Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:55 pm
User Image

An eagle played across the sky and he followed the sweep of its elegant wings, so broad and agile as she twisted back and forth. Bai Bo had never considered himself a dreamer. He was too grounded for that. Too embedded in reality to allow his mind to lift to things such as that. And yet, for all that he was serious and realistic, he felt his heart soar with that eagle's wings.

To be able to fly back and forth with such ease. What a wonderful gift. A feat that seemed to defy the laws of earth! It was something to marvel at. Something to envy.

He'd not thought of home in the longest time. Not since coming to the Tianxia, really. But now that he was older he had to admit that he wondered how everyone was doing. He'd had many brothers and sisters and not all of them had stayed in Pridelands. If he remembered rightly, his older sister was queen of a pride of warriors....or savages. Sometimes it was hard to tell one from the other. But whatever they were, she had made something of herself. And what had he done?

He'd had a litter of children but his marriage had been brief and left him feeling empty inside.

He wouldn't admit it, but he was sad.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:56 pm
Things were transitioning more smoothly than the lady of the South could have hoped. In only a few weeks time would she step down and allow her young heiress take her place. Few steps remained before Sida's coronation; her wedding to Jiù​xīng and the official announcement. While Lady Ming looked forward to watching her heiress grow and blossom as Lady a part of her knew that she would never truly step away from the political standpoint of being a ruler.

The green striped lioness had spend almost all of her adult life dedicating it to Tianxia. To completely move from that and settle into a life of retirement just did not suit her, especially since her duties as lady had been what kept her sane. Kept her from thinking of all of the what-if's that had been left behind with Vulcan's departure.

In truth the lady could just use some company.

Lady Ming had taken up the habit of not only patrolling the borders of the South but wandering briefly into other houses, if only to keep up the air of communication and diplomacy. It was important to be the one to approach another first, it said a lot about character and would always set the tone for how meetings would go. And that was where she found herself today, shifting close to the border of the east and before she had even realized it she had crossed into the East.

It was there that she stumbled upon company, while though it was unintentional Ming realized it was exactly what she needed. A distraction, so she spoke. "Hello," she began cautiously having vaguely recognized the male from the Empress's wedding. "I believe we met at one of the weddings?"

Nuxaz

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:29 pm
He found himself annoyed that his peace and quiet was being interrupted -- until he saw who it was. Gruff he may be, but he was also wise and to snap at one of her esteem would surely taint his future. So, with that in mind, instead of curling a lip in irritation, he gathered his paws beneath him and dipped his head respectfully.

"My lady." He uttered, pausing to glance up at her. He even shifted a little uncomfortably. "We did indeed. At Empress Ting Lan's wedding." It was a memory both bad and good. Good because he had been able to feel semi-normal and bad because his clumsiness had brought a lot of eyes down on him. He'd never really been the clumsy type, typical that it would choose that wedding to rear its ugly head.

"To what do I owe this pleasure?"

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:59 pm
Despite her often polite and curious disposition Lady Ming didn't always think of the idea that some people preferred to be left on their own, as Bai Bo might have. Still he held himself gracefully that the lioness hardly picked up on any bit of irritation he might have displayed. In return to the bow of his head she dipped her head down. Just because she was of higher rank, for now, it didn't mean that she did not need to show an equal amount of respect. That was often where leaders went wrong, they were not above their subjects.

"Ah, yes," she murmured thoughtfully thinking of the instance where her heir's young consort had stumbled. "You mingled with Sida and Jiù​xīng correct?" Leave it to Ming to politely dance around the debacle that had occurred. "It appears that the Empress has set quite a bit in motion, first her wedding then the wedding of the West. I would not be surprised if another was just around the horizon."

She blinked, seemingly surprised by his question when a soft smile spread across her lips. "I suppose I was merely looking for some company of my own age," she admitted almost sheepish sounding.

Nuxaz

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:07 pm
"I did." He replied, glad that it seemed she was not going to bring up the unfortunate incident. "Things have certainly moved along since then." Bai Bo agreed. Weddings and cubs and life aplenty. It had been a busy time for a pride that had been relatively quiet before. Still. weddings tended to make him think of his own failed marriage and he couldn't help but feel a little cynical about it. He had come here for a better life. To achieve his ambitions. But so far he had done nothing of note: except, of course, siring his children. And, despite everything, he was proud of them. He just wasn't always good at showing it. "No doubt there will be another wedding soon." Love was budding all around, it seemed.

And then, at her words, he felt himself relax a little. Her answer had been honest, judging from her tone, and perhaps he had need of company, too. He had been keeping himself to himself much of the time.

"Then by all means. You are welcome." And he had to admit, after the irritation of being disturbed had past, he was honoured. "How has life been treating you since we last spoke? Any great changes?"

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:36 pm
Though she would never openly show it, Ming was jealous of all the young couples who had managed to find love in their arranged marriages. Who had found happiness in another without too much struggle. She envied them because they had achieved something she never had. She would never admit it though.

"Life has been fair," she replied thoughtfully thinking of what had happened recently. "There has been much hustle and bustle in the South, changes are just around the corner," she admitted. Perhaps it was too soon to truly talk of it without the official announcement but she saw little reason to hide it. "It's time that the youth take the place of their elders," her tone was a mixture of pride and sadness.

It was hard to imagine stepping down from a position she had know her entire adult life. It had shaped her, molded her and certainly made her the proud lioness she was today. "I fear I may be lost when that comes to pass."

Kimaria

Nuxaz

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:36 pm
Fair was good. Bai Bo often believed quite the opposite. His life had been seemingly squandered. One disappointment after the other. It had his heart aching and his soul withering. Sometimes he wished that he could be given a sign that he had done the right thing. That he wasn't going to be better off elsewhere. But where would he go? He didn't want to wander aimlessly again. That had been hard enough as an adolescent seeking his fortune.

He'd thought to find it here.

Bai Bo looked up in surprise at Lady Ming's words. "Take the place of? My Lady? You are stepping down?" The thought surprised him. He looked at her and wondered just how old she was. She didn't strike him as old, but perhaps the pale fur hid her age well?

His ears fell back into his mane. "When you reach the top, the only way is down." He replied, realising how awful that sounded. "But perhaps you might something better to be freed of responsibilities? Perhaps you shall find something else just as important."

I fear I may be lost.

"But I do admit, I sometimes feel as if I already am lost."

Nuxaz

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:01 pm
Despite the stress, and subsequent trauma, she had endured the lioness had aged well. Perhaps she could attribute it to the fact that her mother had aged well or because Tianxia had provided her with a soothing and stable environment. She couldn't say her father had aged well, she had no idea if he would have or not since he died before she had been born. She doubted she would ever care to know the male she so strikingly resembled. She had been incredibly lucky to have been blessed with her mother's green and not the salmon color her father had been well-known for.

She sheepishly smiled, looking away briefly as he caught on to her riddled admission. "I am indeed. I have been around since the very founding of Tianxia, while I believe I have a numerous years ahead of me the times are changing and a new generation is stepping forward with new, bright ideas that I believe will only help us grow." Ever the diplomat, Lady Ming couldn't help but express her views in the most eloquent way she could. "The rest of them have stepped into place, it is only logical for Sida to step into hers," she spoke fondly of her heiress believing full well that she was extremely capable.

The South would flourish, she was certain.

"It is likely," she began thoughtfully, "that I will be needed to fill the position on the advisory council. Though bright, my heiress is hesitant and until her courage reveals itself she is likely to turn to me with advice, which I will deliver if not sparingly." She looked to Bai Bo as she spoke. "Perhaps I will make use of my time to learn more of the other houses, admittedly I lack the knowledge of some of the other customs. It would only serve me better to acquaint myself with them." She had always been curious to learn more about her companion houses.

"It's difficult isn't it? To be lost, without direction. I have been at that point many times in my life," she admitted, her smile a sad one. "Being lost means you have the ability to find your way back. You are not without hope are you? Because that is when you truly need to be concerned."

Kimaria

Nuxaz

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:21 pm
She had been here since the founding? Bai Bo had to say the thought of it was quite impressive. For her to be here at the very beginning, helping build something for nothing so that wandering youths like him could find some place to call 'home'.

"I suppose you must do what you feel is right." He replied after a moment. If she felt like it was her time then she was probably right. In his experiences, listening to your own instinct could never be a bad thing. Instincts were usually right, though he had been shunning his for a long time now. The feeling of being...misplaced or suddenly someone who didn't quite fit in had been bothering him for some time now. "And being on the advisory council is certainly nothing to be sniffed at." He hungered for such a thing himself, though having to come down to that rank was certainly different from stepping up into it. He gave a brief nod and glanced across at her again.

"I can help you here in East, perhaps. I would not turn down the honour of your company, my Lady." And he dipped his head again to emphasise his words.

His eyes darkened then and he glanced away. "Sometimes I wonder whether I have always been lost. But let us hope that these are just the thoughts of a negative mind in need of some positive influence."

Nuxaz

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:39 pm
"Change is inevitable," Ming replied thoughtfully. "Though it is not always easy, it is always necessary," she continued, tilting her head back to look up at the sky. "The more we dig our heels in against it, the rougher the ride will be," she shook her head, soft sight leaving her lips. "When I was younger, I learned that the hard way," she explained, turning her gaze back to him. "Sometimes, you find it harder to let go than you would like."

She had spent too long in that oasis caring for her sisters, determined to do what her mother had not. When she had finally escaped, due to the meddling of a god, she had left her siblings behind (unwillingly mind you) and lost herself in the desert. Along the way she had been victim to far a string of bad luck and clung to the hatred of her mother abandoning her but it was her struggles that made her so wise. She had more experienced most in her life and though she was world-weary she knew there was still so much more ahead of her.

"It is the struggles that we endure that make us strong, who define us."

Though the times had been difficult she wouldn't trade her past for anything. "If you would do me the pleasure," she replied, grateful that he would so easily offer his services. "I would be honored."

She let him speak and frowned slightly, understanding. "It's not easy to be found when you are lost, but do not fret Bai Bo because there are plenty around who would be more than willing to try and help you find your path." Including her.

Kimaria

Nuxaz

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:49 am
Her words were wise. Not exaggerated or false. They were spoken with true knowledge. With depth. The sound of them were comforting even though their content was not exactly happy. Change was difficult. Change was unnerving. But she was right. They could not stop the world from shifting so why try to fight against it? They were getting older and though he would not consider himself old, he was no longer the young adolescent who had arrived on these borders all that time ago.

He did not know what Lady Ming had been through. But in comparison, his own life had been a relatively easy one. Born in the Pridelands but infuriated at the lack of thirst for knowledge that the people had there, he had journeyed far and wide to find where he belonged. And that had, at long last, bought him here. He'd known this was his home the moment he came to understand what it was. And, after a time, he had met his ex-wife. They had wed reasonably quickly and cubs had arrived soon after. Perhaps it was the haste in which he had done things which had led to its decline. It was not something he was proud of but it could not be helped. But he had felt lost then, unsure of the path he had taken and where it was leading him.

He had to look forward. As Lady Ming said, they had to endure and grow stronger.

"Thank you." He replied. "The support would be welcome. And I shall be here for you, too, my Lady." He dipped his head and wondered if perhaps this would be the beginning of a flourishing friendship.

Nuxaz
fin?

[IC] Tianxia Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces