Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kaelyndra

Liberal Streaker

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:50 am
User Image

The Short

Moto'Seide is going to be taking a leave of absence from leading the Sentinels. She's conducting interviews to find an able Firekin to take her place during this time.

The Long

For those who do not yet know, ICly, the Firekin are in a cold-war with the Nergui. They have taken a Nergui prisoner and received brief contact with those claiming to be of the Nergui. A few, sparse conflicts have taken place, resulting in several injuries and a few deaths.

For now, however, things are in the calm.

What is more, the Sentinels have returned, briefly, and are staying in the Firekin lands for a time. They received very little intel, and are deciding their next move with the pride and the Magistrates. Due to their stay, and her increasing bond with Veru, Seide is using the time to plan for a family. While she'll serve out her service until she is showing signs of pregnancy, she's never been one to make hasty decisions. That means she's deciding now who will take her place as Legate.

This means, interviews! Here's a bullet-list of important information for all involved.

Who Knows

• Other than Veru, Seide first told Shunqa and her parents
  • Other siblings and Firekin closely interworking with her (Elda, etc.) were told next.
  • Following, the sentinels were gathered for a meeting. They were the first to find out she may not be going with them in the near future, and that they will have a temporary leader. All sentinels are eligible for the temporary-Legate position.
  • With all these people, there is a formal set of rumors on the ground regarding Seide looking for a Legate to step into her place. Feel free to distort this rumor as to the reasons why, or the length of that change.

About the Rank

• Seide will be interviewing each Firekin individually, and then making a decision
  • The rank is temporary, and requires leaving the lands in the future to manage the Sentinels
  • The rank is just below the General in terms of IC power
  • This rank grants you no OOC power, but if both players agree to such a plot, the temporary Legate can promote/demote individuals
  • Your character will work directly with the magistrates on foreign politics and war strategies.
  • They are diplomats and soldiers. They're expected to follow orders, but still be able to think strongly for themselves.
  • There is no guarantee of a rank for you lion after Seide retakes her position of Legate, but if they do an impressive job, they may ICly act as her second in command from then on out.
  • Seide is not being demoted. Within pridal boundaries, she'll still have her nose stuck in the guard and the soldiers alike, training with them while she's physically able, helping Corporals/Brigadiers/etc. with battle tactics, fortified defenses, and intel regarding the Nergui. However, she'd no longer travel with the sentinels so all orders will be given by the stand-in Legate.

The Interview

• Will be done one on one with Seide. Though, there is a chance for conflict if two lions show up at the same time!
  • Does not guarantee your lion the rank, but gives them a darn good chance.
  • Will consist of a portion where Seide asks your lion questions, and then a portion where your lion will be able to ask questions.
  • May include a fighting sequence while Seide tests your skills if your lion's rank is traditionally a non-solider/guard rank.

There's no formal form for applying - the only requested piece of information is your lion's rank. Anyone with a Firekin can apply! If you're willing to start, you may ask for an RP by simply starting and posting the link.

You may ask me to start, or post an RP request and start yourself at a later date if you don't have time immediately.

Fun, side-plot idea: Having a cub try out for the rank. Obviously, they wouldn't be getting it, but Seide might humor them an interview anyway. Could be some serious lulz here.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:33 am
Keahilani would like to apply! He's currently a Soldier:

User Image

He's a lion of few words, so when he does speak, he's placed a lot of thought into them and they carry meaning and/or weight(That is to say, if they don't carry real meaning, they're pretty strongly said, so the intent is pretty clear, like telling a lion to come at him during a duel), and they're usually to the point. While he was raised under the ideals of the Traditionalists, he still knows how to follow orders, and because of his preference to think before he speaks, he's drastically unlike his father on that respect. He'll stop to think about the consequences of his actions before he actually enacts on them(The only exceptions being after the attack at the southern outpost, when his bigger concerns were his half-sister, Morag, and his mother, Shula, getting to the medical wards).  

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50

magnadearel

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:16 am
User Image

Plamen will give this a try! He was there when the "ambassador" arrived.
He's going to become a Water Seeker with aims toward a Tracker, and this may help him realize that he's not suited toward the more agressive rolls. <3

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:35 am
Andranis

Cool. 8] You up for starting this one? He can find her near the training grounds usually, and as a soldier should know where to find her most times.

magnadearel

Awesome! Oughtta be some fun to be had here. I can give a start to this one if you'd like.  

Kaelyndra

Liberal Streaker

magnadearel

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:50 am
Kaelyndra
Awesome! Oughtta be some fun to be had here. I can give a start to this one if you'd like.

Lol yeah Plamen is such a fun boy. If you would that would be great. <3  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:58 am
Kaelyndra

RP!  

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:41 pm
I have two Firekin!

One

This is Agni, a soldier! He's fairly middle of the road personality that favors duty to play, and tends to maintain a good business face. If he does go 'off duty' he can be more gentle and kind. Getting a taste of diplomacy, seeing outsiders, may be good for him!

For a reverse of Agni...

Two

Mpeko is a huggy, lovey lady in the Firekin who leans towards hunting and tracking. The Nergui and cold war has her SCARED, as she's avoided battle so far. Still, she couldn't abandon home. She knows how to fight, but she is far more suited to diplomacy than battle. A role teaching her that sometimes one has to fight may be good for her.

:3  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:08 pm
NovaCracker

Hey Nova! I went ahead and linked the images because they were ginormous on my screen.

Back to the exciting stuff: It sounds like your characters are more interested in a temporary sentinel position than a permanent leadership one -- is this correct? The thread itself is for lions that would approach her to willingly be interviewed for a strong, battle and diplomacy position where they lead and guide the other sentinels. It's not an easy job, and she wouldn't be pulling people out of the crowd; ICly they'd have to approach her.

While it doesn't matter what their rank is, because Seide will review anyone with interest, it's very unlikely they'd get an interview unless they directly approached her themselves. That being said, if they simply had questions about the sentinels in general, Seide would be happy to answer any questions they had and we could do an RP focused on that. 8]  

Kaelyndra

Liberal Streaker

Kaelyndra

Liberal Streaker

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:18 pm
magnadearel
Kaelyndra

Lol yeah Plamen is such a fun boy. If you would that would be great. <3

Here you are!  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:26 pm
Agni would definaitely offer. As for Mpeko, she may offer help as she can and she would ask questions for sure. Mpeko would love to help in any form. Agni is more inclined to think of a position, especially to make mom proud-- Mom being Iirte.  

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

Kaelyndra

Liberal Streaker

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:42 pm
NovaCracker
Agni would definaitely offer. As for Mpeko, she may offer help as she can and she would ask questions for sure. Mpeko would love to help in any form. Agni is more inclined to think of a position, especially to make mom proud-- Mom being Iirte.

If you'll start us up something, then I'll reply! I just wanted to make sure we were all clear. 8]  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:49 pm
Azar: SIGN ME UP, BITCHES emotion_donotwant

/Semi-OOC Azar

User Image  

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:51 pm
Kaelyndra
NovaCracker

If you'll start us up something, then I'll reply! I just wanted to make sure we were all clear. 8]

Can do! It'll be a few days, only cause I only have net on my phone.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:00 pm
Kimaria

Here you are  

Kaelyndra

Liberal Streaker

MoonRazor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:24 am
Vutha would like to volunteer himself, only to completely miss the interview in favor of something infinitely more important... like napping.  
[OOC] Plot Recruitment Threads [OOC]

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff