Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:59 pm
User Image

This is a Recruitment and IC/OOC Preparation thread for an upcoming pride plot of the Mwezi'Johari.
If you have a character in this pride, it is very important that you take a look at what is to come! If you don't, you're more than welcome to join!

User Image

This is Shangyue, he is second in the line of succession to the throne, following his mother. There is still a long way between his mother and the throne, though, which makes it that much farther away for him. Not keen on waiting a lifetime to become an old, short-lived King, Shangyue is going to take over the pride as soon as he feels he is ready.

Yes, Shangyue will be taking over the Mwezi'Johari by force.

Because this is not an easy plot to run without the cooperation of the active pride population, both ICly and OOCly, I can't surprise you with the climax of this pride-wide plot. All lions will be affected by it and so everybody is being given an opportunity to plan and prepare for it. There are specific lions who will be needed by Shangyue and some who will be considered a threat, this thread is to help me find characters willing to play this part.

This is what Shangyue needs:

Rogue Allies

• Shangyue is personally recruiting new pride members, hoping to add a certain population that is loyal to him and not the existing monarchy within the pride. Yes, this means he is more likely seeking out shadier lions and playing up his own ability to offer status within the pride.

In-Pride Allies

• Shangyue is not going to openly discuss his plot with everybody but he will be looking for anybody who might be convinced to take his side. He would be careful in approaching anybody for open support until after he takes over but he would be observing the general goings-on and trying to see if there's anybody he thinks might already be on his side without too much pressure.
    • Anybody with a character who would show any signs of interest in Shangyue and his future, even without knowing that is about to happen, would be great to know about!
    • Anybody who might successfully be approached and recruited to his cause would be even better to know about!

Slaves

• The most important part of his plan. Shangyue intends to use slaves, offering them the protection and support of the monarch in exchange for their loyalty and services specifically because the Great Lion ignores them (Read this RP if you want to fully understand his logic).
  • There has been an undertone of dislike and minor hostility towards slaves since the last pride plot, Shangyue will use that as a basis for offering slaves a better life (and afterlife, sharing in his favor with the Great Lion) if they are willing to help him. Their jobs will not always be agreeable to the most moral but anybody who is focused on their own spiritual and physical well-being may be persuaded.

• Opportunity for Escape - During the course of this plot, I will be allowing the escape of an undecided number of slaves. Shangyue will be most open in the early stages of his plot with the slaves as he tries to recruit them to his cause. Any slaves who refuse could be chased out of the pride OR any slaves who disagree with and fear how they are being used could become desperate enough to flee. I will happily work with anybody for their specific slave but it must come through me!

One Strong, Adult Former-Rogue

• Shangyue needs one primary ally from outside the pride that he has recruited in. This lion will be his most trusted ally and will primarily act as his muscle and as part of an intimidation act. The only catch is that this lion must be(come) a slave. Shangyue will be watching recruits and attempting to get a feel for where they place when they are initiated. His goal will be to find someone that Great Lion has no doubt ignored their whole life and will continue to ignore. And in this particular case, he will guess right.
Found!

Notes

• Shangyue has been very careful, there should be no IC gossip about him that could relate to his plan. Those who could see it coming have RP with Shangyue to back up the claim and permission to use that knowledge however their character sees fit, that is it. UPDATE - Shangyue remains cautious but is being more open about his intentions but only with the lions he has personally recruited for the pride. In particular, he would be reassuring to those who became slaves. All details of his plan remain vague. And while he has started to scout for useful slaves, he has yet to actually approach any.

• There is no form, if you have someone to offer for any part currently outlined, just post and let me know!

• Even if you don't have any characters to offer, if you have a pride member just please be aware of this upcoming event. There is nobody in the pride who will be unaffected.

• There is no plan for any resistance movement/group yet but if you have any characters you are convinced would not stand for it, feel free to post or PM me.

• Certain characters will be of greater concern to Shangyue than others, I will be contacting their owners directly soon!

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

User Image

New Recruits

• Akahana (Alpaca Chobi) - Low Class (Slave)
  • Belial (Green Ever After) - Middle Class (Guard)
  • Chosimba (Alpaca Chobi) - Upper-middle Class (Hunter/Guard)
  • Najisi (Andranis) - Low Class (Slave)
  • Shor'ame ([ Lady Kiya ]) - Middle Class (Guard)
  • Tyfu (mouselet) - Upper-middle Class (Guard)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:15 pm
I have a slave : D
User Image

She had no real loyalty to the pride other than her sister who is also a slave. She isn't completely unhappy as a slave but ... the tension in the air could be enough to stir her on to his side.

I have rogues biggrin
User Image
Chosimbas some what blankish. He's been traveling the lands ever since he hit adult and not turned back to the now fallen dawn walkers. He's learned the harsh life of a rogue on his journeys and is ready to be recruited.

User Image
Blank slate. She can def fit in to what ev as a supporter.  

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

OP-Yuna

Crew

Dulcet Scarface

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:15 pm
Rishima Would likely go for whatever has the best prospects for himself, but would likely be willing to lend some support to Shangyue's endevors.
Stela, like the good little obsessed fangirl/Misa-Misa of the SoA world, would do whatever Rishima would do. Her dad is a slave, so she'd be happy to see some of the bad light on slaves lessened, even if it was just a platform for Shangyue to use to gain support.

Astrith, a fairly young adult still, would have the greatest chance of helping support Shangue, as he feels one way or the other, he doesn't really have anything to lose, and would be willing to help bring about change. He is...restless, I guess.

If there is anything any of my bunch can do to help out, I'm game. 8D  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:19 pm
Mwezi Ally
Avahk has been careful to keep his opinions to himself ever since his father was evicted. No, even before that he was quiet because Yareha was so outspoken. But his views align more closely with Shangyue's than Thoth's.

Rogue Ally
Tyfu is a somewhat unscrupulous rogue who is happy to give her loyalty to the one who promised her a place in the pride, rather than to its "rightful" ruler.  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

magnadearel

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:29 pm
Ooooo drama!

Nkosazana has always had a hankering for more favor. Plus she's just had a litter of slaves, so she might be convinced to do things to earn her cubs more favor. <.< >.> (chi honda and I are still working on giving them away.)

Meshach is pretty laid back and not the kind of guy for a takeover. Particularly when its his family that could be hurt.

Afrim is a juv and not sure which way he'd go.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:47 pm
Bwhahaha, everything sounds great so far >) It actually looks like I could get things rolling sooner than I thought! Just need to find Shangyue's slave friend/muscle.

I guess I should have prepared better for rogue recuitment! I'll do rolls directly in this thread, if everybody agrees! Shangyue will happily help anybody who expresses interest in his currently vague promises and plan in their petition to join, so initiations would go very smoothly!

Mouse has OKed a roll for Tyfu, just need to make sure it's OK for Chobi's!

Alpaca Chobi

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:49 pm
Ecavi

I am totes okay : D  
Ecavi generated a random number between 1 and 5 ... 2!
PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:53 pm
OK, let's do it then! biggrin Because of Shangyue's plan to use slaves, I'm assuming slavery is OK with anybody and I'm leaving it in the roll. If not, let me know!

Chosimba

1 = Full Moon, High Class
2 = Waning Gibbous, Upper-middle Class
3 = Last Quarter, Middle class
4 = Waning Crescent, Lower-middle Class
5 = New moon, Low Class  

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:54 pm
Akahana

5 = New moon, Low Class  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:55 pm
Ooooh, plottin's ~ heart

Atsuko would be very supportive - Her mother's a slave, but by some stroke of cruelty, she and her siblings ended up High Class. I don't know the IC situation with her brother and sisters, though ;;

Kin would also be supportive, if only because he sees slavery as wrong... And he has a few relatives who are slaves.

Rosea-luna is like Atsuko - Her mother is a slave, and she's not happy about that. She also lends support(Even though she's still a juve right now xD )

Aaaand finally

Nina-dini is down at the bottom, and as a slave who's very unhappy about it, she'll also HAPPILY support Shangyue!

All my other Mwezi are somewhat... Neutral xd They're neither in favor or against, what happens happens.  

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

Tyfu

5 = New moon, Low Class  
Slaves totes cool. I can have Akahana go in as a slave since Chosimbas upper middle class already and it sounds like you need some more slaves for his plan : )  

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:58 pm
I also have
User Image

Who I believe is destined for slavery as well but I dont know how helpful a juve would be.  
[OOC] Plot Recruitment Threads [OOC]

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff