Anxious Poster

10,675 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:39 pm
A standard arena, begin when ready  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:03 am
Taka entered the arena, with enough excitement to give a boner to Margaret Thatcher. With his gear vested on, he waited for this whole thing to begin. He was just waiting for the moments of his self-imposed idea of victory.  

The Wild Hunt
Captain

Shirtless Giver

9,625 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Critic 0

Sergeant Bloodhound

Distinct Lunatic

6,500 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:23 pm
Kai arrived at the arena grounds, stepping onto the platform as the bridge fully connected, skipping in a strangely happy pace. "Hm~ These uniforms aren't my style, but it's for money, so not much I can do," He mused as he reached his position, not knowing who his partner was besides that it was a she and she was a waterbender.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 2:12 pm
User ImageUser Image

Izumi had fallen a tad behind seeing as how the uniform she had put on didn't fit her chest correctly. Not only that, but it was far too long in the legs. She had to spend a few moments doing some adjustments before it actually allowed her to move normally. Too bad they weren't allowed to wear whatever they felt like during this thing. It was the first time in a while she was able to wear her normal clothing instead of the water bender tribe's winter coats. The female had her hair tied into a pony tail at the crown of her head, a long bread falling to reach her bum. As she came to the platform they would be battling on, she saw only two people there. Was one of them her partner? The uniform she wore signaled her as a water bender due to the blue bands on it. Would this be enough of a clue to her partner that she was, in fact, she?  

TheAppleStar

Dedicated Loiterer

Cute Things In Jars

Anxious Poster

10,675 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:01 pm
███████████████████████████████████████████████████

User Image
XXXXXXXXXX: Tohru : Lin-Mei :
AvatarxxxxxxTraineexxxxxx3 5 0 ll 3 5 0XXX

XXXXXXXXXX▄▀▄▀▄ : Elemental ▪▪ Harmony : ▄▀▄▀▄
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

[Okay, so I'm gonna start off the round in my post, and I'll also be presenting the posting order. To keep a flowing motion, it'll go me, faces, shane, then bloodhound....and ya, I said swag, deal with it.]

Tohru walked out into the ring with swag in her stride and a cocky grin on her face. "Sorry I'm late guys. They didn'y have a uniform in my size on hand," she said, letting the rolled up sleeves of her jacket flop over her hands. "Anyway lets get started!" she shouted, rolling them back up.

As the announcer heard the girl's remarks, He called out to the crowd, "The contestants are ready, now let the game begin!" With this announcement, he rang the bell once signalling the round.

The instant the bell rang, Tohru dug her feet into the arena and punched twice in Kai's direction. Following each punch, a small stone disk would rocket towards Kai. She had no idea what elements their opponents were, but the best way to find out was to put him on the defensive.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
XXXXXXXXXX▄▀▄▀▄ : Rebellious ▪▪ Passionate ▪▪ Loud: ▄▀▄▀▄

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:10 pm
User ImageUser Image

As soon as the opponent made her move, Izumi's appearance of an overly innocent child dissipated. Her body began to move in a rapid motion as she lifted her hand into the air and slashed it towards her partner's position, knocking the disks her opponent sent his way. She couldn't allow either one of them to be hit, and she would do her best to make sure she kept it that way. A look of determination came upon her face as she dashed her beautiful blue eyes towards the male opponent. Lifting another veil of water from beneath the fighting platform, she shot a barrage of bullets towards him. Izumi was sure to make them in a rhythmic manner so they couldn't be counted as a complete onslaught of one attack. She was sure to send one towards Tohru's place as her final rapid fire bullet launched. If she was still focused on her partner she wouldn't be expecting an attack from the water girl.  

TheAppleStar

Dedicated Loiterer

The Wild Hunt
Captain

Shirtless Giver

9,625 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Critic 0
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:03 am
(I dunno if bullets are legal but eh...)

Bullets? With increments between them? He found no issue. Though, he was debating whether to simply catch and redirect them or block them then attack with said "shield". He decided on the former, since that could be executed quicker and as a surprise. He caught all of the bullets with a swipe of his left arm and sent them back at the enemy, but not as just a flat attack. First, he veiled these bullets by hiding them behind a water whip created by his right arm. After only a moment, the bullets launched through the facade of the whip and thus lessened their chances of being detected as Taka sent the whip hard against Izumi's teammate, Kai. She couldn't protect him while facing against the bullets, and the fact was, waterbenders were good at fighting each other, but only if they can grab each other's attacks with their arms. Unless Izumi wanted to go directly in front of Kai to redirect the torrent of water, he'd have to fend for himself. Taka -- on the other hand -- was heavily hoping that Tohru would follow his attack against Izumi, get her while she's distracted, and finish her off.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:45 am
[I"ll let it slide this once, because I never laid out the rules for pro bending moves. Earth is limited to launching the small disks from the floor, Water benders shoot a quick blast of water, fire gets to shoot a fireball, and air benders get a quick gust.]  

Cute Things In Jars

Anxious Poster

10,675 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Megathread 100

The Wild Hunt
Captain

Shirtless Giver

9,625 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Critic 0
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:02 am
(Me and Emma discussed the pro-bending rules for this guild, and we were thinking of adding a 5 second shield move that can be used every once in a while. But that was pretty much the limit of what we were thinking of adding. Anyway, it's basically what I did -- I just shot back the water, and then splashed a torrent of water at Kai, both at around the same time, coming from my arms in something similar to an X shape if you were to look from above.
Anyway, we're still allowed to redirect each other's water, right? Waterbenders have no quick way of destroying water blasts, we have to either create a shield or redirect.)  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:05 am
Etr0
(Me and Emma discussed the pro-bending rules for this guild, and we were thinking of adding a 5 second shield move that can be used every once in a while. But that was pretty much the limit of what we were thinking of adding. Anyway, it's basically what I did -- I just shot back the water, and then splashed a torrent of water at Kai, both at around the same time, coming from my arms in something similar to an X shape if you were to look from above.
Anyway, we're still allowed to redirect each other's water, right? Waterbenders have no quick way of destroying water blasts, we have to either create a shield or redirect.)

PM me the details about it. I'd rather not OOC here.
and yes, you can redirect a water blast, though that leaves you open for an attack.  

Cute Things In Jars

Anxious Poster

10,675 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Megathread 100

Sergeant Bloodhound

Distinct Lunatic

6,500 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:52 am
Kai, reluctant to get hit, had already started a spin when he was covered for by Izumi. A fireball in hand, he ducked and spun around the whip with a quick pivoting of his feet. The fireball would be launched to the outside area of the ring, then start turning as if it was being held by a rope from Kai. The turn was rather round, heading towards Tohru and seeming like it might hit her at first glance, but instead giving a small birth and actually swinging around her, heading at Taka. From behind, at an angle, this fireball would hit his leg if he couldn't somehow block or dodge from behind in time. Kai's way of fighting would seem, to those with a trained eye, much like an agile airbenders than an aggressive firebender. If the fireball hits, Taka would be launched off balance, and even if it doesn't hit, he may be put into a situation where it would be easy to disrupt him, thus giving his teammate an opening. If Kai was lucky, he'd also be able to get Tohru to flinch with the feint.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:55 pm
Etr0

Sergeant Bloodhound

Distinct Lunatic

6,500 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Survivor 150

The Wild Hunt
Captain

Shirtless Giver

9,625 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Critic 0
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:44 am
(why quote me? it's Beth's turn)  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:07 am
((Ah, Forgot, but at least you won't forget~))  

Sergeant Bloodhound

Distinct Lunatic

6,500 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Survivor 150

Cute Things In Jars

Anxious Poster

10,675 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:07 am
[I'll post in a second, but first...]

Seeing the illegal move that the firebender had pulled, the ref waved a yellow card. "Illegal fire bending! Move back 1 zone!" he declared.

[guys, you really need to read the announcements I put out. The last one gave distinct rules on the types of attacks you can use.]

Sergeant Bloodhound

[PBA] Pro Bending Arena/Free Battle Zone

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces