How did you name your fursona? Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

total-d0rk

Original Noob

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:45 am
I'm curious as how people come up with names?
I've seen some pretty exotic names to plain ones... and I'm having trouble coming up with my fursona's name.
Any suggestions to help?  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:16 pm
I honestly just went with the name people usually called me by, my nickname Jojo. One of my exes called me fluffybutt, too, so I took that into my "furry" name as well.  

Jojo the snow leopard

Dapper Dabbler

4,700 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Person of Interest 200

mattofmana1481

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:14 pm
That's a good question. I came up with the name Wyle very late at night. I specifically thought, whats a specific but weird way to pronounce a name? lol Sounds like While  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:18 pm
Mine Is Marley i took it from my name and switched it up abit  

CelestialHollows

Clean Citizen

2,200 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Member 100
  • Hygienic 200

WoofyGoo

7,600 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:26 pm
My fursona name is woofygoo, As my nickname suggests

I always wanted to go by the name Wolfy, As the name Expressed a cuteness factor for what I went for, and the fact that I was a canine back then was also added in there Lateron, My fursona became a goo, and going by the name "Wolfy" confused many people.
Later I joined a comminity on ArmA II Takistan life server, and one of the owners was called Wolfy aswel, That brought us both quite some confusion, So I decided I'd change my name. I wanted to have combination of atleast 2 things to fit in the name, Wolfy and Goo, as for the name together would be wolfygoo.
As much as that didn't help much, and I made my fursona a goo Shark back then, I jokingly said to someone "Woof! I am a goo!" And There I came up with the name, Woofgoo, As the cuteness factor decreased and the weirdness of the name increased, I decided to add a Y inbetween, Creating:
Woofygoo

I've also noticed that no one anywhere has this same nickname, so I am proud to have my own name over the internet, A name all to myself <3  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:23 pm
My fursona is Phyruss and it is part of me. its a vision of who i see me as. part of me. but more of me who i want to be. like something to grow into in the future. who i am but even better. you feel the name.  

Knight_Bloodless

ghostchildiv

Lucky Nerd

17,950 Points
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:27 pm
pooka is my fursona's name. I like celtic lore and she changes shape so pooka is fitting.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:17 pm
Kitsune is a fox, and her mother is Japanese. There's a bit more to it than that, but it's complicated and I'm tired (it's quarter after 11 at night here). X3

I also have a newly-developed caracal girl named Christina, because I like the name. Also a boring reason. X3

Sunegami

Playful Nerd

22,040 Points
  • Pizza Party Attendee 500
  • 1000 High Score 100
  • OTP 200

Staemwulf

Dapper Genius

6,550 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:10 am
I named mine Holmes because one my love for the books and two I'm a steampunk fanboy.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:59 pm
I found out another fur was using the same name as I was in the fandom, so I borrowed the name of a character in my book as a placeholder and just ended up adopting it.  

Thorn apple

ZazuHelvii

Devoted Otaku

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 7:37 am
To be honest it started out here on gaia. I've gone by Zarud Helviiryn for years and then I was called Zuzu by some friends. So I shortened Helviiryn to Helvii and got Zuzu Helvii. cat_sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:50 pm
well i was dressed as a cheetah one day around the saw mill and i ran into a fox fur. he told me about the guild and drew my avi. after a few editings on deviant art i ended up with this pics and i called her Amy. i have two other furry looks both foxes one called Gina and the other is Abby.

User Image

this is Gina

User Image

Abby

User Image  

Lumbee Wolf Lady

Fashionable Werewolf

horuslover

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:50 am
I didn't have a name for my fursona until someone had asked me on my very first furry outing what character's name was and the first words out of my mouth were Rose Tiger, and the person said that it suited me. Ever since then, I've associated her name with the roses that my grandmother used to grow around her house, especially her love of yellow roses and my late grandfather's love of pink roses. So sometimes, things we were either told about or remember for our past can give us an idea of what we're trying to name.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:04 am
I've always had a fascination with the idea of good and evil, light and dark, etc. so I began using the moniker "Dusk" for most cases in placement of my own name, If I ever make a female character in a game her name is "Dawn" as Dusk's counterpart.
So uh, my fursona's name is Dusk.  

DeathlyGreed

King Cat

12,725 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Adult Furries Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash