Total Votes : 30

TheAnneh

Girl-Crazy Raider

9,600 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:38 am
I know there are a lot of topics here and there about what kind of Fursona everyone has. This isn't one of those topics. What I want to talk about is fursonas in general and more specifically: how everyone came about making and choosing them.

I'm very interested, so be as detailed as you want to be. How did you make your fursona? How did you go about choosing all the nuances of said fursona? What is a fursona to you, anyway, and how do you feel about having one? Stuff like that.

I'd love to know. :3  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:24 am
Well, my fursona is just a more attractive version of myself. razz
So to speak!
I mean, I kinda arbitrarily chose wolf and it was probably because I got into the fandom through interest in werewolves. Then he's also brown because I have brown hair, sooo....yeah.

Although at one time I did this whole "basing it on my heritage" thing, where I tried to develop the fursona more and personalize it more. I just took my heritage (Cherokee, English, Irish, Dutch, & Greek) and then looked at what wild canines live in the general areas. Assigned each one a point if there was overlap, and came to having a folfyote. Wolf + Fox + Coyote.

Never went anywhere with it though. It was just a fun little thing that I never really adopted.  

Garek Maxwell

shoki_de_nai

Fuzzy Canine

12,900 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:33 am
When I got interested in furry, I decided I must have one of those fursona things. I thought about it for a while, and asked some friends what they thought I would be. The person I was dating at the time said I had a lot of characteristics of a dog (also I think he was biased as he loves dogs) so I started looking at different species and breeds both wild and domestic. I found African Wild Dogs and knew what I wanted to be. 3nodding I've refined my character a bit over the years, but not a lot has changed.

I was almost a leopard though, and still think that would have fit too. A raccoon was also suggested to me a few times.

To me, my fursona is just the way I represent myself to the furry fandom. I also have a 'ponysona' for the MLP community. They're just different versions of me.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:38 pm
I'm a very indecisive person, so it took me forever to come up with my fursona. While I love reptiles and I adore reptile fursonas, I'm a mammal at heart. I've always felt connected with tanuki after learning of them. They're fluffy, adorable, and there's a ton of folklore behind them. I feel that they're the creatures that best represent me. Some aspire to be a powerful wolf or a mysterious jaguar, but I'll always love being a lazy tanuki.

Like shoki_de_nai, my fursona is just something I use to represent myself within the fandom.  

Robodicks

Robotic Exhibitionist

Soriku the Ookami

Hilarious Shapeshifter

5,500 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:51 pm
Just saying...Tanuki's are FRACKING ADORABLE~! lol. But aside from that...

My fursona is one that has developed over a number of years. It started out simple, I was a wolf fursona, because I share many attributes with the animal, I'm loyal, playful, aggressive, and generally I didn't like being alone, but I was alot of the time, so I felt very connected to the fact that wolves are pack animals, but you can still find plenty of lone wolves in the world. later I added attributes of cats, because they are mischievous, and so am I, plus, they are super fluffy~. It wasn't until this year that the cat portion became snow leopard, I had always know it was long tailed and fluffy, just never actually put a breed to it till this year. a year ago I also added bat...I'm not really sure why I'm drawn to them, but I am, so they are a part of my fursona because for some reason I connect to them. I look mostly wolflike because I connect them the most, I'm extremely fluffy and my tail is really long due to the cat portion, and I have bat wings and large batlike ears to attest to the bat portion. The ears are super fluffy though too, like the rest of my body, just shaped and sized like bat ears.

...*feels accomplished that so far her stuffies is the longest~*  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:37 am
TheAnneh

Oh my goodness, there's been activity in the guild again recently! OoO!! And You!! I saw you in the Durem locker rooms during the Rejected Olympics! OwO

as for my fursona, well I technically don't consider myself having a fursona, but I do have a furry like outfit on here, it's just something I threw together a while back because one of my friends wanted me to match her, white kitty btw, and so i bought the items and did so, this was a good few years back, and then another friend of mine wanted me to make her some avi art with my character i developed, and thus caused the further development of this 'fursona' in the latter years, which is now what I have, not on currently of course, but i have the outfit saved. I'll show you it sometime. ^w^ It's like a deranged white goth kitty...or punk...you'll have to decide for yourself what you think he is, I just think he looks like a bad to the bone character. ^w^ colors are black green and chains.  

Siefren

Deadly Zealot

xChibi Cannibalx

Spoopy Kitten

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:58 pm
I have a few fursonas actually
I see them all as a part of me, being that they express all of my emotions
I have a slight personality disorder, but it works to my advantage - more fursonas<3
I have a fursona for when im playful: Kannibal, a young childish lion cub
Pissed: A butch looking cow who is still nameless D:
Shy: Kinala, a winged snow cheetah
So on and so forth
My main fursona, so to speak, is a shapeshifter named Mikuru/Miku
Shes more of a sneaky shadowy creature that hangs out in the dark

Long story short, my fursonas are how i see myself throughout the day, every day

I have a ponysona as well
For role playing and stuff tho  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 3:46 pm
Ironically, I created my fursona long before I ever even realized and came to terms with being a furry. He, also known as Memory, was part of a series of stories that I wrote when I was younger, acting sort of as an anti-hero and rival to the main character, who's name is also my Gaia Username. His entire design was heavily influenced by the Laguz of Fire Emblem: Path of Radience, and mostly me trying to eliminate their weak point of being a weak human half the time and a powerful beast the other half. In their human form, Laguz have ears and a tail, or wings if they are birds, which I designed the clothing around. I originally came up with the hat design that my avi is wearing from him, which had ear-shaped pouches for his ears to protect them from elements, but still be able to move about. After I realized that I was a furry, which was to the chagrin of a friend who was also a furry and took the liberty of teasing me just as much as I teased him, I eliminated the Laguz influence of switching between humanoid and animalistic, choosing to combine them instead. If I could, I'd certainly dress up like his original human design, but mostly his anthro form is used in RPs. Over time, I've tweaked more and more, giving him the full name of Memry Hein Siedt, giving him his trademark cursed obsidian sword, and even making him a bit more innocent despite his originally serious-to-a-tee demeanor that he had when I originally wrote him up.
He looks pretty close to my avi, considering I've worked long and hard trying to make it look as close as possible.  

Kairo Yakazu

Friendly Friend

9,725 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Battle: Mage 100

Zefurr

Man-Hungry Shapeshifter

8,875 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Profitable 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:05 pm
i created my fursona before i realized what furries even were. i always loved werewolves. and i read books on them and werecats. then i found out about furries and kind of purr-fected the avi i already made. so i have a few fursona's; wolf, cat, monkey but my favorite is monkey (shocker). you dont see alot of monkey avis out there which kind of made me feel special. but i have to say i prefer to use my jungle wolf avi the most. his name is kori and hes pretty out there to say the least.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:37 pm
So The Prince Speaks...

My first ever fursona was made when i was watching Disney's Robin Hood. I loved Skunks so much I wanted to be like those "furry-creatures", so I made one.
I had her for 14 years, then I switched to Arcus and Mimi. [Arcus being my Dyliafelius, and Mimi being my otter]

Exhaustedapostate

Shy Lunatic

ushiwaka2468

Beloved Shapeshifter

6,100 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:05 am
My fursona, Tsukuyomi was inspired by the game Okami...she started out as a inverted colored Amaterasu...but after I had a dream of a black folf with crecent moon markings and beautiful wings, I realized I was wrong...and my fursona today is what I saw in my dream

http://www.furaffinity.net/user/ushiwaka16914/

there's my FA. my fursona is the black folf with neon blue markings  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:16 am
Initially, I used two separate phenotypes, a male cat and a female wolf, to express a certain disconnection within myself. Later, these two merged and I added rabbit to express my docile, vulnerable side.

As time wore on, I began adding scars and other permanent injuries to represent a number of things: traumas, states of mind, lifestyle.

Essentially, my fursona is designed to give those who see it a clear idea of what sort of person I am. This has been only partially successful.  

Thorn apple

The Sexual Pancake

Tipsy Gaian

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:18 pm
Well when I first stepped onto the furry scene, I didn't understand much about it and I didn't wanna be a full anthro thing. So my sona started as a sexy girl, with purple bunny ears, tail and some markings. That thing went to a full anthro bunny, tiny clothes big curves and super sexual looking.

That wasn't me, it didn't identify me at all. It was actually the opposite xD
SO I reworked my fursona, I took things that I liked and gave them my own touch.

So my fursona is now a Cheshire Cat, cause I adore that cat from Alice in Wonderland. I took the Disney's character as the base design for my sona, but added some personal touches so it isn't so hard to the eyes (those stripes give me a headache when I see the original movie).
She's overall me, she's my image towards the furry community. She doesn't have any kind of background or anything.

So...that.. basically.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:27 pm
I want a furysona but i dont exactly know how to make one or understand what it is for x.x  

Meister_Solstice

Generous Guildsman

6,550 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

The Sexual Pancake

Tipsy Gaian

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:30 pm
Meister_Solstice
I want a furysona but i dont exactly know how to make one or understand what it is for x.x

Just imagine, doodle, write a description..Get inspired by others, by what you like..

It doesn't haveto have a purpose, people use it to represent themselves, roleplay, get and make art about them.

Dunno..  
Adult Furries Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces