Submit

The Town Taunts Hadou

Hilarious Werewolf

4,550 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Swap Meet 100
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 2:48 pm
A theater located on Ember Island. The Ember Island Theater is possibly the best small stage, local theater in all of the Fire Nation. It is supported by upper-class Ember Islanders who want to retain the island's pristine reputation. Although the theater itself is magnificent, due to recent renovations, the plays performed inside are far from excellent. The theater is relatively big, surrounded by red curtains. Illumination is provided by several lanterns located in the roof of the structure.

The stage is separated from the viewing area by a bench accessed with stairs located at the ends. The public section is located in front of the stage, either at a level lower than this, or in the gallery, which has several tiers available for people.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 2:42 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Normally on nights like these the theater was packed to maximum capacity, but not this time. Anika had taken measures to assure that it would be deserted via a very threatening meeting with its owner. A faint smile crossed the girl's face as she recalled the image of the owner's visage as she slowly stole the air from right inside his lungs. She couldn't suppress the giggle from coming out when he uselessly clawed at the air, his eyes bulging and his body convulsing. It didn't take long for him to agree to her terms. It could be argued that there was an easier way to have accomplished that. Maybe Anika could have paid him off. But where was the fun in that? At least she was content. For now. Anika was a small woman, slight and built for agility rather than raw power. It made sense, of course. She originally called the Eastern Air Temple 'home'. There she was born and raised as your generic minded air nomad, until she decided it was far too tame a lifestyle for her. No one can ever tell where she's from, not a single hint of her upbringing remains on her. Anika never wears anything remotely similar to the typical robes, choosing instead a sweater, scarf, and dark pants. Despite her having mastered a number of styles she had not a single tattoo marking how far she had come. Her hair was stark white and firmly attached to her head, not shaved to show the tattoos anywhere. A smattering of freckles covered her cheeks, and green eyes peered out from beneath dark eyebrows. Anika was currently balancing expertly on the upper balcony in the VIP section. She had turned the lights on at the stage so people knew where to gather, but it seemed she was the first to arrive. Where the hell was Hakan at? He probably found some well tanned island boy to play with. It wouldn't do if he was late though, that'd just make them look unorganized. Smirking, Anika couldn't help but let her excitement build up once more. Today was the day they'd get to see just exactly who wanted to watch Han Jin fall. The call had been to masters of all walks off life. As if in response to her own thoughts Anika held out her arms to both sides and fell backward. The sudden free fall had her hair and clothes whipping forth. With a slight swirling of her hands a cushion of wind popped between her body and the floor. A small breath escaped her lips when she made contact and bounced, suspended by the wind. A powerful screech sounded as a brilliant eagle-hawk took flight from its perch high in the rafters. Anika pouted and folded her arms as she raised herself from the cushion. "Oh come on! Don't be a party pooper, Aras. You know it'll take more than that to put an end to me." Her words were directed at her companion and while it did not respond, it understood. The bird circled a few times before settling on the back of a chair near his master. A slender hand reahed out and brushed the head of the eagle-hawk, as tenderly as a mother would hold their child. Aras bristled his wings, spreading them slightly and shaking his head rigorously. The bird was displeased with the current situation. This was taking far too long.

A faint smile
Vice Captain

Dedicated Friend

TDG Super Kami

Dapper Werewolf

6,200 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 3:18 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

TABTAB The children's little eyes lit up like fireworks when they saw the first spirits appear seemingly out of thin air. Tikaani, native to the Southern Water Tribe, knew better, though. This was no magic trick, merely a request from a mortal to beings who saw him as more than others of his own kind. The children watched as five or six glowing and transparent rabbit-like creatures with giant, long ears danced in the air. He liked the little moments like this when there was no fighting or raging, corrupted spirits. He liked the times when Atik could just stroll around without causing fear; not many people had ever seen a Wolf-Bear before. At least Tikaani did not have to go through the tedious process of confirming Atik would not eat the people on the island, though the wolf-bear sometimes decided pretend otherwise.

TABTAB As soon, the spirits were gone, as was Tikaani. Moving from the fascinated kids, he proceeded to the theater. His calling had been a strange one: a mere letter, no name, just a summons to the building on this day. He would entertain this.... whatever it was for now, but if it proved to be a waste of time he would leave for more pressing matters. His mediations had called to his attention unrest in various highly populated areas that might require his particular brand of expertise. He used his staff as a walking stick of sorts as he neared the theater in question and used it to open the door. Something as mysterious as this? Knocking and asking for permission to enter was redundant. As he entered, he allowed his hat of sorts to hang back which in turn allowed his eyes to scan the inside. The one person he saw inside emanated a certain power. A bender, obviously from how she manipulated air to cushion her fall. The screech of an eagle-hawk caused him to cringe slightly. So he was not the only one with an animal companion.

TABTAB "Are we it or are we just the first?" No point in drawing it out. She would have known his entrance so there was little point in remaining silent unless he wanted to appear as a creeper. Maybe next time, but not now.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 3:22 pm

Ah . . . I remember.

The flashing lights were beginning to spark in the sky; the sun had come to set, the moon rising in its place. It was dark out, and yet there was so much color. Everything was so beautiful. The fields, the hilltops, the sky; with nothing but open space, everything around could be seen and admired. "Do you think it's gonna be like this forever, guys? We're already thirteen years old. We're gonna have to get jobs soon, defend against Spirits. Doesn't that scare you?" The girl, who was both innocent and kind, spoke to the rest of her friends: three boys, two girls, together forming five young children with starry eyes. "I think," Haman started, reaching his arms out to pull everyone together. "That it'll be this way for as long as we keep it alive. The Spirits . . . the adults . . . they can't take from us if we won't let go." The boy smiled, and so too did everyone else.

Haman was always so beautiful, so strong. Everyone always looked up to him. When I was enlisted as an assassin, I decided to abandon Tang, my old name, and embrace a name much like his. It made me feel as if I were connected again to him, and that starry-eyed group of friends.

Years ago, we found our home. We became fifteen years old, old enough to work jobs and make money for hunting spirits. We were some really good benders, especially Haman, Kama and I. Haman even knew how to cleanse a Dark Spirit; he was everything to us, our pride and joy. As we moved into our home together in Republic City, he was always the one we looked to for guidance. I think he enjoyed his position as sort of . . . the big brother of the group. I think the reason he was always smiling was because in his mind, he had a lot to smile for. It made me smile, too. I really miss that sensation.

Eventually, the world proved to me that while light can shine out the darkness, darkness can also fester in the light. The boy who I had grown up with -- the boy I had grown to love, changed, the feelings he'd cherished for us . . . and especially myself . . . they became second place for something else, another feeling; a fear. I don't know exactly how it happened, but I know that Haman had always been so deeply connected to the Spirits. It was as if, as the world worsened and they grew darker, he became more and more detached. We watched our friend who was everything become nothing at all in the span of six months. Six short, long months that would have haunted us forever had we not had each other.

It was during this time that I began to understand the fate of the world, and that I had to help my nation survive these turbulent times. I remember the words he spoke to me, back then. Tang, he called my name. I love you -- but I don't love myself. I'm ashamed to be who I am. I'm ashamed to have been born in this world. He never clarified what he had meant, and yet I understand now more than ever. He was ashamed to be human. As much as he loved me and everyone else, he acknowledged that our kind was so weak. He couldn't ever dream of fighting off the inner battles that had been given off to him, nor to ever clear the Spirits of their darkness. He had begun to fill himself with hopelessness, that our kind may never be saved.

By the time he died . . . suicide, to my greatest regret . . . the Avatar had been revealed and had sworn to save the world and restore its balance. For the first few moments, I believed him, the Sages, and the Gong Jen. But like many others, I had come to realize just what the Avatar's words meant. They didn't mean anything. The Avatar was a spirit, one that fed the flame of darkness. Everyone had noticed that this Avatar was different too -- fearful, as if possessed.

Only humans could ever resolve this crisis. The man before our eyes was nothing but a double agent; one that could be switched to either side by the whim of his inner demon. I vowed to never give him too much power, to always keep him away from his ambitions. With the rise of the Spirit Bonds, other humans became capable of cleansing spirits and closing spiritual rifts. He had become outdated; a dangerous, unstable relic of the old world.

My nation employed me to the second highest rank of their assassin order, one below the commissioner. My goal was to kill people that may give power to the Dark Spirits, and to cleanse those monsters wherever I could find them. So -- I came here. I'm not sure how well I'll fare with a new group of friends. To be honest, I still feel as if I am with the people of old. I remember their bright blue eyes, their black, blue, brown, white hair . . . I remember their smiles. I don't think anything can ever replace that.

What I'm here for is all business, no pleasure. I will remember.

"Anika." The wind began to rise.
                                                                      "Ember Island reveals the secrets you don't want to bear. Do you think it's all really true -- this place?"

The Wild Hunt
Captain

Shirtless Giver

9,625 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Critic 0

The Town Taunts Hadou

Hilarious Werewolf

4,550 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Swap Meet 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 5:01 pm
User ImageUser Image

Being the youngest lieutenant of the earth kingdom military ranks, there was something about the useless babble and constant drivel on the Earth Queen that drove me insane. I had to get away and I honestly couldn't take the constant noise of an old woman shouting and barking orders. Attack this, defend that, make sure the stupid bear doesn't get in my way. It was like my own little slice of hell and I was already trying to get away from that when I left the Fire Nation, having changed my entire existence so that I may live a new life. Earth Kingdom had its perks and Zaofu was only a place to stay now and again for the sake of being a holding ground. But I wish to tear apart the chain of weak command and create a substantial and strong army, with or without a ruler. When I had heard that I was going to be working under a complete dunderhead named Yukan, who was slow, immoral, and had the ladies on the mind, I couldn't stay. I wandered the streets of Zaofu to get away from the Earth Kingdom, hearing the local gossip of the people, hearing them speak of a meeting within the land of fire. I was truly oblivious to the intentions of the meeting but would do anything to have a reason to escape the Earth Kingdom's choking grasp. I explained to the queen that my infiltration and success of taking down the conspirators would be beneficial to the Earth Kingdom, which she agreed upon. I put on my best cloak and made my way to the so-called meeting at the theater. I could hear voices as I was getting closer to the main event, the voices seemed familiar but it would probably be nothing more but a coincidence.

1xx3xx0xx0xxx/xxx1xx3xx0xx0

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 5:22 pm

TABTABFootsteps down the hall had me springing up onto the balls of my feet, crouching slightly and peering through the darkness. Finally! With the grace only a person my size could have I sprinted towards the entrance. I pressed my body flush against the wall, sucking in a breath and waiting for the greatest a** munching weeny butt to come walking around the corner. Each step brought my excitement rising higher and higher until I felt I was about to burst. When they came close enough to signify his proximity, I slid from the wall with a burst of speed and shouted at the top of my lungs. "Kanno!" I screamed, augmented by a gust of wind that kicked up with a little help from yours truly. Aras took off with yet another screech: what a sour puss. The laughter spilled over before I could stop it and I was doubled over in a poor attempt to contain it. That was when it hit me. This guy wasn't Hakan. For a moment the only sound was that of Aras' incessant flapping. God couldn't that bird settle down already? The jubilee was washed right out of me and replaced by a very exasperated stare. What was the big idea making me think he was Hakan? My arms folded across my chest and a frowned at this guy and his robes. Robes. Change the colors and they were too similar to the wretched clothes everyone had to wear back at the temple. Looking up and down with as little tact as possible I took in the stranger's entire appearnce. What a stupid hat. This guy had the most pampered beard I had ever seen, he took better care of himself than most of the girls I had met along my life. Hakan would probably think he was handsome, but then again Kanno was more into bishie faced boys. With one finger I reached out and knocked around the fancy stones he had tied to his stick. Man, how prissy was this guy going to get. Plastering a big smile onto my face and giving him the dumbest look I could manage, I spoke. "Yep. Just you and me, two peas in a pod. Gonna take down the whole world with our bare hands." I spread my arms nice and wide and wiggled my fingers as if to emphasize my point. My expression returning to one of slight agitation, I stepped to the side and looked down the hall.

TABTABHakan! There he was. Without a second glance to the stranger I walked along side my friend for a bit in order to obtain a momentary slice of privacy. I couldn't help but stare intently into his eyes, searching him for all I could. He had a habit of saying things I didn't completely understand. He was an old soul, deep thinking and meticulous. I steepled my fingertips together and brought them up to my face. Only after I took a step forward and closed the distance did I speak. "I think it's true...if you let it be true." I let my eye contact linger with him, trying to seem enigmatic. Hakan would find his own meaning and hopefully whatever was on his mind would be pushed away. This wasn't exacty a great time to have a deep conversation about our past lives.The future was coming at us a lot faster than it had been yesterday, we have to be prepared. Reaching out a hand I squeezed him lightly on the arm, offering a consolatory smile. Suddenly noticing what looked like the world's largest twelve year old I pushed past Kanno and pointed at the newest new guy. "Hey, did you lose your mom or something? How the hell did a kid end up with an invitation? Suspicion growing on me like a fungus I narrowed my eyes very slowly. There had to be more to this guy than meets the eye.

A faint smile
Vice Captain

Dedicated Friend

TDG Super Kami

Dapper Werewolf

6,200 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 5:54 pm

TABTAB "Tikaani, and if you plan to embrace the world as you do strangers it might get the wrong idea."

TABTAB Tikaani did not react negatively to the series of events following the entrance into the theater. He braced himself when it was obvious she was not paying attention. He only made a slight face when she played with the talismans hanging from his staff. The reason? He knew how to deal with children, or at the least child like personalities. Let them continue their flurry of oddities and the heart of the matter would soon reveal itself.

TABTAB The male that asked the woman, Anika was her name, an odd question gave off odd mojo feelings. To prove the point, the stones on his staff hummed softly in the way that probably only Tikaani could hear. Spiritual reaction? Maybe. If so, it was powerful to maintain a powerful presence in the mortal plane. Anika and he seemed to know each other. Interesting.

TABTAB The actual child that followed might have been young indeed, but carried himself as though her were of a high station. Interesting. This might be much less boring than he first thought. This was definitely a weird bunch to gather.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 5:58 pm

The man looked out to the shore. Anika's response was not surprising coming from her, and to be honest, it was quite possibly the wisest choice of words. Many things were true if you let them be. Shamanistic rituals to heal your mind, monsters under your bed; they didn't even have to be real, or to have an effect, but they could change you and the way you interact with the world. Perhaps this place was just another beautiful island along the Fire Nation coast. Maybe it meant nothing more than dirt and the breeze; it was not as the tales implied. Yet, he couldn't help but feel an overbearing harmony here. The scenery reminded him of those days as a kid, playing in the sand, smiling as he looked up to see his friends. It had sentimental value. "Our employer sent us here because he wanted us to feel privileged. Unified. This is one of the last places in the world not seething in the breath of Dark Spirits. It must have a very powerful harmonic energy." The man lowered himself to take a seat, his foot playing with the mixture of sand and grass, without the sole of a shoe to stop him.

Hakan tended to sound quite preachy and aged when it came to the nature of his tongue. At other times, he could be playful, funny, charismatic. That was often what drew people to him; the hot and the cold, water and oil. It was his appeal, and it was what made him so . . . popular as an assassin. "Four of us are already gathered. We have enough people for one squadron. With that, I suppose it'd be fair to reveal to you the pivotal information of this campaign: why the Chen Rai exist, and why we're hiring new members." One thing the people here hadn't been informed of was that Hakan was already a member of the organization, not a new invitee. He was actually the one that initially distributed the invites, so he knew about the capabilities -- generally speaking -- of each person here.

They each held some level of respect in his eyes.

"The Chen Rai are an organization formed as a rogue sector of the Gong Jen. We are led by a man named Suihara Souta, who doubly serves as the commissioner of the Water Tribe's elite assassin force, the Nua-Tabai. He and I are considered the only elite members of the organization at the moment, but considering the Avatar's formidable force, we decided that two was far from enough." He looked to each of them, crossing his arms and leaning back into some soft stone. "Han Jin Ben, the Avatar, and his constituents . . . Taka Shen, Jay Ao Lin, Monk Liana, Layna Ju BanShu, and Monk Gyasen . . . those are our targets. They're the active members of the Gong Jen, a force that has been riling up spirits and causing chaos as a result of their refusal to recognize the real issue: the Avatar." That was only the cause for more cynicism, most likely. It was difficult to explain why exactly they theorized that the Avatar was the root of the issue. A lot of it was honestly ancient tales that seemed to come more and more to life.

Some was Suihara's personal experience with the Avatar. "We are here to hunt down and murder Avatar Han Jin. I will not lie about that. Since his conception, Spirit attacks have increased by an estimated four-hundred percent. Suihara, who used to be his traveling companion, noted that he constantly saw visions and had a contingent of corrupted Spirits following him and monitoring him endlessly. He also passed out frequently, was known for violent episodes, and even manifested a dark purple energy when he entered the Avatar State. With all of this evidence, it is impossible to deny that he has not already been corrupted, and is not currently radically increasing the damage done to the physical world. We exist as a force to assassinate him, as well as any opposition from the Gong Jen, then further going on to close the spirit portals and exterminate the spirits still residing within our world. That is our goal."

The Wild Hunt
Captain

Shirtless Giver

9,625 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Critic 0

The Town Taunts Hadou

Hilarious Werewolf

4,550 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Swap Meet 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 6:25 pm
User ImageUser Image

"So, this is what the word from the grapevine was about." The child lowered his hood, no one would probably recognize his face because he had only became the lieutenant of the Earth Kingdom's militant forces 4 years ago, "I am Akira Pao Xing, Lieutenant of the Earth Kingdom Militia." He then looks to everyone in the room. "So you aim to take down the avatar in order to restore true balance to this world and the previous leaders, members of the Gong Jen are in on this as well. My lady Layna, one whom I've respected for so long aims to protect someone who will only drive the world into chaos." He bites his bottom lip, clenches his fist even. This was the same woman who taught him traditional earthbending and even took care of him years back. He couldn't believe it, he wouldn't. But it all adds up, her disappearance, the current activity of the avatar, and even the rise in anarchy within the walls of the Earth Kingdom. He needed to get answers and he'd only get those answers from her. But the only way he'd do that, is to join this group and take down the other members in the name of justice.

1xx3xx0xx0xxx/xxx1xx3xx0xx0

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 6:59 pm

TABTABAs Hakan chose to settle down in a chair Anika hopped onto a railing in the aisle and rested easily against it. Her legs swung back and forth in a constant and unceasing motion. When Tikaani gave his name and spoke to her Anika turned her head and looked right at him again. One eyebrow angled as an inquisitive look was given. The girl moved her mouth around as if savoring the taste of a delicious morsel. Then she screwed up her face and shook her head. "Embrace is a funny word for liberate. Unchain? Detach? Save, for the bleeding hearts out there. Those work better." Anika was a very peculiar person. She had mood swings, good moments and bad moments. Sometimes she acted out in small ways in order to keep herself from acting out in a big way. Other times, she held it completely together and could hold a deep and meaningful conversation. It was as if one had to flip a coin at the start of every conversation with her. Maybe you'd get the coherent, adult version. Maybe you'd get the one who'd put so much pressure around your head just to see how much it'd take to pop your eyes out. Anika settled in as comfortably as she could on her railing. She settled down and listened intently as Hakan spoke. Even though he was younger than her she often deferred to him to know what the hell was going on. The kid had a way with his actions and his words. That, and he was a damned good bender. With her own eyes she had beheld some pretty bitching tricks he pulled in the past. It was obvious she respected him, but it wasn't some sort of creepy reverence or even misplaced attraction. Hakan liked boy bits just as much as Anika liked girl bits, that wasn't apart of the equation. They were friends, and this anarchaic airbender held him in high regards.

TABTABName after name rang in her eyes as Kanno spoke, though one stuck out more than any of the others. The Monk Liana. They came from the same home, were about the same age, and were both masters of the Air Element. Everything about them so similar yet they couldn't be more different. Just the mention of that name sent shivers down Anika's body. Of course she would want to fight her. To prove she was better and watch the life get sucked right out of her. Oh yeah, and put a stop to the Avatar and all that too. Right. Anika snapped out of her momentary lapse in brain functionality and caught up right as Hakan was wrapping up his little introduction. The girl took a brief look around the place to see if anyone else had come. It would pretty much suck to suck for anyone who came after. They missed out on the show. A high pitched voice squeaked out from the other side of the room, it belonged to the preteen in the room. At his age he had become a lieutenant in an army? Well kudos to him! She felt a sudden awkwardness descend upon her as she watched Akira. Was he really about to cry. Wanting to be the first to break the tension in the room Anika swung a leg over the rail and straddled it so she could face all who gathered. "Now that we're all clear on what our purpose is we can settle in a bit. I am Anika, the resident Air bender of this little band of merry misfits. We'll be working very closely with one another to kill as many of those pesky Gong Jen as possible, so let's get friendly real quick, mmkay?" She felt it better to get their archetypes out of the way. She'd go out on a limb and say that Akira was an earth bender. Hakan was a water bender, that was already known. And judging from the copious amounts of blue Tikaani was wearing he probably hailed from some cold a** part of the world too.

A faint smile
Vice Captain

Dedicated Friend

TDG Super Kami

Dapper Werewolf

6,200 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 7:23 pm

TABTAB Tikaani gave a sort of soft smile to Anika's words. "Heh... Bleeding hearts don't last long. Their opinions matter little." And then he waited, and listened. Then the pieces clicked, as far as why he was even summoned here. He thought about the timing of spirit attacks he witnessed first hand and the timing mentioned by this Hakan character. It made sense.

TABTAB "Tikaani, formerly from the North Pole." Tikaani spoke up, then tapped the butt of his staff on the ground and whispered something short and soft, then nodded to an unseen force. Around the group, the same rabbit-esk spirits appeared briefly, though they seemed to keep their distance from the would-be leader of this group. "I'm guessing That's why I'm here. Long story short, I commune with the spirits. I want to make myself clear beforehand: my life is now focused on the harmonious balance of spiritual energies. That means it's also my job to stop what unbalances that harmony. If you're right about the Avatar and his group, then I'm with you. If you're wrong, then you're part of the problem."

TABTAB He turned from Hakan to a spirit that did not follow the others. This one, unlike the others, took the form of a woman. Elegant blue dress, piercing stormy gray eyes though one was covered by the cascade of black hair. Tikaani gave this spirit a glare before it reluctantly faded as well. He shook his head and sighed. Really? It was bad enough she was hanging around him from time to time, but to forcibly show her presence like this?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 9:11 pm

As everyone was revealing their backgrounds to some extent, Hakan felt it was only proper to do the same. Anika would already know this, so she could space out as much as she wanted. The Water Tribe boy gracefully seated himself into the sand, his arms against his lap. "It's nice to meet you, Tikaani, and Akira. I am Hakan Tang Shen. You may recognize my name. I am from the dynasty of the current ruling Chief of the Water Tribes, Taka Shen. I was raised in Ba Sing Se as a dynastic hostage to prevent war between the two nations. There, I practiced bending as well as stealth and mobility for the day I would eventually escape." He smiled slightly, as two large octopus-like arms of water emerged over his own, undulating before hardening into ice, then liquidizing into vapor. He learned to be diverse; that was truly all he knew when he was still living back there, with no instructor, only the nature around him to demonstrate the ways in which he could kill.

"After my escape from the walled prison, I have lived in Republic City and other places as an envoy of the Water Chieftain. Recently, however, my loyalty has flipped to a far more reality-driven man. And so, here we are." He left out many a detail, about Haman . . . and his early career as an assassin, as well as his first kill, Layna's sister. Everything he revealed was everything they needed to know.

The boy turned to Tikaani, smiling brightly at his water tribe brethren. "Many a man from our tribe can commune with the Spirits. This is what makes us so indispensable in the war we currently wage. The Avatar has a spiritual expert of his own, though not identified. We will need you to keep ahead of the Gong Jen." As for Akira, it seemed they were somewhat tied by the string of fate, both knowing Layna very well. Hakan was never welcome in her home, not really. He was always a foreigner. He didn't mind killing her sister. But -- he at least acknowledged what type of person she was, not bad, though perhaps not good either. It wasn't enjoyable to have to kill her, but she supported the wrong man. She should've chosen Suihara.

"Layna will have to die, but not yet. I fear that if we displace the ruler of such a large and populous nation, the order of this world will truly be lost. We will need to find a suitable replacement before we get rid of her -- a dynasty member, or a high ranking minister. This battle will be as much about our intrigue as it will be about our bending ability." He looked to Anika, his eyes scanning the expression over her face. "Would you care to share us all some details about your own exploits, Nika?"

The Wild Hunt
Captain

Shirtless Giver

9,625 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Critic 0

___youwillknownihilism
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 3:24 pm

"CATCH!" I screamed, my voice full of an almost childish glee. It had been so long since my brother and I fought. I watched him walk ahead, probably not even noticing I stopped walking behind him. His mistake indeed. A smile rivaling the devil's spread across my lips as I tied my belt to keep my pants up and rolled up my sleeves. In an instant, I'm in action. My arms raise, picking up a moderately rock, formerly being used in the construction of something ugly as with everything else. With two fingers extended and a smile on my face, the rock breaks into four large, fist size pieces. My horse stance intact, I jab twice first, then make a quick pivot, replicating the motion. Even though my aim is a bit off, my affinity for destruction shines bright. A group standing outside the theater down the street was in the direct path of the first rock I launched, but I was pretty sure I'd yelled loudly enough that anyone near could have heard my warning. Maybe. Or maybe they'd get crushed. Oops. Well nothing I can do about that now. I shake my long, curly hair from my face... maybe that was part of the problem, as the other three fairly large rocks soar towards Raian about twenty meters ahead of me.

Steel Legion -
                                                    Using your bending, you may split a large mass of metal into dozens, if not hundreds of smaller masses. These could appear as anything -- you could shape them into projectile form, or they could look simple. You will hold your two arms out, your fingers slightly crunched against your palm. Then, when you wish to throw these projectiles, you will flick your palms outward, and they will all launch for the enemy's location. They will be quite tough, and depending on the metal used, could end up fatal. If shaped correctly, they could pierce like arrowheads and kill the enemy rather quickly.

[FR] Ember Island

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff