." That was really the jist of it, but it wasn't just that. He had always, always wanted to be here. The rich animal life, the history and architecture, the people and their culture. It was beautiful. He had been to every nation but this one, and yet the strange thing was... he was just like these people. He knew he'd get along here, and he knew he'd learn from here. "Oh! And by the way, by the way --! I have a ton of questions. Tons of 'em. About those big flying butts with six legs that you guys have. What're they called again?" He rubbed his chin, looking over at Bungie for answers. The frog turtle just shrugged its shoulders. "Ribbit. And s**t."

The Wild Hunt
Captain

Shirtless Giver

9,625 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Critic 0

Jeremiah Saint Cloud

Eloquent Capitalist

8,200 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 4:46 pm

User Image

Lorio's muscles tensed, then loosened after listening to the boy's first words. "Wait, how do I know that you're not lying about being the Chieftain, hm...?" His chin rose for a moment before returning to normal. "I see, I see. Well, aren't you the lil' ambitious Chieftain?" He smiled to the man and walked in a circle. "Tell me, is the world outside still... mad? I've been too busy stabilizing my own borders to pay any attention to anything else. The other Nomads come first to me, you see."

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 5:14 pm

User Image

XXXXX
XXXXUser Image
Taka shrugged his shoulders, raised his arms, and threw off a sarcastic look from his eyes. "You have absolutely no way," And that was his response to Lorio wondering if he was telling the truth. It was true, but it wasn't like he had any way to verify it. Anything could be faked, really. If he wanted to, he was sure he could find some real-looking paper saying that he was the Queen of the Earth Kingdom who recently underwent gender reassignment surgery. It even sounded like fun. "And, isn't that cute. Aren't you the lil' wish-washy old fart?" He laughed at himself, thinking about how horrible he was as a diplomat. But that was fine. He didn't come here for diplomacy. "The world was recently blown up by a giant meteor called Dumdum. It was from the Earth Nation you see -- a meteor that is ignited by excess testosterone -- and they only recently realized that it was a meteor. Because they're idiots, and now the world is blown up. Oh, and the moon is now a back-up dancer for an all-female rap group called Bumi and the gurlz." If his over-exaggerated story of things that never happened and never will happen wasn't enough to show Lorio that nothing interesting was going on, then... well, he'd have to try something else. World was boring as s**t.

The Wild Hunt
Captain

Shirtless Giver

9,625 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Critic 0

Jeremiah Saint Cloud

Eloquent Capitalist

8,200 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 5:28 pm

User Image

"Not old, my friend. Experienced." Lorio chuckled and took a single step back. "Tah, tah, Chieftain." In an instant, the gates locked again and the guards said nothing, simply staring ahead. The gates required Airbending in order to get in, so he couldn't simply force the guards to open it for him. Not like that would be the best way to go about it. He could always do some persuading, right?

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 5:53 pm
User ImageUser Image

User Image

xxxxxGyasen had traversed up the path to the gates of the temple arms loaded with a few herbs he had gone out to collect. He stopped a few feet back when he saw someone his age but clearly not an air nomad or acolyte standing outside the locked gates. "Whaaat's going on here?" He questioned glancing to the locked gates then back to the waterbender. He shifted the pack on his shoulder causing him to drop the plants in his arms. Gya scrambled to try to catch them before they collided with the ground. But without the skill of bending to aid him yet it was to no avail.  

Dii of Babylon

Divine Associate

The Wild Hunt
Captain

Shirtless Giver

9,625 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Critic 0
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 6:06 pm

User Image

XXXXX
XXXXUser Image
Maybe no avail to Gyasen, but Taka managed. As soon as they began to fall, he scooped water from the moisture in the air and sent balls of water colliding with the falling herbs, like bubbles wrapping around them in defense. When they hit the ground, they bounced, and then he raised them up and brought them back to Gyasen. He probably didn't do it as could as an airbender could've, but... "Gotcha!" He was still proud of himself anyway. "Well, I don't really know what's going on here either. I was talking to your Grandmaster and then he locked me out... guess he's not really the "joke" type of person." Taka frowned, Bungie trying to cheer him up by... spitting water at his head. That was always cheerful. "...Guess I shouldn't be talking bad about someone I don't know." The boy sighed, almost ready to turn and leave. But he didn't want to make himself look or feel any worse by running off like a big whimp. Bungie was still with him, and Bungie was manly.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 6:14 pm

User Image

"I don't like dicks... figuratively, of course." Lorio frowned as small puffs of wind exited from inside the gates, then they opened. "Believe me, how good of a leader would I be if I locked everyone out? Not a good one. Hello, Gya." The Monk smiled and gave a leisurely wave in his underling's direction. "Please, do join me inside the Temple, the both of you. Anything in particularly you would like to do inside? I'm willing to do whatever." His personality hadn't really changed. The gate situation was just a way of testing the Chieftain's resolve.

Jeremiah Saint Cloud

Eloquent Capitalist

8,200 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200

Dii of Babylon

Divine Associate

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 7:27 pm
User ImageUser Image

User Image

xxxxx"Nice catch waterbender!" Gyasen laughed in surprise as the collected herbs were saved and brought back to him. He plucked the plants from the bubbles and put them in his pack. Before he could say anymore in response to Taka Lorio open the gates. With his hands free now he placed his fist to his open hand and bowed in respect to the Grand Monk, "Thank you Grandmaster Lorio." He straightened up and began to walk towards the gate, "I don't know what you said to Lorio to warrant being locked out but if he's letting you in you should take up on the offer. And if you're up for anything Grandmaster, would it be possible to start my training?"

(( Uuuugh took too long for such a half assed post ))

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 8:26 pm

User Image

XXXXX
XXXXUser Image
Taka grinned when the gate opened, but didn''t bother to hide that he was still annoyed that it closed in the first place. "I don't really know what warranted me being locked out, either." Well, he had a few ideas, but none that needed to be shared. Also, Lorio's comment disturbed him. Deeply. The old man didn't need to go telling people about what he didn't like... or did like. Taka kept that to himself, though -- these were the airbenders, and they weren't like him. But they did seem to have changed over all of this time. He could see that. "If you'd allow me to, I'd like to train with you, Gyasen!" Taka smiled brightly, seeming to perk up from how he was before. He came here for training too, after all. And while he was at it, he could be around Lorio, and Gyasen, seeing and hearing what the people of the Temples were like. It sounded great. He was ready to jump at the opportunity. "Oh... and, thank you, Grandmaster." ...And that also meant he didn't want to get locked out again. Bungie didn't really wanna get locked out, either -- he was huuungry. "How about it, Bungie? Wanna get food?" Taka smiled and rubbed his baby under its neck, with the Frog Turtle licking him. "Shiiiiit." That was a yes. He... thought.

The Wild Hunt
Captain

Shirtless Giver

9,625 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Critic 0

Jeremiah Saint Cloud

Eloquent Capitalist

8,200 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 8:34 pm

User Image

"Sure. I'd gladly help you begin your training. We don't want the tradition of Airbending to end, now do we?" Lorio smiled and turned to Taka. "Please. We don't need warrants here in Air Temple... land... and s**t. We do what we please when it pleases us, in the most respectful manner possible." The Monk laughed, as what he had done to the Chieftain wasn't very respectful. "Come on in, one and all. We shall have more fun than possible in any of those other Nations." He twisted his hips and pointed inside the gates. "To The Wind Current we go! Come, Gya, Chieftain!" On another ball of air, he rolled into the gates with a humongous amount of energy.

[Exit]

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 9:16 pm
User ImageUser Image

User Image

xxxxxGyasen chuckled a little but looked a little confused when Taka asked to train with him, "Sure, I think?" The confused look rolled over to Lorio as well. But air was meant to be the element of freedom, so the Grandmaster could act as he pleased. The swearing frog creature got the same look. Everyone was just a little bit odd and despite the look Gya was still grinning. He couldn't help but find entertainment in those around him. He followed after the older man, joyful to finally begin his training and intrigued by the events.

-exit-

Dii of Babylon

Divine Associate

The Wild Hunt
Captain

Shirtless Giver

9,625 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Critic 0
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 9:52 pm
EXIT AND s**t