Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Alternative Lifestyles Guild

Back to Guilds

A safe place for anyone who identifies with the LGBTQ(IP) community and their allies. 

Tags: lesbian, gays, queer, transgender, LGBT 

Reply 07. Profile Forum [Introduce Yourself "Extended"]
Anyone else identify as asexual here? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

vdszbz

Chatty Smoker

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:49 pm
Hi, I'm new.

Ever since I started dating I noticed I lacked a sex drive. I find men attractive, yes, but not "oh, I want to have sex with them!" attractive. I thought I was a freak or I had some weird hormone imbalance. After all, all humans are supposed to enjoy sex, right? Boyfriends would wonder WTF was up with me and feel inadequate and ugly because of me, when it really wasn't their fault at all. I posted something on Life Issues about it and people said I might be asexual. I said "No, that's impossible, I still find men attractive! If I was asexual I wouldn't find anyone attractive, right?" and they said that it was totally possible for me to still want to have romantic relationships, just not sexual ones.

I feel like the odd one out of my friends. I'm the only one who doesn't care about sex. I feel bad for my boyfriend too (who I haven't told about this), because he wonders why I never want to fool around. It's just not something I'm interested in. I'm 20 btw.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:33 pm
I don't identify as asexual, but I also have difficulty convincing myself that I want to have sex even with someone I find attractive. I thought at first that I might be a lesbian, but the idea of having sex with a woman is no more appealing to me and I don't physically enjoy it either way. I know I have a sex drive (my imagination in that area is very active) but I haven't found another person, male or female, who can do anything about it.  

Arachnakid

Sarcasdick

Dangerous Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:39 am
Running through the monsoon,beyond the world ...

I feel the same way. Not sure if Asexual or Nonlibidoist. I get romantically involved with people, but I don't really have a sex-drive.

to the end of time,where the rain won't hurt ...

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:21 pm
Being asexual does not mean you lack interest in a romantic relationship with someone, it simply means you lack sex drive and have little to no interest in having sexual interaction with someone.

This might be of interest for those confused about such things: Link here!

Starlight Minako

Fashionable Genius

7,200 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Timid 100

vdszbz

Chatty Smoker

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:11 pm
Sarcasdick

I feel the same way. Not sure if Asexual or Nonlibidoist. I get romantically involved with people, but I don't really have a sex-drive.

I thought that too. But when I look at a guy, I don't think "Wow, I would hit that." and fantasize about dirty things like some people do. I just look at him and say "Wow, that is an attractive man." when I imagine sex with that person, it just doesn't compute.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:33 pm
br0wneyed-babe
Sarcasdick

I thought that too. But when I look at a guy, I don't think "Wow, I would hit that." and fantasize about dirty things like some people do. I just look at him and say "Wow, that is an attractive man." when I imagine sex with that person, it just doesn't compute.

That is EXACTLY how I feel. o.o I thought I was like, the only one, cause most of my friends are out and about having happy sex lives and none of them quite understood.
They get points for trying to though. lol
I feel not so alone now. c:

Sarcasdick

Dangerous Gatekeeper

vdszbz

Chatty Smoker

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:32 pm
Sarcasdick
br0wneyed-babe
Sarcasdick

That is EXACTLY how I feel. o.o I thought I was like, the only one, cause most of my friends are out and about having happy sex lives and none of them quite understood.

Same biggrin

There's a website called AVEN (asexuality.org) if you wanna poke around more.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:24 pm
I don't know if I'm asexual (because when I'm alone I can get aroused and, like, y'know, I do enjoy pleasuring myself) but I certainly have no interest whatsoever in having sex with other people anymore.
It kind of sucks. My relationship is failing miserably because, I dunno. One day I just didn't give a s**t about sex anymore.

I feel really, really bad for my boyfriend.
He has a pretty overactive libido, and I can't keep up at all.
He always says stuff like
"Wow, wish I had a girlfriend that actually, y'know, has sex with me"
or he'll say
"Why am I even dating you? So I can feel ugly and alone all the time?"

All I can really do is apologize over and over and over again.
It makes me feel like s**t.
I just don't want to have sex, at all. Ever.
But I also want to keep my boyfriend. We've been living together for almost 2 years and it's starting to get pretty tense because of my lack of sex drive.I really wish we could just have a relationship that wasn't centered around sex. It hurts, it's uncomfortable, it takes too long, I have to shower right after- there's just so many negative things.

I feel like I'm going to lose everything just because I don't want to get plowed every day.
It sucks, it sucks, it suuuuuuuuuucks.

It's like- I'd cry, but.
I'm already too exhausted.

- Child of Cirra -

Tipsy Conversationalist

Sarcasdick

Dangerous Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:40 pm
br0wneyed-babe
Sarcasdick
br0wneyed-babe
Sarcasdick

Same biggrin

There's a website called AVEN (asexuality.org) if you wanna poke around more.

Thank you, I totally will c:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:19 pm
- Miracle Herb -
I don't know if I'm asexual (because when I'm alone I can get aroused and, like, y'know, I do enjoy pleasuring myself) but I certainly have no interest whatsoever in having sex with other people anymore.
It kind of sucks. My relationship is failing miserably because, I dunno. One day I just didn't give a s**t about sex anymore.

I feel really, really bad for my boyfriend.
He has a pretty overactive libido, and I can't keep up at all.
He always says stuff like
"Wow, wish I had a girlfriend that actually, y'know, has sex with me"
or he'll say
"Why am I even dating you? So I can feel ugly and alone all the time?"

All I can really do is apologize over and over and over again.
It makes me feel like s**t.
I just don't want to have sex, at all. Ever.
But I also want to keep my boyfriend. We've been living together for almost 2 years and it's starting to get pretty tense because of my lack of sex drive.I really wish we could just have a relationship that wasn't centered around sex. It hurts, it's uncomfortable, it takes too long, I have to shower right after- there's just so many negative things.

I feel like I'm going to lose everything just because I don't want to get plowed every day.
It sucks, it sucks, it suuuuuuuuuucks.

It's like- I'd cry, but.
I'm already too exhausted.

Asexuality can be a huge lump of confusion. Asexual peoples can still enjoy masturbation. It's more of an inherent lack of sexual drive or a lack of sexual attraction towards people. Asexual people can still experience arousal and can even have kinks. They've just got no sexual attraction towards people.

If your boyfriend is complaining about you not wanting to have sex, it might be time to break it off. :c You shouldn't be in a relationship where he's making you feel bad for having a lack of sexual drive. People have different libidos, or, in many people's case, a lack of libido, and he shouldn't shame you for it, or make you feel guilty for it. You shouldn't have to apologize for not wanting to have sex, and he shouldn't complain, because he shouldn't have any inclinations towards pushing you out of your comfort space.

If you're uncomfortable with it and if it's hurting you, you definitely shouldn't force yourself through it, sweetheart. You don't exist to satisfy other people's needs. Since you two have been together for so long, it might be hard, but you shouldn't force yourself through something like that.

The only other thing I can suggest is potentially looking for things to rekindle your sexual desire, but I don't know if that's likely. Seeing as it's very possible that you're asexual, this might be a fruitless endeavor. But if you'd really like to make this work, maybe try exploring some kinks with your boyfriend, and see if it's at all possible to get in the mood?  

TheDramaticMurderer

Dapper Bloodsucker

3,450 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Profitable 100

Submissive Zoey

Friendly Explorer

3,650 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:39 pm
I also define myself as asexual and I have a boyfriend who knows and understands. Sex has never been on my mind, and I used to have it with an ex boyfriend just to please him and it haunts me to this day. It was very hard in the beginning because when you love someone you want to be able to perform the way that's expected from society as an animal, our purpose is to have sex, to reproduce, so not wanting it can be very conflicting.

My sexual release is through something completely different. I'm into a lot of "kinky" things but without the sexual undertone. I'm left feeling completely satisfied after a scene even though I don't orgasm or get touched in where most people find pleasurable. It allows both me and my boyfriend to have a good time, and I allow him to get off without my aid. He fell in love with me without the sex, and I'm the happiest I've ever been because I'm honest about it.

To be asexual simply means to not enjoy or have any desire for sex. You can still get turned on though. Spanking/discipline is a turn on for me, but I never want to have intercourse. Just the idea of discipline is a turn on, while the idea or act of sex is a turn off. Find what works for you.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 3:35 am
I'm not asexual, but I am demisexual, which means that I don't experience any sexual attraction for someone until a strong, romantic relationship is established. Put a beautiful stranger in front of me and I'll notice their beauty, but nothing sexual will ever manifest from it. Put a person I'm romantic with in front of me, sexual attraction manifests pretty quickly. It's just the way I'm wired.

At the same time, I have some gray-a tendencies: if I were to fall in love with an asexual person, I'd have no problem with a sex-free relationship. As long as there's love, trust, faithfulness, and friendship, that's all that truly matters to me. Sex isn't a loss.  

Sea Thrift

Hygienic Browser

Asexual Anomaly

Generous Millionaire

7,400 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:33 am

Homoromantic asexual at your service. heart

I find women aesthetically pleasing and I find that I am physically/emotionally attracted to them but not sexually. For the longest time I identified as a lesbian until I realized that I have no desire to engage in intercourse although I do crave slight physical affection(hand holding, cuddling) with members of the same sex.

It's hard to find someone compatible because sex is predominantly deemed necessary to maintain healthy relationships and everyone I seem to be interested in backs away due to my lack of interest in sex.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:40 am
LOL, I do. Kinda like, it's so weird, but I don't have anything or anyone I like. Or any kinks, or anything, and people say teenagers are the horniest of anyone. I'm also aromantic though, so there's that. I am disgusted by even the THOUGHT of sex *shudder* and I see most men as wanting sex only and don't like women. Like, at all, romantically OR sexually. I'm going to be the crazy cat lady someday, LOL. xd  

2ndPokeMaster

Crystal Abomination

8,800 Points
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Gender Swap 100

rielles
Captain

Gracious Hunter

9,700 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 9:23 pm
Although his forum post is old, thought I'd stop by and mention I do!  
07. Profile Forum [Introduce Yourself "Extended"]

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff