Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { The Lost Clans } -------------- Lost Clans Reserve/ Lost Clans Home
[PRP] Overdue Flower Arranging (Ying + Lan) [FIN] Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

chiickadee

Princess Hoarder

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:23 pm
Ying moved the orange flower to the left a little. Not quite right. More to the right. Too far to the right!!

It was funny, actually. She could place fabrics perfectly in a matter of seconds, but flowers? Flowers were another monster entirely. You had to think in a three dimensional sort of way, with symbols and colors in a small amount of space. With fabric you always planned out exactly how it was going to look before hand, and then made adjustments based on errors.

Flower arranging just didn't work with her brain. She let out a very unladylike grunt and moved the orange flower back. This was going to be a long endeavor.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:34 pm
Lan was contemplating her own arrangement. Something was off. One thing likely, one small thing was off and she couldn't find it and it was driving her insane. One wrong flower, one stem too long could ruin the whole thing and she refused anything short of perfect. She was half tempted to just start over, or mess it all up and then try to fix that. Immaturity, she'd find her mistake. Fix it, and then- A small leaf she plucked it, leaned back and-

No. No she'd just made it worse. She'd been too hasty in her decision. But- there it was, the discolored stem that was ruining the whole thing. Quickly removing it, replacing it and then altering the section just so. A slow spin and a small smile formed on her face. yes, much better. This was perfect. Per- a grunt, gold eyes snapped to the source of the noise. A horsewoman, her flowers in.. disarray. She looked to be struggling as well. A thin line formed on her lips. This would not do. A conquestian horsewoman needed to learn such skills. Looking to her own -clearly perfect flowers-, Lan took it upon herself to 'help'. "Try removing it and putting it back in."

chimarii

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Crew

Trash Husband

chiickadee

Princess Hoarder

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:50 pm
Ying had been staring at her flowers quite thoughtfully when someone came up behind her and made her jump and give a little embarrassing squeak of fright. When she turned to face her assailant, blonde hair and a golden headpiece gave it away entirely.

"Oh, it is just you Lan," Ying said, almost sounding relieved. She turned back to face her flowers with a frown. It was true, she needed much help in the ways of flower arranging. She could pick out cute arrangements, ones that would catch the eyes and be pleasing to a customer, but arranging them to having meaning and perfection was just ... bleh.

She took the orange flower out and stared at it for a moment, then put it back in. Ying couldn't even see a difference. She looked back at the blonde Conquestian and gave her a look that said, now what?

istoleyurvamps

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:58 pm
chimarii

A sigh, it almost felt hopeless. Almost. The art was just that, an art, and no one could be expected to be good at it right out of the gate. No, it would take time. And... in Ying's case a bit of effort in trying to understand. "See how it stands upright, forming a line with the others? It should look more natural. Tilt it just to the side and-" Well it looked better. There were other flaws to Lan but if she fixed them all? How would Ying learn?

"See if you can't break up the lines and make it a more circular pattern? Ah- no." Lan tapped her chin. "Think of it like drapery. It must flow rather than hang?" Lan, who had never really sewn in her life.  

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Crew

Trash Husband

chiickadee

Princess Hoarder

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:39 pm
Ying didn't see a single difference. Whether it was on its side, or facing forward, it was still a flower. She arranged it the way Lan told her to, attempting to make her own choices as well. What did it matter though? At the end of the day, she would take it home to Jing and he would see the same thing as she did- a terrible flower arrangement.

"How have you been, Lan?" she asked, attemping to change the subject. If she was going to suffer with flowers she would at least suffer with good conversation. "I've almost finished your robe," she added casually.

Ying moved a blue flower to the right a little. More like that?

istoleyurvamps

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:29 pm
chimarii

A small smile, the noble reached out, replacing a yellow flower with a white one and having it just shorter than the blue. A little less color similarity. Lan never asked to help. She simply did. Rude noble was just another noble. "I have been doing well. A bit shaken over a few recent events, but nothing I cannot overcome. Really, just paltry things you know. This and that." Like emotional roller coasters and the whole insanity house. She was dealing with it like a champ.

Or so she told herself.

"And really?" Gold eyes lit up at the mention of her robe. "Wonderful. As normal, I'll throw in something extra for the detail work. Hrm." Lan looked back to the flowers. "Better. But how are you and your brother? Adapting well to this.. 'lost' clan?"  

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Crew

Trash Husband

chiickadee

Princess Hoarder

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:01 pm
"Oh," Ying said, not really sure how to comment on the insanity haunted house events. She hadn't gone- instead she'd been stationed back at home to defend the herd- so the traumas of the house were a complete mystery to her.

Luckily Lan moved on to her robe, and that was something Ying could talk about for ages. Her awkward demeanor immediately perked up, eager to please her elder companion. "Yes! We found a beautiful swatch of golden thread lace in Halloween that we tapered along the edges so-" She looked up at Lan and realized her tailor-talk was falling on flat ears.

She moved the white flower out and put the yellow one back in. She liked that flower, thank you very much. "My brother and I are working hard to raise what money we can. It is fortunate that regardless of ... circumstance, people will always need clothing." A secret smile creased her face. Yes, Ying and Jing weren't well to do by any means, but they were certainly more successful than some of the other artisans who had specialized too deeply.

Ying leaned closer to Lan, confiding gossip in her. "Sometimes I do not like living so close to the war clan. I fear for their shower stalls- that is, when they finally take one."

istoleyurvamps

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:16 am
Ying was right. Lan had 0 idea what she was going on about when it came to tailoring, aside from ‘yes it will look good and you will look good in it and that color is pretty do you want it yes you do okay.’ As white was replaced with yellow there was a small yet audible sigh as Lan attempted to make it work. Hands fussing in what wasn’t her’s to fuss with. Organic yet coordinated, it was a delicate art. “Well, as always you have my patronage, and I do tell others that if they must have any work done to go to you and your brother. Really, the only obvious choice if you want quality I tell them. Others? Far sub par.” She bent a blade of grass just so. Leaving the arraignment alone.

“Before and after, you two proved to be some of the most skilled, and you were always getting better as well. One day I am willing to bed a few tokens you will design the emperor’s robe’s.” This a hushed whisper paired with a very hidden smile. She did think fondly of the twins, and the idea of her cousin, as much as he somewhat terrified her, to one day take the title he was born to do.. It was a nice thought.

Gossip was greeted with a open smirk. “Oh? See-“ She giggled, whispering back, “-I don’t mind them so long as I don’t have to smell them. Their males all.. so keen to showing off just why their fighters are so renowned you know?” Another giggle.

Lan liked certain things. And what she saw time to time, she liked.  

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Crew

Trash Husband

chiickadee

Princess Hoarder

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:08 am
Ying might have sparkled a little at Lan-senpai's compliment. Right to her kokoro, Lan.

And it just kept going too. When Lan mentioned her making clothes for the emperor, Ying quickly waved her hands. "Oh no no no, I don't think we will ever be that good. Jing maybe, his needlework is impeccable, but not me. I just make shapes, its really simple stuff that someone else probably has a better eye for."

As Lan spoke of naked horseboils, Ying looked down at her jar and began picking at a pink flower nervously. "O-Oh is that so. They must have many scars, yes? Always fighting with one another like that ..."

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:58 pm
Lan smirked. Ying was really quite adorable with how she didn't think her skills worth. "You do yourself a disservice Ying. You are skilled, and it's nothing to be ashamed of." Returning to her own flowers, Lan removed one stem before altering it to a new location.

Her smirk however got a little more sinister. "So you have seen them then?" A tap to Ying's shoulder. "You can tell me, I won't say anything to anyone."

chimarii

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Crew

Trash Husband

chiickadee

Princess Hoarder

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:02 pm
"Lan!" Ying whined, disliking the hot seat her senior was putting her in. "It is most improper for a lady to ... to ... to do that!"

She'd never snuck a peak, ever. Not even for famine ponies with the modeling body of a god.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:50 am
The grin only widened. "Nothing saying a lady cannot look and admire what FEAR provides." Poking Ying in the shoulder Lan pressed. "Sooooo, who have you seen that has caught your eye? HmmmmMMMMmmmm?"

chimarii
asdfghjkl

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Crew

Trash Husband

chiickadee

Princess Hoarder

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:10 am
Ying's eyes cast downward immediately, thick red blush covering her face. She stammered out, "N-No one Miss Lan. Th-That is- many people c-catch my eye, for many people are very wonderful, b-but no one like that.[/color"

She covered her face with her hands, trying to hide her embarrassment. "Ohhh leave me alone Miss Lan!"

istoleyurvamps
hi i did it

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:20 pm
"你太可愛了。" Lan giggled behind her hand, before reaching over to her own vase, bending a stem of a leaf now that she noticed a small flaw. "I see though. No one? I guess that means I might have to ask Jing." Not that he'd tell her anything.

"Perhaps I need to ask around to find the stallion who's gotten your attention. Or is it stallions?" A fan pulled from her sleeve, Lan covered her face. She was trying to hide her teasing smile, but it was near moot at this point.

"I can't leave you alone anyway. Who would I ask for when I need a new dress that would outshine all others after all?"

chimarii
horse puns never get old

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Crew

Trash Husband

chiickadee

Princess Hoarder

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:35 pm
Ying peeked out from behind her fingers, checking to see if Lan was going to leave her alone. The answer was no. No Lan was not.

"N-No! Don't ask Jing! He- he'll ... !" Most likely he would just shrug nonchalantly. They didn't talk about that kind of thing. When Ying really fell in love, he would know.

Abruptly, Ying's hands fell back to her side. "STALLION! IT IS JUST ONE! I DO NOT SEEK THE ATTENTION OF MANY!!" How embarrassing.

istoleyurvamps

{ The Lost Clans } -------------- Lost Clans Reserve/ Lost Clans Home

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces