Depawsit

Charitable Informer

15,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:46 pm
User Image

Soleil had arrived early to the medical field early, as she did nearly everyday. It was her chore, or as she saw it, privilege to prepare the day's tools and salves for use. She'd only been here a few minutes, and already she had nearly everything she would need for an average day, neatly arranged on the ground before her.

For a moment she thought of taking out the more advanced salves, those you would only need in the most dire of circumstances. But she knew there wasn't much war to be had lately, so the chances of a dire emergency were slim. Now all she had to do was wait. Her new apprentice Sua would arrive shortly, and with her arrival came a new addition to Soleil's day.

Training.

She'd never had to train another before, but when she'd first met the girl, something about her made her offer to become a mentor. She'd worried over it the night before, but now seemed well at ease with the situation. Everything would be fine, she would train her as she was trained. Things would go smoothly, and with luck Sua would graduate to a full blown medic in no time.

Soleil smiled to herself as she awaited her assistant's arrival. She was probably just as anxious and excited as Sua was at this very moment. Taking a deep breath, the female sat down patiently and waited for her to arrive.

DraconisSiirexus

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:08 am
User Image
She ran as fast as she could, huffing and panting harshly as she was in a hurry. She remembered waking up at the crack of dawn this morning, had an easy meal, and no matter how hard her siblings tried to get her to slow down, she just went on in a hurry, since she had to meet her mentor, and swiftly. It took her a bit, since she had to tell a lot of people hi that she knew, and did had to make two stops for breathe, but she was going to get there. Seeing the site where all the medics would be, she saw a glimpse of Soleil and went faster. After several minutes, she slowed down to a halt in front of her. "Good morning, Mentor Soleil." She said with a smile, exhaling harshly as she slowed her breathing and pumping heart.

'When i get my own den, first spot it'll be is really close to the Medic's site, that way i would have to take so long to get here!' She thought as she was calm with her breathing, but really excited and jumpy about today being her first day with her mentor. Keeping herself in check, she was ready for the first official lesson. Looking at the site behind her, she was happy to be able to come here again, but as a apprentice this time.

Depawsit
SilverLutz

Siire

Wealthy Wolf

5,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Profitable 100

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:19 pm
User Image

It had been a pretty rough day for Kasoro. It was one of his first on-duty as a real guard, as his probation period had ended, but it had not been a light day, even by normal guard standards. There had been some rather rough rouges who wanted to cross their lands, but they had to turn them away. It turned a bit physical, but thankfully Kasoro and the other guards size alone had been enough to deter the smaller felines.

After that, there had been a crocodile scare at one of the watering holes near their post. It had taken some time to talk the creature into leaving the cubs alone, and they stood guard until the small family had moved on further into the prides lands. When that was taken care of, Kasoro had shifted to climb up the bank of the steep side of the pond and mis-stepped on a rather loose rock.

He had tumbled down into the water and had to swim a bit to get out in a shallower spot, but he could tell that he had twisted something in his back leg pretty badly. The officer at the guard post had told him to go see a medic, so he began the long hobble to the medics field, grimacing the whole way. Once he got close enough he was relieved to see a few lions were there and...oh. Even better. His new friend seemed to be one of the two there.

"Afternoon, medics," he called out, hobbling over to them on three legs. "I'm very glad to see you two."

Depawsit

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:12 pm
Soleil's ears perked as she heard the familiar sound of another approaching the medic fields, looking up she was happy to see her new apprentice running full force towards her. Soleil smiled, readjusting herself so that she could properly greet Sua when she arrived.

It took only a few minutes for her to get there, and when she did Soleil was ready with a flicking tail and a bright smile. "Good morning Sua, are you ready for your first day of training?"

As she finished her question, she yet again heard the familiar sounds of another approaching. Looking back, she noticed the stunning pelt that belonged to her friend Kas. She immediately felt her heart began to bump harshly in her chest. He was hurt, he wouldn't be coming here unless he was!

A quick scan of his features alerted her to his leg.

"I sure hope so, because we're about to jump right in!" Her words were a bit shaky, but not enough to cause much alarm. Though her quick dash for Kas' side might have been a little more obvious.

"Oh no! Kasoro, what happened? Did someone attack you? But why did they attack you? You aren't a fighter!" Taking a deep breath she tried to regain her composure. "Here come on, use Sua and I for support. We're going right over here, don't you put any weight on that leg!"

DraconisSiirexus

Depawsit

Charitable Informer

15,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Invisibility 100

Siire

Wealthy Wolf

5,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Profitable 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:17 pm
Seeing through a cloak of the sun's heat waving over the sand, she noticed a figure hobbling their way before she could reply to her mentor. Hearing them say they were going to already jump in, her tuft immediately puffed up like a bunny's tail and heard her mentor talk a lot and got curious if she was interested in the male. Not wanting to did into personal business, she nodded and padded to the other side and had him lean against her a bit as well, helping him keep the weight off. "Looks like a twisted leg, and a bad one. If its a minor case, we should be able to fix it easily, though it'll hurt the patient at first and he would have to stay in his den for several weeks, maybe for a month. If its a really horrible, it would take an important operation to get it back together, which may be a bit bloody, but there is a really strong chance of success. Am i right, Mentor?" She said, seeing if she was right on the problem.

It really did look bad, though she hardly felt sick, didn't feel nervous, and was hardly bothered by it. She was calm and relaxed, not going overboard about the situation being like this. She kept a good position as she helped move him, keeping herself sharp and ready for any instruction.

SilverLutz

Depawsit

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:01 am
Kasoro smiled weakly as the two lionesses rushed to his side. He wasn't one to ask for help that often, but he knew in this case it would be needed. Hopefully it was an easy fix, though...he didn't like being down and out for too long. What fun was there in laying around in a den for weeks on end, after all? Besides, he could hobble around on three legs well enough.

"No, no one attacked me. I misjudged how stable a river bank was and took a little tumble down some rocks." he said, hoping it didn't sound as lame as he thought it did. He leaned on Soleil and Sua as they made their way back to where they had run from, finding the going a bit easier now that he didn't have to worry about falling over.

Blue eyes widened as the younger female started to go off on how they'd have to fix him. Surgery?! "I...I don't think it's quite that serious," he said with a weak laugh, glancing at Soleil for confirmation. "I mean...I can put some weight on it. See?" He lowered his foot once they stopped moving, standing fairly normally as far as he was concerned. It was just when he shifted his weight to it that something hurt.

"Ha ha...see? Just a little sprain!" Or so he hoped. He didn't want to be out for so long! He'd just gotten on his feet in this pride. To help out for a few weeks and then be den-ridden would be horrible.

Depawsit

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

Depawsit

Charitable Informer

15,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:11 pm
Soleil was nearly in a panic before she was able to pull herself back into reality. It was only then that she realized she might have overreacted to Kasoro's injury. Now not only did she feel shame for babying her dear friend, but also shame for not being appropriate when it was needed the most.

"Right. I'm sorry to the both of you, perhaps I didn't get enough to eat this morning. I am pretty jittery today!" Trying to laugh off her absurd reaction, she tried to focus on Kasoro's injury as the trio walked over to the triage center. Though she kept and ear open to everything Sua mentioned. All of it seemed proper and correct, though she tried to stifle the giggle at Kasoro's face.

Finally the trio stopped, and Soleil stepped away to get a better look at him. She was hardly impressed by his attempt to prove the two wrong, though she wouldn't show it. He was oddly adorable when he was flustered.

"No, no, I don't believe it will require anything so serious." Shaking her head in agreement with Kas, she smiled. Though she quickly turned to Sua not a moment later. "Though you did an excellent job assessing his risks. Very good job!" Now smiling for ear to ear, she returned her attention to Kasoro once more.

"Uh huh ... a sprain ...." Walking circles around him only further proved both Sua and Kasoro's points.

"Well ... the good news is the two of you are right ..."

Pausing for a moment she allowed the tension to flow through the room.

"The bad news is, it isn't as 'little' as you think Kasoro. Look at you! You can't even put weight on it without wincing." Soleil shook her head and tried to hide the pain on her face. She hated seeing him this way.

"Given that information ... what is your personal suggestion Sua?"

DraconisSiirexus

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:12 pm
She listened to their words and knew there was no probability to to do surgery so it would be fine and smiled. Seeing him try to show he was good, she wasn't really seeing a proven point and it was clearly obvious. Well it was, until the comment on doing a good job assessing the risks and being right, she was a bit embarrassed and it made the edge of her tail sway. Looking back at the sprain, she walked a little closer and with her eyes, looked it over like she was scanning it to make sure that she would have the right answer. "Since there is no harsh thing, i say we go with a simple task at fixing it. What i think is that if there is a bone of the ankle out of place, then we have to pop it back together, though it'll hurt. Once complete, it has to have a paw-made splint to make sure it doesn't mess up and it'll take up to a month or two just for it to heal." She said as she stepped back and sat down to get a more distanced view, but only by several inches away.

"If that way is right then we'll need a few things for the splint. We'll need two pieces of wood that will be really hard to break, so that'll be easy to find since the desert heat hardens all trees we can find. We also need to find a lot of long and very tough grass to tie it up with, but that is a bit harder to find unless there is a supply somewhere here in the field or somewhere around the central of the pride." She said, giving a hard stare at the ankle, knowing those things will be best need. "If a bone is to be popped back in place, it'll hurt for a couple days so its good to keep in something cool, like sand in the shade because there is a chance of swelling to occur. Once it stops hurting, after two or three weeks you'll be able to walk a bit but not a lot, so a lot of breaks to rest it will be needed. After a month or two, make sure to have another checkup to see if your completely healed." She said, completing her analyse on the injury along with the solution and the care till fully healed.

Depawsit

SilverLutz

Siire

Wealthy Wolf

5,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Profitable 100

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:48 pm
Kasoro let out a short breath of relief as Soleil confirmed that it wouldn't need anything invasive. Surely it would be fine on its own, but with the head guard at the station telling him to come here...well, he couldn't ignore orders. After his little act didn't convince either female, he lifted his hind leg once more to take any weight off it. Good thing he had four legs or he'd be tipping over right about now.

The white lion glanced at his friend, frowning at the expression on her face. "I'm fine. Look, just a little rest and-" But she was having none of it, it seemed. He sighed softly and let the younger lioness inspect his foot, his toes jerking as a light breeze blew. He grimaced at the little motion and the thought of his bone being dislocated. It would make sense...but he hoped that wasn't the case.

After the diagnosis, he glanced back at Soleil, waiting to see if she agreed or not. He hoped he wouldn't be out for a month, but...they were the professionals here. He knew nothing about injuries or how quickly they could heal. He just hoped the Firekin wouldn't consider him dead weight and kick him out.

Depawsit

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:06 pm
Soleil listened to Sua's every word, nodding appropriately. She was quite impressed with her little apprentice! Though from Soleil's viewpoint, it seemed Sua was already a very well informed Nurse. She would be very glad to give Sua her blessing when the time came for her to become a full fledged nurse.

As Sua finished up, Soleil looked patiently from one to other of them. Both contemplating words, and trying to decide what the best course of action was. That was when she realized how silly she'd been.

"Oh dear, I beg your pardon Kasoro! This here is my medic apprentice Sua. I've recently taken her under my wing for some added guidance. I hope you don't mind her very astute assessments! I promise you, she's actually quite good at what she's doing." Soleil nodded happily between the two before stepping back to Sua's viewpoint.

"Another amazing assessment. Now we have to decide whether he truly has broken any bones before we can go any further. Kasoro here is not a fighter, so I believe if his injuries are minor enough, he can continue his duties. WITH REST STOPS OF COURSE!" She placed a glare of doom upon Kasoro before lightening up and smiling once more.

"Now! Let's see about that broken bone shall we?"

Standing up and walking over to Kasoro once more, she motioned for Sua to follow. She then placed a sorrowful look at Kasoro before gently placing her paw on his back leg. She was gentle ... or as gentle as she could be. Kneading away at the paw and ankle, applying pressure, feeling for abnormalities.

"Hmmm, I don't feel anything broken in there. You got off lucky this time Kasoro!" She announced, with almost a little too much excitement. "Though I am going to recommend a splint, just as Sua mentioned. Along with that i'm going to give you some medicine. You should mix the powder with a good amount of water and drink it before you head off for your duties each day." Again she nodded her head, though her authoritative tone was back.

"Do you think you can handle that? Or does Nurse Soleil have to follow you around and make sure you do as you're told?"

DraconisSiirexus

Depawsit

Charitable Informer

15,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Invisibility 100

Siire

Wealthy Wolf

5,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Profitable 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:37 pm
Ears twitching forward again, she became embarrassed about the compliment until she her the word "medicine" for him and her little tease and smiled. "If you want, Mentor, i could see if i can get the needed supplies. The grass is optional though; we just need something strong enough to tie it so it doesn't come off." She said as she held her tail down so it could stop going nuts with the swaying. "By the way, should i go fetch the medicine?" She asked her mentor, remembering one of her siblings had the same problem and knew which one to grab. Her tail kept trying to get free, but she kept a hold of it with her paw, her claws blocking its only escape like it was in prison and she looked at the two adult, one day to become one herself.

Depawsit

SilverLutz

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:50 pm
Kasoro nodded to the younger lioness, a small smile on his face. "A pleasure," he murmured. "I'm Kasoro as...you've probably guessed by this point." He perked up just a bit as Soleil mentioned going back to his duties. He could take breaks, he had no problems with that. Just being a useless ball of fur that had to be fed every few days didn't sit well with him.

He held as still as he could as Soleil pawed his ankle, only grimacing a few times. He was glad it never hurt enough to jerk away from her, though, both because it meant he didn't have any broken or dislocated bone, and also because it was rather nice to feel her warm paw against his. He had to drag his mind away from those thoughts, though, as she concluded he'd just need a splint and some medication.

The question made him pause for a moment before a small, teasing smile crossed his lips. "Well...I may accidentally forget it here or there. Having Nurse Soleil follow me around might not be such a bad idea." Oh, he was horrible at flirting, but he had to try. He glanced to the younger lioness, offering her a little smile of apology. He knew it was never fun to be around two awkward potential lovebirds.

Depawsit

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

Depawsit

Charitable Informer

15,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:28 pm
Soleil exhaled a heavy sigh of relief at Kasoro's polite introduction to Sua. She was grateful to hear she hadn't allowed another to intrude upon him unwelcome. As Kasoro finished up his introduction, it was only a split second before Sua's eager to please personality popped up once again. Soleil smiled, trying to hold back a giggle at how adorable she truly was.

"Yes that would be great Sua. But if you can't find them easily enough, come back here. We can have a scout find us the necessary supplies while we tend to his injury." Nodding her head, she raised a paw to point Sua in the correct direction. "My you're very on top of things today aren't you? Impressive! Yes, please fetch the medicine while you're away." Soleil offered Sua one last gentle smile before returning her attention back to Kasoro.

"Alright smart guy, you sit down and rest. Let Nurse Soleil take good care of you." Patting the ground by her flank she waited for him to take a seat.

"And don't you worry, we'll figure out a way to make you take your medicine, whether you like it or not .... well I guess that will be a surprise for the both of us won't it?"

DraconisSiirexus

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:14 pm
Bounding off before their little chat began, she went the direction that her mentor pointed to where the medicine was. After a few minutes of going to the medicine, it took a couple more just to search and she took hold if the medicine. Smiling, she carefully carried it back to them but stopped at a corner to hear them chat. 'It would be rude of me to disturb them, being lovebirds themselves. I'll just sit here and give them a bit longer....' She thought and smiled as she looked at the sky and shut her eyes to drift off in thought for a minute. After almost an hour of sitting there, she finally got up and walked to them, setting down the medicine carefully. "Finding the place it was stored at was easy, and so was finding it and getting a hold of it, so i took a bit of time coming back since i wasn't really in a rush." She said with a smile as she sat back down and looked at them with her green eyes.

Depawsit

SilverLutz

Siire

Wealthy Wolf

5,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Profitable 100

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:54 pm
Kasoro watched Sua bound off with more excitement then he'd ever seen in someone her age, a little smile on his lips. Well, at least she enjoyed what she was doing. Guarding was fun, he thought, when they got to go out and walk around. But the parts where they just sat or paced the border wasn't terribly entertaining. Ah well...he could look into a position change should he wish to move around a bit more. For now, though, he was happy with the life he lead.

Turning his attention back to Soleil, he did as she asked and took a careful seat, his injured leg stretched out to the side. The 'threat' made him laugh quietly and shake his head, reaching out to gently bump a good paw against the lioness'. "I promise I'll take it," he said with a nod. "I wouldn't want to worry you more than I have already."

They chatted about nothing in particular for a while until Sua returned with the needed items. He stretched out his leg again to let them have a clear shot at it, hoping the splint wouldn't take too long to put together.

Depawsit

[IC] Motoujamii-Simo Lands [IC]

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces