Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Miscellaneous Threads
Local Anime Clubs. WHY CAN"T THERE BE ANY! Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

I-Seisui-I

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:37 pm
I have just been in the need for an Anime Club in my local area but there aren't any and I can't really find an active club to join on sites other than this one. Meh does anyone else ever think about this?

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 1:55 am
I-Seisui-I
I have just been in the need for an Anime Club in my local area but there aren't any and I can't really find an active club to join on sites other than this one. Meh does anyone else ever think about this?

I would think that it depends on where you live. Have you tried Google searching for anime clubs in your area? Maybe your local college has one?  

OnsenMark

Crew

Noble Raider

12,700 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250

I-Seisui-I

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 8:49 pm
OnsenMark
I-Seisui-I

I would think that it depends on where you live. Have you tried Google searching for anime clubs in your area? Maybe your local college has one?

I have tried looking for local Anime Clubs but the closest thing that comes to it is local comic shops that carry manga and anime but there isn't really a group that is really into anime ( unless I'm just blind )

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 2:57 pm
Can't find one? Make one!

I'm blessed to have an anime club at my school. I also used to be the president of the anime club at the local library near my home (however, the program got terminated to make way for other interests like adult book clubs).  

iAsianSushi

IRL Treasure

I-Seisui-I

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 8:39 pm
iAsianSushi

I'm blessed to have an anime club at my school. I also used to be the president of the anime club at the local library near my home (however, the program got terminated to make way for other interests like adult book clubs).

We have an Anime Club at my school but it's not very fun like most of the members aren't very enthusiastic and they just sit there, I think to be honest I'd actually want a Cosplay/Anime Club.

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 8:02 pm
I'm part of a small Anime club, mostly consisting of coworkers and friends (and coworkers turned friends). We used to get together every Tuesday evening and watch Anime together and joke around. But we haven't had one in a while though. sweatdrop Everyone suddenly got too busy with other things I suppose. But really it's just luck, finding people that are enthusiastic about Anime. blaugh I wish you luck in your endeavors. 3nodding  

Bermese

Dedicated Fatcat

11,400 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Wall Street 200

The Heartless Princess

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:03 pm
After I graduated from high school I found myself in the same situation.
None of the colleges around have an anime club and neither do the libraries.
It is possible to just start one up though - there's lots of info and help on the web.
Or maybe get more involved in the one at your school?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:42 am
iAsianSushi

I would go with this idea, I was club president at my high school, my club died when I graduated, no freshman wanted to take the lead  

Extreme Cuddler
Crew

Sparkly Sex Symbol

dianizz_miau

Omnipresent Phantom

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:31 pm
When I was a student, I remember that there was an anime club at my school, I wanted to join and went to 3 meetings I think, but I didn't really like it so I stop going, I think I prefer to enjoy my hobby just by myself XD  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 11:42 am
I go to two anime clubs, but due to my dang medication I keep missing for the most part. X/Y tournament on Tues. @_@ MUST TRAIN...

Just got my 7th badge...  

iCamui

8,050 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Informer 100
  • Citizen 200

Etherial Silky

Romantic Bookworm

23,000 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Bookworm 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:45 pm
iAsianSushi

Same here, my friends and I started one in high school and my college already had one.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:54 pm
Oh wow this forums still going? I kinda found a solution to my problem I'm starting a cosplaying group with my friend and we're going to launch it by new years eve so hopefully that takes off. So we'll be like those random cosplayers on youtube / Deviant art.  

I-Seisui-I

Shannon Kyra Liannanon

Perfect Phantom

8,600 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Invisibility 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:21 pm
Around where I live, manga and anime pretty much don't exist :/
I have to drive either an hour one way or an hour and a half the other to find anything
Argh

Good luck with it ou o  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:03 pm
I-Seisui-I
Oh wow this forums still going? I kinda found a solution to my problem I'm starting a cosplaying group with my friend and we're going to launch it by new years eve so hopefully that takes off. So we'll be like those random cosplayers on youtube / Deviant art.
cool man, I live in an area with easy access to anime stuff but I had still started one back in high school can't have to much anime right?  

Extreme Cuddler
Crew

Sparkly Sex Symbol

I-Seisui-I

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:01 am
Extreme Cuddler
I-Seisui-I
cool man, I live in an area with easy access to anime stuff but I had still started one back in high school can't have to much anime right?

Yeah can't have enough Anime Expo was paradise the first time I went. And i've grown up watching cosplaying groups on youtubes and it's been one of my dreams to have my own cosplaying group and it's finally going to happen but it'll be a lot of work.  
Miscellaneous Threads

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff