Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Yin-Bug

Mega Streaker

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:16 pm
User Image

If there was one thing that Minkah knew about the firekin it was that he wasn't exactly that well received. Although he had a pretty nice welcome by the... regent? and here and there nice lions would join him for lunch or for training. But he generally got stares, rude remarks and snide comments. Sure there was still the friendly lions but there was mostly those who didn't trust him. He could understand why and how! It seemed as if there were many lions who didn't like the fact that he was part "Nergui" granted he was Nergui through the form his father. But he had never met his father in his entire life. He didn't even care about his father... Honestly he hated his father. His visions showed the true side of his father. A cruel lion with horrible intentions. A lion that just wanted to hurt. Minkah was the opposite of that.

Minkah was actually a black sheep in his family. He wanted to do nothing but good and wanted to help as often as he could. His family wasn't really full of bad lions. His mother wasn't bad but his mother wasn't that good either. He was the odd one out and although he loved the sister he was raised with and his mother he knew that he wasn't exactly their favorites, they cared but it's some time's it's hard to relate to some one so different.

Then again he found himself in another place where he was a black sheep. His colors could fit into the firekin but honestly he didn't know anyone and they didn't seem to like him. Also because he spoke of the visions that he had. Not many others trusted that. He mentioned once his mother he was a goddess but found out that it was a bad idea to speak that to any other. Apparently ther were some in the pride that believed in gods. But Minkah wasn't sure that he wanted to take the chance to ever mention that again. For now he did what he thought was best. He stayed quiet and low. He avoided most of the others except the friendly and just liked to spend his time focusing on trying to train and prepare to deal with the Nergui.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 6:03 am
User ImageTimes change.

It was interesting just how much time changed everything. Once upon a time, had someone asked Kenna how she envisioned her future, she wouldn't have been able to envision anything other than her as queen of her pride, full of strength, the blood of the goddess... the name 'firekin' feared across the land, plans to make the Simo see just how wrong they were. When she'd merged with the Simo, it'd been out of necessity, and she'd always thought there'd come a time where she could either force her way back to the top, or influence those there into returning to the traditional values of the pride; the traditions that had made them into giants, feared across the Savannah.

Now, she was a magistrate, and while not at the very top, she was one step from the final position and she just... saw no point in doing what her younger self would have. There was no point in furthering her cause, and no point in being naive, thinking that anything would be accomplished from such a feat.

The pride had changed, the rules had changed, and along with those rules... the lions themselves had changed too.

Kenna wouldn't have been able to say if for the better or for the worse; her thoughts were as divided on that notion as the members themselves seemed to be. On one hand, the pride flourished, it thrived, grew. The rogue blood making them stronger in some ways... smaller, weaker in others. They no longer took what they needed, but instead bargained for it; they were no longer feared, no longer were they a threat to neighboring prides, but an ally. She wasn't sure why that bothered her, since after all, peace was quite nice, all in all, and not something to be laughed at. Alas.

And then... there were the Nergui.

That was a whole 'nother can of worms, as far as Kenna was concerned. Her ears, however, had picked up on snippets of conversation, rumors (ah yes, those seemed to fly, now a days), of a new member that was half nergui. Son of a god, even, which rather amused the ex-queen. Something told her the lad might be interesting to meet, what with his back story; that and... well, she was bored, in all honesty, and surely hunting the lion down would be more fun than just laying around, watching others mock-spar, "You," she voiced as she rounded a corner, finally coming upon her intended target, "You... don't exactly look very threatening, do you, for a Nergui," the voice drawled as the large, bulky lioness looked him up and down. She didn't particularly look 'friendly', but she was relaxed enough that she wasn't an immediate threat to Minkah.

A smirk curled her lips as she leaned in close, "You poor thing; you've been running your tongue a bit 'round these parts, haven't you? You keep getting glares and stares, huh?" she leaned away, clicking her tongue over her fangs, "You poor, poor thing. Someone should probably give you a rundown of the rules, what you should know," there was a hint of an invitation in her voice as she turned away and began walking towards a patch of shade, "I'm free and I'm quite bored," she gave as way of explanation, "My name is Kenna. I didn't catch yours from the rumors though, forgive me."

Yin-Bug

Daffupanda

Adorable Lionheart

4,575 Points
  • Married 100
  • Cool Cat 500

Yin-Bug

Mega Streaker

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:12 pm
Dark Fire Angel
Sorry it took so long xD

The reason that Minkah was wandering around was so that he can find somewhere to go or something to do, but he felt like at times it was just pointless. He just couldn't find anyone to talk to or to hang out with at this point. His tail flicked around behind him and he was walking, he was thinking the best thing to do at the moment was to head back to the den but as that idea crossed his mind the voice of a lioness caught his attention. His ears perked and he turned to her. Was some one actually talking to him? His look was probably pretty confused for a moment but then he started to realize that she was indeed talking to him.

She was an interesting looking lioness, a firekin for sure. He was pretty big for a rogue but not quite the side of a firekin male, but it did make him happy that he was rarely smaller than the lionesses at the pride. HE was at least the same size for sure. He stared at the female with a pretty confused look on his face. He wasn't too threatening looking? What was this lioness even talking about? He was so confused, he really couldn't even put words into it. He was a little speechless as she talked before he could figure out something to say, but he started to follow her to where she was sitting.

"Rules?" He asked curiously, he was more than sure that he got the rules of the pride but there must be something that she knew that he just didn't know that much. His tail flicked around behind him as he watched her. "My name is Minkah-tzvi." He figured that was a good place to start talking. "Rumors?" He asked before a small smirk grew on his maw and he couldn't help but to laugh a little. "I know there are quite a few following me around. I didn't know that prides were so... talkative." He had never been part of a pride and not only that but he really had never knw what being part of a pride was like., but he knew some about the Nergui. "My father is part of the Nergui, but I was raised by my mother." He hesitated, he knew a few knew his mother was a goddess but he wasn't sure if this lioness knew as well, and he wasn't in the mood for a fight today. "My sister is a Nergui and so is my father but I'm not at all."

His tail flicked before thinking a question to ask her. "Well, Kenna, what makes you so interested in me, of all members of the pride?" He arched a brow at her, she seemed like an interesting lioness. "Most others don't want anything to do with me."

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:49 am
User Image"Why... yes indeed," the large lioness chuckled as she looked over her shoulder, "Rules and rumors. Both," she rolled her eyes slightly and then shook her head, "Strange, I know, but we rather love gossip 'round these parts. Keeps us on our toes, you see, and gives us a break from all the politics," it was... not really a lie at all. Lions tended to talk among themselves over the stupidest things. Kenna figure in part, it had to do with boredom, not to mention due to the fact Firekin while slightly more open than they used to be, were still rather narrow minded in a lot of ways.

Not that she was against the narrow-mindedness, granted, given her upbringing. She was just slightly more aware of it's existence. In a way, Kenna was self-aware, but only due to the fact she'd had to face the trouble and consequences that mindset would bring to the safi eventually, "We're not very used to change, you see. We talk all big and mighty, but rattle up our routine, what we're used to... and there's chaos. We're quite stubborn when it comes to change. It's in our blood, I think. Something like that," she reached the shade and plopped herself down on the ground, reclining her back against a large rock, unconsciously refusing to leave it open for attack even in the safety of the pride, "It's like the saying goes; it's not you, it's us, really," she arched a brow at the rogue and then turned to glance over what little she could see of the territory from her spot, "Oh, yes. Prides talk. Tongues like to wag like there's no tomorrow 'round 'ere. I blame the peace and relative boredom. If there'd been a war, a larger crisis going on... I don't think anyone'd have given you half a glance. As it is though, you're strange, and you're new, and you're offering something different to stalk about than the damn weather," she leaned in close for a second, "The weather never quite changes 'round here, boy. Always the same. Not much of a conversation starter, you see."

Her eyes focused on the male as he spoke, a smirk gracing her maw, "Ah, yes. Your mother. Nice topic of conversation too. I guess you owe your size to her?" her tail flicked as she spoke, "I usually match most rogue males in size, and dwarf the female, but you're possibly, slightly larger than I am. I am most impressed," she paused as he spoke, opened her mouth and yawned, "I'm bored," she told him quite honestly, "I'm bored, it's hot, and you're someone new to talk to. That and... I'm not afraid of what anyone might think of me for talking to you," the smirk that had previously been gracing her lips grew into something almost sinister, "I don't think many would even dare try to challenge me. The remaining Safi know better, and the rest... well, I figure most know better, too," she chuckled slightly, "My, but you really are new. Don't even know who I am. Guess you've not had your history lessons yet, have you?"

Yin-Bug

Daffupanda

Adorable Lionheart

4,575 Points
  • Married 100
  • Cool Cat 500

Yin-Bug

Mega Streaker

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:01 pm
Dark Fire Angel

Minkah stared at the lioness, he was sure that he was given the rules of the pride when he was brought into here. "Are they spoken rules?" He asked arching his brow at her a little skeptical of what she was saying. He was pretty sure that unspoken rules were a pride thing but he had to clarify. "I mean, are these rules that are just kind of there but not official?" He wasn't sure how else to ask that question honestly, talking about prides and things about prides was just extremely odd to him and hard to understand.

With the lioness's explanation of the pride and them being stubborn, as she did his own smirk grew on his face it was then followed by a chuckle. "I can see that." He commented thinking about the fact that everyone seemed to resistant of him. "I'm not here permanently, I really just want to help keep back the Nergui and leave at some point." He said simply with a nod, "once that is done I can continue on my way and everything will be good to go." He stretched his limbs out as he approached where the lioness was laying down, he stretched himself out and sat on his haunches before laying across from her. He wasn't sure if the lioness was going to be okay with him getting comfortable or not but he went for it anyway. He dug his claws into the ground a little before commenting on the weather himself. "I can tell." He commented with another small laugh.

He held his breath for a moment as she started to talk about his mother, she didn't seem to mind that was for sure. "Ah." He started shifting himself to get comfortable, tucking one paw under him. "Not many want to hear about my mother actually I think some hate me because of my mother, they refuse to think that it is possible." He laughed again before speaking. "I don't know much about my father, but from the visions I have seen he is rather large himself.

He paused and arched a brow. "Safi?" He questioned arching a brow at her, he wasn't that sure of what she was talking bout. "Because I haven't made a full decision to settle myself in the pride no one seems that interested in helping me figure out too much about the pride."

[IC] Motoujamii-Simo Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games