Reply {{:No plot Rps:}}
The Tavern (Open to all! Have fun!) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ladylydia1020

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 2:37 am
A hundred years ago in the middle of an enchanted forest there was once a tavern where people who were 'unique' would gather. This 'uniqueness' came in many different forms: physical deformities, people with 'special powers', mixed breeds, weirdos, and anyone not accepted in mainstream society for any reason what-so-ever.
One day, a great fire ravaged the woods in which this tavern lay, and the tavern was no more. This was unfortunate for those who couldn't maintain 'normal' lives for they had lost their sanctuary, but for those who had wanted to expand their cities, this had been great news, for the burning of the forest proved to be exactly what was needed in order to expand, and so the once great forest was replaced with a 'marvelous' city.
The city, while at first was thought to be a paradise soon became a cesspool of morality. Crime was the name of everyone's game, and the best of these criminals soon became leaders. Eventually, a group of 'concerned citizens' decided to take action against the criminals who were now in charge, and for many years open war raged throughout the city. This war eventually climaxed into a furious battle (held in the same spot where the tavern once stood) and the criminals were defeated and forced to leave the city.
Now a young, 'unique' business woman has bought out a large plot of land and a tavern has been constructed. A place where anyone is accepted as long as they follow a few simple rules, no matter how 'unique' they may be...

Rules & Guidelines

1. actual profile is not needed so long as you are at least semi-literate (no text speech and your posts can be understood) and you sign the guest book.
2. since this rp doesn't really have an actual storyline, feel free to do what you want (except god mod, autohit/kill if fighting, or anything like that) so if you want to be donald duck from disneyworld, feel free to do so
3. NO KILLING KENNY! I know that we probably aren't in colorado and don't really need to worry about this problem, there is the posibility that thorugh some sort of uniqueness the tavern may end up there (or anywhere else in or out of this world really)
4. No one-liners, details are your friends
5. Just have fun with it. The point of an rp like this is just to see what happens. If the ghosts of dead criminals decide to haunt the pickles in the basement, then that's what happens, if pool cues suddenly spring to life and start dancing the hula, all the better, so long as there's some sort of explanation for it (even if the characters don't know it)  
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 2:42 am
Tavern Rules

1. No fighting inside the bar
2. Keep cursing to a minimum
3. 8 drink maximum per person, per 4 hour period
4. If you have a problem with somebody, please take it outside
5. Make sure to sign the guest book
6. Breaking of these rules will result in eviction from the tavern  

ladylydia1020

ladylydia1020

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 2:46 am
The Guest Book

Please write the following:
Name:
--------------------------------------------
Name: Lydia
What makes me unique: I have the ears and tail of a cat, though I hide them when in public
--------------------------------------------
Name: Poppi
What makes me unique: That’s for me to know, and you to […]  
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 3:03 am
Lydia walked out of the back of the tavern with a clipboard in hand
Opening day, it sure feels great to finally have a business of my own
She gave the bar a quick once-over, checking stuff off in her mind
drinks stocked, bars cleaned, pool tables set up, what is missing...
She touched the tips of her ears with her fingers as she thought. This was a habit that she had developed a long time ago, and now she didn't even realize when she did it.
"AHA!" She exclaimed as she walked over towards the bar
"I forgot to post up the rules!"
She put the paper against the wall and stuck a pin through it, attaching it securely and went over her mental checklist again. When she was satisfied that everything was how it should be, she walked over and opened the door. A breeze wafted in and she could feel as her long flowing skirt was pushed up against her legs. She then turned and walked over to one of the tables, sitting down and waiting for her first customers...  

ladylydia1020

Angstbucket Edgelord
Captain

Shadowy Phantom

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 11:24 pm
[The Guest Book] Name: Poppi
What makes me unique: That’s for me to know, and you to […]

///
There was a whirl of harlequin colours. The gaiety was strange, considering the bloody history of the plot of land where this strange new tavern now stood. It only served to heighten Poppi’s curiousity.
She’d never like being in the centre of attention, but now the world was one giant spotlight, the sun harsh and comforting at the same time. There was a delightful mystery about the place. It was different, as if something more lurked behind that door. Two sharp knocks as Poppi announced her arrival, and it was Wonderland all over again.
Erratic designs crowded her vision, mechanical wonders flipping and spinning. The room was lit with a soft glow, the discordant scene somehow unified by the light and setting. It was beautiful. Perfectly natural.
And it was in that split second that the idea came.
”I was wondering…might you be hiring?”

[The Tavern Wench.]
[OOC::]
ladylydia1020

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 12:01 am
Lydia thought for a moment about the question she had just been asked, for such a simple question it sure was one that required some serious consideration
Am I hiring?
After a moment or two she decided
"well, that kind of depends..."
She walked over to the guest book and read off what the girl had written. Not getting much information there, she decided a direct approach would probably be best
"Do you have any experience?" She asked. It seemed like the kind of thing that you'd hear if you asked somebody for a job  

ladylydia1020

Angstbucket Edgelord
Captain

Shadowy Phantom

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 1:14 am
/// A quiet clang of disappointment resonated inside, loud and clear. No. No, she had not had any previous experience, and yet she felt an unmistakable call from the Tavern building. Almost as if their meeting was fated. It faced her, mute and cold, yet exuding the clear feelings of a would-be friend. Time. Experience. All was naught in her swirl of thoughts.
Remembering her conversation, Poppi turned back to the young lady with a false smile, bright as summer's harsh rays. It couldn't hurt. She would never know.
"Of course I do, miss. I'd be happy to share my skills here, and I love this place already."

[The Tavern Wench.]
ladylydia1020

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 1:21 am
To Lydia something seemed off about the way the girl replied to the question, but she couldn't tell quite what it was. Maybe it was the way she seemed to be distracted, or the brightness of her smile, but something made Lydia suspect that the girl was lying. She thought for a moment and then decided that it didn't really matter, either way she still wanted to know more about this girl before making a decision.
"and what kind of skills would those be?"
Her words were not meant to seem as condescending as she realized they must have sounded to the girl  

ladylydia1020

Angstbucket Edgelord
Captain

Shadowy Phantom

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 1:44 am
///
"Ah, that is."
Busted.
Unfaltering smile. Unwavering gaze. Chin up, defiance softened into confidence. "Where I come from, I've been raised to take care of the elderly and the children. I do what I can, around the house for them. Cooking, cleaning, taking care of those who need taking care of... I've done it all."
Suddenly, like a train out of steam, she stumbled over her words, fell short of the marvelous yarn she was spinning. Poppi's words ran together, blurred, tumbled their way into oblivion.
The smile was a wilting mask, struggling bravely against the scrutiny of all the world. Almost as quickly as the words came, she began to turn away, the first hints of a liar's fading disguise colouring her cheeks.

[The Tavern Wench.]
ladylydia1020

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 1:52 am
As the girl turned away, Lydia knew that she had been lying.
"Have a seat" She told the girl, pulling out one of the chairs
hmm, I wonder...
"In the guest book you weren't very clear about what makes you unique. Normally I wouldn't pry, but you seem very unique, and I'm curious as to what it is"
Lydia took a seat at the table opposite to the chair she had pulled out for the girl  

ladylydia1020

Angstbucket Edgelord
Captain

Shadowy Phantom

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 2:05 am
///
Confusion was a dam to her flood of foolish tears. Had she bought it? Doubtful.
Poppi shuffled closer, suddenly wary. They weren't like her, the people of this town. Branded a freak, but Poppi still loved them. Wanted to communicate, but couldn't find a way. She was always a little off to the rhythm everyone marched to, not quite normal enough to laugh and cry with them.
And why not?
No talking. That was good. The useless, gaping body part had failed her again, but she'd been spared. The chair stood, mute and blank. Wood scrabbled, the forest hummed within it. Like a cornered animal, it danced on tiptoes, legs knocking clumsily against bare floorboards. Words weren't necessary here. Poppi understood.
Carried it over to a windowseat, swapping it around for a newer-looking, apparently apathetic chair. She opened the window, letting the air flow in.
Claustrophobia could be detrimental to chairs.

[The Tavern Wench.]
[OOC::] Lol, can you imagine the two of us, hopping between this thread and the Haiku one, posting simultaneously? xD
ORONCOSAURUS I LOVE YOU <3

ladylydia1020

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 2:13 am
((ooc: I know right! its kinda funny. My computer's acting a little funky right now, certain things aren't showing up and I can't get fishing to work right. I'm wondering if something might be wrong with firefox))

Lydia sat down next to the girl
"I'm not particularly normal either" She said to the girl as she removed her hat, revealing her cat-like ears
"whatever makes you different, you're free to tell me."  

ladylydia1020

Angstbucket Edgelord
Captain

Shadowy Phantom

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 11:29 pm
///
Poppi swallowed. The cat-lady was even stranger than her physically, but she wondered if the owner of this shop could realise the simple fact that her newest would-be employee was communicating with the furniture.
She supposed she'd have to give it a try.
"Your chairs," Poppi patted the switchover affectionately, "are uncomfortable. The one I moved was claustrophobic, so I moved her to the window. I hope that's okay, since this one didn't mind."
Taking a seat carefully on the aforementioned chair, Poppi crossed her legs and cast her gaze around the room, lips touched with the hint of a smile when the clock ticked and hummed a happy clockwork tune. The Tavern was very much so alive, and Poppi hoped it wouldn't end in her being turned down for a job.

[The Tavern Wench.]
[OOC::]Sorry for the delay!
ladylydia1020

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 10:14 pm
"wow" Lydia said aloud. "talking to chairs is a new one, even for me."
She laughed pleasantly, hoping that now that the girl had opened up she'd start to lighten up a little bit.
"what do you know about this tavern?" she asked calmly  

ladylydia1020

Angstbucket Edgelord
Captain

Shadowy Phantom

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 1:34 am
/// Though still wary and confused, Poppi was becoming more at ease as the furniture's quiet chatter filled the background. Even so, she had to shake her head a bit to process what the Tavern owner had said.
"Not much, to be honest."
She paused briefly, wondering why the woman was putting off her decision. Maybe she wanted to know more?
"I don't think I've introduced myself yet. I'm Poppi. And the thing is, I really like this Tavern. Everyone's so friendly. It's the first time where they actually seem happy where they belong."
Again, her eyes followed the trail of clocks and pieces along the wall, seeing the rough wood and shiny metallic bits rush together in a welcoming gesture.
Home?

[The Tavern Wench.]
[OOC::]Sorry for the delay!
ladylydia1020

{{:No plot Rps:}}

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items