Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { The Lost Clans } -------------- Lost Clans Reserve/ Lost Clans Home
[1v1/PRP] Beauty and Beast [Lan & Shikoba] (FIN) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

medigel

Anxious Spirit

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:08 am
The Lost were now allowed to expand their lands into something more constructive than grasslands and tents, but even so Shik was at a loss of what to do. There was no way he would ever be able to rebuild his old home or return to the way life used to be, not in this dismal section of a forest they were situated in. The trees were beginning to grow into handsome specimens, yes, but for the most part they were still saplings. And now he had to make the choice of what to do with himself in this shadow of home.

So Shik did as he always did when thinking failed him. He grabbed a weapon he was least used to and went to practice with it.

Today's case was the bow and arrow, as he had recently finished knives after his battle with Shaheen. Remembering the gray streaks on her face and how tight-lipped she was about it, Shikoba frowned to himself. It was just like the gray he had seen on his War-Sister Radha before she concealed it . . . Distracted, the first arrow he loosed into the tree was off by several inches, flying into the path leading west. The executioner let off a soft curse, fitted a second arrow, and fired it off with better precision.

And perhaps a bit too much draw on the string. The wooden arrow split from the force of impact, leaving only the upper half embedded in the trunk.

Balance, he cold hear his old mentor chide him. In all things you do, there must be balance.

The only thing Shikoba wanted to balance at the moment was a tower of Hunter skulls.

iStoleYurVamps
If it turns into a battle, I'll edit the title!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:35 pm
The spear or the bow was the choice which Lan had been given as a child. A small filly, she'd seen the way her father used his spear, and looked to her mother, with her white oak longbow. She'd followed the mother's example, taking to the long bow with pride.

She'd trained with the other noble children until she'd been deemed 'ready' to take part in her first fight. Granted she lost, but she'd only used it to improve. Drawing the string back, she let her arrow sail through the air, hitting her target with a satisfying thunk. "looking over to the other horseman she followed his line of sight.

"Are you sure you're not more suited to blade?" She giggled before bowing. "I am Lan, of Conquest."
Ol-j-man

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Crew

Trash Husband

medigel

Anxious Spirit

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:12 pm
When a different arrow pierced the tree with a dull thunk, Shik turned with a raised brow. This one . . . he recalled her face vaguely from his first scavenging. The one who had called him a brute. "I remember," he lied with a straight face, her name having escaped him the second she and her brethren had left the forest. "I could hardly place you as one from any other clan. Your clothes are too bright and layered still, I see."

Shik paused for a moment to knock another arrow into the bow, sending it a few inches above Lan's. Shink! "A blade is my personal weapon, yes, but not the only one I can wield. War prides itself on versatility and practicality. The future is unknown, and there is no better way to prepare for it than to be ready for any combat situation."

iStoleYurVamps

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:49 pm
Wait. Wait now. Lan looked him up and down again and felt a sudden loathing wash over her. This one. "Hrm, well, my garb is at least clean and didn't come from something dead." She huffed, firing another arrow at the target, this one hitting just next to his own.

"If you are supposed to versatile, you could do with trying your skills in a true fight." Turning, she sent an arrow zipping past his head into another tree. "Don't you agree?"

Ol-j-man
BECAUSE WHY NOT FIGHT :'D she needs more spars and such anyway

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Crew

Trash Husband

medigel rolled 1 20-sided dice: 8 Total: 8 (1-20)

medigel

Anxious Spirit

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:19 pm
"Dead?" He glanced down at the cloth about his torso and the gauze about his limbs before snorting. "The only dead I carry are the prey I've slain. But perhaps one day, just for you, I will bring a carcass to humor your artisans into crafting a headdress. I imagine you would look ravishing with a set of jaws around that face."

Shik was nothing if not deadpan most of the time, but something like a taunt laced his statements.

"Clean of blood? I wonder if you know the passion behind battle at all when you fight from afar," remarried the horseman of War, still with a raised brow but with more amusement in his voice. He spread his feet apart and grabbed an arrow from the quiver to nock. "Shall we find out, Lan of the Arrows?" It was hard to ignore such a challenge after all, regardless of the opponent.

iStoleYurVamps
WEWP WEWP

iStoleYurVamps rolled 1 20-sided dice: 12 Total: 12 (1-20)
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:35 pm
Skins and bones and the emperor only knew what else. War horsemen just... confusing and crass almost all of the time. Tossing her hair back, she thought about it and- "To you maybe, those of conquest send to find bones a little less attractive than War might." -she'd never be caught dead in bones.

Well. Maybe. They did have some rather interesting garments time to time, not that she'd admit that.

Notching an arrow in her bow, she took a step back, watching him. "The thrill of vistory is what we enjoy. We're conquest, it is in our nature to rule, and to win."
Ol-j-man

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Crew

Trash Husband

iStoleYurVamps rolled 2 8-sided dice: 5, 6 Total: 11 (2-16)

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Crew

Trash Husband

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:38 pm
Letting the arrow loose, Lan shook he head. "Blood is so.. raw. Messy. To bring down your enemy from afar with little effort at all? A clean kill. Strike them down before they can even get near. Destroy them before they might fight."

A smirk. "It's just our way."

HP: 40
Damage: 3

Ol-j-man
2 quotes but yis

medigel rolled 2 8-sided dice: 1, 1 Total: 2 (2-16)
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:50 pm
He supposed the sentiment of killing before it could become a problem had its merits, but he merely shrugged both it and the arrow off with a single movement. "Your instinct to win comes off more as a neurotic need to control," he commented, drawing the string but not firing just yet, feeling the arrow quiver too much for his tastes. Shik instead opted to begin moving closer with light steps to see how Lan would react. "But not all things can be. Are you so confident in your might, so certain, that your bows are more flexible than their wielders?"

HP: 37
Damage: Great herp there Shik

iStoleYurVamps

medigel

Anxious Spirit

iStoleYurVamps rolled 2 8-sided dice: 3, 2 Total: 5 (2-16)

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Crew

Trash Husband

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:06 pm
The reaction he got from Lan was near instant. She launched herself back, keeping the distance between them. "With control come strength, discipline. Power requires control, a decisive knowledge of how to use you power, and how it is best used. Control is needed, without it, everything would fall apart."

Another arrow, and she smiled though her arrow missed. "Everything can be controlled and conquered.If you think otherwise, you're a fool. Horsemen were born to rule, or have those of War forgotten such?"

Damage:
Ol-j-man

medigel rolled 2 8-sided dice: 2, 4 Total: 6 (2-16)
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:27 am
"Hmm." As the arrow sailed over his shoulder, Shik gave pause long enough to send a warning shot of his own at her feet, turned useless when Lan leapt back. Unlike Yuzhi, she liked to keep her distance. But then, bows were not as versatile as spears.

"We understand control in a different manner," he answered, continuing to advance at a faster pace, one hand reaching back to grab another arrow; he was down to, what, seven now? "Dominate or destroy. The end result is the same. But, while I do agree withmost of what you said," he added with a small, crooked smile, "do not suppose you will control me."

HP: 37
Damage: 0

iStoleYurVamps
Gotta love phone tags

medigel

Anxious Spirit

iStoleYurVamps rolled 2 8-sided dice: 5, 6 Total: 11 (2-16)

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Crew

Trash Husband

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:28 pm
They were wasting arrows and no doubt had others seen them, there might have been some shame in how they were 'abusing resources'. But a spar never hurt anyone, unless of course, you wanted it to. Then it was a whole other game.

He kept coming forward, and she kept moving to keep the distance. The closer he got, the easier to hit, but the harder it would be if there was hand-to-hand. She chose bows for a reason after all. His smile didn't go unnoticed as she set another arrow his way. "Never? I am of the imperial line, it's in my blood to rule."

Damage: 3

Ol-j-man

medigel rolled 2 8-sided dice: 5, 3 Total: 8 (2-16)
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:13 pm
Another arrow sent his way, another returned fire that missed. Shik was close to just tossing the damned thing away and charging her, but he still had a little bit of patience left. Emphasis on little; his smile was slowly souring into a scowl. This wasn't battle, this was a brisk walk with arrows flung at his face.

"All of your lot have the same blood, do they not?" he observed. "Therefore they must all rule, no? It must be quite a power struggle - I imagine family dinners can't be set without at least one plot being concocted."

HP: 34
Damage: srsly shik

iStoleYurVamps

medigel

Anxious Spirit

iStoleYurVamps rolled 2 8-sided dice: 1, 2 Total: 3 (2-16)

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Crew

Trash Husband

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:13 pm
Same blood, or close to it anyway. Cousins, second cousins, some so far flung they were almost not relatives at all. And some well, they just didn't have a drive.

Smiling as she avoided another arrow, she sent another his way. "Not all rule. There is a system, some must be ruled to rule themselves. And if you must know, most meals are rather uneventful."

In fact, they were often downright boring.

Damage:
Ol-j-man

medigel rolled 2 8-sided dice: 4, 8 Total: 12 (2-16)
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:18 pm
the arrow still would have been blunted by his FEAR shield, but Shik disliked having such a lukewarm battle, especially when he was growing more and more irritated by his inept use of the bow. So rather than let the arrow fly away, he caught it and in one annoyed motion fitted it to the string and shot it back at her with better accuracy than his last two tries.

Apparently anger does make one's head clear after a while. Or maybe Shik was used to pent up emotions.

"And no-one chafes against the system?" he prompted. "No civil rebellions? Or do you all decide through furious letters and restrained council meetings how to go about an issue? Those methods do sound boring if so."

HP: 34
Damage: 4

iStoleYurVamps

medigel

Anxious Spirit

iStoleYurVamps rolled 2 8-sided dice: 2, 8 Total: 10 (2-16)

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Crew

Trash Husband

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:18 am
Lan scowled as he used her own arrow against her. Rather than cursing she pursed her lips, another arrow notched. One hit deserved another did it not?

Arrow sent, her scowl lightened at it struck true.

"The system suits us. You would understand if you had stayed with us. Our ways are done with honor, and no, not all with letter." A smirk. "Just some."

HP: 36
Damage: 2

Ol-j-man

{ The Lost Clans } -------------- Lost Clans Reserve/ Lost Clans Home

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out