Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { The Lost Clans } -------------- Lost Clans Reserve/ Lost Clans Home
[PRP] The hunt for water (Pich & Heidla-Fin) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sadi Sidhe

Shameless Nerd

12,200 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Pie For All! 300
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 2:05 pm
Pich & Heidla

QUESTLINE: A Source of Water

"Wait wait, stop, wait a second!"

You pause for a second as a Famine clansmember apprehends you. You notice they are standing in a very very large ditch, carrying a shove. There is nothing in the ditch however, as you peer down into the six-foot deep expanse.

"Okay, here let me explain." She points downwards into her little project. "I am trying to create a reservoir, you know, of water. So that we can build farms again." She scowls. "Don't give me that look, it is important to cultivate as much as it is to collect. Now, I need a few good sources of water, I'm hoping once we get enough supplies to create some piping down into the water."

Did she mean, literally take from a water reserve? Well, hopefully not.

OOC

- Roll a 100-sided dice and match your dice roll to the results below. Keep on rolling until you find the perfect water reserve. You complete the quest once you have done so!

- 1-20: You reach an area that seems to be particularly wet, close to Amityville, but there also seems to be an awful stench nearby, probably not...
- 21 - 40: You head into the Weeping Forest, but only manage to get yourself lost, though you could swear you hear a trickling noise
- 41 - 60: You see a small pond close to Amityville, but it is filled with Minipet life. Maybe not....
-61 - 80: You see a well close to the Weeping Forest and hurriedly rush towards it. It is empty...
- 81 - 100: At last, deep in the Weeping Forest, you see a well. As you look deep into it, and pull the bucket upwards, you realize the water is not only fresh, it is rather delicious as well! This will be perfect! Water Reserve Found

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 2:20 pm
Pich wandered through camp, once more looking for something helpful to do. True, last time had not gone particularly well... but he had helped. And he'd met P'theh, so it hadn't been all bad. Besides, surely he couldn't have such bad luck twice in a row, right?

He was skirting the edge of Famine's section of the reserve when a seemingly disembodied voice called out to him, entreating him to pause. He looked around curiously, and smiled softly to himself when he realized the voice was not in fact disembodied, it's owner was just in a very deep ditch. Tall as the Famine clanswoman was, her head did not quite crest the top edge of the odd crevice. Pich walked to the edge of the crevice and squatted down, tilted his head in inquiry at the dirt-smeared form holding a shovel. "Yes?"

The clanswoman explained what she needed: water. He didn't understand all the details; he knew the growing of crops was important, but it was not an craft he held much knowledge of. The important thing was she needed water, and he could help with that. Not just any stream or river would do it seemed, she wanted a source of really good, clean water, preferably from nearby. Well, he'd see what he could do. With a nod and a small sound that may or may not have communicated agreement to the Famine clanswoman, he headed off to the forest once more, hoping this excursion went better than his last had.  

Sadi Sidhe

Shameless Nerd

12,200 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Pie For All! 300

Boozver

Dangerous Fairy

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 3:07 pm
Heidla felt so miserable. Last couple of weeks she felt so helpless as she had never felt before. It seemed like the whole universe revolted against her - true, that her old world was gone a long time ago - but not long enough for her to get used to it and not to take it personally. Her first reaction was to shut herself up in denial - that she did, and spent quite a while alone in her room, cold and sad until she felt seriously ill and until it started feeling inappropriate for a priestess. Wasn't she supposed to be a guide to those lost in the dark? Wasn't she supposed to be strong and knowing and strong again?

Knowing . That's the thing that went amiss. She felt completely lost. The whole network of her knowledge, people, books, duties, chambers, stones, - everything was gone, wiped out in less than her lifetime. She kept staring into the unknowing sky filled with twinkling and cold stars and asked herself how could that happen that her world was gone and she was not? It almost drove her mad, and that was unfair. There was no use being haughty or naughty anymore, no use to look down on people, there was almost nothing left. She didn't know what to do, and she was not actually on good terms with anyone to ask what she was supposed to do.

So Heidla did the only sensible thing - grabbed herself out of her misery and went out. And got lost again - this time in the very literal sense of the world. She couldn't figure out what was around her - after having spent most of her time in the new world shut up in her room, she never realised that even here, the world was changing - and the clansmen - what was left of them - started to reconstruct their world. She wandered aimlessly, envying all those people who already started to feel alive again, occupy themselves with their new life, - and at the same time she desperately wanted to be part of them. So as awkward as it seem, for the first time in her life she wanted to be a part of some communal activity - to help - to smile to someone - and the very essence of her not being part of it irritated her and made her feel even worse. Enwrapped in al those thoughts, she didn't even realise that someone was addressing her. It was natural for her to bridle angrily:

"How dare you talk to me?" - but then the memories of her previous life dissolved , and she added almost meekly: "I mean, do you need anything?"

It seemed the creature - that appeared to be somewhat related to the Famine clan, as she remembered from the books she read in the library - didn't care about Heidla's moods - and just explained shortly, that she needs water.

'Water?" Heidla looked around helplessly and then noticed a member of her own class - a jewelcrafter. Oh, that was familiar - she had seen lots of them. In the old days. And she never paid enough attention, so now she sounded really unsure:

"Hey, you! I don't know your name", - she realised that was rude, and tried to soften it, and even made herself mumble - "I mean, I am sorry. I am Heidla the priestess" - did it really sound that bitter? It was a long time since she pronounced her title, and she repeated helplessly. "I don't know your name. But what does that creature want?"

Sadi Sidhe

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 3:29 pm
About to set foot into the forest, Pich paused once more upon hearing a familiar tone, if in an unfamiliar voice. He turned slowly, head downcast and eyes peering timidly through his lashes.

He'd heard the Famine clanswoman in the ditch accosting another individual, but had not paid the exchange much mind until he was rather abruptly addressed. A glance before his eyes turned down to stare at the trampled grass at his feet confirmed his suspicions. No one did commanding like a priestess in his experience.

"Me, priestess?" he almost squeaked. "I... I am Pich. I believe... I believe she wants water. A clean source, to supply the reservoir. I was just going to look..." he trailed off, what little courage he had managed to scrape together fled. This wasn't just anyone, it was a priestess. How could anyone expect one such as herself to do something so menial as searching out a water source? He did not know this particular priestess, though he was fairly sure he had seen her in passing before the isle was destroyed, but that made little difference. He glanced up at her again, waiting to see if she needed anything further from him.

Boozver

Sadi Sidhe

Shameless Nerd

12,200 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Pie For All! 300

Boozver

Dangerous Fairy

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 4:07 pm
"Me? Finding a water source?" - that was unexpected. Even in this new world, Heidla was not sure that she could have sunk that low.... Is it one of the new duties that were assigned to the priestesses of Death? No, that couldn't be! She was getting irritated again, and her first impulse was to rush to that famine creature and pinch it.... but then the calmer mood of the morning prevailed, and she turned to the jewelcrafter - at least that was a familiar face, if not a familiar person! - and commanded:

"Well, you continue your way and find water, and I will go with you and give you a chance to explain me more about this world, crafter..." - then, she added almost imploringly "Please... Pich?"

Now that was quite an opportunity! At least with a member of her own clan she felt safe, if not familiarly superior! No, superior was not the right word. She felt safe, because he represented a part of the world she lost and loved, and she missed it so much that she would deny it even to herself. She blushed, and then added hesitatingly: "Do you miss our world, too? Yes, I will go with you - where should we go? - and I will listen to you, and try to learn anything about this world".

She was so happy to find someone who reminded her of her home, that she even decided to be helpful and nice! That was a victory over her temper, so she smiled and finally turned to the jewelcrafter: "Lead me!"

Sadi Sidhe

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 4:53 pm
The priestess... was going to come with him? This was unexpected, unprecedented even. He was not sure how to respond, and was completely shaken when she used the word 'please'. From what little he knew of Heidla the priestess, she was the aloofest, proudest, most self-entitled sort of priestess. Somehow, that certain inner core had been shaken, for their was an almost vulnerability in her eyes that was at odds with her commanding manner. This did not make him feel particularly more comfortable, it only meant that he had no idea what to expect from her.

"Of course, priestess. If it please you to accompany one such as I, I would be honored to tell you whatever you wish to the best of my humble ability." He only hoped what he knew was enough. He was no planner, no one important and privy to the decisions being made. Only a simple crafter, doing what he could to help his people during this difficult time.

Her question was like a punch in the gut, and he turned to hide the pain in his eyes. When the isles, his whole world and all he had ever known, were destroyed they had taken every friend and family member with them, he was no more than acquaintance to any of the survivors. "Yes priestess, I miss it dearly. We build a new home here, but it will never replace the one we lost, nor bring back our loved ones." He shook himself from his remembrance, a small shake of the shoulders like a dog shaking off water, and turned back to her. "I do not know the best place for water, I planned to wander until I heard or otherwise found some sign of it."

Boozver

Sadi Sidhe

Shameless Nerd

12,200 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Pie For All! 300

Boozver

Dangerous Fairy

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 7:48 pm
Heidla thought she needed to justify herself - and yet, she had been lonely and miserable for too long a time, and that was too much for her, so any company would be fine. She smiled bravely to Pich: "Don't worry, with our guidance water will disclose itself to us. We just need to follow the path".

Old ways of putting things together didn't work out right, instead of soothing it, they brought back memories too painful to explore, and to blow off the rosy image of her beloved isle she hastened to continue: "So, crafter.... Pich... tell me more about yourself. Where were you when the ..." - her mouth quivered, and she made a gulping sound, but then recovered and continued sternly: "... happened. And also, where are we now - and where do people go for water here?"

It would have been painful to explain feelings that overwhelmed her. She was happy to speak to a Clansman for the first time in such a long span of time; and it was too shameful to admit that she didn't do anything... didn't share the hope of her clan, didn't participate in the reconstruction. She hoped he understood. If not, well, he wouldn't ask. Unless the world had changed completely, he wouldn't ask a priestess... At the same time she was longing for such a question, longing to justify herself, to explain that she wanted to do something but was too proud to ask. That's why she made that stretch and went out looking for water with him.

Sadi Sidhe

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 9:18 am
"Of course, priestess. With your presence, our success is guaranteed." he hurried to add, hoping she hadn't thought he doubted her.

Pich pretended not to notice Heidla's moment of weakness. It was not hard, as thinking of that day, not so long past, when their world was destroyed distracted him with his own pain and regret. "I was searching the wilderness for inspiration for my craft." Also looking for minipets to observe, but he decided that was not information that needed sharing. "I was nearby the battle, but am ashamed to admit that I was so overwhelmed that I froze. By the time I reached it, the fight was over, and all I could manage was helping to get a few of the injured or unconscious through before the portal closed."

Snapping out of his self-recrimination, Pich attempted to concentrate on the task at hand. "We are at the boundary between the Famine clan's section of the reserve, and the Weeping Forest." he continued to point out the direction of each clan's area, as well as the common area in the middle. "For water... rivers and streams mostly. For this, I believe Famine is looking for a purer source, perhaps a well or spring, if one presents itself."

Boozver

Sadi Sidhe

Shameless Nerd

12,200 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Pie For All! 300

Boozver

Dangerous Fairy

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 12:47 pm
"Water...." Somehow Heidla felt nostalgic. Water was home for her seals, a secret she kept throughout all her life - that with all her pride and self-esteem and temper and all those other things people told about her - she felt awe and admiration in front of the big maritime animals called seals. She believed they were the guardians of the memory of the dead - perhaps, if she could find them and talk to them they would bring their Island back.

No, that was childish. She slightly coloured, and announced: "So, we need a well". That was safe enough. Seals do not dwell in wells, for sure, so she wouldn't be tempted to look for them.

She concentrated and tried to picture a well in her mind. That's what priestesses are supposed to do - by using the power of their mind, make things reveal their true essence and location. The well was awkward and looked ancient - she wasn't sure whether it was her imagination; all the things seemed not to work properly here! - but at least now she knew that there is a well, round and clean, somewhere around. So she commanded: "To the north, Pich. We'll find a well there".

Sadi Sidhe

Sadi Sidhe rolled 1 100-sided dice: 99 Total: 99 (1-100)
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 1:07 pm
Pich perked up. With the priestess's aide, surely their search would be a quick one! "Yes priestess!" Pich headed north into the forest, being sure to clear the way as best he could and hold low branches aside for the priestess as they went.

After a surprisingly short time, even with the guidance of the priestess, they came to a small but well built well. He gave the rope an experimental tug, and when it proved sound, he hauled up the bucket at its end. There was quite a bit of squeaking from the rusted pulley, but soon they had a bucket of what appeared to be clear, cool water. Pich took a dipper-full of water, not wanting to risk the priestess if something were wrong with the water, but a small sip proved it to be as pure as it appeared, and quite good!

"It is safe, priestess. Would you like some?" He wiped the dipper clean as best he could before offering her a fresh scoop of the water.

Boozver
Heh, the quest part may be very short. XD
Now she just needs to find one for herself too.

Sadi Sidhe

Shameless Nerd

12,200 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Pie For All! 300

Boozver

Dangerous Fairy

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 1:51 pm
She tasted the water absent-mindedly, and examined the well. It was not the one that she saw in her mind - the one with carved walls and horned shadoof; no, this one was simple and had no air of ancient mystery.

She shrugged her shoulders: "This is not the well that was opened to me in my trance. Do what you want with this one, I have no interest in it. I will wait for you, and then we have to go further north" - she closed her eyes, trying to picture the well once again - "not for long, though. The one I am talking about - you'll recognize it immediately".

Sadi Sidhe
I guess, when they find the other well, they can sit and talk there and discuss it's ornament, and then pass to more personal things. What do you think?

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 2:19 pm
Pich deflated slightly. He thought it was a good well, the water was sweet and so cold it made his teeth ache slightly. Well, there could be no harm in finding another well, more access to water was never a bad thing. Affixing this wells location in his mind so he could pass it on to the Famine clanswoman, Pich returned the bucket to the well and hung the dipper on its hook.

"Yes priestess. I am ready when you are, I can find this one again when needed now." He stood quietly, waiting for her to do whatever priestessly thing she was doing while her eyes were closed.

Boozver
Sounds good. We'll see how you roll. XD

Sadi Sidhe

Shameless Nerd

12,200 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Pie For All! 300

Boozver

Dangerous Fairy

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 5:46 pm
The jewelcrafter seemed quite a convenient company, as he followed her further to the north. Heidla was not so sure of the direction, but of course, she would never admit it.... besides, she was sure that her visions never lie, so they just had to find the right place. The problem was that her visions were not exactly accurate, so it could turn out to be a long adventure.  
Boozver rolled 1 100-sided dice: 76 Total: 76 (1-100)
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 5:58 pm
Quote:
You see a well close to the Weeping Forest and hurriedly rush towards it. It is empty...

Now, there was a well! She rushed towards it, but then stopped in a few meters in front of it. She was definitely deceived by her visions: there was no likeness in what she saw in her visions and what was there in the centre of a lawn - some hole in the earth, nothing sophisticated nor intricate as she expected it to be. Moreover, it was empty. What a nuisance! she cursed silently.  

Boozver

Dangerous Fairy

Boozver rolled 1 100-sided dice: 34 Total: 34 (1-100)

Boozver

Dangerous Fairy

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 5:59 pm
Quote:
You head into the Weeping Forest, but only manage to get yourself lost, though you could swear you hear a trickling noise

They were going north, as she suggested, but it didn't seem like the right direction. She was contemplating their possibility of getting lost - after all, it was the very first time that she ventured out of the safety of her turret, - but she wouldn't admit it. What are the chances of a priestess getting lost! Zero, she would swear, despite having quite a number of awkward experiences, but never in front of a member of her own clan. What would he think of her? Her heart raced and she was sweating, but still went stubbornly further into the Weeping Forest.  
{ The Lost Clans } -------------- Lost Clans Reserve/ Lost Clans Home

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff