Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { The Lost Clans } -------------- Lost Clans Reserve/ Lost Clans Home
[1v1] Practice Makes Perfect (Kiwi/Lan) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

xoxomenai

Apocalyptic Cutie-Pie

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:55 pm
Kiwi made one last twirl of the bandage around his fingers, pulling it taut and tying it off before pausing to observe his handiwork. There, that would do nicely. He had taken Soren's advice, and decided to invest in some wraps if he were to make this ab workout successful. That accomplished, the Famine colt sprinted across the training area to the nearest grove of trees, and scaled it expertly.

He then located the nearest lower branch, and assured it was stable enough for him, swung his legs across as he dropped down to hang in the air. He fanned his wings a moment, and crossing his arms, did his best to pull his torso up, an act that only managed a weak, half-twist in the air, leaving him both dizzy and slightly winded.

Soren was right. This was alot harder than it looked. He wasn't prepared to give in so soon though. He tried again, focusing his strength towards his core, willing the muscles of his abdomen to pull himself upwards.

Again he failed, falling back down with a pant. Kiwi's jaw set, and he tried again. And again. And again.

After several more tries, and an aching stomach, he began to realize he was actually managing to perform semi-decent crunches. He could only get about halfway, but halfway was much better than nothing. He was midway through a second set, when a sudden silky voice caused him to falter, dropping back down into midair.

Lan's face stared up at him, opposite from this angle, and his face flushed in surprise. "O-Oh, hello Lan, I was just in the middle of a workout. ... Are you here to train too?? ..."

He thought it a little odd a noble such as herself would be visiting the training grounds, especially in the heat of midday. Working quickly, he managed to right himself on the branch, swinging round to face her properly.

iStoleYurVamps
Finally have a thread of awkward ab things ovo <3

iStoleYurVamps rolled 1 20-sided dice: 4 Total: 4 (1-20)
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:59 pm
She was not quite sure what she was watching happen. Kiwi was hanging from branches and looking like he was pulling himself up but- not. All it would do in her mind was send blood to his head and have him dizzy. "Are you alright?" She couldn't help but ask after a short time. He was rather set on his.. whatever he was doing but it didn't look very easy or comfortable. She took a step back as he faltered. Whoops. "A work out. So that was what that was all about." She looked to the branches with a shake of her head. "Trees make good targets but- I am not so sure how useful they are for training otherwise." Lan had the benefit of hand to hand combat growing up. Tutors and soldiers hired to take blows for her from her. Using trees?

An alien concept.

Nodding the noble summoned her bow at the question of training, golden wood a comforting weight in her hands. "Yes, I was going to be shooting at targets yet again but." She tapped the tip for the bow to her lip. "Would you mind sparring perhaps? I am... revisiting my training as a soldier. Combat helps provide insight to weaker areas and while I might be skilled," ever cocky, ever the conquestian, "to get better always would behoove me you know?" Simple robes and shoes, she was happy to have stuck with what was slowly becoming her 'training attire'.

xoxomenai

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Crew

Trash Husband

xoxomenai rolled 1 20-sided dice: 3 Total: 3 (1-20)

xoxomenai

Apocalyptic Cutie-Pie

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:05 pm
"I-I'm fine." Kiwi did his best to shrug the embarrassment off, managing a weak smile. At the mention of spar however, his interest was piqued. It had been quite a long time since he had actually participated in a spar with another horseman. And he had never went up against anyone outside his own clan. It sounded promising.

"Alright," he answered, standing to leap nimbly to the ground below. He turned to face Lan a few yards away, summoning his chained sickle. "I could use a little warm up against an actual opponent myself." He smiled - a soldier's devilish grin - and awaited her move.

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps rolled 2 8-sided dice: 3, 5 Total: 8 (2-16)
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:14 pm
Giving him a light smile, Lan looked to the chained sickle with mild interest. "A ranged fighter then?" She made it a question, insure given how some might fight with a chained weapon. How hunters used such things to try and trap them. Entangle and ensnare and then- Well. Hunters would be a thing of the past one day. Sooner than later if the horsemen had their say. With hope for the island coming back? Hunters would be crushed. That was simple fact.

"But should I be insulted Kiwi? A warm up? And here I thought being a fellow horseman you'd consider me at least a moderate threat." Her words could hold menace, but they were countered with a small smile and an amused air. Not that the arrows she sent were friendly.

HP: 40
Damage: 2
xoxomenai

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Crew

Trash Husband

xoxomenai rolled 2 8-sided dice: 8, 2 Total: 10 (2-16)

xoxomenai

Apocalyptic Cutie-Pie

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:30 pm
He jumped aside, but still Lan's arrows managed to graze his shoulder. She had good aim. He should expect nothing less from a Conquest noble, and indeed, he likely shouldn't have smarted off as he had. But a battle was something Kiwi craved, and sometimes the sheer thrill could overwhelm him to a degree. "I mean no disrespect. It has simply been some time since I've had the chance to wield my weapon against one of my own." Which led to no surprise when she asked of his weapon. Kiwi circled defensively for a moment, pondering how best to answer. "... Consider my weapon a jack of all trades, if you will." And with that he swung, letting his grip on the blade fly free so that the chain spun out with a whirl.

HP: 38/40
Damage: 4

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps rolled 2 8-sided dice: 7, 8 Total: 15 (2-16)
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:04 pm
A shake of her head, she had a small hint of a smile. "If you'd been of my clan, it would have been, but, I have realized I cannot hold another to my clan's... ways." She'd not call them eccentricities. No. Her clan was just very.. mannered. Words mattered a great deal after all. "Think nothing of it Kiwi. I jest. But when it comes to a spar, hold not back. A challenge is meaningless unless backed with intent." Another gold arrow sen hi way, Lan's expression changed to one of determination.

"A jack of all trades- but what does that make you a master of Kiwi?"

HP: 36
Damage: 9 wat

xoxomenai

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Crew

Trash Husband

xoxomenai rolled 2 8-sided dice: 6, 4 Total: 10 (2-16)

xoxomenai

Apocalyptic Cutie-Pie

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:07 pm
Kiwi smiled, grateful he hadn't offended her. Her jibe however caught him off-guard, and he tumbled backwards as Lan's arrow sliced clean through his left wing, sending a shock of pain down deep into his shoulder, certain to leave quite a bruise to the hollow bone.

A jack of all trades- but what does that make you a master of Kiwi?

Lan's words rang louder and louder through his mind as Kiwi tumbled back into the dust, one thought above them all: He couldn't protect her then ... and-and now ...??

His wing throbbed, and somehow that pain seemed to ebb through him. For a moment, he simply lay there, allowed it to wash over him, to still him ... then-

His grip around his scythe tightened, and Kiwi pulled himself to his feet. Lan wanted a worthy opponent, and by Famine he would give her one. Huffing from effort, he leapt into the air, gritting his teeth against the pain of air whistling through his sore ligaments, and dove down, whipping the scythe's blade out towards Lan. True to word, he wouldn't hold back for this battle. If Lan wished to gain strength, he would give it his all as well. He wouldn't ... he couldn't possibly be that weak ... could he?? ...

As he sailed past her, he managed to answer a curt: " ... Nothing. But that gives me all the more reason, doesn't it?? ..."

HP: 29/40

iStoleYurVamps
That dice roll wut. Lan you are already a sensei *^* Also saw this as a good opportunity to include a little Kiwi-plot yes (as Lan's comment would probably wound his damaged ego a bit |D)

iStoleYurVamps rolled 2 8-sided dice: 2, 5 Total: 7 (2-16)
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:05 pm
A moment of worry as he didn't move. Had she hit something too tender? She didn't think the blow to have been that great but if it was- so it was. She'd not wanted to harm but she did want to win. Winning would be taken at any cost, that was what it was. His blade came at an unnexpected moment catching her and leaving a clean cut. Well, not strong enough to take him out? Good. She did want a proper fight after all.

"Not even a master of your own fate?" She teased, noting his curt reply. Picking at nerves- just another lovely trait of Lan, of conquest. Exploit a weakness. Something they loathed yet practiced to perfection. Their own contradiction. She gave a single shot at him. Frowning as it didn't do much.

HP: 32
Damage: 1

xoxomenai
Lol it's all good. /abused Ramen with plot for char development otl

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Crew

Trash Husband

xoxomenai rolled 2 8-sided dice: 2, 5 Total: 7 (2-16)

xoxomenai

Apocalyptic Cutie-Pie

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:13 pm
No sooner had Kiwi touched the ground behind Lan, than he found a second arrow whizzing past. He was fortunate it only managed to nick the bone, clipping a few feathers as it passed. But that paired with her response triggered a reaction in him, and his sickle shot through the air, chain pulling taut as it swung towards her.

No, I am a horsemen. And horsemen decide their own fate.

But even that thought couldn't still the echoing memory of Medea's voice, ever chanting her mantra: all paths lead to the same end ...

His grip on the chain flexed and tightened.

HP: 28/40

iStoleYurVamps
Preying on Kiwi's weakness like that ;; ilu Lan <3 Also epic dice rolls these 8D

iStoleYurVamps rolled 2 8-sided dice: 4, 7 Total: 11 (2-16)
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:45 pm
He was not as jovial as before, perhaps now he was realizing that this battle was on that she would take any opening she could find. Mental included. Whatever she had said had sunk in. So what better way to keep the upper hand than to keep digging at it? "Or have you let others decide your fate for you? Do you truly have no desire to master anything?"

His blade nicked her, and she smirked. This might take a while, but- hopefully he knew that this was simply another battle, the specialty of conquest. Another arrow and she smiled sweetly.

HP: 31
Damage: 5
xoxomenai
LOL I try to help while being IC

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Crew

Trash Husband

xoxomenai rolled 2 8-sided dice: 1, 8 Total: 9 (2-16)

xoxomenai

Apocalyptic Cutie-Pie

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:03 pm
No desire?? ... No that wasn't true-

Kiwi caught his blade again in an outstretched hand, barely having time to react as Lan's arrow collided with him. His feet slid back across the ground, leaving a trail in their wake. His chest stung and and pulsed with pain where the arrow hit, and he slowly dropped his arms, panting hard.

He had fought all these years. Fought hard to be an honorable soldier for Famine. His grip tightened on the blade. Maybe he wasn't as strong as he could be, perhaps he was still the same failure he had always been ... even with her ...

But he had tried hard his entire life.

Kiwi braced his feet into the soil, and swung his blade towards Lan, letting the chain slide like sand through his hands. "And you Lan?? ... Are you proud of what you have accomplished??"

HP: 23/40
Damage: 3

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps rolled 2 8-sided dice: 5, 2 Total: 7 (2-16)
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:01 pm
She was having a good day with her shots apparently. The question slowly being if it would hold up however. Sometimes things just happened, thoughts got in the way.

A good solider didn't let such things happen.

Blade bit into skin and silk as red flower on the once clean cloth. A solid hit. She'd need to keep up her game if she wanted to 'win'. His question had her snort. "I am conquest. I am proud of what I have achieved." Yet guilty of where she had failed. Of how she had failed. That was her own burden. "I will do my clan no shame." Not any longer was almost said. A hint of the words unspoken in her eyes. Thoughts were distracting, her arrow not flying as well as she would have liked.

HP: 28
xoxomenai

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Crew

Trash Husband

xoxomenai rolled 2 8-sided dice: 5, 6 Total: 11 (2-16)

xoxomenai

Apocalyptic Cutie-Pie

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:37 pm
Kiwi leapt, and managed to avoid the brunt of her shot as it grazed his arm lightly. He expected no less from a horseman of Conquest. His hand tightened around his blade. He had promised to give her a good fight, and a good fight he would. Touching feet to the ground, he kicked off, pirouetting through the air as he brought his blade down towards the noble.

HP: 22/40
Damage: 5

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps rolled 2 8-sided dice: 8, 2 Total: 10 (2-16)
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:05 pm
The blade got her and she frowned. More damaged to her out- no, she’d come expecting this. These were made for spars, made to take blows and damages, she need not worry so needlessly. Kiwi was proving skilled, and she would have to thank him for it. She needed to improve. Strive to rise above all others. She was nobility, she could do no less. Be no less. Jumping back Lan attempted another shot, hoping to perhaps get a limb that was not one of his wings.

HP: 23

xoxomenai

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Crew

Trash Husband

xoxomenai rolled 2 8-sided dice: 8, 6 Total: 14 (2-16)

xoxomenai

Apocalyptic Cutie-Pie

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:48 pm
He attempted to cartwheel to the right, but Lan's arrow managed to graze his arm, spreading a bright wound into the orange-brown markings and knocking him off balance. Kiwi toppled into the dust. The wound stung, but he ignored the pain. The battle seemed to be taking it's toll, for a measly arrow to throw him off his feet. He would have to be careful this time.

Quietly he circled around Lan, eyeing the Conquest mare for any sign of an opening, a weakness. And when he saw his chance, he swung, guiding his sickle out.

Perfect.

HP: 18/40
Damage: 8

iStoleYurVamps
Sorry for the impromptu hiatus. Let's get this finished up?? ovo

{ The Lost Clans } -------------- Lost Clans Reserve/ Lost Clans Home

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items