Submit

WaluigiTime

Dangerous Winner

14,700 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:11 pm
HI GUYS! My apologies for not posting in a long time, my health has gone south...I would like to ask you all, your opinions on the rumor of a new soul reaver game, of a revamp.

I, personally, am against it, simply because Tony Jay is dead (rest his soul), and im afraid of them messing up our lovable characters we all know and have come to love.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:23 pm
ShadowjumperCon
HI GUYS! My apologies for not posting in a long time, my health has gone south...I would like to ask you all, your opinions on the rumor of a new soul reaver game, of a revamp.

I, personally, am against it, simply because Tony Jay is dead (rest his soul), and im afraid of them messing up our lovable characters we all know and have come to love.

I'd like to kind of see what they have in store to be honest.

We can't expect anyone else to replace Tony Jay that is for sure. I'm won't say though that they can't find a suitable replacement for him. There has to be SOMEONE out there that can give the Elder God a 'voice'. Even though Tony Jay is gone we have to accept that there may be someone else out there that can pull off voicing the elder god.

Tony Jay's baritone voice is hard to play though. So we'd have to see how they would do in that aspect. I don't see why Michael Bell and Simon Templeman wouldn't want to sign on for another game either.

We also have to take into account Amy Henig is no longer working on the project and it would take some convincing to get her back I would think.

I'm hopeful though.  

MadxHatterxTeapot
Vice Captain

Dapper Prophet

11,700 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Explorer 100

WaluigiTime

Dangerous Winner

14,700 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:25 pm
You see, my main problem is them remaking it, completely redoing it, me and my brother are afraid of them ruining it, and making it either mediocre, something not worth the time, or some run-of-the-mill platformer.adventure game. thats what were afraid of, the whole thing being ruined..  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:15 am
I never heard any rumors until you posted this. Can you provide a link of where you saw this so I may read up on it?

My big questions is if they are remaking or making a new one. With respect to remaking if they remade it with better graphics and kept the original dialogue, it would be awesome.  

Lieutenant Turel

Samt03
Crew

Deadly Elder

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 4:56 pm
Lieutenant Turel
I never heard any rumors until you posted this. Can you provide a link of where you saw this so I may read up on it?

My big questions is if they are remaking or making a new one. With respect to remaking if they remade it with better graphics and kept the original dialogue, it would be awesome.

I THINK this is what she's talking about: http://www.vg247.com/2012/03/20/rumour-crystal-dynamics-working-on-soul-reaver-reboot/

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/03/20/report-soul-reaver-reboot-in-the-works  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:31 pm
A reboot in gaming terms can be either a retelling of the same story or slightly modified telling of the original story.

Tomb Raider got a recent reboot and the newest game was well received and adored. Tomb Raider is also owned by Crystal Dynamics. They could keep the old voice acting for the deceased Tony Jay and have Simon/Michael re voice their characters' lines. There could be new dialogue options as well.
I've been replaying SR1 on my PC. Graphics kinda suck and the camera is wonky. I'd love to see that fixed. If they retold it then they might do the full original story or at least include the Priestess.

We need more information.  

Lieutenant Turel

Samt03
Crew

Deadly Elder

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:29 pm
ShadowjumperCon
You see, my main problem is them remaking it, completely redoing it, me and my brother are afraid of them ruining it, and making it either mediocre, something not worth the time, or some run-of-the-mill platformer.adventure game. thats what were afraid of, the whole thing being ruined..
Do you have a link to where they said it would be a full redo?  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:35 pm
The series is nearly ten years old. A reboot would be the best thing for it. (a good reboot of course). if they release a new game for the series (say SR3, BO3, etc) the game would not sell very well because it has nothing to entice new fans. A reboot gets more people into the series and is a financially smart decision.

Also, both links seem to point towards a reboot  

Lieutenant Turel

WaluigiTime

Dangerous Winner

14,700 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:35 pm
Samt03
ShadowjumperCon
Do you have a link to where they said it would be a full redo?

Unfortunately, I used to, but I no longer have it, I lost it a long time ago sad  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:01 pm
Lieutenant Turel
The series is nearly ten years old. A reboot would be the best thing for it. (a good reboot of course). if they release a new game for the series (say SR3, BO3, etc) the game would not sell very well because it has nothing to entice new fans. A reboot gets more people into the series and is a financially smart decision.

Also, both links seem to point towards a reboot

Trying to figure out how then it works into the whole 'warfornosgoth' url that hatter found in the other thread.

That would hint for a totally new game... Unless they revamped the entire series and released a new one as a promo or something?  

Samt03
Crew

Deadly Elder

Lieutenant Turel

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:33 pm
Do you have the links for these other threads?  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:54 pm
Lieutenant Turel
Do you have the links for these other threads?

this? http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=23648429

links:
story board for game: http://www.dualshockers.com/2013/02/11/legacy-of-kain-registered-as-war-for-nosgoth/

http://www.domainnews.com/en/square-enix-registers-warfornosgothcom-domain-name.html

Anyone speak french? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1olRiPfDbn0  

Samt03
Crew

Deadly Elder

Bluetabbycat
Crew

Jeering Seeker

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 3:54 pm
I would have thought that if Crystal Dynamics were going to release a new LoK game it would be a re-boot. As mentioned above, it would bring in new fans as well as entice the old ones back in, which would be a big money spinner for them.

As for the 'warfornosgoth' url, it does suggest a new game in the series. I also noticed Daniel Cabuco (who worked as a concept artist on the other LoK games) has done some new(ish) art for Dumah and Zephon. I don't know if that's an indication of anything.....  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 7:19 pm
It could be the new art is part of the reboot. I really would love enhanced graphics and a way better in game camera.

As for a new game, it could happen after the reboot comes out and they are planning that far in advance. Main went to DisneyWorld in 2005 and saw plenty of concept sketches...for Tangled. If the reboot is successful, why not a new game?  

Lieutenant Turel

WaluigiTime

Dangerous Winner

14,700 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:41 pm
HI TUREL! *waves*

Im just worried they will mess it up and ruin it...ive never seen a good reboot in my life...game-wise that is. I hope they at least keep the voice actors and storylines and characters....maybe add a part when you can play as raziel when he was still Kains lieutenant.  
The Clan Sanctuary - Main Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff