Welcome to Gaia! ::

The School of Dedicated Roleplayers [closed]

Back to Guilds

A general roleplay guild with emphasis on improving RPers. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Tutoring, School, School of Dedicated Role Players, RPing 

Reply 13 Directory (Tell us a bit about yourself!)
Watervoir's Wacky Warehouse (Vice Captain) (Come say hi!) Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 12 13 14 15 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Watervoir
Vice Captain

Dangerous Glitch

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:26 pm
07/15/2013:

Hello, I'm back to being crew. c:

I've also updated the main part of this OP to reflect my Gaia FAship.
____

05/06/2013:

It's been a great year but I think I need a break from SDRP and I have stepped down from crew and Vice-captain-ship today, on May 6, 2013. I have carried SDRP through a difficult time during the Summer Event and I have seen to the Academy starting fresh and better than ever. I feel like I have adequately fulfilled my responsibilities and have now withdrawn so that I can concentrate on other things. I'll still be a regular member at SDRP though, so as always, feel free to drop me a PM or a comment here so we can talk about life and other things. I'd love to hear from and about you. (:
____

09/06/2012: Oh look, someone changed my thread into a sticky already, ty ty! ♥

On August 22, 2012, I was promoted to crew. Apparently the existing peeps wanted my opinions and whatnot, so hopefully everyone in the guild will find what little I can offer to be helpful!
____

Hi there. C:

I'm Watervoir, but you can also call me Water, Voir, h2o, watah, Watur or anything else of your choosing. I'm on Gaia a lot. I roleplay, draw art and would love to get to know you.

I'm a Gaiaonline forum assistant assigned to Barton Town and the Mini Shops forum. I can move threads out of these two forums, whether they are misplaced and/or out of request of the thread creator.

I joined this guild several years ago, I can't remember when exactly. I've had a decent amount of roleplaying experience, and it's been a good three+ years of fun. I'm always looking to learn and improve.

I mainly RP in Gaia's Barton Town, and there I currently run the super fantastic medieval fantasy adventure RP known as Blue Caravan. It's super full right now so I'm not accepting anyone at the moment, sorry.

I don't RP via PMs or IM. Forum RPing > Chatroom RPing. No table-top gaming experience, but I've read up a thing or two about it. I've played a couple RPG video games.

I might end up using this thread to hold reference guides for myself for RPs that I'm interested in. Links to other people's character sheets and things. Apart from that, feel free to rack up the pages in here. I'd be super stoked if anyone decides to chat it up with me. Never fear the page count!! biggrin

Links:
Watch me on dA!
Follow me on tumblr!
Or maybe check out my artblog?  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:41 pm
So do you normally like to stick to the fantasy based things or do you jump around with your rping? Zane sounds more sci-fi but that could just be him, y'know?  

DragnGuy7

Friendly Explorer

6,800 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Watervoir
Vice Captain

Dangerous Glitch

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:55 pm
Hi Dragn! <333
I jump around, I guess? Zane started in this RP of a friend of mine and then I imported him into a onexone that I'm doing with a friend, and this onexone is more sci-fi. In both cases, Zane is supposed to be a computer junkie.

Come to think of it, Blue Caravan might be my only fantasy RP. If not, it's certainly the most memorable one I've been in.

What do you normally like to do?  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:04 pm
I usually stick to literature based stuff, like things from manga, books, and tv shows. I do occasionally step out of them for fantasy rps, mostly onexones. I do like reading sci-fi stuff though. I just can never find someone to hunker down and play a good one.  

DragnGuy7

Friendly Explorer

6,800 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Jikial

Distinct Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:55 am
You know what would've been alliterative, "Watervoir's Warehouse". Add a "whacky" in there for a triple threat.

What other characters might you have under your hat?  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:48 pm
Hell yes, that's a great idea. I totally forgot about the awesome alliteratives.

Hm, by roles, my most recent character types are nobles (as in aristocrats), guard types and ninja types. I generally focus on personality types though, and from that perspective, I'm all over the place. I don't usually play submissive roles though; I've found myself getting frustrated with them. One of my favourite characters to play are the bastardly manipulative kind. I have characters that are more 'good'/'heroic' and care for the well-being of others as well. And then I have a sparing few that are more sociopathic.

Zane's supposed to be one of my more normal characters. biggrin
I purposely chose him for SDRP because I knew he'd be at least a little bit more agreeable to the setting and hopefully with the other characters than any of my existing characters. Also, I'd used him before, which made it easier when it came to personality and world creation.

All that said though, I do believe that I am generally open to playing anything as long as I don't feel like I'm the umpteenth person playing a ____ kind of character in a single RP. I think it's good to be versatile.

But were you asking me about what specific characters I have? Anyway, what about you?

@Dragn;
Literature based stuff as in series-related/canon? Sounds interesting. I don't have much experience playing that type myself. Do you play original or canon characters?

Out of curiosity, what type of sci-fi are you interested in? Personally, I'm not familiar with the Star Trek type. :c  

Watervoir
Vice Captain

Dangerous Glitch

DragnGuy7

Friendly Explorer

6,800 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:50 pm
I went out on a limb with Alex and explored a universe I hadn't thought of using before and just rolled with it. He's a bit of the result and so far its a learning experience.

I've found that I really like the name Alex for when I play males(not sure why, it just fits most things). Even though I've been rping for like what?(*scratches head*) three years now?, I've really been sticking to the same type of heroic character who cares about everyone and is super nice and all that fun stuff. It's only recently that I've branched out and started multiple different new things at once. I'm playing a girl for the first time, a hard headed moron who is basically a large linebacker with a fitting brain, and a very quick tempered explosive badass. They're all blowing me away and to be honest I'm loving the quick tempered one, he's super fun to get in touch with.

I have this philosophy that if your a writer(and if you rp you are one whether you like it or not), you have your default personality and then you have your multiple others buried inside you that come out when you write.

-Yes, series-related. I dislike canons as your pretty locked in to what you can do with a character unless your making a different personality for them which I also dislike. I do original characters but in series based worlds. I help run two Naruto based guilds but both are either after the series or long before, making the canons non existent.

Sci-fi stuff? There's quite a bit I'm interested in. I love mecha and anything that has to do with robots, but I also love anything with advanced technology whether its stuff from specific worlds like things like Star Wars(tbh not super familiar with Star Trek) or just basic futuristic worlds where there are flying cars and such. Lasers and things are always cool, and of course, if its in space, things enter a whole new fun area of fantasy and sci-fi as you can now make planets and whole new galaxies and universes and everything in them. blaugh I get all tingly thinking about things like that. SOOOOOOOOO much creativity just waiting to explode for them.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:11 pm
Yeah!!! He's from the Percy Jackson world, right? > u< I love the series.

Nice. It's good to branch out. classified_northkittenstar

I agree with your personality philosophy. It's not like I really RP myself or self-insert myself, but I mean, you RP what you know, right?

I'm not a big fan of canon characters either. Hahaha, Naruto. <333

Oh my god yeah!! And galactic travel ftw!!! Yeah, that's all totally the type of stuff I dig. I totally forgot about galactic travel, but I kinda LARPed that way back when as a kid too, hehe.  

Watervoir
Vice Captain

Dangerous Glitch

Watervoir
Vice Captain

Dangerous Glitch

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:14 pm
testing

EDIT: It doesn't work. I'm ashamed.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:37 pm
Lol I used to LARP back when I was in elementary school all the time. We didn't even know that it was LARPing, we were just using our imaginations. We always were made fun of too, but hell, we had way more fun than doing anything else. It was funny too. We didn't have much to go on being young kids so I think we usually just did something along the lines of final fantasy since there was four of us. One was the wizard, one the healer, one the warrior and one the archer. It was cool, we killed all sorts of things, from actual monsters to Barney.  

DragnGuy7

Friendly Explorer

6,800 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Jikial

Distinct Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:05 pm
My characters are a rainbow of personalities and types. I've done everything from villains to heroes, from strongmen to weaklings. Male or female. But that's what happens when you write, which I do. I love writing, and I love experimenting.

When it comes to roleplaying I always try to make the "different" character; mostly character types that have no current equivalent or foil in the roleplay. I always strive to make plothounds or stumbleupons though, in an effort to keep the roleplay moving.

Sometimes it doesn't fit with their personality so they get "nudged" into it.

Also I played my shared of pretend back when I was a kid. When I got older it turned into writing.

My preferred stuff was action/adventure, cause I explored a lot as a kid. Always in the woods, or down the road, places I probably shouldn't have been.

As far as what I write though, it's just whatever strikes me. I have been getting some wicked tugs and urges to do horror as of late.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:19 pm
Looks like we've all got similar roots. biggrin

I relate with a lot of what both of you have said. "Different" and action/adventure == <333

I LARPed Pokemon lots as a kid. My friends and I created an entirely new region too and I'd made maps/guides. I think I went as far as making paper Pokegears too. redface
Before the Pokemon stuff came, it was elemental superheros. There was a Yu-Gi-Oh moment somewhere in-between too. Man, those were the times.  

Watervoir
Vice Captain

Dangerous Glitch

Jikial

Distinct Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:28 pm
I was a yoshi, or part of Sailor Moon, a viking, Indiana Jones, Link (yes, TLoZ Link), Alucard...video games. Pokemon kinda came at the end of my pretend-hood.

And I made maps and stories and treasure lists and all sorts of things. That odd Sailor Moon phase had me writing a love letter as Sailor Moon that me and my friend had to get to the dude with the roses before some chick could stop us.

Simply embarrassing now.

The way my dynamic turned out is that I'm supposed to be the crazy brawler fist/two-handed-hammer/berserker guy now and my friend is the subtlety/thief/sniper guy.

It has been that way from the beginning really.

...Oddly enough the way I speak/type does not fit my dynamic at all.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:32 pm
Sailor Moon too?? I never RPed that myself hmmm.

Maybe you just have all that rage bottled up somewhere under a cool, suave exterior. emotion_dealwithit  

Watervoir
Vice Captain

Dangerous Glitch

Jikial

Distinct Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:35 pm
I'm sure it's something like that. I do get rather zone-angry when I get hurt.

I am not the Hulk.

I'm not sure why I was willing to Sailor Moon pretend happy time back in the day.

That is what got my friend started on Anime though, that and Dragonball.

As this thread is about you, tell us more about yourself. Like...whatever comes to mind.  
13 Directory (Tell us a bit about yourself!)

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 12 13 14 15 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games