Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

So Long Gay Bowser

Blessing Devotee

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:37 am
The Outlands
I will take what is mine through Fire and Blood

The queen was gone. The heir was missing. The old blood had thinned. Most of the lions who had hailed from Scar’s line, who still held grudges, had decided to move on with their lives. It was for the best, and brought peace to the troubled lions. Bloodied cliffs grew silent, and the storm that had been brewing blew over.

Or so it had seemed.

Deep within the ancient lands, there were some who remained. The missing queen’s son. A great granddaughter of Scar. The queen’s consort. Fate brought them together once more, and beneath a blood red sky, they plotted. The Outlands would rise once more, stronger than ever.

---

The pride known as the Outlands is currently small, but growing in numbers. To all those willing to pull their own weight, it is a haven- a sanctuary for outcasts, exiles, and misfits. But the King and Queen are diligent in their efforts for a return, and have no room for slackers in their numbers.

Life is tough in the Outlands. Grass is sparsely found, and trees are even rarer an event. The pride resides in mostly abandoned termite mounds, though lucky lions may find themselves dens elsewhere. The sun is hot, and the land creates a tougher breed than their lighter cousins in the Pridelands. But while the Outlanders may seem cruel to Outsiders, they are good to their own and even better to their families. Trust in those you share blood with.

The current King, Kovu, is a cousin once removed from his Queen, Tiah. They are not romantically involved, because of their familial ties, though they care deeply for one another. In hopes of furthering his pride, the King is in the process of courting an Outsider, so that the bloodlines may be continued. Throughout the lands, the members work diligently in an attempt to revitalize their home.

And that’s what you missed on Glee!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:42 am
The Lions of the Outlands

The Outlands practices an almost militaristic way of life. All lions are trained to hunt and fight, and their goal is to serve and protect one another. They tend to have gruff, almost mean exteriors; you’d be hard pressed to find a sweet and loving lion among these lands. Underneath the brash tempers, however, are fiercely loyal lovers and friends.

While the lions of the pride are complex, the pride and its ranks are not. Everything is for the good of the whole- one lion, even the monarch, does not profit over the others. In times of joy, everyone profits. In times of hardship, they all suffer together. None the less, ranks are necessary to keep life running, and they are as follows:

King/Queen: The presiding monarchs of the Outlands, and the ones who make important decisions. They meet with the heads of different groups (hunters, mentors, advisor, and guards) to plan the pride’s future and keep up to date on events. To date, all monarchs have been descendants of Scar, and shall likely continue to be so.

Drones (Lead by The Advisor): Lions of cunning and creative who have, at least, some social skill to them. They are sent out of the pride to seek new blood- be it by charm, or by force, is their decision. They’re the best talkers of the group, aside from the royals, and tend to have more sway than your average hunter.

The Warlord, in times of strife, leads the pride in its defenses against intruders. The lions of the pride will listen to his or her order, rather than the King’s. He or she also offers council on guards, and new recruits.

Crown Prince/ss: The future ruler of the Outlands, and the named heir of the throne. They are typically not chosen (ICly, at least) until adolescence, to inspire greatness and strength in all of the royal family. With the exception of a title, they receive no special treatment from their brothers and sisters.

Advisor: The King and Queen’s most trusted friend and companion, the Advisor tends to be their social link to the rest of the pride. Responsible for checking up on daily affairs and keeping dates in check, he or she advises the royal family on how to act to keep the peace. This lion is likely the most sociable of the pride, and is often one to speak to new recruits.

Guards (Lead by The Warlord): The Outlands’ border patrol, these lions are strong and fierce, making sure no intruders meaning harm get to the inner lands. They are taught to strike first and ask questions later when it comes to suspicious or dangerous characters. If a guard meets an outsider who wishes to see the pride, or bears no harm, they are to take them to the Warlord, whom typically councils with the Advisor. The Warlord helps make the decision of who is worthy to join the Outlanders.

Mentors (Lead by The Master): The equivalent of an Outlander “nanny”, Mentors may have one of the toughest roles in the pride. They are responsible for not only watching the cubs and juveniles of the pride, but teaching them in hunting and fighting. The Master is responsible for overseeing the lessons the Mentors teach, as well as raising the Royal Cubs. Poor soul, indeed.

Hunters (Lead by The Head Hunter): The standard rank within The Outlands; any lion who does not take another role falls under this category. They work in groups of three to five, scouting out together to find and take down their kill. The Head Hunter meets with the King and Queen to discuss the state of the lands, and is responsible for the paths the hunting parties take.

Youths: The cubs and juveniles of the Outlands who have not yet taken on a role; they are in the developing stages of their lives, learning how the pride works, and how to hunt and fight. At the end of the day, they go back to their parents’ dens. The last thing the Mentors need is a sleepover of rotten little tykes to look after in the night!

Slaves: Any lion not willing to join the Outlands when recruited is degraded to the rank of a slave. There is no set ranking for the slaves themselves, but they fall under all other ranks in the pride. One slave answers to one master- no more, no less. The king, queen, and high ranks are openly welcome to take a slave. Any other lion taking a slave must have approval.

Other races, such as wild dogs, leopards, and cheetahs, will automatically become slaves. Note that not all slaves are poorly treated- some are friends who simply happen to work for you. For life. A master may decide to title their slave, with a new marking, as a "Beloved Slave”- this a very specific title, and puts you at the equivalent of a hunter. It is not often given, due to how hard one must work to earn the title. But when it is received, it is something worthy of celebration- and will be acknowledged by the pride.

Vargr- The Hellhounds of the pride; these hyenas are brutal and ruthless, speaking to no one except their masters. Only the higher ranks possess these demonic dogs. They are the eyes and ears of the higher ups, and report back to their masters on the pride's going-ons. It is unwise to speak poorly of the royals, since you never know who may be listening...

So Long Gay Bowser

Blessing Devotee

So Long Gay Bowser

Blessing Devotee

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:46 am
Outlands Culture

Gender: Gender is unimportant to the Outlanders; if you can prove your strength and earn your place, you are welcome. Sexism is not looked upon kindly, and unfair treatment without reason will be severely dealt with. Warlords, for the most part, have been female- just as the Advisors have been male- and every lion is provided with opportunity.

Species: The Outlanders are a lion-based pride, and do NOT accept other races. THEY WILL BE ENSLAVED. THIS IS YOUR FIRST WARNING. It is not my responsibility if you ignore this!
Hyenas may be welcomed in the pride, but it is only higher ranks who employ them. A hunter with a hyena companion may not be treated too kindly by the monarch.

Pelt Colors: Neutral and natural colors are seen as the best, in the pride. Darker lions are favored over light ones, due to prejudices against Pridelanders. Bright colors are very typically not accepted- there must be a great reason (i.e. fitting a role perfectly) for a lion of a bright coat to take a spot in the pride.

Births: Because of the harshness of the lands, births are something to be celebrated. Young cubs that haven’t weaned are looked after and cherished, since survival is so difficult. Lions not occupied with work may be asked to help tend to young cubs. Any births within the royal family are witnessed by The Warlord and The Advisor, and cubs may be privately trained by these higher roles.

Coming-of-Age: The coming of age ceremony for Outlanders is not the typical ceremony; the Warlord, the Head Hunter, and the Master depart into the nearest grasslands to hide. The three coordinate their efforts, and continue moving at all times. The youths will be sent out after, and asked to hunt the three as a team. There will be no fighting involved here- at least, it’s not in the rules. (The poor adolescents wouldn’t stand a chance!) When the hunting party has collected the three elders, they will dictate among themselves if any are worthy of mentorship from these elites. If not, they will simply move on to be Hunters.

Death: The deceased, when they have moved on, are dug graves and buried. All creatures who serve the Outlands will do so both in life and in death. Nutrients return to the dirt, and help further the pride. It is an honorable passing-on, and family and friends may take vigil in honor of their life.
Dishonored lions are not buried within the pride lands; the Interrogator may be given their corpse to do with as he pleases, or they will be taken out to the far desert and left for the buzzards.

Gods: Gods are seen as inferior and dishonorable beings; they are given unfair gifts, more-so than the Pridelanders with their easy environment, and are seen as scum. Any god entering the lands needs to be prepared to fight for their life. Outlanders are trained to fight Gods in groups, and show no mercy.

If a God can best the Outlanders in physical combat, without the use of their powers, they may be seen as worthy of entering the lands. Use of a god’s powers in battle, however, will result in the God being sentenced to death. (Whether or not the God would be killed in actuality is up to the owner; however, this is a warning, and Gods are NOT TREATED KINDLY. PLEASE do not enter the Outlands expecting kind treatment!)
Seers: Only the position of Advisor may be filled by a seer. Seers are not well looked upon, and are viewed as deceitful and treacherous. Some may even be killed by other members of the pride. If the Advisor is, in fact, a seer, it is a secret known only by the royal family.

Breeding: Because of the harsh weather, breeding is recommended only when the weather is at its easiest; it is too hard on the mothers’ at other times, and therefore not recommended. As harsh as the Outlanders are, they do not wish to see unnecessary death- particularly of their young. Bloodlines are very important, as are coloring, so flings are not recommended. If a male is seen as impregnating too many females, he may be forcibly removed from the pride. Or worse.

The Arena: Once a year, when weather is good and the meat is aplenty, the Outlands hosts its own sort of tourney. There is a game for lions, and a game for slaves- the two do not inter-mix. The lions in it compete, in a gladiatorial contest, for the King's favor. The winner gains a special title, and may ask for one favor- a better cave, permission to court the heir... whatever it is they so desire. And if it is in the King's power, they shall win it. (With, of course, the exception of taking the throne. That is just silly.)

The slave tourney is more of a game. The competing slaves have more at stake- it may very well be their lives. Life or death is at the jurisdiction of the king, however- if the fight is good enough, and the citizens of his land are entertained, he may very well spare them both. If a slave fights well and hard enough, they may even earn the rank of Beloved Slave.

Contest of Right: A slave may only invoke this contest ONCE. That's it. That's not once a month, or once a year. Just ONCE. In this, they present to their master that they wish to contest for their freedom- if the master agrees, they take the wager to the king. He then presides over the duel between them, seeing if the slave is fit for freedom. If they win, they earn the rank of hunter, and are freed from slavery for life. As are their young, should they bear any. This is the only way for non-lions to be a part of the pride. They will never be more than a hunter, however.

If the challenger fails, their master may dictate the fate that befalls them. This may be humiliation, death, or worse. It is a very brave soul who contests his freedom, for the rewards may not be greater than the risks.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:22 am
Current Members and Ranks

Kovu [owned by MoonstoneDazzle] - King
Tiah [owned by MarchMoth] - Queen
Sukari [owned by MoonstoneDazzle] - Advisor
Nzasi [owned by Quaji] - Warlord
Ona [owned by [Eskimo] ] - Master
Ahzure [owned by Saint Sergio] - Head Hunter
Kadaj [owned by March Moth] - Hunter
Takha [owned by March Moth] - Hunter
Mjrn - Hunter
Taj - Hunter
Ta - Huntress
Anorah - Huntress
Nasibu ?/Hunter
Haidar - Hunter
Nadie - Huntress
Pihka - Hunter
Legarega [owned by Nerpin] - Mentor
Malaikaa Muziki [owned by fu Kurohane] - Mentor
Maati [owned by ChezaRain] - Huntress
Mkuru [owned by Ruskea Koira] - Guard
Imara [owned by Strawberry Gumi Bunny] - Guard
Spidda [owned by Kathryn Dragonna] - Guard
Noir Dore [owned by Kathryn Dragonna] - Guard
Calypso [owned by Krysin] - Drone
Mauld [owned by Moonstone Dazzle] - Drone
Ebbe [owned by KasaiLoki] - Drone
Domeykite [owned by Krysin] - Drone

THE APPLICATION

[color=darkred][b]I Will Take What Is Mine Through Fire And Blood[/b][/color]

SoA Name:
SoA Image:
Owner:
Desired Rank:

So Long Gay Bowser

Blessing Devotee

So Long Gay Bowser

Blessing Devotee

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:24 am
This is an empty post- mainly for me, in case I need to add more info, extra comments, or anything.

Please- feel free to leave any questions or comments! If there's anything you see that I'm missing, PM me or IM me at MoonstoneDazzle

I'll probably type up crap on festivals and what-not soon. If I'm done being lazy.

This is now OPEN FOR POSTING!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:14 pm
I Will Take What Is Mine Through Fire And Blood

SoA Name: Ona
SoA Image: Uncert
Owner: [Eskimo]
Desired Rank: Mentor (Or even the Master, unless it's rlyyy RP heavy)

If you feel like she could be an older member/related to anyone, let me know, 'cause she is mostly a blank slate and I'd totally be open to it.  

[Eskimo]

Anxious Cat

So Long Gay Bowser

Blessing Devotee

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:33 pm
Accepted! Adding her to the list. heart

And if you'd like her to know Kovu, I'm more than good for RP

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:37 pm
Heck yes. Once you guys start collecting RPs, let me know and I'll get one going. :3  

[Eskimo]

Anxious Cat

strawberry gumi bunny

Fashionable Strawberry

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:48 pm

SoA Name:
Imara
SoA Image: X
Owner: Strawberry Gumi Bunny
Desired Rank: Guard  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:49 pm
I also wouldn't mind Imara being an older member if you feel like she could be.  

strawberry gumi bunny

Fashionable Strawberry

ChexaRain

Unbeatable Streaker

26,000 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:54 pm

SoA Name: Maati
SoA Image: [X]
Owner: ChezaRain
Desired Rank: Huntress [like she would spend her time raising snotty cubs, pffft.]

Being so-far removed from being any kind of royalty, she's a bit spiteful in her ways. XD  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:01 pm
Both are accepted!

@Gumi- I don't know if she could be, honestly. What're her familial ties like/what gen is she?

So Long Gay Bowser

Blessing Devotee

strawberry gumi bunny

Fashionable Strawberry

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:10 pm
Moonstone Dazzle
Both are accepted!

@Gumi- I don't know if she could be, honestly. What're her familial ties like/what gen is she?
She has none, she was a custom, a few years back that I got specifically with the darker outland colors in mind. I never expected the outlands to be revived so the second I saw it I had to apply XD

It's fine if she can't have old ties to them.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:14 pm
I'm more than game for her to. Just get some RP with me some time, yeah?  

So Long Gay Bowser

Blessing Devotee

strawberry gumi bunny

Fashionable Strawberry

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:16 pm
Moonstone Dazzle
I'm more than game for her to. Just get some RP with me some time, yeah?
Absolutely ^^  
[OOC] Plot Recruitment Threads [OOC]

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces